Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

kcroy posted:

MOOD: FRIENDZONED

EDIT: It's like you can see the exact moment he decided to kill the Hound

Don't stop I'm almost there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Last episode of Z Nation was amazing:

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Hammerstein posted:

Last episode of Z Nation was amazing:

There's actual finished, published ASOIAF books in front of him though, when it should be an old rear end PC, a buncha lovely, damaged tie-in merch, and a OG Khalessi Tamzin Merchant fleshlight

PlantHead
Jan 2, 2004
what does it say on the cover of those books...something Spring?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

PlantHead posted:

what does it say on the cover of those books...something Spring?

Looks to me like "(A) Promise of Spring".

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Someone post a weird rear end theory about this series I'll take anything. Theon's dick is the prince who was promised. They're going to wrap a bandana around it like jebidiah springfield's silver tongue and like a little floppy cowboy it will sit the iron throne in a diorama and rule for a thousand years.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Krinkle posted:

Someone post a weird rear end theory about this series I'll take anything. Theon's dick is the prince who was promised. They're going to wrap a bandana around it like jebidiah springfield's silver tongue and like a little floppy cowboy it will sit the iron throne in a diorama and rule for a thousand years.

Sandor Clegane will be completely healed by the seven and become the new Pope after it's found that the high sparrow was getting high with young boys in shady inns with kristal myth.

He will be a benign force of moral guidance and pardon everyone from Cersei to Tyrion and his own zombie brother leading to peace in westeros and a bloody war with the slavers to the east. His queen, Brienne of Tarth will lose her mind, haunted by prophecies and warn him about an encounter with a mummer at the performance Our Stark Cousin.

Arya will jump down from the balcony screaming sic semper Targs and the rest is history.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Krinkle posted:

Nimble Dick was a secret Targ, RIP Nimble Dick.

PlantHead
Jan 2, 2004
Mormont's Raven is a Blackfyr.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
grrm named a character dick crabs

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

PlantHead posted:

Mormont's Raven is a Blackfyr.

Targaryen bastard but not a Blackfyre. Different branch of the same tree.

These dumb books.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Nov 6, 2015

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

That's the stuff. That's what I need. That preston jacobs itch. Yessssss.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Ahahahaha

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

excuse me, but it's nimble dick "crab". singular. only one. presumably because his genitals are so toxic they can't support a larger dick crab population.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Dickon Manwoody

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Krinkle posted:

That's the stuff. That's what I need. That preston jacobs itch. Yessssss.

Speaking of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTh2ZwmdVeI

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
If he would have just talked about his theory rather than going on and on about boring make believe genetics bullshit he pretty much fabricated whole cloth it might have been more interesting.

What I got from this video is that he thinks that fAegon is not even blackfyre bastard but possibly some other Targ offspring from way down the line whom Illyrio and Varys use to trick the Golden Company into thinking he's a blackfyre just like they trick Jon Con into thinking he's Rhaegar's son and that they're gonna pull off a few more of these sort of deceptions along the way to enlist the support of various houses across westeros who have historical reasons to support certain Targs whom fAegon is gonna pose as being a descendant of. And that Dany was important to Varys/Illyrio's plans as she's the only remaining 'dragon hatcher' in the entire world and that her hatching the dragons was integral to their schemes.

I kinda like the idea that fAegon is just a complete fraud but why would Varys and Illyrio ship Dany off with the Dothraki (where she came very close to dying several times) if they ever gave a poo poo about her. It's all very meh.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
So Preston thinks that fAegon is really ffAegon?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Well he's still just fAegon, technically.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

So is it out yet

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1692209&userid=26570#post303477191

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1692209&pagenumber=19&perpage=40#post304825698
[/quote]

Made my first GRRM posts ten years ago

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

savinhill posted:

There's actual finished, published ASOIAF books in front of him though, when it should be an old rear end PC, a buncha lovely, damaged tie-in merch, and a OG Khalessi Tamzin Merchant fleshlight

I know that the first page is supposed to be blank, but I'm guessing all the other pages are blank too. which is about the only way that book would ever get "published".

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
"All right George what if we literally put a blank copy of the book in front of you and all you have to do is write words until it's full?"
"No?"

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I want to catch gurm's expression showing him preston jacobs like someone caught the lord of the rings guys' reaction handing them a photoshop of them being romantic together all naked and airbrushed hobbit abs.
They seemed to take it in good humor I think george would just scrunch up his face in puzzlement and say "mendelian dragon genetics? did I do that?"

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Krinkle posted:

I want to catch gurm's expression showing him preston jacobs like someone caught the lord of the rings guys' reaction handing them a photoshop of them being romantic together all naked and airbrushed hobbit abs.
They seemed to take it in good humor I think george would just scrunch up his face in puzzlement and say "mendelian dragon genetics? did I do that?"

I'd love it if Grrm's alpha nerd tendencies kicked in and he got all pissy and made a bunch of Preston Jacobs debunking vids.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

And title them Winds of Winter for good measure.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
GEORGE R R MARTIN'S boring rants on youtube©

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
The Winds of Winter will be an audiobook exclusive, and consist of 192 unabridged hours of GURMs flatulence.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

ZShakespeare posted:

The Winds of Winter will be an audiobook exclusive, and consist of 192 unabridged hours of GURMs flatulence.

I don't think he can just sell Dance with Dragons as a new book like that.

On the other hand, words are wind.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So I wasn't aware that Max von Sydow was playing Brynden in the new season. That's pretty awesome. Gonna train Bran in the Dark Side of things so he can become the new Night King once this one is defeated!

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Solice Kirsk posted:

So I wasn't aware that Max von Sydow was playing Brynden in the new season. That's pretty awesome. Gonna train Bran in the Dark Side of things so he can become the new Night King once this one is defeated!

Well, seeing as how Bran will be a tree, he's gonna be trained to appear in Sam Raimi Evil Dead movies.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
is it out yet

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I don't really get the whole "Bran is a tree"-thing since it's obvious he's just being trained by a lich in using magical CCTV trees to look through time and space. Not the same thing as being a tree.

Also my uncle works at Nintendo and he told me GRRM will finish the next book in april of 2016 but die in a freak lemon cake accident soon after.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

I don't really get the whole "Bran is a tree"-thing since it's obvious he's just being trained by a lich in using magical CCTV trees to look through time and space. Not the same thing as being a tree.

I think it's because Bloodraven has become a tree, so people assume that similar things will happen to Bran. It's a good metaphor for losing your humanity too, becoming a tree.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's a pretty good metaphor for the series, becoming a tree. Becoming something so ossified, dull, and slow-growing it loses all appeal

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

It's a pretty good metaphor for the series, becoming a tree. Becoming something so ossified, dull, and slow-growing it loses all appeal

On the other hand, trees become books so it's actually a bad metaphor for the series.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Pretty sure bran is going to become a tree. I mean he'll spend a hundo years and change outside the tree, just jacked into the tree, eventually he'll get bored having a tree root catheter dealing with his stupid meat body and go into the tree for good. Bloodraven is so ready to give up the bark catheter and become a skeleton and also a tree.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Bran is 100% becoming a tree, not only did Bloodraven become a tree, not only is the process of becoming a greenseer involved in literally merging your mind and body with a tree but when he explores the caves through Hodor he also winds up at a room where there are corpses and skeletons of children of the forest who've been consumed\merged into the trees.

On top of all of that, merging into a collective consciousness by way of getting consumed by an organism is literally the plot of GRRM's "A Song for Lya" where the titular Lya (actually called Lyanna, the other main character is called Robb) is a powerful telepath who willingly allows herself to be consumed by this fungal thing called a 'Greeshka' so that her consciousness may be absorbed into some alien hive mind. Yes, GRRM repeats himself with some of these story elements.

Edit: also this seems to suggest that Bran would wind up as this disembodied consciousness/"head on a stick" guarding the realms of men from an invasion of the others, or something like that, so yeah, he's gonna become a tree: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Br%C3%A2n_the_Blessed

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Nov 12, 2015

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Should I read that story or will I go crazy like preston jacobs?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Krinkle posted:

Should I read that story or will I go crazy like preston jacobs?

It's good.

I read "A song for Lya", "And a seven times never kill men" and "The way of cross and dragon"; all of which are decent (and short) reads on their own while containing some interesting possible connections to ASOIAF.

"And a seven times" is probably the one with the most interesting parallels to the history of westeros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Grendels Dad posted:

On the other hand, trees become books so it's actually a bad metaphor for the series.

Ah, but someone (Sanderson, King, Rothfuss? ) will take seasons 6-7 and write a pointless, meandering novelization of them, thus coming back around to being a perfect metaphor for the series.