Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I've still never bought that VIP wristband. I should do that some day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is there a wardrobe function in this game? What do I do with all these empty orange gear shells

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is there a wardrobe function in this game? What do I do with all these empty orange gear shells

Character screen, there's tabs along the right side for Outfits. You start with just one but can buy more.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Bank alts. Lots of bank alts.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I hope the Consulars script gets a little better after Tython. I don't mind Norths voice acting but the dialogue isn't giving him much to work with here. These lines are terminally boring.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Do any of the professions make wildly better money than the others? EDIT: Not including the current event I mean.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Casyl posted:

I think this was one of the things they changed when they deployed that patch addressing framerates and load times about 2 months ago, because before that I never noticed low fps on npc animations. I'm not sure if that's what happened, but yeah, the low fps is annoying.
It's infuriating and totally killing my desire to get into the game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Nipponophile posted:

Bank alts. Lots of bank alts.

drat. I like the story stuff in this game but I really miss all the quality of life features that have shown up in other games. Like, I just soloed a Star Fortress on Heroic, but I didn't know there was a Weekly associated with it, so because I didn't pick up some quest from a box it didn't count towards that.

On that note, it looks like Star Fortresses are pretty much just for grinding gear and influence, right? There doesn't seem to be much story in them and they seem to be unconnected to the overall progression. Maybe I'll just do the recruitments to check those boxes off.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
He was joking dude there's totally a wardrobe function

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Which companion isn't a liability to the Agent? The half-bug who places the colony before himself and you? The bioterrorist spy who experiments on himself? The force-sensitive fugutive who's a walking death sentence? The A.I. who literally tells you to your face she's going to kill you?

Lokin is actually one of my favorite companions. Just because he's all about doing what's best for the Empire, but without being super LS or DS about it. He's pragmatic, and dislikes doing stupid poo poo to gain LS or DS points. He just operates off of, "Is this good for the Empire y/n?"

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Nov 12, 2015

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh, so if I put a gear piece into an outfit slot, I can still use that skin even if I destroy the actual gear piece? But if I wanted to save multiple body piece skins I would have to buy multiple outfit tabs?

Honestly this is just my hoarding impulse talking, in reality I should just get rid of all these pieces because none of them look that great anyway and I am unlikely to switch from the Imperial uniform with red tassel I picked up three years ago

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh, so if I put a gear piece into an outfit slot, I can still use that skin even if I destroy the actual gear piece? But if I wanted to save multiple body piece skins I would have to buy multiple outfit tabs?

Honestly this is just my hoarding impulse talking, in reality I should just get rid of all these pieces because none of them look that great anyway and I am unlikely to switch from the Imperial uniform with red tassel I picked up three years ago

I'm pretty sure that if you sell off a piece of gear you like you can still keep the look. But if you overwrite that costume then you lose that outfit. So it's probably in your best interest to hold on to your favorite looking gear.

The costume designer is actually one of my favorite things about this game. Everybody running ops has essentially the same gear, but because everybody plays Barbie Dressup differently, nobody looks the same.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Nov 12, 2015

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Also mentioned in guildchat, if you're trying to get the daily done where you infect 3 people and you have access to the VIP area in the fleet, you can usually get it done with one giant leap if you jump off when you have stage 2 plague right above the spawn area on the fleet. I've gotten 14 people in one hit.

There's a daily for infecting people?

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

prefect posted:

I remember reading that it was your romantic follower if you had one. Maybe it's random otherwise.

Oh god, I did a flirt with doc ONCE because I read the comment as pretty loving sassy and then I was apparently locked into a romance with him and he asked me to marry him. I hated that loving guy so bad, like, there has never been a creepier companion. Take the hint, you loving knob.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

ShineDog posted:

Oh god, I did a flirt with doc ONCE because I read the comment as pretty loving sassy and then I was apparently locked into a romance with him and he asked me to marry him. I hated that loving guy so bad, like, there has never been a creepier companion. Take the hint, you loving knob.

I told Quinn to go gently caress himself and shut up at every opportunity and I still ended up getting the conversation when he says he can't control himself anymore and finishes with "I'm going to kiss you now, my lord" :gonk:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ShineDog posted:

You had so much sex with him before he asked you to marry him.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

peer posted:

I told Quinn to go gently caress himself and shut up at every opportunity and I still ended up getting the conversation when he says he can't control himself anymore and finishes with "I'm going to kiss you now, my lord" :gonk:

It's Mass Effect all over again!

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

Insert name here posted:

I don't know how anyone could hate Corso, he's such a lovable hillbilly:
"Gee boss, I hope you never ask me to shoot a woman"
"Even if she was shooting at you?!?!?"

I had a lot of fun having Corso by my side. Especially if you sleep around, and you can do that a lot in the Smuggler storyline. At one point you can tell this twilek guy you're about to gently caress that Corso is just a puppy that follows you around, causing him to indignantly storm off. I didn't think I would, but by the end I was even enjoying the romance!

One of my favourite moments was getting approached by a bounty hunter in Nar Shaddaa, resulting in this exchange:

Sadly I could't find a video of it. Apparently everyone chooses to be a badass and refuse Bowdaar's help.

EDIT: Found the screeshot!

Beeme fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Nov 12, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

prefect posted:

There's a daily for infecting people?

Yep, not one you pick up - it's a "hidden" daily but if you infect 3 people you get a token and a canister.

thrakkorzog posted:

I'm pretty sure that if you sell off a piece of gear you like you can still keep the look. But if you overwrite that costume then you lose that outfit. So it's probably in your best interest to hold on to your favorite looking gear.

The costume designer is actually one of my favorite things about this game. Everybody running ops has essentially the same gear, but because everybody plays Barbie Dressup differently, nobody looks the same.

Yeah, that's why it's best to have an alt to send the gear to, and if you're OCD like me, organize it.

You figure there are 5 possible Remnant sets (Underworld, Arkanian, Yavin, Dread Guard and Ressurected) times 8 classes times 7 pieces = 280 pieces. Each cargo bay holds 100 pieces so it takes almost 3 full bays to hold every one of these shells you get, assuming you sell off duplicates.

That's a lot of space.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Beeme posted:

One of my favourite moments was getting approached by a bounty hunter in Nar Shaddaa, resulting in this exchange:

His gun is TORCHY not Sparky sheesh.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

Medullah posted:

His gun is TORCHY not Sparky sheesh.

He has multiple named weapons! He even has Hewie, a named sword that he only mentions a single time. At this point he didn't have Torchy back yet.

Beeme fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Nov 12, 2015

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Yep, not one you pick up - it's a "hidden" daily but if you infect 3 people you get a token and a canister.

Bias against us, the responsible people who get vaccinated! :doom:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

Bias against us, the responsible people who get vaccinated! :doom:

Yeah seems T.H.O.R.N would have a better success rate at containing the virus if they didn't reward people for spreading it.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Yeah seems T.H.O.R.N would have a better success rate at containing the virus if they didn't reward people for spreading it.

No but you see, the threat will be completely contained this time, at around 7:59AM EST next Tuesday. Honest. No chance of it ever coming back again.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

peer posted:

How does this happen? Every romantic dialogue I've seen for either gender is clearly marked with [flirt]

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

So when they sat Nolan North down in the studio to voice the Jedi Consular I have to assume the instructions he received were to never ever emote and to be as boring as possible.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

So are most goons Imperial? I tried to find people by who'ing "goon" yesterday a few times and there were either 1 or 0 Goon Squad people online :v:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yes

Empire has all the coolest classes and stories we can't help it

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Blockhouse posted:

How does this happen? Every romantic dialogue I've seen for either gender is clearly marked with [flirt]

It seems that with a lot of characters daring to flirt once pretty much locks you into a relationship you can't bail on till the proposal at the end.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Yes

To give a more detailed take: It seems to me from what I've seen that the Republic stories are extremely conservative, by the book, no real surprises here storylines. The Empire storylines by contrast give you a lot more control over the nuances of your character's motivations. A Sith Warrior can be anywhere from a wannabe reformist to an ardent patriot who nonetheless minimizes bloodshed to several different shades of more traditional Sith.

Edit: It also helps that the Empire stories are constructed in such a way as to make these varying motivations all, more or less, fit what you're doing.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 12, 2015

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

Yes

Yup. Mostly.

I mean, would you pick from the left or right column for your archetype? (there was no bias whatsoever with these image choices. Nope).

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Blockhouse posted:

It depends on the companion. For SW/Quinn, if you do not pick any of those options, he will make a move at his own initiative at some point and your character would have to actively turn him down (or wait until a certain story point to break it).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If I waited for people to do a [flirt] at me before making a move, I'd be alone and playing an mmo in all my free time or something.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

To give a more detailed take: It seems to me from what I've seen that the Republic stories are extremely conservative, by the book, no real surprises here storylines. The Empire storylines by contrast give you a lot more control over the nuances of your character's motivations. A Sith Warrior can be anywhere from a wannabe reformist to an ardent patriot who nonetheless minimizes bloodshed to several different shades of more traditional Sith.

Edit: It also helps that the Empire stories are constructed in such a way as to make these varying motivations all, more or less, fit what you're doing.

Oh well. I was fine just pretending it was KOTOR 3 but now I need help destroying star fortresses :negative:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Yeah I was flirting with Ensign Temple a few times, then one of the dialogue options referred to me as her husband which took me by surprise

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

Oh well. I was fine just pretending it was KOTOR 3 but now I need help destroying star fortresses :negative:

You can solo those, it's just a little harder. It helps to level a companion up to at least 22 influence or something. Remember to use your heroic moments on the exarch fight. For the room with the two gold mobs, it's very helpful to have a taunt so that they don't gangbang your healer. If you don't have a taunt, then hopefully you at least have a 60 second CC

If you have neither of those then uhhhhh ask for help I guess

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hulk Smash! posted:

Yup. Mostly.

I mean, would you pick from the left or right column for your archetype? (there was no bias whatsoever with these image choices. Nope).

Left, left, neither, left. (But I would pick a James Bond picture over a Han Solo.)

And the left picture in the third row should be Jesse The Body Ventura from Predator.

prefect fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 12, 2015

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah, with the Sith Inquisitor storyline you can be a scholar of ancient lore, out for the best of the Empire. Or a soul-sucking monster who will do whatever is necessary for more temporal power.

From what I've seen of the Consular your options are either Goody-two Shoes or casual mass murderer, but you're still doing the same thing.

Also Juggernaut is better than Guardian because of the knowing chuckle you get whenever you Shatter.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

Left, left, neither, left. (But I would pick a James Bond picture over a Han Solo.)

And the left picture in the third row should be Jesse The Body Ventura from Predator.

That's a cute minigun scene but let's be honest, best minigun scene of all time -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RbL4PwTDsQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

That's a cute minigun scene but let's be honest, best minigun scene of all time -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RbL4PwTDsQ

I dunno, I like the predator one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-EOg38t1o

• Locked thread