Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yo soy fiesta
Feb 6, 2005

Are you fucking shitting me, dude!?

I'm thinking about trading Ivory for D. Murray. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

0PPR 10 team yahoo league
My RBs:
Lamar Miller
Chris Ivory
Demarco Murray
Legarrette Blount
Karlos Williams
Darren McFadden

My WRs:
John Brown
Amari Cooper
Stevie Johnson
Sammy Watkins

I'd like to trade for Diggs to bolster my WRs. Which RB could I give up?

yo soy fiesta posted:

I'm thinking about trading Ivory for D. Murray. Thoughts?

This feels kinda like a lateral move to me.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Yeah. I don't really understand 1 for 1 trades at the same position. You're outright saying that you think the guy you have sucks and the guy they have is better. Unless the other owner just has wildly different opinions for some weird reason, it's hard to get those trades done.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Dropped Eddie Lacy for James Starks in the 10 team PPR league where I'm in second. I chose to drop Lacy instead of Gio or Moncrief. No regrets.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I've given up in my keeper league after losing most of my team to injury (including Leveon :() I traded all my remaining players who were worth anything for picks in next year's draft.

Anyhow, I managed to pick up Starks on waivers today, and our trade deadline is Friday. Does anyone have any idea what kind of value I could get for him, draft pick wise? Is asking for a 5th too greedy?

10 Team, non-ppr league where we get two keepers per year (the penalty is you lose whatever round pick they were drafted at last year, free agents are 18th rounders. You can only keep players for 2 consecutive years after drafting them)

I guess I should also consider the possibility of Starks being the guy in Green Bay from here on out. In which case I can keep him for an 18th next year.

Ughhh, using my brain is hard.

My keeper options right now are:

LeVeon Bell (3rd round)
Jordy Nelson (15th round)
Kelvin Benjamin (16th round)
James Starks (18th round)

RCarr fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 11, 2015

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Thinking of paying big for DeMarco Murray. Gore to Murray more than a slight lateral move? I feel pretty good about the rush game in Philly moving forward. Gore is about to be facing more stacked boxes.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
What's Moncriefs value like now that Luck is out for the next 2-6 weeks?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

89 posted:

Thinking of paying big for DeMarco Murray. Gore to Murray more than a slight lateral move? I feel pretty good about the rush game in Philly moving forward. Gore is about to be facing more stacked boxes.

Whoever is giving up Murray won't see it as a lateral move. Kinda depends on what you're willing to give up.
If you stick with Gore, here's why you'll be okay (or at least this is what I tell myself since I couldn't ship him off earlier this season):

In weeks 13, 14, and 15, Gore has Pittsburgh, Houston, and Jacksonville. Of these, only Jacksonville ranks pretty well vs the run... and they're still Jacksonville. When Indy isn't trying to claw back from falling behind early, Gore has been very reliable for a pedestrian 10ish points regardless of circumstances.

Murray faces New England, Buffalo, and Arizona (All Top 5 vs the run so far this season) in weeks 13, 14, 15. Not great match-ups for a team that, even without losing a franchise QB due to a kidney laceration, doesn't scare defenses out of the box. Most recent game vs Dallas aside, I guess.

I don't know how all of these teams have fared recently vs the run, but it's worth considering.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

RCarr posted:

So Fanduel is now illegal in NY (where I live). I still have FDP points or whatever they're called remaining. It just let me use them to enter a contest. If I win money, will they just tell me to gently caress off, or what?

FanDuel and DraftKings are fighting the cease and desist order, so they have not withdrawn from New York. In the event that they do leave the state, there's basically zero risk for your money (deposits or winnings), unless it turns out they are just spending everyone's account balance like Full Tilt Poker was doing back in the day. They will convert FanDuel points into cash equivalent for you to withdraw; at least that's what they have done in other states they left.

A lot of good info on this site: http://www.legalsportsreport.com/6081/ny-ag-daily-fantasy-sports-faq/

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
1ppr, standard yahoo scoring. I got offered Hill and Langford for Megatron. Cincy faces a couple tough teams down the stretch and the Bear's will see StL and Den..it doesn't seem like a good idea.

He's also got

Sanders
West
Marshall
Martin
Murray
Woodhead

I've got

Yeldon
ARob
Snead
Stevie
Sims
V.Davis

I was thinking of offering him Megatron, Snead for his Woodhead, Langford. Is that even? A pipe dream?

edit; Megatron, Snead for Woodhead, Hill?

decypher fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 11, 2015

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

a shameful boehner posted:

What's Moncriefs value like now that Luck is out for the next 2-6 weeks?

Hard to say I think, he got some looks in one of Hasselbeck's games and nothing the next. Hell, I was thinking of dropping him for Luck's buddy Griff Whalen at this point but kinda want to see how it goes now.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Splinter posted:

I don't think Murray being out has much effect on Jones' workload. He's more of a gadget player than a pure RB. The Raiders will run a few plays designed to get him the ball in space, but that's it. There's 0 chance he gets used consistently between the tackles. He's also coming off a 2 fumble game, which doesn't bode well for increased usage (he has a history of ball security issues).

Who would get the ball if Murray is out in your mind? Helu was a healthy scratch last week and hasn't had a touch in 3 games. The fumbles do complicate the situation, but Jones recently passed Helu up as the backup and also in passing situations. Reece is in the mix, too, on passing downs but it's still been Jones that they've gone to lately when Murray had to miss plays.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Which 2 do you guys like better rest of season out of Forsett/Gore/Martin? I'm trying to do trade things, but I'm not sure now that Luck is out for at least a month.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Got an offer, Melvin Gordon and Marvin Jones for my boy Ivory. Thinking about it just because Ivory always fucks up. Do you guys think Gordon unfucks himself?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Thinking of proposing a trade of

My: Jarvis Landry
His: Charcandrick West

He really needs receivers, so I'm hoping to capitalize on that. Latavius's potentially scrambled brains have illuminated my lack of depth at rb, so I'm pretty motivated to trade as well. If he counters I may end up including maybe TY Hilton or maybe Bradshaw since he's giving up a rb. Do you guys think this seems fair either before or after counter offer?

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Zypher posted:

Who would get the ball if Murray is out in your mind? Helu was a healthy scratch last week and hasn't had a touch in 3 games. The fumbles do complicate the situation, but Jones recently passed Helu up as the backup and also in passing situations. Reece is in the mix, too, on passing downs but it's still been Jones that they've gone to lately when Murray had to miss plays.

This is all likely moot since it is looking like Murray will pass concussion protocol and play, but if he doesn't, I expect Helu will be active. Main RB duties probably handled by some combo of Reece and Helu. No idea what the split would be. Probably a hot hand approach. The Raiders like Jones because he has big play potential, but I don't think they see him as an every down back (especially with his ball security issues). He's not a between the tackles runner. His usage has been very consistent all season: 2-3 carries, 1-3 targets. He comes in at RB occasionally to attack the perimeter, and he lines up at WR to try to create mismatches. They run a few plays designed to get him the ball in space. With Murray out, I think they try to keep him in this role. Maybe he sees a few more carries, especially if Reece and Helu aren't getting the job done, but I just don't see a drastic increase in usage.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Got an offer, Melvin Gordon and Marvin Jones for my boy Ivory. Thinking about it just because Ivory always fucks up. Do you guys think Gordon unfucks himself?

Nope. I'd stand pat with Ivory

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Which 2 do you guys like better rest of season out of Forsett/Gore/Martin? I'm trying to do trade things, but I'm not sure now that Luck is out for at least a month.

I like to use playoff schedule as a tie breaker this time of year and Forsett has by far the worst of the 3.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
If any of you guys can get away with trading Langford for anything in a non-keeper league, capitalize. It doesn't sound like the Bears are going to shelve Forte this year, so he'll turn back into a pumpkin in a week or two.

I'm definitely holding him in my keeper league, though. Seems like he's proven he can take over that backfield when Forte inevitably leaves.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Splinter posted:

This is all likely moot since it is looking like Murray will pass concussion protocol and play, but if he doesn't, I expect Helu will be active. Main RB duties probably handled by some combo of Reece and Helu. No idea what the split would be. Probably a hot hand approach. The Raiders like Jones because he has big play potential, but I don't think they see him as an every down back (especially with his ball security issues). He's not a between the tackles runner. His usage has been very consistent all season: 2-3 carries, 1-3 targets. He comes in at RB occasionally to attack the perimeter, and he lines up at WR to try to create mismatches. They run a few plays designed to get him the ball in space. With Murray out, I think they try to keep him in this role. Maybe he sees a few more carries, especially if Reece and Helu aren't getting the job done, but I just don't see a drastic increase in usage.

I don't disagree that Helu will be active if Murray is out. But I still think it will be Reece and Jones that handle the combo of main duties. Helu has been phased out of the offense since the BYE. Here are his snap counts followed by Taiwan Jones' (offensive) snap counts for the season:

Week 1 vs Bengals: 0, 11
Week 2 vs Ravens: 4, 10
Week 3 vs Browns: 7, 5
Week 4 vs Bears: 13, 0
Week 5 vs Broncos: 27, 0
BYE
Week 7 vs Chargers: 10, 15
Week 8 vs Jets: 2, 8
Week 9 vs Steelers: 0, 10

Taiwan's usage hasn't been consistent all season -- it's been the inverse of Helu's usage. And Helu's role grew every week until the BYE. Since there's been no injury that I know of, I assume the coaching staff took a look at the running game during the BYE and decided they didn't like what Helu was bringing to the table.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
If anyone cares to look - any idea why my waiver transactions failed on this on ESPN? Talking to our commish and neither of us can figure it out. I have the money, no one else had in a claim, and I was going to drop a player to pick them up. The only error message on them is "Unsuccessful"

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/waiverreport?leagueId=79266

e: I have both players now thanks to the commish adding the manually. One was LB for LB and the other was for bench K for a RB. No limits on either of those I would have hit. Would be nice if we could figure out wtf happened though to avoid it in the future.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 12, 2015

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

LmaoTheKid posted:

Np, sorry for the short post. I was on my phone.

Evans has been up and down a lot, Austin has been great but IIRC he got banged up on sunday.

West is much more valuable than those guys. If you need help at WR, which it looks like you don't, you can do a lot better. West is the RB1 for his team and it looks like a pretty good RB2 with upside going forward, fantasy wise.

Wrs are a dime a dozen.

I was actually facing this same basic question earlier (without Austin). I had offered Hurns for C. West, and the other owner said he wanted Evans instead, but I was reluctant. Am I way off base here? I think Hurns's success is a little fluky, so I didn't mind losing him, but Evans will always get buckets of targets. I was more interested in trying to move Hurns for Blount instead of West to avoid losing Evans, but maybe I'm crazy.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
In a PPR keeper league, who do we think is most valuable:
- DeAndre Hopkins
- Antonio Brown
- Some RB

I prefer the WR for health reasons and I have two of the best, but I can try to trade for a RB to keep

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Boon posted:

In a PPR keeper league, who do we think is most valuable:
- DeAndre Hopkins
- Antonio Brown
- Some RB

I prefer the WR for health reasons and I have two of the best, but I can try to trade for a RB to keep

Probably Brown. As long as Rapistberger is still alive AB84 is his favorite weapon.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Forever_Peace posted:

RB
1. James Starks - Fine, I'll buy it. Eddie Lacy may just be like this all season. Starks keeps on producing so you might as well go get him. The #1 add this week.

2a. Karlos Williams - Looks like a monster when he runs. Just got back from a scary 5-week concussion (!). McCoy is still the main guy, and I expect some regression on Karlos' efficiency, but he is a phenomenal injury play and may hold value as a desparation flex.

2b. Matt Jones - Morris started the game, but Jones looked like the better runner and got the lion's share of the carries. I think this might increasingly head towards a Jones backfield as the season progresses.

3. Charles Sims - You know the drill. Good bye-week ppr guy.

4. Theo Riddick - You also know the drill. Good bye-week ppr guy (and exclusively ppr - dude can't run for poo poo).

5. David Cobb - Should be activated this week. Crowded and underwhelming backfield make me pessimistic, but who knows - he could own. Promising rookie.

6. Shaun Draughn - Went 16/58/0 as the lead back for SF. They could very well decide to sit Hyde for the season to repair the stress fracture in his foot, but the next three weeks for SF are a Bye/SEA/ARI, so you could be stuck not wanting to play Draughn AND not knowing whether he'd actually have any value when the good match ups roll around.

7. James White - RIP Lewis. It was fun watching you juke LBs out of their shoes. White is the pass-catching guy on their roster right now and filled in for Lewis the last time he was banged up. I'd anticipate more work for Blount above all, but White could be a speculative situational add, especially with the way Brady has been throwing it. But there is a distinct chance he just isn't very good.

8. Isaiah Crowell - ehhhhhhhhhhh

9. Taiwan Jones - Latavius is on the concussion protocol. If it ends up being a bad one, Jones is the most likely starter (followed closely by Reece as the passing down guy).
Joique Bell (29%) doesn't make the list? I was trying to decide between him and Rawls (14 team league, slim pickings, Rawls obviously is only valuable if injury happens) and just picked him up, dropping Lewis.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Zypher posted:

I don't disagree that Helu will be active if Murray is out. But I still think it will be Reece and Jones that handle the combo of main duties. Helu has been phased out of the offense since the BYE. Here are his snap counts followed by Taiwan Jones' (offensive) snap counts for the season:

Week 1 vs Bengals: 0, 11
Week 2 vs Ravens: 4, 10
Week 3 vs Browns: 7, 5
Week 4 vs Bears: 13, 0
Week 5 vs Broncos: 27, 0
BYE
Week 7 vs Chargers: 10, 15
Week 8 vs Jets: 2, 8
Week 9 vs Steelers: 0, 10

Taiwan's usage hasn't been consistent all season -- it's been the inverse of Helu's usage. And Helu's role grew every week until the BYE. Since there's been no injury that I know of, I assume the coaching staff took a look at the running game during the BYE and decided they didn't like what Helu was bringing to the table.

Jones was out weeks 4 and 5. Murray did not finish the game week 4 and caused 2 horrible turnovers before he left. Murray was not very effective weeks 4 and 5, which happen to be the weeks Helu saw more work. If you look at Jones' usage in games he played as a percentage of offensive snaps, it looks pretty consistent to me and doesn't seem to be trending in any particular direction: 17%, 14%, 7%, 24%, 13%, 14% (and that's with Murray leaving the game early). Again, his touches have also stayed consistently low.

Jones only lined up at RB 1 time after Murray was injured. Reece was at RB ~24 times, Olawale 1.

With Murray handling the bulk of the carries, Helu doesn't bring much to the table. Only 46 players can dress for each game, and Reece, Olawale and Jones offer more versatility. This doesn't mean the Raiders prefer Jones to Helu as an every down back.

Jones is not the type of runner that can fill in for Murray. Reece and Helu can. Reece probably gets the start, but I'm not convinced he handles the bulk of the carries like Murray, especially if he isn't very effective. That's where Helu comes in. I'd expect him to see a few carries or a series every now and then, with increased snaps if he runs well compared to Reece. Jones continues to get his regular use in his change of pace / gadget role, maybe a small increase.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I am being offered Rivers and Miller for Rodgers and Gore in a 1 PPR league. Basically it will cover my and the other teams weak points for this bye week; I'd have to roll with Bortles until next week but I think Miller is an upgrade over Gore.

I'm also being offered Stewart and Cutler for Bortles and Crabtree by another team. I need to make a move so that I don't have Dexter "loving" McCluster as my RB2 this week. Thoughts?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nfl.com standard league

Should I drop Fitz or John Brown for Doug Martin?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

RBX posted:

Nfl.com standard league

Are these literally your only two options? Fitz, for sure, if that's all you can choose.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I also have Decker OBJ Robinson and Julian.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Are these literally your only two options? Fitz, for sure, if that's all you can choose.

What?

Fitz is on pace for 1400 and 14 TD's, even in standard that is quite some points.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RBX posted:

I also have Decker OBJ Robinson and Julian.

Out of those 6 i'd drop Brown.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

VietCampo posted:

What?

Fitz is on pace for 1400 and 14 TD's, even in standard that is quite some points.

I assume he means Fitzpatrick.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

RBX posted:

Nfl.com standard league

If it's Fitzgerald, John Brown. If it's Fitzpatrick, Fitzpatrick

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Spoeank posted:

If it's Fitzgerald, John Brown. If it's Fitzpatrick, Fitzpatrick

100% agreed

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
If Doug Martin is on waivers than it must be an 6-8 team league, and I don't think Fitzpatrick would be owned in an 8 team league?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Its Fitzgerald lol. Thanks guys. Yep its 8 team.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So after working out a couple trades this week before the deadline, this is what my team going forward will look like

1 PPR Keeper QB WR WR RB RB TE WRT K DEF

QB: Newton
RB: Gurley (6th round keeper), West, Blount
WR: Antonio Brown, Demaryious Thomas, Dez Bryant, Kamar Aiken, Jordy Nelson (IR 10th rd keeper)
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: Josh Brown
DEF: STL

I think i should be well stocked for a run at the playoffs. With the trades i gave up i have 3 empty bench spots. These are the remaining free agents, who should i be grabbing?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
On that list, I'd personally pick up Washington, Randle and Sims.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I'm getting on a plane tonight and won't be able to set my lineup close to game time, should I keep Shady in or bench him? I don't want to land and find out there's a zero waiting for me but it does seem like he's more likely than not to play tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

coronaball posted:

If Doug Martin is on waivers than it must be an 6-8 team league, and I don't think Fitzpatrick would be owned in an 8 team league?

Could be a bad knee jerk reaction to last week

• Locked thread