Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Jeez, you can quick-save just before pressing the final button that completes a quest, and keep reloading until the 3x or 5x Idiot Savant XP bonus triggers. I've gained multiple levels at once from major quest completions. Sure it feels pretty cheaty, but show me a Fallout 1/2 player who says they haven't save-scummed pickpocket attempts, and I'll show you a liar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Decided to make a house that wasn't just a bed inside a wooden box.

I'm generally really bad at this but I think I'm doing okay so far.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Is there no way to take the actual power armor frame from somebody if you kill them? I can't seem to get in or take the corpse out.

It lets you loot all the parts but I want another full suit of armor to pilot around :v: I guess I don't really need it though

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Mister Adequate posted:

Oh gently caress I had hoped and dreamed for this and I honestly thought I was poo poo out of luck. This Changes Everything.

Also I just met my first Radstorm :iit:

I no poo poo just grabbed one of the items that unlocks new settlement placeables and it unlocked like a dozen new lights for the "high tech" format. Which is a post-modern or sci-fi look depending on the light type so there's a poo poo ton of items you can unlock.

If you want to spoil yourself on what to look for to unlock new settlement items then read the spoiler below.

There is a new magazine that was added in Fallout 4. It's called Picket and Fences. Each issue unlocks a new set of items. There's apparently a lot of them, and people are just now starting to find them. They also blend into some terrain types really easily. If you've been playing for awhile and have cleared out a few dungeons you've probably missed one or two of them. So have fun finding them all. :unsmigghh:

Edit: Ahaha. Just found another one that I missed earlier. It literally unlocked an entire new category under structures. Okay, yeah. There's a poo poo ton of hidden settlement stuff you can dick around with going off of that.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 12, 2015

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

Has anyone else just lost Dogmeat? I took Nick along for one of the main story missions and Dogmeat wandered off somewhere. Everyone keeps saying he shows back up in Sanctuary at the dog houses in the town but it's been over 24 hours and he hasn't shown up at any of them.

When my Dawgmeat disappeared on me, he was hanging out at the Red Rocket gas station you first meet him at, not Sanctuary.

e; ^ Oh poo poo yes. Thank you for this information goon sir!

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I found a Picket Fences magazine that unlocked construction of, you guessed it, picket fences. :v:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Interesting, the dog is just called "Dog" until Mama Murphy tells you his name is Dogmeat, then his name changes in the interface.

Also about Mama Murphy: She gives you hints on the main story quests. Giving her chems disappoints a lot of followers, but she gave me a code phrase to give to the mob boss about to attack Nick Valentine, and using it made him spare us and we got out of there. Interesting.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Dezztroy posted:

I found a Picket Fences magazine that unlocked construction of, you guessed it, picket fences. :v:

That's the Brewery one, right? That was the first one that tipped me off to them existing. If you're questing it's next to impossible to miss it.

You can also unlock new items by doing quests. Seems like at least factional stuff is locked behind it. I noticed I got a minutemen flag by accepting Preston's offer.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 12, 2015

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

This game's console is not fully functional. According to help "laser" 4, the laser gun (laser pistol, I'm assuming) is 000148B48. I input the player.additem, the game tells me Laser Gun added, but my inventory doesn't have it.

:(

EDIT: Maybe this spreadsheet with item ID's will be useful in the OP?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

EDIT 2: Never mind. additem doesn't work.

Protons fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 12, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Archonex posted:

I no poo poo just grabbed one of the items that unlocks new settlement placeables and it unlocked like a dozen new lights for the "high tech" format. Which is a post-modern or sci-fi look depending on the light type so there's a poo poo ton of items you can unlock.

If you want to spoil yourself on what to look for to unlock new settlement items then read the spoiler below.

There is a new magazine that was added in Fallout 4. It's called Picket and Fences. Each issue unlocks a new set of items. There's apparently a lot of them, and people are just now starting to find them. They also blend into some terrain types really easily. If you've been playing for awhile and have cleared out a few dungeons you've probably missed one or two of them. So have fun finding them all. :unsmigghh:

Edit: Ahaha. Just found another one that I missed earlier. It literally unlocked an entire new category under structures. Okay, yeah. There's a poo poo ton of hidden settlement stuff you can dick around with going off of that.

I found one that unlocked some "normal" white fences.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How do I set up trade convoys? I can build shops, but ehhh

Also half the time the console commands choose not to work, and I can't figure out why. Sometimes TCL works, other times, it's just like nope.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I just saw an UFO crash and managed to locate the crash site, but apart from the downed UFO which I can't interact or anything with, there's nothing there?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Just ran into my first radiation storm. Was standing there breaking things down and all of a sudden I hear thunder and start sucking up rads. Took me a minute to realize what was happening. It's such a small thing, but it's super atmospheric. I just know one day I'll be traveling down a road, a rad storm will hit, and a Deathclaw will stroll in from the fog.

Good to hear about books unlocking more stuff. I'm hoping each DLC adds in a bunch more items, too. Looking forward to the day I demolish the secret base equivalent of a jalopy and spruce it up with fancy new parts. It'd be nice if there were walls with radiation protection so I could better seal off the Starlight's toxic pool.

ymgve posted:

I just saw an UFO crash and managed to locate the crash site, but apart from the downed UFO which I can't interact or anything with, there's nothing there?

Follow the green blood.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Any idea why my "local map" would look 'corrupted' on the IOS companion app?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

ChibiSoma posted:

Just ran into my first radiation storm. Was standing there breaking things down and all of a sudden I hear thunder and start sucking up rads. Took me a minute to realize what was happening. It's such a small thing, but it's super atmospheric. I just know one day I'll be traveling down a road, a rad storm will hit, and a Deathclaw will stroll in from the fog.

Good to hear about books unlocking more stuff. I'm hoping each DLC adds in a bunch more items, too. Looking forward to the day I demolish the secret base equivalent of a jalopy and spruce it up with fancy new parts. It'd be nice if there were walls with radiation protection so I could better seal off the Starlight's toxic pool.

Follow the green blood.

Actually, you can get rid of the radiation. To do it scrap the barrels filled with radioactive waste.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

MMD3 posted:

so if you ARE interested in building a settlement, it seems like getting your charisma to 6 to do the trade route perk is pretty helpful right?

~
player.addperk 0004D88D

gently caress 6 points in Charisma for something that should just be a base game mechanic unlocked as you grow settlements large enough.

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005

conversation piece posted:

So uh, how do you do it??? haha

Open up your workshop menu, and look at a settler, you'll get some options for that settler at the bottom: Go, Move, and Supply Line. Go is used to assign them guard towers or trade shops, Move is to assign them to a new settlement, and Supply Line assigns them to that. What I was saying was the easiest way I've found to add a new settlement to my supply line route is to select an extra settler at an existing base, Move them to a new base, and while the are still standing in front of you assign them to a supply line.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Get those medium and long scopes. There's nothing as satisfying as taking out a raider stronghold, replete with power-armored raider, from a safe distance across a river where they'll never find you. My character feels like a badass biker goddess of lead rain and destruction.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Khanstant posted:

~
player.addperk 0004D88D

gently caress 6 points in Charisma for something that should just be a base game mechanic unlocked as you grow settlements large enough.

this and adding 100 more carry weight are the only things i've cheated myself so far. that perk is some dumb bullshit

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Also, loving lol, I'm only level 10 and put two perks into Sneak with 9 AGI, and now when I'm in a dim apartment hallway, even if a Raider Psycho is already in "Caution" mode and actively searching for me, as long as I stay ducking and don't move he'll actually bump into me and *push me out of the way* to continue his diligent search.

At the very least, he does spot me if I turn the Pipboy flashlight on in his face.

Noyemi K posted:

Get those medium and long scopes. There's nothing as satisfying as taking out a raider stronghold, replete with power-armored raider, from a safe distance across a river where they'll never find you. My character feels like a badass biker goddess of lead rain and destruction.

I'm able to take out things from super far with just a short scope, just hold your breath and line up to the right pixel. On a PC, turning up the draw distance to max is good for that stuff.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 12, 2015

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

Hot Jam posted:

Open up your workshop menu, and look at a settler, you'll get some options for that settler at the bottom: Go, Move, and Supply Line. Go is used to assign them guard towers or trade shops, Move is to assign them to a new settlement, and Supply Line assigns them to that. What I was saying was the easiest way I've found to add a new settlement to my supply line route is to select an extra settler at an existing base, Move them to a new base, and while the are still standing in front of you assign them to a supply line.

oh my god this is going to be miserable

Edit, so what's the best way to do this now, it has to be a complete loop right? Ugh

So a good starting route would be:
Sanctuary -> Red Rocket -> Abernathy (you'd think worthless but lots of food here) -> Sunshide Tidings -> Grey Garden -> Starlight -> Outpost Zimonjia -> Tenpines -> Sanctuary

I found a map and used MSPaint to highlight my plans. Red are my initial plans, yellow is what i'll do next, and after that I'll do blue. I think I'll be ready for the castle after this.

Map: (warning spoilers)

conversation piece fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 12, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's actually not, just connect them all to sanctuary and dump all your poo poo there.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

if a modder manages to create a working RTS-style camera for settlement construction and management i will be very happy (and extremely impressed)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm stuck in the Polymer labs. I found the 4 samples and identified them and it says something hydrate left and gold right, but when I put those two in and try to combine them (or whatever it's) doing nothing happens. What am I doing wrong here?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

NESguerilla posted:

I'm stuck in the Polymer labs. I found the 4 samples and identified them and it says something hydrate left and gold right, but when I put those two in and try to combine them (or whatever it's) doing nothing happens. What am I doing wrong here?

You need a catalyst as well, it should be somewhere in the main lab.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Zero VGS posted:

I'm able to take out things from super far with just a short scope, just hold your breath and line up to the right pixel. On a PC, turning up the draw distance to max is good for that stuff.

In my experience the spread is too high for me to do that successfully, or at least with my pipe snippy snipe (the one with the short scope). The medium and long scope mods improve accuracy and for as far as you can see, you generally get no spread.

Funy story, in fallout NV the spread was very predictable on a weapon you couldn't entirely control, so I knew the different sweet spots for landing pixel-perfect longshots with the Anti-Materiel rifle. I never had to use a different gun and boone sorta became obsolete besides for his spotter perk.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

Protons posted:

Additem worked for me earlier when I needed one aluminum for a mod and I got hosed by the "not breaking down things" bug bit me. Are you adding a number afterwards?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
You can add a jet pack to power armor :stare: requires rank 4 armorer

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

You need a catalyst as well, it should be somewhere in the main lab.

Oh ok thanks. Is that just another canister like the 4 I've already found?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

NESguerilla posted:

Oh ok thanks. Is that just another canister like the 4 I've already found?

It's a smaller, white capsule iirc.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

NESguerilla posted:

You ALSO need a radioactive isotope. Being guarded by a regenerating Glowing One boss swimming in the reactor. Have fun!

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Mister Adequate posted:

When my Dawgmeat disappeared on me, he was hanging out at the Red Rocket gas station you first meet him at, not Sanctuary.

e; ^ Oh poo poo yes. Thank you for this information goon sir!

He showed up for me when I put down a dog house. Also settlement stuff breaks the game in half, I've made Sanctuary a water/glue production factory that gives me hundreds of purified water a day and has made adhesive not an issue for me. Rank 1 of science unlocks a industrial water purifier that is absolutely insane.

Edit:
Also this submachine gun is insane, if an ammo guzzler

Zeron fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 12, 2015

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Archonex posted:

Actually, you can get rid of the radiation. To do it scrap the barrels filled with radioactive waste.

:aaaaa:

Mind blown. I can build the cooler-looking water supply now! :dance:

Also had my mind blown earlier when I read that using your critical hit always resulted in a 100% accurate shot. That actually true? If so, that Hardened Sniper Rifle is going to get some serious play when dangerous things show up.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

titties posted:

they broadcast a message which says to come to the place and live in it

I hope that one of the building upgrades includes a terminal-controlled door to keep NPCs out of my loving house

There are a lot of options for switches that pulse power at an interval you set through a terminal. I don't know what they are for but if they have a system that requires complicated power cycling for something then they can at least let me lock my god drat door somehow.

I guess this is why most people use the Red Rocket garage, although there is still a doorway in there with an unplaceable door.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Protons posted:

This game's console is not fully functional. According to help "laser" 4, the laser gun (laser pistol, I'm assuming) is 000148B48. I input the player.additem, the game tells me Laser Gun added, but my inventory doesn't have it.

:(

EDIT: Maybe this spreadsheet with item ID's will be useful in the OP?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Works for me. I've used it for caps, materials, and ammo at least.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
How do you get your settlement to create glue?

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
On the cooking station you can create Vegetable Starch, which breaks down into 5 adhesive. It requires Mutfruit, Corn, Tato, and Purified Water which you can all produce at your settlement.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So to double check: Does the game, in fact, not leave behind materials from Junk you put into a settlement storage?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Gridlocked posted:

So to double check: Does the game, in fact, not leave behind materials from Junk you put into a settlement storage?

afaik it should but the UI or something is bugged so it doesn't show up until later or something. it's unclear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Oh jeeze, finding a "crippling" laser musket and beefing it up and adding a scope has made this loving thing into a beast. Nobody is leaving my sight without at least losing a limb or two. Also recently found an actual actually rifle, very powerful and very customizable.

• Locked thread