Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
someone post a picture of the steenking badges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
This badge thing is worse than the most horrible IAP filled mobile game. Is this the future of Nintendo? Just make games please.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's kinda fun and the psychotic shopkeep bunny makes me laugh but I'd never spend real money on it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

African AIDS cum posted:

This badge thing is worse than the most horrible IAP filled mobile game. Is this the future of Nintendo? Just make games please.

Badge Arcade is a game. And one that you don't have to give a single dime to if you don't want to. You can earn free plays off the practice machine.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

jivjov posted:

Badge Arcade is a game. And one that you don't have to give a single dime to if you don't want to. You can earn free plays off the practice machine.

Its really dumb and you get spammed by the bunny every time you launch it. Looks shameless and desperate.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

African AIDS cum posted:

Its really dumb and you get spammed by the bunny every time you launch it. Looks shameless and desperate.

Then don't download it? You literally have to go out of your way into the eShop and download the arcade. It isn't forced on you in any way.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 12, 2015

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

jivjov posted:

Then don't download it? You literally have to go out of your way into the eShop and download the arcade. It isn't forced on you in any way.

Nothing gets by you does it

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
this badge game is loving great suck a dick

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

you can get badges by knocking poo poo over rather than actually grabbing things. a good crane game.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

jivjov posted:

make a badge thread then

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Motto posted:

you can get badges by knocking poo poo over rather than actually grabbing things. a good crane game.

Is there ever such a thing as a bad crane game? Aside from the ones deliberately programmed to have loose claws until a specified number of money has been deposited and then it suddenly finds enough strength.

Also the crane mini-game from the first Mario Party. Nobody ever liked playing that.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Also the crane mini-game from the first Mario Party. Nobody ever liked playing that.

That was the best Crane Game. No one was safe my button mashing.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Blame It On The Crane

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Is there ever such a thing as a bad crane game? Aside from the ones deliberately programmed to have loose claws until a specified number of money has been deposited and then it suddenly finds enough strength.

I believe the answer you're looking for here is yes

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

jivjov posted:

You reminded me of something. Didn't Nintendo send game icons to the Home Menu for a couple of things, and when clicked on, prompted you to download the thing it was showing? I feel like if they really wanted to, they could do that for this thing too. I definitely seem to recall going to erase one of those icons before.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah, 2 Pokemon games and Stretchmo did that.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Some people don't realize you can disable that option in the eShop's settings. Or that it's an option at all.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Gotta wonder if this badge thing has got the hard spending cap like the Pokemon games did.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

jivjov posted:

You may not of noticed by his name and avatar but he is a shitposter. Please don't respond.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
idk how you guys respond to shitposting with such intensity i honestly don't get it. do you guys buy pet rocks all day and send money to nigerian princes too

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Color Printer posted:

I love the way you can look at the badges on the top screen. I love the little badge pin on the back when you spin it around. I love the the way they pin on the folder, and how they're sticking to it when you look at the folder on the top screen. I love these badges :3:
So, it's exactly like a Kirby keychain only slightly more useful?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Alxprit posted:

Some people don't realize you can disable that option in the eShop's settings. Or that it's an option at all.

Doesn't the OS show a message along the lines of "if you don't want to receive these anymore you can turn them off in the options" if you click on one of the undownloaded icons and decline the download?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

They make it pretty straightforward and simple.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

noirstronaut posted:

idk how you guys respond to shitposting with such intensity i honestly don't get it. do you guys buy pet rocks all day and send money to nigerian princes too

Says the man paying for digital badges. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
someone just buy me a N3DS. I'll set up a kickstarter.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think Yakuza is still the definitive pretend arcade experience

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

I think Yakuza is still the definitive pretend arcade experience
Including a little child that pouts at you if you don't get a specific toy from the crane game.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Why did they have to have Splatoon badges so soon.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Pink rabbit will steal all your money, pink rabbit will stop at nothing but the taking of your soul.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Jarogue posted:

Why did they have to have Splatoon badges so soon.

They have around three-thousand of the fuckers at this point in time in Japan, they know which ones they'll be able to get people to take the plunge.

Just the other day they introduced Samus badges as well as Isabelle dressed as Samus badges.

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...
Just got Link Between Worlds, but still haven't played played A Link To The Past yet.
Which game would you recommend I play first?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Balcony posted:

Just got Link Between Worlds, but still haven't played played A Link To The Past yet.
LBW gives you all the classic Zelda tools and weapons shortly after it starts so going back to earning them in LttP might be a bit of a shock.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Balcony posted:

Start with the GB/GBC games first. Then move to ALTTP series, then jump to the GBA one.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Balcony posted:

It really doesn't matter. They're all self-contained anyway.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

glassyalabolas posted:

Start with the GB/GBC games first. Then move to ALTTP series, then jump to the GBA one.

No start with the original NES versions first.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You have to start with the DiC animated series, then read through Shotaro Ishinomori's A Link to the Past graphic novel. There are some slight details you'll miss out on if you don't follow and highlight Hyrule Historia while you do this. Be sure to track down the out of print issues of the Legend of Zelda comic book series too.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Rexroom posted:

No start with the original NES versions first.

I forgot to mention the CD-i series.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
What is everyone hoping for from the Nintendo Direct today? I think it'd be really cool if they announced GBA/SNES games for the 3DS virtual console.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
Does anyone have any advice for fixing a scratch on the top screen of a New 3DSXL? I don't know how it happened, but I just noticed a small scratch near the center of the screen that's really distracting, especially in 3D mode.

I read that tooth paste could be used, but then also read that it could do more harm than good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

What time is the direct?