Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Yeah I can remember the first time me and a friend attempted wheat and chaff on normal about 30 seconds in there was a hoarde that was kicking our rear end, a globadier, and then I got grabbed by a packmaster. As he ran to save me I literally saw him like 5m away get grabbed by a packmaster and dragged off past my nearly lifeless body strung up on and pole and get hoisted up himself. As we were playing with bots that was game over.

Immediately retried and breezed through the entire level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kitchner posted:

Yeah I can remember the first time me and a friend attempted wheat and chaff on normal about 30 seconds in there was a hoarde that was kicking our rear end, a globadier, and then I got grabbed by a packmaster. As he ran to save me I literally saw him like 5m away get grabbed by a packmaster and dragged off past my nearly lifeless body strung up on and pole and get hoisted up himself. As we were playing with bots that was game over.

Immediately retried and breezed through the entire level.

ok story post 4/10

wouldn't recommend, no got gud moment

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Holy poo poo this is ruining the vermintide thread.

Whoever said the bots were fixed when dealing with ratling guns is wrong the bots are still very paralyzed inf ear.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 12, 2015

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Just like Wheat and Chaff 1.0 this Snatch Duster guy just never stops!!!

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Was running a nightmare black powder game and holy poo poo was it brutal - but manageable and insanely fun. Unfortunately we lost due to glitches. Right as the last barrel was getting ready to be thrown in the brig by the wizard, she glitches and is thrown over the boat. We were all instantly gibbed a few times throughout the level too, so it wasn't surprising. Hell, I got punched so hard by a rat ogre that I didn't even get a chance to be resurrected, I just died on impact.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Apeshit Sixfingers posted:

Right as the last barrel was getting ready to be thrown in the brig by the wizard, she glitches and is thrown over the boat.

One time I got careless with a barrel and threw it a little off the mark so instead of going into the hold it bounced off the deck and straight over the other side of the boat into the water.

My face: :prepop:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Chomp8645 posted:

One time I got careless with a barrel and threw it a little off the mark so instead of going into the hold it bounced off the deck and straight over the other side of the boat into the water.

My face: :prepop:

I threw one and it bounced off a barrel in there and into the water. LOL i couldn't believe it for the life of me.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

xthetenth posted:

So what's got you feeling so inadequate that you're smugging it up about a video game anyway? Is it that the best thing you have to boost your self esteem is playing a video game on hard, and to do even that you needed to burn a bunch of time grinding up a big enough crutch?

PROBATION 04/29/13 09:26pm Snatch Duster Yes you are, you're gross. I've seen pictures. Even your nose is fat. You look like a balloon with a thyroid problem. User loses posting privileges for 1 week. Pipski Debbie Metallica

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Filthy fat rat!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The only real difficulty is cataclysm with white weapons. The orange weapons are basically training wheels to ease you in, you should really be playing with the starter weapons for the true experience.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
The one thing you really do need is trinkets tho. They're pretty drat useful.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Microwaves Mom posted:

The one thing you really do need is trinkets tho. They're pretty drat useful.

Sorry, they make the game easier, which is not the true experience.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Cataclysm. Ranged Weapons Only. White Quality. Final Destination.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

Filthy fat rat!

I love the times the soldier just starts swearing at the rats.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Grondoth posted:

I love the times the soldier just starts swearing at the rats.

He even calls them voles. Kruber is the best.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Imo the game should give you orange weapons to start with and you have to unlock LOWER quality weapons in order to progress to higher difficulty levels. Just totally invert the gear rolling so orange is at the bottom and white at the top. Easy/Normal allows everything, hard allows blue or worse, nightmare allows green or worse, cataclysm white only.

A true gamer's experience.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Chomp8645 posted:

Imo the game should give you orange weapons to start with and you have to unlock LOWER quality weapons in order to progress to higher difficulty levels. Just totally invert the gear rolling so orange is at the bottom and white at the top. Easy/Normal allows everything, hard allows blue or worse, nightmare allows green or worse, cataclysm white only.

A true gamer's experience.

If you lose a Cataclysm game you permanently lose a random item from your inventory.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
if you lose on cata you get permabanned from the something awful forums

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Every time I see pubbie perform poorly I take a screenshot and email it to Snatch Duster with the title "Vermintide Shame List - new name L@@K" and request a read receipt.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Who is this Roger fellow and why is he ruining this game?

I have a real question. Where do you aim to head shot the gas rat? It is the one rat I can't reliably headsot, so I figure hisbulky costume is throwing off where I think his head is.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I have a real question. Where do you aim to head shot the gas rat? It is the one rat I can't reliably headsot, so I figure hisbulky costume is throwing off where I think his head is.

The glowing eyes.

Also can anyone link the field of view calculator you can use for video games? I can't find a good one. I know one was linked in this thread earlier ago.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Same deal for me. I've gotten so comfortable with the arquebus that I have a decent chance of quickscoping every kind of special, but never globadiers. Are they just immune to it?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

They can absolutely be headshot but it's hard to make out where their head is with their mask. I outright miss them a lot too because some of their outfit and gear don't count as places you can damage.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The gas rat is also hard to headshot because unlike most specials which walk in the general direction of a nearby player the gas rat is just constantly pivoting in random new directions every second like an rear end in a top hat.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Microwaves Mom posted:

The glowing eyes.

Also can anyone link the field of view calculator you can use for video games? I can't find a good one. I know one was linked in this thread earlier ago.

The real difficulty intended for this game is to turn FoV down to the minimum and play with an eyepatch on.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
His backpack also does not count as even a body shot and his head sways a lot due to him hauling so much gear around. I tend to just ignore head shots unless I'm very confident I can make them, it's much better to just shoot the fucker and get him thinking about suicide. Gas rats can easily end a run solo if they're left to throw globes.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
If you shoot the backpack isn't that what makes him go all jihad on you?

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Kitchner posted:

If you shoot the backpack isn't that what makes him go all jihad on you?

It's a damage threshold thing.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

He suicide bombs at like 25% health or so, and has a rather long warm up to the suicide charge. The backpack equipment over his head doesn't count as a hit at all, I have shot it dozens of times with a handgun or crossbow and not even gotten a hit confirmation.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Two gutshots is a lot more reliable than shooting for and missing the head against those guys, and is more likely to get in before he gets a globe out.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Coolguye posted:

He suicide bombs at like 25% health or so, and has a rather long warm up to the suicide charge. The backpack equipment over his head doesn't count as a hit at all, I have shot it dozens of times with a handgun or crossbow and not even gotten a hit confirmation.

The warmup for suicide is also a good time to follow up with a headshot if it's going to take another two body shots to down him, like with the crossbow, because the little poo poo holds still and his head is in a reliable place for once.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I have a green trinket that gives 30% less damage from gas clouds, anyone know if that applies to the suicide explosion since that's what tends to do a lot of damage to me more than ending up in the gas.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I have a green trinket that gives 30% less damage from gas clouds, anyone know if that applies to the suicide explosion since that's what tends to do a lot of damage to me more than ending up in the gas.
Yes, I have the 90% and basically ignore them on hard and down.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the gas rat is the best rat because after he chucks a globe he A. stands on his tip toes and tries to see if he hit or not and B. does a little hop and pumps his fists if he does

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

the gas rat is the best rat because after he chucks a globe he A. stands on his tip toes and tries to see if he hit or not and B. does a little hop and pumps his fists if he does

lmao I never noticed that

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i need videos of this

yesterday

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

This is the best game ever made.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Fourthing request for a video. I am usually too busy running away from a gas cloud and fending off clanrats to notice that, but it sounds marvelous.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Tiler Kiwi posted:

I'm going to have to let him bomb some team-mates to see this, but it will be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

I got my first trinket today, at level 26. It's a blue.

25% faster respawn on death.

• Locked thread