Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
Hey folks, I'm looking for suggestions for IEMs. My previous pair of Klipsch S4i II died and I want to replace them with something comparable.

They'll be used, primarily, with my iPhone and I'm looking for inline volume and track controls. My budget is about $150.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Blinkz0rz posted:

Hey folks, I'm looking for suggestions for IEMs. My previous pair of Klipsch S4i II died and I want to replace them with something comparable.

They'll be used, primarily, with my iPhone and I'm looking for inline volume and track controls. My budget is about $150.

Thanks!

I've been eyeing the Sure 215 SE. They seem legit and I've heard nothing but good things from people that own them.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

absolem posted:

I've spent a good amount of time with both, have the m100, and prefer it. Neither should benefit from an amp. There's also the ath msr7 which is between those two in price and sound.

Thanks! I grabbed the M100 because they had the matte black on Amazon for 199 when it's normally 239-269.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
OK so as per the thread's recommendations I have ordered a Magni 2 for my soon to arrive Beyerdynamic DT 880s.

According to this review, the iPhone 6 Plus has an outstanding DAC:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-6-plus.htm

So, am I clear to feed the music directly from the headphone port on the phone to the Magni 2? Or is there a better way?

absolem
May 21, 2014

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 [is] immoral
insofar as it is coercive towards someone, yes

I am retarded and compassion is overrated.

AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS

LTBS posted:

Thanks! I grabbed the M100 because they had the matte black on Amazon for 199 when it's normally 239-269.

drat that's a good deal

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I've been eyeing the Sure 215 SE. They seem legit and I've heard nothing but good things from people that own them.

I have a pair of those that I use at the office. They're great but don't have any inline controls and aren't great walk-around headphones as they cancel out almost everything.

Amdis
Jan 9, 2007

Budget - $250 CAD(I can do up to $300 if need be)
Source - Desktop
Isolation Requirements - No
Preferred Type of Headphone - Over ear
Preferred Tonal Balance - Mix of gaming and tv/movies so I guess whatever works for that
Past Headphones - Had a pair of astro a40s I got as a birthday present that are finally dead
Preferred Music - Mix of Hip-hop and indie

I'm using a pair of old sennheiser px 90s that I found lying around but I could go for an upgrade now.

absolem
May 21, 2014

AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
Beyerdynamic Dt880 or AKG k7xx, but the Phillips Fidelio x2 is a nice step up. If you want closed, the audio technica ath msr7 is your best bet.

Edit: didn't see the CAD, so no idea on the prices

Amdis
Jan 9, 2007

Thanks for the recommendation man, I saw these on a pretty huge sale so I'm going to get them. Even with our dogshit baby dollar this is by and far the best price I can see.

Luegene Cards
Oct 25, 2004
Hey gang! I'm looking for a solid pair of headphones, over the ear, in the 100-200 range. The Sennheiser Urbanite were recommended, but look a lot cheaper on Amazon than what's listed: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Urbanite-XL-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B00M3NZKA2

Is this the right product at a good deal, or should I look elsewhere? Thanks!

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
Hi all!

I am looking for headphones matching the following requirements:

- Wireless (Bluetooth) + wired (via line in, cannot be exclusively wired via USB)
- Plays nice with iOS and Android (yes, both)
- Active noise cancelling
- Around ear (totally encircles the ear, does not rest on the ear itself)
- Playback controls
- Integrated microphone
- Decent battery life at least in wired mode, ideally in wireless mode -- or the ability to swap batteries easily. I want to use these on long haul flights.
- I listen to shitloads of spoken word content (books / podcasts), punk rock, Americana, and folk.
- Will also be used with my home PC gaming rig.

Price: Up to $450.

My current plan is to wait for the Parrot Zik 3 to release, read some reviews, then either get the Zik 3 or the (cheaper) Zik 2 if the third model doesn't sound significantly better.

I'd like further recommendations as the above plan is based on research via Google and I expect that I don't have perfect information here.

(Yes, this is a semi repost, previous post got no response but wasn't formatted as well)

absolem
May 21, 2014

AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS

Luegene Cards posted:

Hey gang! I'm looking for a solid pair of headphones, over the ear, in the 100-200 range. The Sennheiser Urbanite were recommended, but look a lot cheaper on Amazon than what's listed: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Urbanite-XL-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B00M3NZKA2

I believe that is the first generation version, whixh have been discounted. I would recommend the audio technica m50x over them.

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Hi all!

I am looking for headphones matching the following requirements:

- Wireless (Bluetooth) + wired (via line in, cannot be exclusively wired via USB)
- Plays nice with iOS and Android (yes, both)
- Active noise cancelling
- Around ear (totally encircles the ear, does not rest on the ear itself)
- Playback controls
- Integrated microphone
- Decent battery life at least in wired mode, ideally in wireless mode -- or the ability to swap batteries easily. I want to use these on long haul flights.
- I listen to shitloads of spoken word content (books / podcasts), punk rock, Americana, and folk.
- Will also be used with my home PC gaming rig.

Price: Up to $450.

My current plan is to wait for the Parrot Zik 3 to release, read some reviews, then either get the Zik 3 or the (cheaper) Zik 2 if the third model doesn't sound significantly better.

I'd like further recommendations as the above plan is based on research via Google and I expect that I don't have perfect information here.

(Yes, this is a semi repost, previous post got no response but wasn't formatted as well)

You're asking for a rarified item - if you had one less constraint there would be standard recommendations. I recall innerfidelity liking the zik, so if that fulfills your requirements, go for it

absolem fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Nov 12, 2015

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

absolem posted:

I believe that is the first generation version, whixh have been discounted. I would recommend the audio technica m50x over them.
I'm a Sennheiser fanboy and even I have trouble recommending the Urbanite.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
If you didn't need active noise cancellation, this would be a lot easier. The Zik is pretty much your only option other than the Sennheiser Momentum which is $50 over your budget.

Pursus
Nov 27, 2007

Hook on!
So, I'm a believer in headphone burn-in now. Here's a recap of my recent headphone adventures in case anyone finds it interesting/helpful:

I wanted to try out a planar magnetic headphone and there's absolutely no places in my area to do so. I decided to buy an EL-8 open direct from Audeze because they have a 30 day no-questions asked refund period. It was a little more money to buy it from them, but I figured they could just get sent back if they didn't wow me and in the long run I'm very glad I did. I got them and they sounded amazing, exactly the way people described planars and I was mostly happy. Right from the beginning I noticed something weird. When you put the headphones on, pushed on the outside of the cup, or even just tilted your head from side to side the drivers would make a crinkling noise (like a shopping bag crinkling). Basically, anything that compressed the pads or changed the air pressure inside would cause it. If there was music playing it would cut out for a second in that ear instead of crinkling. With a little experimentation I was even able to minimize the effect if I slipped a drinking straw in between the pad and my face. It wasn't too bad at first, I'd just assumed that it was a weird thing that planars did because they have super-thin diaphragms. However, it kept getting worse and after a week or so it was getting really annoying and the straw thing is obviously not a long term fix. At that point I did some googling and found that other people had this problem and that Audeze was even doing a recall in the UK for them, so I decided to return them rather than risk warranty-ing them and possibly getting another lemon pair. To their credit, they honored the 30-day refund period and I was even able to talk them into eating the return shipping. I'm very happy with how they handled themselves, and like I said, the cans themselves sounded amazing when they weren't making crinkling noises at me.

So, onward and upward. Now that I know I like the planar magnetic thing I start reading more reviews and the crowd-favorite for the price seems to be the Hifiman HE-560. I found an authorized dealer that was selling customer-return 560s with a full warranty for a little less than the EL-8s cost so I got them a week ago. The manual says that they should be burned in for some crazy amount of time like 120 hours. I roll my eyes and plug them into my amp and start rolling. Immediately, they don't sound very good. Harsh and sibilant, infinitely worse than the damaged EL-8s and probably even less detailed than my Momentums on heavier tracks. The more layered the music, the worse they sounded and the bass never gave me that subwoofer feel that the EL-8s did. For the last week I've been feeding them all kinds of music and aggressively EQing them to make them listenable. How can these be the same headphones that everyone gushes over? Is all of my music "poorly mastered" and these are just "revealing the flaws?!" Did I get another set of broken cans? I read that they were kinda power hungry, and my amp (o2+odac) needed to be at high gain 75% volume to be as loud as I wanted them so I was beginning to think that I needed more power and I ordered an Asgard. And then all of a sudden last night ... boom ... everything is fine. I got done watching a bunch of youtube videos (mostly game sounds and talking, no music) and I put on a song and it sounded great. It was like someone flipped a switch, every song sounds great, even all of the wacky EQ settings I was playing with for the last week sound great. Stuff that sounded like crap hours earlier was sounding ten times better and the bass is sounding about as good as the EL-8s. If they stay the way they are now, I'm really happy with them, if they get even better I'll be thrilled. I'm shocked that they changed so suddenly over the course of one night but I guess, at least with these specific cans, burn-in is a real thing.

Unfortunately, I still have an Asgard on the way I probably don't need, but I guess it's an opportunity to try out a class-A amp and see what all of the fuss is about.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

If you didn't need active noise cancellation, this would be a lot easier. The Zik is pretty much your only option other than the Sennheiser Momentum which is $50 over your budget.

I'm willing to go to $500. Edit: Screw it, I'm willing to go really high on these if I must. Pretend budget is not an issue.

What would you recommend without active noise cancellation?

Chimp_On_Stilts fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 12, 2015

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I have a pair of Harmon Kardon BT that sound great and tick every other box of yours.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Pursus posted:

Unfortunately, I still have an Asgard on the way I probably don't need, but I guess it's an opportunity to try out a class-A amp and see what all of the fuss is about.

I think Schiit has a 15 or 30 day guarantee as well.

Anyways, earlier I asked if the iPhone 6+ would be a good source to feed into a headphone amp, if I got a cable that plugged into the headphone port on the iphone, and converted into L/R analog inputs to the headphone amp.

Is that an alright setup or should I get a dedicated DAC like the Modi 2 and feed into that with fiber optics?

I hear that the iphone 6 plus is an excellent DAC but I'm unsure if that holds up if you're using a cable from the headphones and feeding that into the headphone amp....?

Sorry to ask again but if this isn't a good setup I want to buy the DAC today so that it gets here on Friday or Sat

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.
Any possible difference in sound quality is not going worth the hassle of dealing with a DAC when your source is a phone. Just get a decent quality 3.5mm to RCA cable to connect to your amp and call it a day.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

GokieKS posted:

Any possible difference in sound quality is not going worth the hassle of dealing with a DAC when your source is a phone. Just get a decent quality 3.5mm to RCA cable to connect to your amp and call it a day.

Well the alternative is that my computer audio has optical out, so I could use that in tandem with a DAC, the source doesn't have to be the phone, I was just hoping I wouldn't have to buy a DAC but if it really will improve the audio then I guess I can drop the $120 or whatever on a Modi 2.

That just seems kind of expensive if I can get 97% of the way there with the iPhone 6+ as a source via the 3.5mm to RCA cable.

Taima fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 12, 2015

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.
If you're going to use the computer as a source, a DAC may be worthwhile depending on how clean your analog out is. A DAC that lets you select between audio sources (like the Modi 2 Uber) can be a really nice convenience upgrade though, letting you switch between your PC, phone, and maybe even a game console for use with the same amp/headphones.

Pursus
Nov 27, 2007

Hook on!

Taima posted:

I think Schiit has a 15 or 30 day guarantee as well.

Yeah they do, but it doesn't cover shipping ($40 both ways) and has a 5% restocking fee. I'll probably take less of a loss selling it on the secondary market at that point. I can still use the headroom because I have a few really quiet albums that I need to max out the O2 on, so we'll just see what happens when it gets here.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

The Zik is pretty much your only option other than the Sennheiser Momentum

Great suggestion, those get excellent reviews and appear to hit all my needs.

I am now looking between the Zik, Momentum, and 'Plantronics Backbeat Pro' wireless.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

GokieKS posted:

If you're going to use the computer as a source, a DAC may be worthwhile depending on how clean your analog out is. A DAC that lets you select between audio sources (like the Modi 2 Uber) can be a really nice convenience upgrade though, letting you switch between your PC, phone, and maybe even a game console for use with the same amp/headphones.

Ok thanks for your help! It turns out that iphone6+ --> Magni 2 --> DT880 Pro sounds fantastic, to my ears at least. But you make an excellent point about switching inputs, that's the lamest thing I'm dealing with right now. I'm just not sure if it's $150 worth of lame. I'll probably just troll Craigslist for one and grab it when it pops up, if I can get it down to like 80-90 bucks or something.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Great suggestion, those get excellent reviews and appear to hit all my needs.

I am now looking between the Zik, Momentum, and 'Plantronics Backbeat Pro' wireless.

If I had $500, your requirements and liked the Sennheiser sound, I would definitely get the Momentum. I've only tried them in a store so I can't say much about the sound quality, but they're quite comfy and well built.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Luegene Cards posted:

See:

Amdis posted:

Thanks for the recommendation man, I saw these on a pretty huge sale so I'm going to get them. Even with our dogshit baby dollar this is by and far the best price I can see.

On that note, I've been EXTREMELY HAPPY with my ATH-M70x's. I snagged them in a package deal for about $330 that also included a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, and Samson MTR101 1" Diaphragm Studio Condenser Mic.

What do you need them for? Do you have a particular goal or purpose for these headphones?
I got the M70x's because I wanted a more accurate / "neutral" sound profile for recording.

The aforementioned deal on Beyerdynamic is pretty loving good. $150 is about the lowest I've ever seen them.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 13, 2015

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

The Beyerdynamics (DT770,880,990) PRO models frequently drop to around 150 -- that's what I snagged 990s and 770s for, each. A fantastic deal, really. I'm not sure I'd recommend anything else for 150bux.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Tactical Lesbian posted:

The Beyerdynamics (DT770,880,990) PRO models frequently drop to around 150 -- that's what I snagged 990s and 770s for, each. A fantastic deal, really. I'm not sure I'd recommend anything else for 150bux.

The 990 Pros were $119.99 this morning at Adorama, I posted it in Coupons, but they're pricier now I think.

The 880 Pros are always more expensive, the lowest I've personally seen them was $160 when I bought them last week. Many people consider the 990s to be inferior. Haven't personally heard the 990s but have heard them referred to before as a "treble rape-fest". Tasteless comparisons aside, there may be a bit of truth to that statement as the 990s do have a boosted treble compared to the 880s and I would say that the 880s already have enough treble as it is.

Taima fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Nov 14, 2015

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Has anything come along in the past 2.5 years that beats the NVX XPT100 in the ~$100 pricepoint for closed headphones? Mine are starting to crap out and they've been the best headphones I've ever owned so I'm ready to just buy another pair.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Taima posted:

The 990 Pros were $119.99 this morning at Adorama, I posted it in Coupons, but they're pricier now I think.

The 880 Pros are always more expensive, the lowest I've personally seen them was $160 when I bought them last week. Many people consider the 990s to be inferior. Haven't personally heard the 990s but have heard them referred to before as a "treble rape-fest". Tasteless comparisons aside, there may be a bit of truth to that statement as the 990s do have a boosted treble compared to the 880s and I would say that the 880s already have enough treble as it is.

The 990s can be really sharp, even sibilant. It's not as bad if you roll the right tubes or EQ 7k/10k down a bit. They've been my main, home cans for a while, but I'm itching to upgrade -- unfortunately there's nowhere near me that I can demo anything that's not Beats or Bose. :\

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
Hello all!

My headset just snapped at the end of the headrest, right above where the headrest meats the adjuster for the earpiece. The headset I am using is the Plantronics Gamecom 780. This has been a great budget headset and has lasted me a few years. I just duct tapped it all back together but am not looking at other budget headsets. These were on sale for $50 when I bought them. What is a good budget headset around the $50-100 range (the lower the better)?

The games I play are that truly rely on sound are CS:GO. Other games are Skyrim, Half Life 2, The Long Dark, BL:TPS

I like having a mic right on the headphone. One it is convenient and two it saves me from having to buy a separate microphone. I do enjoy the surround sound feature of the 780. Don't really care if wireless, but would be a nice feature to have.

Thanks in advance!

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Fixit posted:

Hello all!

I just duct tapped it all back together but am not looking at other budget headsets. [...] What is a good budget headset around the $50-100 range (the lower the better)?
Thanks in advance!

Heh.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B003VANOFY/
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Surround-Gaming-Headset-Technology/dp/B00CQ35C1Q/

These are a good bet. I've had a pair of the g930s I snagged a few years ago with a BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU and they've been super convenient. They sound -OK- to my snobbish oval office ears but wow having rechargeable wireless headphones is super convenient. The microphone swivels up/down, and when in the up position, is disabled. 80bux is right in your price range, too.

Aside from the buttons on the side which can function as a push to talk, change your voice to Darth Vader or someshit, and a volume wheel, I'm not sure what the difference between the two models are. v0v

Tactical Lesbian fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 14, 2015

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

DT 990 Pro back on $119.99 sale (with $30 MIR):

http://www.adorama.com/BDDT990P250.html?emailprice=t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905&cvosrc=affiliate.62905

Sorry there is some kind of affiliate code there but it's *not mine*. It's just that if you take off rest of the URL the good price goes away for some reason (I think the URL includes a coupon).

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Tactical Lesbian posted:

Heh.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B003VANOFY/
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Surround-Gaming-Headset-Technology/dp/B00CQ35C1Q/

These are a good bet. I've had a pair of the g930s I snagged a few years ago with a BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU and they've been super convenient. They sound -OK- to my snobbish oval office ears but wow having rechargeable wireless headphones is super convenient. The microphone swivels up/down, and when in the up position, is disabled. 80bux is right in your price range, too.

Aside from the buttons on the side which can function as a push to talk, change your voice to Darth Vader or someshit, and a volume wheel, I'm not sure what the difference between the two models are. v0v

The G930 is a pretty alright headset when it actually works correctly. Unfortunately whether it does or not seems to vary depending on your model, the overlapping wireless signals in the area you're using it, the alignment of the planets, and dumb luck.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

glomkettle posted:

The G930 is a pretty alright headset when it actually works correctly. Unfortunately whether it does or not seems to vary depending on your model, the overlapping wireless signals in the area you're using it, the alignment of the planets, and dumb luck.

Heh, this is true sometimes, but for the most part I've had quite good results with it. Able to go to the kitchen or bathroom with them on and not lose audio, although transmitting seems to drop off quickly with just a wall or two. So long as there are no closed doors between you and the PC, can definitely get like 30 feet before it starts randomly cutting out and beeping at you. If you're just using it within the same room, it's solid.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Tactical Lesbian posted:

Heh, this is true sometimes, but for the most part I've had quite good results with it. Able to go to the kitchen or bathroom with them on and not lose audio, although transmitting seems to drop off quickly with just a wall or two. So long as there are no closed doors between you and the PC, can definitely get like 30 feet before it starts randomly cutting out and beeping at you. If you're just using it within the same room, it's solid.

Ok. I have no intention of walking away from the computer with a headset on. Thought the wireless would be nice for when wife or kids walk in the room and want my attention so I'm not swinging my head with a wire tugging on it.

Are these a bad headset? http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-S...tronics+headset Same company I'm using now.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Fixit posted:

Ok. I have no intention of walking away from the computer with a headset on. Thought the wireless would be nice for when wife or kids walk in the room and want my attention so I'm not swinging my head with a wire tugging on it.

Are these a bad headset? http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-S...tronics+headset Same company I'm using now.

I've never associated the brand "Plantronics" with the word "Quality" ever, but I could be wrong as I've never seen/heard of/tried that headset. Seems like a :iiam: box option to me.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Blinkz0rz posted:

Thanks!

Just wanna signal boost this. I'm ok with going up to $200 if there's anything good at that price point.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Fixit posted:

What is a good budget headset around the $50-100 range (the lower the better)?
The games I play are that truly rely on sound are CS:GO. Other games are Skyrim, Half Life 2, The Long Dark, BL:TPS

Sorry for the long rant, but...

I played CS:GO with my K99's all weekend and it was tolerable. Actually it was pretty refreshing. The AK isn't brain-shattering with those as compared to my ATH-M70x's, but the k99's are semi-open whereas the m70x are closed backed.
It's easier to distinguish where in space the sounds are (wider sound stage) with the M70x but the gunshots are just brutal. That and all the squeakers SCREAMING into their mics is really difficult to tolerate after about a round. That's all the fault of the terrible sound in the game and not at all the fault of the headphones.

I paid like $35 shipped for the K99's from Massdrop and I consider that to be a worthwhile investment. They're a great set of budget open backed entry level headphones. Not too heavy in the bass and the trebles are crisp but smooth, not overbearing. (As someone who hears dog whistles and is crippled by CRT tv transformer vibration, this is important to me.)

They have a tendency to feel a little hollow and flat in the sound stage, if not entirely muffled, but still exceptional for a $30 pair of headphones. I think I might continue to use them if for no other reason than to tolerate CS gunshots.
They're super light and easy to wear for long periods. They don't feel as plush or fancy as higher end headphones, but they're durable and don't make my ears sweat.

The only thing about the K99 that doesn't meet your needs is the lack of a mic. You can get a ModMic pretty cheap and they stick nicely to the K99's. I'd recommend investing in a decent mic setup though. I picked up a Samson mtr101 and it is jaw-droppingly clear. It's always fun to go into a match and have people comment on how nice my mic sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Blinkz0rz posted:

Just wanna signal boost this. I'm ok with going up to $200 if there's anything good at that price point.

RHA MA750i