Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Heaven loving forbid someone gets paid for their hard job that generates ungodly amounts of revenue for the institution they labor on behalf of.

I really don't get how someone could look at the NCAA critically and wait never mind answered my own question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Holy hell that's a hateful caricature of college professors. Has anyone told Tinsley?

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Samurai Sanders posted:

Holy hell that's a hateful caricature of college professors. Has anyone told Tinsley?

Also, what is that vending machine or whatever beside the door?

the only way glenn knows people get food

(SN)ACKS, presumably

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Samurai Sanders posted:

I love how half of them are black whereas in reality, one of the MU student demands is increasing people of color on the faculty all the way to 10%.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
The four sections of society: The army, the navy, the rich, and the women.

Also the other one with the woman in battle, bravely wielding a kettle and some doughnuts?

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

TheDarkFlame posted:

The four sections of society: The army, the navy, the rich, and the women.

Also the other one with the woman in battle, bravely wielding a kettle and some doughnuts?

There's a label on the second one for the Salvation Army. Easier to see in person though.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

And then they replaced his hands with bombs.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Istvun posted:

the only way glenn knows people get food

(SN)ACKS, presumably
Yeah, I figured it out seconds after I posted that. I haven't actually seen one of those machines in a long time.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Horsey is really good at drawing adorable dogs.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

cram me sideways posted:

ehhhhhhh maybe never anybody spit on VN vets - http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/press_box/2000/05/drooling_on_the_vietnam_vets.single.html

but nobody's omniscient so if he said he was spit upon, then he was spit upon

",,, every time he pushed for more evidence or corroboration from a witness, the story collapsed--the actual person who was spat on turned out to be a friend of a friend. Or somebody's uncle. "

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Prince Charles is visiting the colonials and a thing happened that resulted in the country being run by someone named Malcolm.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I had to google some things, but now I get that Pope and it's pretty good.

(Assuming I'm correct in that the "Dismissal" two months ago is Abbott's ousting)

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Oh GOOOOD! More of THIIIIIIS! :suicide:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Rorus Raz posted:

I had to google some things, but now I get that Pope and it's pretty good.

(Assuming I'm correct in that the "Dismissal" two months ago is Abbott's ousting)

Yeah, that's :thejoke:, any other Australian with a inkling of knowledge of australian political history would think of the one in 1975.

quote:

I’m sure [Gough Whitlam would] have gone on to do much more had his time in Government not been unceremoniously cut short, not because of an election defeat nor indeed because of a party room coup of his elected colleagues, but because he was chucked out of office by the then Governor General Sir John Kerr (the Head of State -- The Queen’s unelected representative ) and replaced as PM by the Liberal Party leader Malcolm Fraser, after Fraser’s representative in the Senate failed to give Gough’s minority Government’s budget Bills support.
The irony was that Gough had originally appointed Kerr to the role, speaking of his ‘significant achievements in law and administration.’
Even at this point of greatest political loss for Gough his razor-sharp tongue and inimitable whit were much in evidence. With some irony he said, “May well we say God Save The Queen because nothing will save the Governor General.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXq056TJhU4
this video might not be available in your country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9hZ7kjgFh4

(Norman Gunston. Incidentally, the man in the blue jacket being interviewed in the second shot is Bob Hawke, future Prime Minister.)

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 12, 2015

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That man has a terrifying grin.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW2kSkurQFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5jI0FSIXWE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YNQXxwKlH8

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

This is good and accurate, good dog is rightly concerned about those two people.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Zetsubou-san posted:

(Norman Gunston. Incidentally, the man in the blue jacket being interviewed in the second shot is Bob Hawke, future Prime Minister.)

Ah Bob Hawke, the kind of politician you'd want to sit down and have a beer with...

... except he drank all the beer before you got there and now there's none left.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Guest artist: Bob Gorrell

The movement may have been catalyzed by a few controversial stories, but the reagents have been present for centuries.

"Hurtful words are hurtful!"

Clearly an incorrect statement.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Print the "hateful word" Glenn. Do it you piece of poo poo! Oh yeah that's right he's a disingenuous coward.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cloud Potato posted:

But now...
:yayclod::britain::siren: TIME TO VOTE FOR THE [BRITISH] POLITICAL CARTOON OF THE YEAR!!!!! :siren::britain::yayclod:

Yep, those nice peeps at the Ellwood Atfield Gallery are running the Political Cartoon Of The Year 2015 competition, and you can cast a vote! I think! Click here, scroll down, peruse the 28 entries (including lots that don't get posted here) and do a little democracy!

Some of the images are thumbnails, others are zoomed in portions.

I think everyone will on some level appreciate this offering from Glenn Marshall of Private Eye.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Macksy posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
The robot's mouth in this comic is flipped horizontally and rotated -99 degrees. Kirschen is a paragon of laziness and bad art. He will copy/paste whole comics, but put special care into copying a poorly-drawn circle.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Macksy posted:

Samovar posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:confused:

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEajhyHhqSU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I don't think I've seen this posted here yet:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

I love how half of them are black whereas in reality, one of the MU student demands is increasing people of color on the faculty all the way to 10%.

And is probably the only one the UM can't outright agree to as written iirc as quotas were deemed unconstitutional by the Supremes.

That said, the stuff theyre demanding is pretty standard poo poo really. But Ramirezes gonna Ramirez.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

loving savage burn by Bell. You inspired me to look for other comics by him but no burns were quite as savage.

King Dopplepopolos
Aug 3, 2007

Give us a raise, loser!

nerd plus rage posted:

loving savage burn by Bell. You inspired me to look for other comics by him but no burns were quite as savage.

I like this one better, honestly, if only because there's been a cross-faith, bi-partisan response of, "Wow, that's ridiculous," about the Starbucks thing.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

nerd plus rage posted:

Must not have gone into his archives. Bell has a very Bennett sense of dry wit, but his toons are angrier overall, making for some serious :drat: every once in a while.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Rorus Raz posted:

Adam 4d is mad

He wrote a lovely cartoon about it, but it's basically Right Smart Adam talking to Wrong Dumb Facebook Guy

FB also shut down Drawing Dicks on the Herald Sun. :(

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

King Dopplepopolos posted:

I like this one better, honestly, if only because there's been a cross-faith, bi-partisan response of, "Wow, that's ridiculous," about the Starbucks thing.

Yeah, the Starbucks cup thing is traceable to a single Youtube attention whore whose whole schtick is ginning up outrage. It seems most Christians, even those who get their panties enwadded over "Happy Holidays," don't care. Beating up on imaginary Starbucks-cup-hating Christians isn't much that different from the McCoys, Tinsley, or Gorrell beating up on imaginary hypersensitive liberals.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

betaraywil posted:

Heaven loving forbid someone gets paid for their hard job that generates ungodly amounts of revenue for the institution they labor on behalf of.

I really don't get how someone could look at the NCAA critically and wait never mind answered my own question.

Now I'm trying to see if I can find a piece I saw at the NC museum of art. It was a photo of a football player crouched as if at the line of scrimmage, and opposite him was a sharecropper crouched to pick cotton.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Somfin posted:

Trump: Famously okay with second-rate service and other people getting what he wanted.

"Why would I want to hang out in a penthouse in a building with my name on it in downtown Manhattan where I'm surrounded by 5 star restaurants when I can eat an Oreo in a rundown barn in East Texas?" - Donald Trump

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

:qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: BLACK STUDENTS SHOULD HAVE TO ENDURE RACIAL ABUSE ON CAMPUS :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq:
:qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: ASKING PEOPLE NOT TO BE ASSHOLES IS OFFENSIVE TO ME :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq:

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

there wolf posted:

Must not have gone into his archives. Bell has a very Bennett sense of dry wit, but his toons are angrier overall, making for some serious :drat: every once in a while.

What trenchant commentary. I like the cut of this guy's jib.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I suck as an artist, but in my intro painting class, I made something that is kind of a political cartoon/commentary.

All I need to figure out is where to put the DEBT.

• Locked thread