Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

frodnonnag posted:

Our principal was caught saying our graduating class was the worst on record for the school, yet somehow one of the students went on to being one of the highest paid nfl players ever.
Maybe the previous years more students became professional athletes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Rysithusiku posted:

Release 3 greased pigs on campus, but first paint big numbers on them. 1. 2. 4.

I think the class before mine or the one before that sorta did this except there was a #3 pig since this is a well known gag, but he was well hidden in some storage area or part of the school that was being renovated.

I wasn't in on this but our class apparently had a number of people decide buying a shitload of crickets and releasing them all over the school before lunch was the thing to do. It was less annoying than you would think.

Also senior skip day was a thing but I couldn't do that because I had tutoring hours I was doing for the middle school as part of a scholarship program thing. Only seniors at school that day were the dozen or so that were doing that.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Brightman posted:

I think the class before mine or the one before that sorta did this except there was a #3 pig since this is a well known gag, but he was well hidden in some storage area or part of the school that was being renovated.

I wasn't in on this but our class apparently had a number of people decide buying a shitload of crickets and releasing them all over the school before lunch was the thing to do. It was less annoying than you would think.

Also senior skip day was a thing but I couldn't do that because I had tutoring hours I was doing for the middle school as part of a scholarship program thing. Only seniors at school that day were the dozen or so that were doing that.

Our school had a senior skip day, except the high school was in on it and just told the seniors to take a day off. It took the thrill right out of it.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

frodnonnag posted:

Our principal was caught saying our graduating class was the worst on record for the school, yet somehow one of the students went on to being one of the highest paid nfl players ever.

These are not mutually exclusive.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

frodnonnag posted:

"Caught" saying that?

Our first day in high school, the vice principal/disciplinarian sat our entire class down in the auditorium, said that we were the worst class ever to go through the middle school, and that he would not allow us to be the worst one to go through the high school.

I can't imagine that we actually were. The worst thing that ever happened on a class level with us was that the senior class and the junior class started throwing eggs and flour at each other during homecoming halftime my senior year. And that was only reacted to so strongly because the 50-year reunion class was seated in between the junior and senior sections.

Now, at one point, the school decided to put temporary speed bumps in the school driveways. The really hard, rigid kind that it's impossible to go over without a jolt. Someone stole them all the next week, and dropped them off in the driveway of three school board members. But the guy who did that is actually on the school board now so it's not like it hurt him that much. And he was a year behind us, anyway.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Our class motto was "Character Rocks!", so we ended up dragging boulders and putting them in the staff parking lot with "CHARACTER!" written on each one.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Rysithusiku posted:

Also, my dad claims that in his year all the auto shop students came together one morning to disassemble the principals car, carry it piece by piece to the roof of the gym, and (sort of) reassemble it there. They were short of time, so they didn't actually finish reassembling it up top, but it LOOKED like they did. Also, several small but important parts may have gone missing.

edit: during a normal school day.

Some people did this in my dad's day at University too, with an old Mini. The real trick was to reassemble it on the roof of a building that *doesn't have roof access* by jumping across the ~4 foot gap from the building next door.

My school was a lot less imaginative. Someone bought a large dildo for a female teacher (it was an all boys' school) plus marmite or chocolate spread on the toilet door handles, cling-wrapping various peoples' cars, etc. Nothing too interesting.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

Bonster posted:

Our school had a senior skip day, except the high school was in on it and just told the seniors to take a day off. It took the thrill right out of it.

My school tried to do the same thing to my class. We retaliated by taking the whole week off. :unsmigghh:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Schadenfreude on both sides here I guess? Dude hits his face on a sliding door while not paying attention, cruiser gets sentenced to pay 21 million to the guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phHYIak-IUU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

nerdz posted:

Schadenfreude on both sides here I guess? Dude hits his face on a sliding door while not paying attention, cruiser gets sentenced to pay 21 million to the guy.

Any more information about that case? That doesn't look like a $21M injury there.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

Any more information about that case? That doesn't look like a $21M injury there.

http://news.yahoo.com/jury-awards-21-5-million-man-injured-cruise-182820736.html

Definitely doesn't look like it, but apparently there was a concussion AND brain injury from that? How is that even possible? Dude has a glass jaw.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Subjunctive posted:

After his amazing lawyer fees, he might get a few million. The lawyer must be amazing and worth the money if he can get $21M from that...

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

nerdz posted:

http://news.yahoo.com/jury-awards-21-5-million-man-injured-cruise-182820736.html

Definitely doesn't look like it, but apparently there was a concussion AND brain injury from that? How is that even possible? Dude has a glass jaw.

quote:

A federal jury in Seattle awarded $21.5 million in damages to an Illinois man who was injured by an automatic sliding-glass door on a cruise ship in 2011.

The verdict included $16.5 million in punitive damages. James Hausman's attorneys argued during a nine-day trial that dozens of other passengers have been injured by the doors on Holland America Line cruises because of problems with their sensors, The Seattle Times reported Tuesday

That's the key. The courts are attempting to, erm, encourage the cruise line to fix their known safety hazard.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQbL1YeUWog

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

That's the key. The courts are attempting to, erm, encourage the cruise line to fix their known safety hazard.

You'd expect that much from a chinese escalator incident, though.

One time a man around the same age as this guy ran in front of me while I was riding my bike on the bike lane and our heads collided. That was surely way worse that this one. I had headaches for weeks.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Jesus guys. The whole "reassembled a car in X teachers room etc.." is some of the oldest stdh.txt on the planet.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nutsngum posted:

Jesus guys. The whole "reassembled a car in X teachers room etc.." is some of the oldest stdh.txt on the planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tenMfwfdS0A

You will rue the day

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

nerdz posted:

Was really hoping the second set of doors was going to close on him while he was reeling in pain.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
At my school, the theater students were the only class really devoted to pranking. The senior class a few years ahead of me built a free-standing replica of the theater teacher's office on the theater stage. They moved all of her belongings in there, hooked up her telephone, wired the lights, and then sealed the thing shut. You could peek in through a small window to admire their work, and listen to the phone ring and ring.

My year, they built a miniature golf course on the stage, complete with sand trap and water feature. Unfortunately, no one told the janitors that tarps had been placed under everything to make clean up easy, and they spent a lot of unneeded time shoveling sand.

A nearby high school thought it would be hilarious to put goats on the roof of the high school. They wanted the goats to be safe, so they put leashes on them and tied them to the roof. Unfortunately, the goats were too close to the edge of the building, and by the time kids started showing up to school, there were dead goats hanging from the eaves. :(

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Nutsngum posted:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2210696/Cambridge-Universitys-1958-car-on-roof-prank-secrets-revealed.html

Nah, mine happened, although not quite in the way I was led to believe. They hoisted it up onto the roof rather than disassembling it and reassembling it on the roof.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Oh man you guys wouldn't believe the wacky things that happened at my school:

Girls going to the ER with hot dogs stuck up them
Ejaculating in creme filled donuts and giving them to officials
Letting livestock loose with numbers / letters / etc
Assembling cars in offices / hallways / extradimensional spaces
Cops arresting road workers / gardeners / etc
Psychologically manipulating facility through behavior reinforcement
Psychologically manipulating animals to attack referees
Putting laxatives in the cafeteria lunch
A girl asking why semen tastes so salty if it contains sugar
Flat tire questions on missed exams

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Staryberry posted:

A nearby high school thought it would be hilarious to put goats on the roof of the high school. They wanted the goats to be safe, so they put leashes on them and tied them to the roof. Unfortunately, the goats were too close to the edge of the building, and by the time kids started showing up to school, there were dead goats hanging from the eaves. :(

It's wacky enough that I don't think it happened. Then again, in my high school, a group of seniors were so successful at simultaneously detonating stink bombs that half the school's classrooms were unusable for about two days.

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

PRADA SLUT posted:

Girls going to the ER with hot dogs stuck up them
Ejaculating in creme filled donuts and giving them to officials
Letting livestock loose with numbers / letters / etc
Assembling cars in offices / hallways / extradimensional spaces
Cops arresting road workers / gardeners / etc
Psychologically manipulating facility through behavior reinforcement
Psychologically manipulating animals to attack referees
Putting laxatives in the cafeteria lunch
A girl asking why semen tastes so salty if it contains sugar
Flat tire questions on missed exams

I once had a coworker whose kids were named Orangejello and Lemonjello :eyepop:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Also remember that kid that turned in an empty page for an essay on "What is courage?" and got full marks

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
And then everyone stood up and clapped.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Wait, what thread is this?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ralphie never got any better in the summer.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

PRADA SLUT posted:

Assembling cars in extradimensional spaces

I saw this one happen at my school, it was nuts. It took three days, multiple cranes, various excavation equipment, as well as the assistance of a shaman to get the principal's Jeep out of the nether realm.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Don't skip that first one, and watch the whole thing.

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.
A well to do high school my friend attended had a theme-a-day homecoming week. The freshmen used facebook to organize their own theme, and had everyone dress up as the much poorer neighboring highschool. Guys wore ghetto clothes, and some girls put basketballs under their shirts to look pregnant.

Since the first unofficial theme went so well, they decided day two would be Crips vs. Bloods day. One kid wore black face.

Their homecoming dance was canceled. The End.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Macrowave Oven posted:

Since the first unofficial theme went so well, they decided day two would be Crips vs. Bloods day. One kid wore black face.

Did anyone get shot?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Ralphie never got any better in the summer.

Randy was the one stuck in the winter clothes you fool!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

Randy was the one stuck in the winter clothes you fool!

:thejoke:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Cats are assholes.gif

Is there a cats are assholes tumblr?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

mcbexx posted:

Cats are assholes.gif

Is there a cats are assholes tumblr?

This is a good start

I loving hate cats
Wash them all
Even though the beast was thoroughly washed, the apartment will still smell of piss

(and the owner will be covered in fucktard hair, openly complain about it, and also smell of piss)

Astrobastard has a new favorite as of 00:35 on Nov 13, 2015

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

All we did was hand out marbles before the graduation ceremony. When you shook the principal's hand during the ceremony, you pressed your marble into his hand. Eventually he had to pause so he could get rid of all these stupid marbles he was holding. SO EDGY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I'm trying to think of an object with fewer edges than a marble and coming up empty