Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mike-o posted:

Pretty sure I've got pcie 3.0. I've still got dual gtx 470s so it would be nice to just plop in a new video card and be fine for several more years. I really want a new motherboard that has usb 3.0 though.

gpu is the bottleneck for 95% of games, get a 970 for 300 bucks and youll be able to run pretty much everything until the next console gen since every multiplatform game is built to console spec first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ya cpus hold their weight for a long time. It's all video cards now

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ME GROGNAK

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

:gowron:

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
Playing with an overclocked i5-4690k/970 combo and I'm playing in 4k with a comfortable 50-60fps. Really well optimized for a launch-day Bethesda product. No gamebreakers for me thus far. (Still waiting!)

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Game is cool, went blind into this so I thought my character was going to be the son...

So now I am playing as a 1950 former lawyer turned hardass detective girl.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Oh god I love the bladed tire iron. Chopping up ghouls is relaxing.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

:cool:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Right now I changed my face to Hitler and I'm wearing Road Warrior armor with a sea captain hat. Also picked up a unique Walther PPK with suppressor. I sneak around headshotting people.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't even tell if the hardboiled detective is a product of bad writing or because he was a robot designed to be a generic hardboiled detective

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
You can snipe the fusion core on power armor and it explodes in a tiny mushroom cloud :stare:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I like the blood smeared face asthetic.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You can snipe the fusion core on power armor and it explodes in a tiny mushroom cloud :stare:

Yup. The big sentry bots also expose two cores on their back after firing in order to cool down, and you can shoot those too.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I just recreated 9/11 with the USS Constitution. :stare:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I found some armor that is like a permanent stealth boy when you sit still.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I just recreated 9/11 with the USS Constitution. :stare:

I loved that mission.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I kinda hate playing this game with a gamepad but the PC controls suck so bad

I don't know what to do

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

I kinda hate playing this game with a gamepad but the PC controls suck so bad

I don't know what to do

Play with a HOTAS, problem solved.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

Play with a HOTAS, problem solved.

:v:

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I hope you fuckers realized that you can literally tear down busted houses in Sanctuary for shitloads of free resources? And just about everything else including the burnt out cars.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

I hope you fuckers realized that you can literally tear down busted houses in Sanctuary for shitloads of free resources? And just about everything else including the burnt out cars.

Wait, what?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ahahahahaha you guys are gonna love the switcheroo towards the end of the game

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
So turns out you were an abusive husband that used to drink hand sanitizer and beat the poo poo out of your wife and child. She staged her death and kidnapped her son, seeking refuge in an Enclave safe house for abused wives. You turn up and use your Charisma skill to convince the Enclave social workers that you're from Child protective services. Then you feed your whore wife to some mole rats and ride off in to the sunset with your son on your new pet Deathclaw, Pickles.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

So turns out you were an abusive husband that used to drink hand sanitizer and beat the poo poo out of your wife and child. She staged her death and kidnapped her son, seeking refuge in an Enclave safe house for abused wives. You turn up and use your Charisma skill to convince the Enclave social workers that you're from Child protective services. Then you feed your whore wife to some mole rats and ride off in to the sunset with your son on your new pet Deathclaw, Pickles.

game of the year

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The truth is so much lamer than that

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Holy poo poo, I just got hit by the blowout storm thing. :stare:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
gently caress that deathclaw in Concord

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So I've pretty much gone the Revolver Ocelot route. I'm a quadruple agent trying to pit everybody against each other so I can steal all their guns and armor in the aftermath.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

So I've pretty much gone the Revolver Ocelot route. I'm a quadruple agent trying to pit everybody against each other so I can steal all their guns and armor in the aftermath.

:ocelot:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Metal Ge...Liberty Prime?!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Last night computer decided to reboot for updates on me while in the Fort Hagen Command Center, so I probably lost all progress from the door onward. Of course had it not I'd probably have stayed up even later than I already did.

For the next game I'm kind of hoping they go back to a character that doesn't have a set backstory.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Built an insanely good sniper rifle.

Named it Quiet :qq:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Does it have boobs, if not then not interested. Finally got some time to play tonight. Found dogge, dogge is good.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I don't like when dogge gets hurt. I hate his whimpers and how he sits.

:smith:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Syrian Lannister posted:

I don't like when dogge gets hurt. I hate his whimpers and how he sits.

:smith:
That's why I've mostly been bringing Piper along. Don't bring Codsworth anywhere you want to sneak around, he likes to crash into those can noise-maker things.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Built an insanely good sniper rifle.

Named it Quiet :qq:

She's your digital fag hag

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Dogge, the most brave and noble of companions, boldly rushed forward into combat to save me and got blown up by a Super Mutant Suicider. I freaked out and mashed quickload. :( Not sure if I should keep bringing dogge into the unknown like that.

But he finds so many items and he's a good dogge. :smith:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

Dogge, the most brave and noble of companions, boldly rushed forward into combat to save me and got blown up by a Super Mutant Suicider. I freaked out and mashed quickload. :( Not sure if I should keep bringing dogge into the unknown like that.

But he finds so many items and he's a good dogge. :smith:
Companions aren't supposed to be able to die.

She's your digital fag hag
Maybe Steely Dan III from Yokohama would be a better name.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

I always knew that dogges were godlike. Dogge it is, forever and ever! :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

They can as a result of certain faction quests.

• Locked thread