Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Autocorrected Development

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

it's a backwards arrested development reference

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Marta Velasquez posted:

Skateboards are ancient. Catch up.

actually, skateboards are more popular than they have ever been, at least around the college campus i work at

people of all social groups: nerds, whatsits, hot girls, jocks, hipsters, sex addicts... everybody who is 19 is skateboarding to get from A to B

i see multiple people every day who have clearly been on a skateboard like twice in their life, and they are just starting to learn, because it's super cool and everybody is doing it

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

ah the wastoids...

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

the skateboard really is the ferris bueller of transports

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
no joke when i saw that movie as a kid i thought that "dickhead" was a role people actively tried to fill in high school.

then i got to high school and realized that's absolutely true.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Tonight I saw a 19-20 year old call the cops on a concert venue because him and his 21+ friend got kicked out because he got hammered there and the 21+ friend was buying him drinks all night.

HE CALLED THE COPS ON HIMSELF. An hour later my friends told me there was something going on in the parking lot involving cops and bros behind my bar (I'm the bartender). The same assholes were telling the cops that they'd call their dads lawyer and poo poo.

These retards have no idea about the real world and consequences.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah that isn't a "m'lady" thing

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

if I'm out with a girl who's still in university or whatever then I'll pay for sure, but insisting to pay if i'm out with a girl who actually makes money because "I'm the man" is just weird and definitely a "m'lady" thing in this part of the world, but I know things are different in the US and I have no doubt that's how Claude Wayne himself seduced Natasha back in the day

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

hell no baby real grown ups let each other buy drinks because gently caress feminism means we go dutch

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i mean ya when i'm out with my partner sometimes i treat her and sometimes she treats me but that's not because of a gender thing, that's us wanting to spoil the other person because we like each other

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
As a millenial, why cant I get along with my peers, especially in the tech industry? The only people I can relate to and talk to are angry 30-50 year old construction workers.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
As a millennial I only connect with middle aged women in the medical profession

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Weird thing about Gen-Xer's, we connect really well with WW2 vets

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Booblord Zagats posted:

Weird thing about Gen-Xer's, we connect really well with WW2 vets

lol theyre just happy that someone is talking with them

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Ahundredbux posted:

lol theyre just happy that someone is talking with them

Nah, it's kinda weird and unspoken. Like the Boomers and the WW2/Korea guys really don't interact at a lot of Veteran's organizations and when they do it's tense as gently caress, but there's a drat near instant bond they can get guys in their 40s-30s who were in. Maybe it's because we're the same age as their grandkids, maybe it's something else. But I've always noticed it

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

yes it is

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Edgar posted:

As a millenial, why cant I get along with my peers, especially in the tech industry? The only people I can relate to and talk to are angry 30-50 year old construction workers.

30-50 year old blue collar dudes are generally angry at the right people unless they've been infected with the racism

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Edgar posted:

As a snake person, why cant I get along with my peers, especially in the tech industry? The only people I can relate to and talk to are angry 30-50 year old construction workers.

I can relate to my tech industry peers AND my tech industry co-workers whose children are my age AND also my friend who's in his 30s and isn't always a construction worker but does it when his writing gigs are thin :smuggo:

But then again when I say tech industry I mean embedded software, so if you're working for some web dev company I am truely sorry for your lots and I probably would've snapped by now in your position.

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 12, 2015

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Stinky_Pete posted:

Software Architect

lmao

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

radiatinglines posted:

30-50 year old blue collar dudes are generally angry at the right people unless they've been infected with the racism

since when are Mexicans generally the right people to be angry at

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Well not yet but once Trump is running the show things will be different, we'll be calling the Trump-gestapo® on those fuckers.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvfI6Q5WFT0

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I said unless they're racist dude

The ones I know are mad about their corporate bosses and Washington fat cats

Edit: my post was literally one sentence and you didn't read all of it, millennial spotted

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 12, 2015

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

I was considering putting it in quotation marks—he was hired out of college and has only been working there for 3 or 4 years—because it's such a fluffed-up title, but he does basically what my boss does, which is design the system from above and tell people what parts of the system to do.

He has a good salary and a very low cost of living (Nowhere, Wisconsin), so I don't really have a leg to stand on other than saying all there is to do in Wisconsin is drink a lot of beer and accumulate blubber for the winter.

There's a kind of innocence about the lifestyle that strikes me. He can afford whatever new toy or gadget he wants, and he and his wife are perfectly content to eat pizza and beer regularly and not care too much about how they look. You can really see the progression toward the WALL-E world.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Translation - it's because the middle aged dudes are unhappy and downtrodden, and the millennials are whiny left-ideological purity activists. Which I guess is slightly better than nothing?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Well, sometimes they walk really slow in front of you because they have lots of children and also because time moves according to Magical Realism for them.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Booblord Zagats posted:

Nah, it's kinda weird and unspoken. Like the Boomers and the WW2/Korea guys really don't interact at a lot of Veteran's organizations and when they do it's tense as gently caress, but there's a drat near instant bond they can get guys in their 40s-30s who were in. Maybe it's because we're the same age as their grandkids, maybe it's something else. But I've always noticed it

tell yourself that if it makes you feel better but I talk woodworking with some 90 year old WWII vets and they make it very clear that they're disappointed not with my generation or yours, but with every human being who doesn't work with their hands and who won't fist fight for what they believe in

this puts the average generation x person slightly below the average millennial kid growing his own weed in terms of the value of their life to the oldest toughest men on the planet

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dave Concepcion posted:

if I'm out with a girl who's still in university or whatever then I'll pay for sure, but insisting to pay if i'm out with a girl who actually makes money because "I'm the man" is just weird and definitely a "m'lady" thing in this part of the world, but I know things are different in the US and I have no doubt that's how Claude Wayne himself seduced Natasha back in the day

nah the m'lady types are MRAs and would expect a woman to pay since if she wants things equal she must pay.

check your privilege next time and realize men have it easier than women and the scale should be balanced at some points.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

nah the m'lady types are MRAs and would expect a woman to pay since if she wants things equal she must pay.

check your privilege next time and realize men have it easier than women and the scale should be balanced at some points.

haha oh my god it's worse than I thought

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

extra stout posted:

tell yourself that if it makes you feel better but I talk woodworking with some 90 year old WWII vets and they make it very clear that they're disappointed not with my generation or yours, but with every human being who doesn't work with their hands and who won't fist fight for what they believe in

this puts the average generation x person slightly below the average millennial kid growing his own weed in terms of the value of their life to the oldest toughest men on the planet

I still don't get why im supposed to care about some decrepit fucks opinion about me. WWII vets is an increasingly dead group of people so ya know im gonna go out on a limb here and say they're irrelevant to me the guy living his life instead of nearing the end of it.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Or perhaps you go out to a date that both of you can afford and would do for fun anyway instead of training men and women to see each other as a zero-sum economic game

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
how am i gonna know when it's alright to be intimate with another person if i haven't first made some sort of transaction - a millenial

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Or perhaps, in the most feminist countries (Scandinavian) everyone goes dutch to eliminate emotional game playing from the equation

PS that's what women say about it here

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
It would be cool if the ethos of the most feminist countries like Sweden could be combined with the sultry beauty of the most feminine countries like Colombia. Like, you could go out with a girl and just talk with her and she buys her own food but also she is like perfectly groomed and dressed in really self-objectifying clothing

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

my hobbies are watching netflix and playing video games and listening to music

you'll find me drinking wine and snuggling on the weekends, lol!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

a happy snowman posted:

Or perhaps, in the most feminist countries (Scandinavian) everyone goes dutch to eliminate emotional game playing from the equation

PS that's what women say about it here

what emotional game playing. i don't expect a woman to like me or sex me because i paid for dinner.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Maoist Pussy posted:

It would be cool if the ethos of the most feminist countries like Sweden could be combined with the sultry beauty of the most feminine countries like Colombia. Like, you could go out with a girl and just talk with her and she buys her own food but also she is like perfectly groomed and dressed in really self-objectifying clothing

the problem with that is Sweden's fuckin cold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

radiatinglines posted:

I said unless they're racist dude

The ones I know are mad about their corporate bosses and Washington fat cats

Edit: my post was literally one sentence and you didn't read all of it, millennial spotted

you must not know many blue collar folks

and there are plenty of people who genuinely aren't racist but still believe they are being screwed over by immigrants and welfare program recipients

you don't have to be racist to be xenophobic or hate "bad" poor people

• Locked thread