Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

nintendo65 posted:

Anyone who is saying this game is bad or lazy can suck a gently caress this game is rad.

It really is, I think we can safely say...

:siren: BETHESDA HAS FINALLY DONE IT! BETHESDA HAS MADE A GOOD GAME! :siren:

I will loving die of pure joy if Obsidian actually gets on board to do a follow-up using this groundwork, what we have already is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I really wanted to have a legit playthrough but after walking for 10 minutes or so to get a minigun to a safehouse and being encumbered I decided it wasn't worth the aggravation of "dropping items", fast traveling "selling", going back and picking up more items or whatever.

player.modav carryweight X to increase your carry weight and you will be glad you did (player.modav carryweight 100 will add 100 and if you do -100 it will remove 100 putting it back to the base stat. I just added 500 because I can't spend half my time slowly walking for no reason and my immersion. inventory management is never a fun secondary part of an RPG and even though there are perks that fix it, it just isn't worth waiting that long. you have like no inventory space at the beginning and I spend more time crawling back to red rocket and throwing everything in a cabinet.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Oh no, there's a bug where your carry weight decreases each time you get in and out of your power armor. :suicide:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You bitch, I tried like 20 times and it never works.

I wonder if it's tied to Luck because my Luck is about 7 or 8.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Lol theres a killable kids mod up on the nexus already.

Also those playing legendary, it is worth it or is everything just annoying bullet sponges.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

How Much Art posted:

So when you go to your other settlements, you open the workshop inventory and all the stuff is there?

Yup, as soon as the first settler walks in, rather than farm he immediately heads to the main town to set up the supply chain, then I make a bunch of resources and defenses, then leave so that it has time to grow.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

That's what I do already. It'd be nice to just scrap things beforehand though while out in the wilderness to know just how much scrap you actually have.

But why are people doing the drop junk thing?

Because apparently junk that can source more than one resource on crafting somehow removes the other resources from the item and is gone forever as it doesn't put the remainder back into your pool.

i.e. You craft something and it uses let's say a toy car. The item you're crafting needs aluminum which the toy car has, but the car also has screws. When you craft that item, the aluminum is used but the screws get dumped.

Someone mentioned it in this thread within the last few pages.

Putting it on the ground and scrapping it in workshop mode gives you all the resources the junk offers and puts it into your resource pool.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
How far into the game do you need to go until you get another companion besides Dogmeat? I've traveled half way to Diamond City and helped the Brotherhood at the police station on the way. I've been kind of going for a direct route, but I'm wondering if I should turn off.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Sharrow posted:

Jobchat: is there a limit to the number of crops a single person can work? I've got a handful of things in my garden that won't let me assign them to my farmer dude, and he won't self-assign either. (Alternatively, can crops die or something?)

There's a limit per farmer, yes. The game tells you it's 6 crops. Or maybe 6 food, I wasn't really paying attention.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

Hot Jam posted:

Yea they dont tell you it exists or how to do it.

So uh, how do you do it??? haha

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Parasara posted:

Is there any way to look at something and figure out where my companions are at? I have 3 of them, 1 of them is with me, and the other 2 are not in Sanctuary where I dropped them off

Some companions are vital to some quests so like to hang out at certain check points in those quests

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

How far into the game do you need to go until you get another companion besides Dogmeat? I've traveled half way to Diamond City and helped the Brotherhood at the police station on the way. I've been kind of going for a direct route, but I'm wondering if I should turn off.

You already should have access to at least two other companions. (Your robot butler and the Minuteman guy.)

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

ImpAtom posted:

You already should have access to at least two other companions. (Your robot butler and the Minuteman guy.)

Oh, I forgot the butler, and I didn't realize the Minuteman guy was a recruit! Gotta go back to Sanctuary, I guess!

EDIT: Also, anyone else experiencing occasional choppiness with Nvidia cards? Apparently Godrays are the cause?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

It really is, I think we can safely say...

:siren: BETHESDA HAS FINALLY DONE IT! BETHESDA HAS MADE A GOOD GAME! :siren:

This must be why this game is so hyped up and selling better than the bible. Because bethesda has never made a good game. Check mark makes sense

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

PunkBoy posted:

There's not too many until you reach Diamond City, but that's where they really start to show up. As mentioned, you should already be able to recruit Codsworth(the robot butler) and the Minuteman guy.

Edit: I should refresh more often before posting.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Where's it say this? YES I KNOW this is a ludicrous thing to be concerned about.

It's an option you can select when you're talking to Paladin Danse.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Is anybody considering make a mod that makes the minute men truly minute men as in thy have small penises and cum too fast

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Because apparently junk that can source more than one resource on crafting somehow removes the other resources from the item and is gone forever as it doesn't put the remainder back into your pool.

i.e. You craft something and it uses let's say a toy car. The item you're crafting needs aluminum which the toy car has, but the car also has screws. When you craft that item, the aluminum is used but the screws get dumped.

Putting it on the ground and scrapping it in workshop mode gives you all the resources the junk offers and puts it into your resource pool.

Thanks for that.

It's bizarre how unintuitive and :psyduck: this game can be, even by Bethesda's standards. It's even more damning in today's digital distribution age where relying on a printed instruction manual isn't common place anymore.

Kinger
Sep 30, 2003

I'm sick of my head doing things.

ethanol posted:

Is anybody considering make a mod that makes the minute men truly minute men as in thy have small penises and cum too fast

After seeing that photorealistic horse vaginas mod for Skyrim I am convinced that mods exist for every possibility.

So yes, I'm sure someone out there is considering it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Thumbtacks posted:

How are you getting decent shots of your character from different angles? Whenever I try that it zooms in really close and I can't do it with weapons out.

Console commands. Go to third person, then open the console and:

tfc 1 This lets you move the camera around
sucsm # Changes camera move speed, by default it's loving fast, I like 3
tm to hide the hud
fov ## to zoom in or out, can cause problems so if things gently caress up try throwing it back to 80-90

Then take all the screenshots you want :) When you're done, hit tm to get the hud back, tfc to put the camera back on you, and fov to whatever you like.

:c00l:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Skeezy posted:

Is that haircut even in the game proper or is this a mod or what?

Your Computer posted:

Where did you get that hairstyle? :aaa:

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How did you get that haircut??

Hit up the barber in Diamond City. Pretty sure it's there by default. Or maybe I picked up a hairstyle magazine and forgot about it, I dunno.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Gridlocked posted:

So is anyone else finding they went into the game going "I'm going to do X Y and Z" and found they are kinda doing whatever it takes to survive regardless of their original plans? I went in wanting to be all lasers all the time but I'm finding I'm pulling out the scavenged combat shotgun or the customized .38 pipe hand gun just as often as my laser rifle.

Yes, I do not have enough caps or ammo so I have to keep rotating which gun on use depending on what enemies drop. I went automatic weapons but I kinda wish I went non-automatic rifles. I'm debating getting fortune finder or scrounger but I'm getting along okay.

On the plus side, I have to keep using different weapons whereas in fo3 and NV I would just use 2 or 3 for the entire game.

Minesweep
Oct 6, 2010

i tried to make barnacle jim

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Can't you paint it?

you can paint things??

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Is this confirmed anywhere?

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

8-bit Miniboss posted:

If there's a bug, it's more subtle than that. I had some junk that had both plastic and screws stored in the workshop, used up all the plastic, and had the same number of screws available afterward.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Just got me a legendary piece of wood

It's maaaagic

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So for everyone bitching about the options available for making settlements, here's a thing:

There are ways to unlock more items you can place in settlements. Lots more. What you have at the start is just the junk town options. You can get higher tech placeables going off of what i've unlocked so far.

And it is a scavenger hunt that isn't guided by a quest or anything else. Good luck bashing your head in unlocking them all. This poo poo is going to make me get OCD about finding new knickknacks and utility items to add in. :stonk:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Nov 12, 2015

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Where do you get those and the bandanna for Dogmeat?

They're both on the second floor of a bombed out house in Concord.

Minesweep posted:

i tried to make barnacle jim

It's uncanny. Is there a way people can save their character faces for export? I'd love to play as a Richard 'Lowtax' Kyanka at some point. He'd be bad and gay.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Roobanguy posted:

you can paint things??

You can paint the metal armor pieces. Might be unique for that type though, I don't know.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

This game is driving me insane with these magazines. I heard from my friend that there is a copy of the stealth magazine in Lexington but that place is really confusing so he couldn't really describe to me where. Cue me wandering up and down that cursed city for nigh on an hour looking for the drat thing. Still haven't found it, but I did find that I barely explored this place my first time through, there's hidden poo poo everywhere here.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Tamayachi posted:

Just got me a legendary piece of wood

It's maaaagic

:laffo: That's amazing. Imagine all the legends and stories raiders must have about that poo poo.

Archonex posted:

So for everyone bitching about the options available for making settlements, here's a thing:

There are ways to unlock more items you can place in settlements. Lots more. What you have at the start is just the junk town options. And it is a scavenger hunt that isn't guided by a quest or anything else. Good luck bashing your head in unlocking them all. This poo poo is going to make me get OCD about finding new knickknacks and utility items to add in. :stonk:

Oh gently caress I had hoped and dreamed for this and I honestly thought I was poo poo out of luck. This Changes Everything.

Also I just met my first Radstorm :iit:

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
Has anyone else just lost Dogmeat? I took Nick along for one of the main story missions and Dogmeat wandered off somewhere. Everyone keeps saying he shows back up in Sanctuary at the dog houses in the town but it's been over 24 hours and he hasn't shown up at any of them.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

Has anyone else just lost Dogmeat? I took Nick along for one of the main story missions and Dogmeat wandered off somewhere. Everyone keeps saying he shows back up in Sanctuary at the dog houses in the town but it's been over 24 hours and he hasn't shown up at any of them.

Maybe you should put up a few "Have You Seen My Dog?" posters around the wasteland

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I read that it is possible to take to the skies to build your settlement ala noclip.

Was that wrong or if I want to build a tower, I have to climb floor by floor like a chump?

Also, Sanctuary is really broken down and I'm pretty upset I can't tear down buildings to rebuild them. Is there a way to replace the walls and roof and poo poo?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The way to get cait to like you is to ruthlessly extort people and use a bunch of drugs in battle. I like this girl.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are the companions you're forced to take for quests counted towards lone wanderer? Because I hate companions (aside from the dog) and don't want to lose the insane bonuses that perk gives you.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

I would love to lose Dogmeat if it means he no longer blocks me going through a door.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Have you tried:

1) Open the console
2) help dogmeat
3) player.placeatme (Insert refid# from above here)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So I got the first floor to work with the walls, but if I put some stairs in the house, it fucks up the wall creation, and there's a huge gap. How do I get that to work?

• Locked thread