Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

What, do players in other countries have some huge boner for Magnus that you don't find in US players?
Smaller pool means that a non-magnus game might be harder to find, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Smaller population

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Snatch Duster posted:

DiSC communication profile assessment.

Your posting on the exploiting the loot treadmill is just as insufferable as actually playing with you. The devs are going to be releasing a new tier of gear in less than a month. There's no way you can argue all the time spent grinding (which is excruciatingly boring) was worth it when you could have just been playing the game. Sure, it's a challenge to play on cataclysm even with the best gear, but it's also a challenge to carry less equipped, less "skilled" players on lower difficulties while equipped with imperfect gear.

You're delusional. You're too far gone down your sunk cost fallacy to recognize why people don't agree with your decisions to exploit the game over playing it as intended.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.
Trip report on the question about the Hagsbane from earlier in the thread before red text guy threadshit for a few pages. Took a green Hagsbane into hard wizard toward while running a low level goon around. Seems to two-shot clan rats, fucks up non-armored rats and has double the blast radius it used to. If Blue/Orange 1 or 2 shot clusters at a time on Nightmare, it might be decent now. Gassing pubbies in bad nightmare groups is optional.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Video Games 0150 posted:

Your posting on the exploiting the loot treadmill is just as insufferable as actually playing with you. The devs are going to be releasing a new tier of gear in less than a month. There's no way you can argue all the time spent grinding (which is excruciatingly boring) was worth it when you could have just been playing the game. Sure, it's a challenge to play on cataclysm even with the best gear, but it's also a challenge to carry less equipped, less "skilled" players on lower difficulties while equipped with imperfect gear.

You're delusional. You're too far gone down your sunk cost fallacy to recognize why people don't agree with your decisions to exploit the game over playing it as intended.

I don't ever recall playing with you and i haven't played the game in two weeks lol

But ok sure.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Nebiros posted:

Trip report on the question about the Hagsbane from earlier in the thread before red text guy threadshit for a few pages. Took a green Hagsbane into hard wizard toward while running a low level goon around. Seems to two-shot clan rats, fucks up non-armored rats and has double the blast radius it used to. If Blue/Orange 1 or 2 shot clusters at a time on Nightmare, it might be decent now. Gassing pubbies in bad nightmare groups is optional.

I got an orange hagbane so this pleases me

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011
Vermintide gameplay video, elf stealing all the kills again.

Despite all the technical problems, that's the scene I'm reminded of when the going gets good in this game.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Is it just me or did they significantly increase the spawn rate of special rats? I've noticed way more of them when I played this morning.

There were also far less games in the browser today, but I managed to connect to games quicker, before the patch I couldn't join a ton of servers.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

I kept getting double spawns of specials yesterday during Garden of Morr. Two Gutter Runners, two Ratling Gunners, two Packmasters, it was tough.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Two freaking rogers on supply and demand, I don't think that it spawned two before the patch

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Mystery Opponent posted:

Two freaking rogers on supply and demand, I don't think that it spawned two before the patch
It certainly did.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Just had a look at the patch notes and it seems like the bots will still be super-reluctant to pick up tomes. I've never seen them pick up a Grimoire.

Is there any way to persuade them to grab them? The only time I've managed to get them to take a Tome is if they didn't have a health kit in their inventory at the time, it seems like they'll never actually swap out for one.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Mystery Opponent posted:

I've never seen two rat ogres at the same time if that's what you're saying, but on nightmare Supply and Demand I've had the misfortune of fighting three in total.

It seems like there's pre-determined sections where they could spawn that are not affected by each other.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Nov 12, 2015

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Jesus loving Christ, red text guy is worse than Irish Joe.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Don't rag on people who refuse to play the game properly now but insist everyone wastes their time doing a lot of pointless busywork so they can play the exact same game later, but with fancier looking gear.

They're just remaining true to the Games Workshop spirit. Now gently caress off until you've put some flock on that 200 ratmen unit, we have standards here.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Snatch Duster posted:

I haven't done the research, so I'llc have to disagree with you.

P sure the goons are upset because of my Straight D communication style. I would wager that many of them are S/I or S/C styled, which makes sense.

Keep fighting the good fight Snatch. There's no safe space for these goons to avoid a mouth and earful of your hard straight D. Salut.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Also are people really going to unironically say "cata" instead of "cataclysm" but still type out the whole word "nightmare"?

Why don't we just call the difficulties:

Fake difficulty 1
Fake difficulty 2
Fake difficulty 3
Fake difficulty 4
Cataclysm, the one true difficulty

We can abbreviate these as FD1, FD2, FD3, FD4, and CTOTD

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I wish I could be hard as gently caress and cool enough to play cata ctotd

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Look how cool I can be by insulting people who play different difficulties, loving plebs.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Kitchner posted:

Also are people really going to unironically say "cata" instead of "cataclysm" but still type out the whole word "nightmare"?

Why don't we just call the difficulties:

Fake difficulty 1
Fake difficulty 2
Fake difficulty 3
Fake difficulty 4
Cataclysm, the one true difficulty

We can abbreviate these as FD1, FD2, FD3, FD4, and CTOTD

I would so I could make catamite puns but unlike being snatch duster and deriving your fun from cranking the difficulty so high you have to cheat to crutch your way through on loot and then making GBS threads on anyone who actually plays because they enjoy the game there's nothing shameful about being a catamite.

Last bit on the topic of him: I wonder when he'll catch on that every single other person who got the "you're doing it wrong" treatment because they weren't having fun. I'm betting that'll be about when he realizes a personality test isn't an excuse for being a straight (up) D(ick).

Finally anyone who needs loot should be ashamed, cataclysm with whites from level 0 is how the devs intended it to be played, as we can tell by the existence of cataclysm and the way the End Times officially went.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

xthetenth posted:

Finally anyone who needs loot should be ashamed, cataclysm with whites from level 0 is how the devs intended it to be played, as we can tell by the existence of cataclysm and the way the End Times officially went.

True, the time where we are all slaughtered in the guard house of Horn of Magnus is exactly the canon result intended by Games Workshop.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
I tried to take a friend through Horn on Normal today to basically explain game mechanics to him while we played because it was one of his first times. Everything was going fine until I walk out the exit door to the guard house, which has a ratling gunner waiting right next to it who promptly launches me away. Friend and the bots run out to save me from the ratling gunner, right as a rat ogre lands on top of the doorway exit, and to top it all off a globadier then starts lobbing gas grenades at the whole group. Probably the single most fun run I've had just because of how stupidly funny it was, and the skaven win the end times anyway so im pretty sure us failing is just how it's meant to go

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Grognan posted:

Can't find people to play hard games that aren't the horn.

I just did all the games on nightmare :yayclod: I don't get why people do only horn especially now that their little exploits are fixed.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Metos posted:

It certainly did.

:negative:

I can't even begin to tell you how many wipes that second rogre causes.

Zephro posted:

Is there any way to persuade them to grab them? The only time I've managed to get them to take a Tome is if they didn't have a health kit in their inventory at the time, it seems like they'll never actually swap out for one.
Sadly this is the only way.

Fans posted:

They're just remaining true to the Games Workshop spirit. Now gently caress off until you've put some flock on that 200 ratmen unit, we have standards here.

Lol I would just field empty base stands for my clanrats Or goblins and say they were slaves.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Cataclysm is so punishing it's un-fun and stressful to me, especially with how incredibly judgemental everyone gets, and I don't really have the stupid-good gear that I feel like you need for that difficulty.

Nightmare is in a weird place where the average pub group can handle Horn, Ramparts, or Smuggler's Run pretty easily, but they usually fall apart on anything else. (I can't count the number of times my group has almost finished Waterfront only to die at the absolute last minute.) Plus finding a group for anything other than those maps is an exercise in frustration.

Hard is nice and relaxing, but too easy.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

willus posted:

I tried to take a friend through Horn on Normal today to basically explain game mechanics to him while we played because it was one of his first times. Everything was going fine until I walk out the exit door to the guard house, which has a ratling gunner waiting right next to it who promptly launches me away. Friend and the bots run out to save me from the ratling gunner, right as a rat ogre lands on top of the doorway exit, and to top it all off a globadier then starts lobbing gas grenades at the whole group. Probably the single most fun run I've had just because of how stupidly funny it was, and the skaven win the end times anyway so im pretty sure us failing is just how it's meant to go

Sounds like a pretty representative introduction to the game to be honest.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Smoothrich posted:

Keep fighting the good fight Snatch. There's no safe space for these goons to avoid a mouth and earful of your hard straight D. Salut.

I thought you were permabanned lol

If only these try hard wannabe babbys even knew right.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Straight D'ed again!

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Backhand posted:

Cataclysm is so punishing it's un-fun and stressful to me, especially with how incredibly judgemental everyone gets, and I don't really have the stupid-good gear that I feel like you need for that difficulty.

Nightmare is in a weird place where the average pub group can handle Horn, Ramparts, or Smuggler's Run pretty easily, but they usually fall apart on anything else. (I can't count the number of times my group has almost finished Waterfront only to die at the absolute last minute.) Plus finding a group for anything other than those maps is an exercise in frustration.

Hard is nice and relaxing, but too easy.

I get what you are saying. Waterfront is p easy once you realize that 3 people not aggroing the rat ogre needs to clean up slave/clan rats and then focus the tank. In my experience most groups wipe not to the specials themselves, but to the slave rats that are taking 2nd priority to any special. Reflex back on those wipes, most of the time it isn't a packmaster, two assassins and one commander, its usually one or two of those but everyone stops killing slave rats to try and kill the special rat. Then all the slave rats pile on your team and you all die.

Don't focus the specials early, unless you have zero slave rats on you or have clear shot for the kill. The specials aren't going any where and most of the time, specially with the rat ogre, it is fairly easy not to take damage from them.

hth

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Not only does he not have the time to spell out the word "cataclysm" but he also doesn't have time to spell the word "pretty".

Maybe he's onto something, and we should all just use the first letters of words to communicate?

Hey Snatch Duster, y a c, g f y

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kitchner posted:

Not only does he not have the time to spell out the word "cataclysm" but he also doesn't have time to spell the word "pretty".

Maybe he's onto something, and we should all just use the first letters of words to communicate?

Hey Snatch Duster, y a c, g f y

oval office? cad? chode? chick? cuck?

your logic falls apart, p good attempt though

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

So what's got you feeling so inadequate that you're smugging it up about a video game anyway? Is it that the best thing you have to boost your self esteem is playing a video game on hard, and to do even that you needed to burn a bunch of time grinding up a big enough crutch?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I dunno, it's p cool that this thread has its own Taint Reaper.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
I suggest you all just ignore him and if you can't do that willingly then add him to your ignore list so the thread stops being all about him (which is what he wants, fyi)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Took a spin on the newly revised Wheat and Chaff to run it with some pubs. Brought along my "body shot-one shot" handgun.

:prepop:

Let's just say it was a lot easier this time.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

xthetenth posted:

So what's got you feeling so inadequate that you're smugging it up about a video game anyway? Is it that the best thing you have to boost your self esteem is playing a video game on hard, and to do even that you needed to burn a bunch of time grinding up a big enough crutch?

According to one of his bans, he makes fat people look skinny.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It feels like they either "fixed" or horribly broke the spawn mechanics. Several games in a row on hard Horn (only playing hard because no games found in nightmare/cata), had rogres spawning at the first tome. Every. Single. Time. It's a horrible spot to fight one.

Also had way more Stormvermin and Packmasters showing up in pairs/triples during the finale segment than I'm used to, even in Nightmare.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

sushibandit posted:

It feels like they either "fixed" or horribly broke the spawn mechanics. Several games in a row on hard Horn (only playing hard because no games found in nightmare/cata), had rogres spawning at the first tome. Every. Single. Time. It's a horrible spot to fight one.

Also had way more Stormvermin and Packmasters showing up in pairs/triples during the finale segment than I'm used to, even in Nightmare.

We had stuff like this happening in the week or so before and after release, with junk like 2x Packmaster and 2x Gutter Runner showing up to arbitrarily end runs. People stopped complaining about it abruptly about a week and change after release, with no patch or anything. I've got a sneaking suspicion that the spawn variance is a lot higher than we realize, and as a result it's possible for a run of chance to make a real impression on someone even though nothing has changed.

Or maybe they screwed with stuff and didn't put it in the patch notes, I dunno, wouldn't be the first time.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

It's just pure variance I believe. I've had runs where there were so many rat spawns that there was a black stream of overlapping rats, two rogres in sewer, four specials + rogre but also supply & demand, Horn and white rat runs with no ogre and a sewer run with a grand total of two specials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Honestly the variance Roger brings with him is often the biggest decider. If Roger shows up alone and you can just beat the crap of out of him then the run is looking pretty good. But sometimes Roger will jump on the scene and immediately summon a horde and then another horde + 2 pack rats and you just get hosed over.

• Locked thread