Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Commissar Ken posted:

Ok now what if I threw you both off the trail by saying that I prefer CVS 1 over CVS 2 for the 4 button-ness, better stages and Bison's sick rear end rush punch and also that I think KOF99 is one of my favorite KOFs?

You are entitled to your opinion, but I still like CVS1.

Tae posted:

"Melee, it looked like they were action figures.

Brawl, they had that whitish glow.

Smash 4 looks like poo poo because they're just mario galaxy versions of the characters"

Yeah, i don't get this because Galaxy looks beautiful and the character models in Smash 4 are all really good looking sooooo... idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Commissar Ken posted:

Ok now what if I threw you both off the trail by saying that I prefer CVS 1 over CVS 2 for the 4 button-ness, better stages and Bison's sick rear end rush punch and also that I think KOF99 is one of my favorite KOFs?

I kinda...like CVS1 better because I played that but never got my hands on CVS2 too??? KOF99 being one of your favorites is acceptable, the secret about KOF is that most of them aren't that great ssshhhh.

Also, I don't get Liam's complaint about Smash 4 either, the best I can parse it is that it looks a lot...darker than Melee? The color palette, I mean.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
He is irrational, despite the fact he argued for 20 minutes that he doesn't understand what being irrational means

Like, he gave the very irrational Brawl comparison, and continued being confused on why Pat and Woolie were irrational.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man Pat is really channeling some DSP in the latest SOMA videos up on Vessel.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

cmykjester posted:

Man Pat is really channeling some DSP in the latest SOMA videos up on Vessel.

My hype for that LP plummeted once Jump To Conclusions Pat reared his ugly head

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah... That game is pretty clear with telling you what's going on, what happened to you, and what everything is but

OH MY GOSH did Simon travel to the future? Is everything a simulation? What happened!?!

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
This is truly the darkest timeline.

Only the power of black conmen can save us.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I like SOMA but I bet it helps that I didn't play SOMA.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

I like SOMA but I bet it helps that I didn't play SOMA.

yeah there's lots of pat walking past literal walls of information

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I played SOMA and I enjoyed it and I'm also kind of enjoying this. Like Pat makes a idiot of himself but something about it is kind of endearing to me. It annoyed the hell out of me in Bloodborne and in MGS5 but here it feels a lot more like genuine excitement.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I played SOMA and I enjoyed it and I'm also kind of enjoying this. Like Pat makes a idiot of himself but something about it is kind of endearing to me. It annoyed the hell out of me in Bloodborne and in MGS5 but here it feels a lot more like genuine excitement.
SBF wouldn't be SBF without Pat latching onto hare-brained speculation with the confidence and conviction usually reserved for lunatics.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Leave Patrick alone

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tupperwarez posted:

SBF wouldn't be SBF without Pat latching onto hare-brained speculation with the confidence and conviction usually reserved for lunatics.

Pat speculates on nothing, Matt overreacts to nothing, Woolie plays lame even where there's nothing there and Liam pays care to nothing.

That Mario Maker shell level is still a perfect summation of every Zaibatsu's member way of playing games on the channel.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
oh my god the crown in terraway is the greatest laugh i've ever had in all these years since the persona 4 video

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I'm a little behind on the videos, but the latest Cryme Tyme and the hour-and-a-half montage of Until Dawn were both great. Really makes me want to play Until Dawn now if I didn't have a backlog of like two dozen other games. Looks way more interesting than I thought it would be.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Charles Martel posted:

I'm a little behind on the videos, but the latest Cryme Tyme and the hour-and-a-half montage of Until Dawn were both great. Really makes me want to play Until Dawn now if I didn't have a backlog of like two dozen other games. Looks way more interesting than I thought it would be.

Full honesty if you watched all of UD then you probably don't have to play it anymore. There's a handful of minor things but it's not a game that really changes at all and a second playthrough can really burn you.

It does a good job of making you think your choices matter which they actually don't

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

speed

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Full honesty if you watched all of UD then you probably don't have to play it anymore. There's a handful of minor things but it's not a game that really changes at all and a second playthrough can really burn you.

It does a good job of making you think your choices matter which they actually don't

To its credit, it does that way better than almost any video game that has ever done that.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So apparently Yuji Naka made a Nights successor on the WiiU. Who was it that hated that again?

HGH fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Nov 12, 2015

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

that is an... ALIEN

I havent played soma and i barely paid attention to the lp and i still figured out what happened to the simon fella, they spell it out to you. Not sure why pat is overthinking it

Depths fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Nov 12, 2015

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

HGH posted:

So apparently Yuji Naka made a Nights successor on the WiiU. Who was it that hated that again?

Jeff Gerstmann, and by extension, Pat.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Depths posted:

that is an... ALIEN

I havent played soma and i barely paid attention to the lp and i still figured out what happened to the simon fella, they spell it out to you. Not sure why pat is overthinking it

SMRPG maze

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Okay, I'm back.

Why does the latest mystery box not have a thumbnail?

Why does the latest undertale have 11,000 views?

Why was there a panel for 6 people?

wha happen?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
You left Pat in charge who delegated everything to Liam since he had to play FFXIV?

I dunno wrt to undertale the good old "uploaded early made private and lost in the shuffle" behind three or so videos thing happened.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Woolie announced a tournament for Slap Happy Rhythm Busters and those were the only people that stayed.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

support your local events

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
where's undertale 12 god dammit

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Okay, I'm back.

wha happen?

everything's on fire and I think woolie might be dead

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

Okay, I'm back.

wha happen?

I'm only just now finding out that there was an Undertale episode

Your channel is now a box of Christmas lights, I'm sorry to have to tell you like this

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Be that as it may, you'll be pleased to know that the jar of library paste has gone completely uneat-- GOD drat IT WOOLIE

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

It's what happens when they don't have your star power to bring in the crowds.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The best part was that they cut off a panel that had 50 people, so some local shindig got more of a crowd.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheRealestMatt posted:

Okay, I'm back.

wha happen?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Just got to the "it's about time!" scene in the SBF walking dead s1 ep3

Imagine a chorus of that WHOOF sound Woolie and pat make when something intensely inappropriate or awkward just got said

Whoof

Whoooooooooooof

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Your montage of Until Dawn convinced me to buy it*.

*When it drops into my impulse buy range of ~$20-$25.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
AND THEN IT GOT EVEN MORE AWKWARD WHEN THEY STARTED SINGING

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
See that big important cutscene in the latest MGS? That's never getting any resolution.
But at least we got Pax Hamburgana.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Undertale 12 is up on vessel.

Vessel is really good at picking the most spoiler-filled screenshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
FINALLY