Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Baal posted:

Why is Sawatari suddenly in love with Serena and why is this not getting focus

I think it's just a joke in the op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No it's real now and I want it

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sawatari will escape from trash hell and then duel Yuri to protect her.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Shun deserves his upcoming time-out at the garbage pit and get scolded by all his Lancers buddies until he accepts that they're cool and helps out breaking out of there.

Gongenzaka is the only person in the group he actually likes, so this is what will probably happen. But he will defeat Crow first.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Baal posted:

Why is Sawatari suddenly in love with Serena and why is this not getting focus

I can't wait for this to blossom to a nuanced, compelling relationship, deftly delivered by the experts of romance that are the Yugioh anime writing staff.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I just want the same level of romance for Sawatari and Serena as the ED scene. Like he tries to flirt with her and she's just so oblivious and uninterested in him that she doesn't even realize she's rejecting him (like with that sleep punch) "Well, after all that dueling to save the City from Academia i'm famished, what do you say we enjoy our victory over dinner?~" "My dueling was barely good enough, I need to train more. Yuya will probably agree to waste time and dine with you."

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Because Yuri can't be interested in Serena like the rest of the Yu's and their girls. What with being a horrible psychopath. So instead she'll break convention and get with Sawatari, who will finally have a proper, full on screen dramatic duel where he loses and is carded by Yuri.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Onmi posted:

Because Yuri can't be interested in Serena like the rest of the Yu's and their girls. What with being a horrible psychopath. So instead she'll break convention and get with Sawatari, who will finally have a proper, full on screen dramatic duel where he loses and is carded by Yuri.

He will be the first to complete the circuit and lose to all 4 Yu's.

It's still super suspicious that Serena doesn't even seem to know the Yu from her dimension unlike all the other bracelet girls though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yuri seems to work like the loving Boogeyman rather than an actual human being in his dimension, so that's not surprising.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He will be the first to complete the circuit and lose to all 4 Yu's.

It's still super suspicious that Serena doesn't even seem to know the Yu from her dimension unlike all the other bracelet girls though.

We don't know that.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Slur posted:

We don't know that.

Hey, that's why I said she "seems" to not know him. We'll probably know for sure depending on her reaction when she duels Yugo.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Hey, that's why I said she "seems" to not know him. We'll probably know for sure depending on her reaction when she duels Yugo.

...Why then and not when she first saw Yuya?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Slur posted:

...Why then and not when she first saw Yuya?

Duels are more dramatic and would generally be the place for character revelations, and backstories.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I went and started watching some of the older episodes, and man the final stretch of the Arc League tournament was ridiculously good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

I went and started watching some of the older episodes, and man the final stretch of the Arc League tournament was ridiculously good.

:yeah:

I think I preferred the first round dueling wise but the battle royale was fantastic just for how much stuff was happening and for having really little downtime despite going for around 10 or so episodes I want to say.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Shun you stupid fool. You're not supposed to let him win!

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Shun you stupid fool. You're not supposed to let him win!

Reiji's plan was to show the power of the lancers.
Thus, the fate of every lancer but Yuya was set in stone.
Those plans of Reiji always go so smoothly

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
God drat it. Just god loving drat it every time.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Did Crow win

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

alcharagia posted:

Did Crow win

And then they punched the air at each other to symbolize they were bros

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Onmi posted:

strong

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Onmi posted:

Whatta a bunch of birdbrains.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Truly with that show of bro power Raidraptor Guy has shown himself to be a true successor to the 5D's name

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They have done irreparable damage to Shun's character by having him brofist with Crow

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Crow reminded Shun that the sole reason to fight is to have Orphan Advantage to be invincible.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Crowsaki

[e]is it just me or is the animation for this ep a lot better? might be close to actually wrapping up the tourney.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Everything about that duel except Crow winning was great, but really, there's nowhere for Shun to go after beating Dennis. Still, I would've rather Yuya de-assholed him than Crow.

The scene we didn't see at the end was the dudes trying to take Shun underground and Shun bicycle kicking their heads off and bailing to go beat up Sora.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

VJeff posted:

Everything about that duel except Crow winning was great, but really, there's nowhere for Shun to go after beating Dennis. Still, I would've rather Yuya de-assholed him than Crow.

The scene we didn't see at the end was the dudes trying to take Shun underground and Shun bicycle kicking their heads off and bailing to go beat up Sora.

Shun finding Sora can't happen next episode because Tsukikage is going to confront the guy who carded his brother and we can't have two vengeful teens attack Sora in the same episode.

Baal posted:

They have done irreparable damage to Shun's character by having him brofist with Crow

Perhaps they are trying to rehabilitate Crow's character by having him brofist Shun.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can't rehabilitate what is already dead

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Baal posted:

You can't rehabilitate what is already dead

Liches can be pretty cool, just IMO.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Arc-V Crow is cool, it's time to get over 5D's, guys.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Arc V Crow is decent but he beat Gongenzaka so I don't like him. He's not 5D's Crow though so he's got that going for him.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

VJeff posted:

Arc-V Crow is cool, it's time to get over 5D's, guys.

He's not 5D's crow but MY ORPHANS and beating Gongenzaka is bad

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Baal posted:

He's not 5D's crow but MY ORPHANS and beating Gongenzaka is bad

Gongenzaka threw the match because he's great with kids. That and the animators hate him and make his cards bad. Fuckin Kyuu-B...

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
do the lancers doing slave labor know that dennis is academia?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rudoku posted:

Gongenzaka threw the match because he's great with kids. That and the animators hate him and make his cards bad. Fuckin Kyuu-B...

Huh? Kyuubi's pretty good.

And, yeah, the general gist to both of Crow's duels is that the Lancers going against him didn't go full blast. Gongenzaka coulda stomped Crow while he was distracted, but didn't, because Gongenzaka is awesome and honorable. Shun could've gone for an Action Card during the last turn, but didn't because he accepted that the Friendship Cup wasn't his battlefield. It's a pretty huge piece of development in Shun's case.

Red Suit posted:

do the lancers doing slave labor know that dennis is academia?

If Tsuki's going in and out, he could've told them. If not, Shun can. If neither of them do, nope.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It'd be kinda great if there's no breaking out of the mines thing and Tsukikage just leads them out the elevator like nothing and they all gaze at the destroyed City and have all the revelations told offhandedly.

"Oh and then Shun discovered Dennis was from Academia"
"What?!"
"Yeah, it was fun shooting an orbital strike at his metal gear, probably should've told you that during VHS Mountain"
"Yuya might be a god of sorts split into four, btw"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

VJeff posted:

If Tsuki's going in and out, he could've told them. If not, Shun can. If neither of them do, nope.

I kind of wonder if neither will tell them just because Gongenzaka was probably the lancer who spent the most time around Dennis , and they might want to pull some more drama out of his betrayal with having Gon encounter him during the Syncro invasion. Though I suppose the same thing could happen even if someone told Gon he was a traitor.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27583027

Full version of Speaking if anybody cares, it's a pretty neat song imo. Lyrics below since they're interesting

quote:

Hey, let me ask you. What's your favorite song?
Hey, what would you say if we just got up and ran off together
and we talked without hiding the blue of our hearts?

Yeah, wake up to bedtime!
Let's make this our best day!
Well, come here, come here!
Everyone, everyone feels lonely sometimes

Even the teacher doesn't know.
Even our best friends don't know.
Don't you want to talk to someone?
I mean, just talk!
No need to beat around the bush.
There's nothing wrong with being sad.
I mean, just talk!
Just talk to me!

Hey! Let me ask you. Who is the person you like?
It would be so nice if this world is filled with love
Just scream out without hiding the blue of your instinct

Hey! Let’s be open!
And be the best of ourselves
Well, come here, come here!
Everyone, everyone thinks that they’re by themselves sometimes.

You still don’t know everything
You still haven’t noticed
Don’t you just want to talk to someone?
Just let me stay by you!
There's nothing wrong with being sad.
Just talk to me!
Just talk to someone!

Let’s dance happily until dawn
Let’s celebrate our first kiss (As in each one's individual first kiss with other people, like "hey i got my first kiss at that party last week!" "i got my first kiss a few days ago too! high five!")
No need to be shy,
Let’s talk about our hobbies or talents!

But what you want to know
Is none other than “you yourself,” isn’t it?
What are you trying to convey to that certain someone
With the message you send with your fingertips?
“I’m going to fall if I’m not going to speak about it”
“I’m going to get hurt if I don’t learn.”

No one knows about you!

Even the teacher doesn't know.
Even your best friends don't know.
It'll be fine, so just talk!
Let’s have a good time! Let’s jump up!
I mean, just talk!

C'mon, just talk to me!

Given how Yuya and Sora's talk went a few episodes ago it looks like the ED is sorta about their friendship, of Yuya trying to get Sora to open up and say express all the stuff that he's bottling up due to being a child soldier and all that, wouldn't be surprised if Sora pulls a Face Turn and then the cloud that's behind Yuya in the ED gets removed to reveal Sora was there.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Meanwhile in the Academy, the Arc V version of Jaden has his new Elemental Hero cards waiting for his chance to sell them.