Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Neon Knight posted:

Give her a gun. Get angry when she kills dudes with her bare hands? Is it not open season on paramilitary Ghost soldiers, the guys who kill themselves when captured.

Pretty much. This is up there with everyone being pissed at Hunter on Agents of SHIELD after he went for Ward and Ward used Andrew as a hostage. There's no reason to show the Ghosts mercy. They're cold-blooded murdering mercs that commit suicide when caught. Might as well kill the fuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This is like the ninth or tenth time Sara has left Star City to "find herself"

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

BrianWilly posted:

This is like the ninth or tenth time Sara has left Star City to "find herself"

That's okay, this time she's going to find herself in an entirely different show. So in theory it should stick.

And oh hey Felicity and Oliver are being mature about their relationship. Yaaaay, angst avoided!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Charlotte Ross is really nice to look at it.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Lance and Felicity's mom, huh

e; oh poo poo, next week's preview :stare:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I wish they had somehow referenced Barry getting his rear end kicked in Flash.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
So back to back. We get scene of Oli and Felicity hooking up. Then Felicity Mom and Lance getting together. Then Thea and not an assassin DJ in disguise hopefully hooking up. Then the final scene I was expecting Dark and his assistant to flirt, but nope its the precredits stinger-big reveal of Darks weird board game he is going to try and get crowd funded?

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
Do we know what that board at the end was?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can not express my joy in making Tiny Rick a thing.

Also Ray continues to be awesome, too bad he'll take off to find himself next week.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
This show has the finest bulletproof crates, trashcans, couches and tables I've ever seen. Ikea the supplier?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol, Ray's love of bugs.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Super Dude posted:

Do we know what that board at the end was?

Darhk's been praying to a Trigon statue a lot, maybe it's a blueprint for a portal to bring him to our world.

Also that was a fun episode.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Bad Moon posted:

Lol, Ray's love of bugs.

"Nobody cares about Ant superheroes!"

This episode felt wicked uneven. Even though Sara was great on the show, her entire involvement has been a sprint. She's dead! She's alive and crazy! She's alive and sane but killing people! She's leaving!

Also Thea loves Roy forever! Thea is pushing people away due to her murderousness! The wants to find love with a guy whose had two scenes of setup!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Darhk's been praying to a Trigon statue a lot, maybe it's a blueprint for a portal to bring him to our world.

look I love anime as much as the next guy but let's not bring Vash onto this show

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Golden Bee posted:

Also Thea loves Roy forever! Thea is pushing people away due to her murderousness! The wants to find love with a guy whose had two scenes of setup!

I assume he's gonna wind up evil.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I think the one thing that's not quite clicking with me this season is the constant reliance on the whole "I'm afflicted with murderous raaaAaaAAAAGE!" device that they just keep on using episode after episode with Thea and now with Sara. I liked the episode where they first realized this about Thea because it led to some cool moments between her and Ollie and also to that sickass fight between her and Anarky, but at this point the charm of seeing someone wallop mooks in an uncontrollable rage while someone else shouts "No, that's enough! Stop it!" has worn off.

Especially since, if you think about it, this is basically the same exact thing as that Mirakuru rage thing that Roy had.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

"Mom, I'm not ten."
2 minutes later: "That's the problem. It's too easy to lose myself in him."
That's some solid irony, Felicity.

Also, the bullet stopping couch in Darhk's lair was pretty swanky. Need to get me one of those.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Nov 12, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

Well they don't know it but the Lazarus pit was destroyed by Nyssa.

That pit was... It's not a unicorn. Mark these words

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Is there any doubt that Felicity is the one in the grave at this point?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes, because it's Lance.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

No Butt Stuff posted:

Is there any doubt that Felicity is the one in the grave at this point?

It's Felicity's Mom after she marries Lance in a double wedding.

I also laugh at them being mad at the professional assassin Sara killing people. I mean of all them only Laurel doesn't kill people even Thea does sometimes.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
It's Constantine, but he resurrected himself. Again.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
It's Hal, who we meet this season but dies before he gets his own show.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

sbaldrick posted:

It's Felicity's Mom after she marries Lance in a double wedding.

I also laugh at them being mad at the professional assassin Sara killing people. I mean of all them only Laurel doesn't kill people even Thea does sometimes.

Yeah, I don't get it. Diggle shoots fools al the time and no one chastises him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They don't mind the murder, it's the neck breaking that makes them uncomfortable.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

10 Beers posted:

"Mom, I'm not ten."
2 minutes later: "That's the problem. It's too easy to lose myself in him."
That's some solid irony, Felicity.

Also, the bullet stopping couch in Darhk's lair was pretty swanky. Need to get me one of those.
Well, if anyone were going to own a bulletproof couch, it'd be him.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Felicity's mom seems a bit too dark of an arc for Felicity, so Lance still feels like the front runner to me.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

10 Beers posted:

I thought he was using rubber bullets since Lance has yet to go "oh hey what about all those bodies your friends dropped" but idk.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He just doesn't take kill shots.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

10 Beers posted:

Didn't he say something about using a tranq gun in a recent episode?

But yeah, I think the deal with Sarah is that she isn't just killing, but killing defeated enemies in cold blood. If Diggle were executing guys who have already been knocked out, that would be more comparable. Also beating up innocent security guards (although Thea pushing a metal shelf onto the other one didn't look too great either).

e:

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 12, 2015

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

All the angsty relationship bullshit was worth it for this scene here. :perfect:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Lord Hydronium posted:

Didn't he say something about using a tranq gun in a recent episode?

But yeah, I think the deal with Sarah is that she isn't just killing, but killing defeated enemies in cold blood. If Diggle were executing guys who have already been knocked out, that would be more comparable. Also beating up innocent security guards (although Thea pushing a metal shelf onto the other one didn't look too great either).

e:

I liked how good old American Boy Diggle poo poo all over vodka and called it for pussies and recommended a man's drink, whisky.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bad Moon posted:

I liked how good old American Boy Diggle poo poo all over vodka and called it for pussies and recommended a man's drink, whisky.

He's not wrong.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
That scene has me increasingly worried that it's Diggle's gravestone. :(

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's either Felicity or Digg, They have made too many references to the "OG" Team. That's probably getting split up this year.

I'd lean Felicity, but she is so goddamn popular. So It's probably Diggle.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Dexo posted:

It's either Felicity or Digg, They have made too many references to the "OG" Team. That's probably getting split up this year.

I'd lean Felicity, but she is so goddamn popular. So It's probably Diggle.

Yeah Oliver's speech at the gravesite makes me think it's someone he looked up to more than just loves, so I'm thinking either Detective Lance or Diggle

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
it's a mass grave with Felicity, Diggle, Lance, and Thea. Ollie's stuck with just Laurel next season.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Nice swastika boardgame, Darkh Darhk Dahrque Quarles.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It's Barry. What we saw was Earth 2 Barry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Did anyone notice the traditional male/female role reversal in this episode, where Felicity is the hard-charging competent person who has to put her life and personal needs aside to save lives and Oliver is the inexperienced, less-intelligent but wanting to help domesticated support trying to make sure she eats/sleeps? (I invited your mom to dinner! I'm making chicken cordon bleu! I want to help! Go take a shower! And a nap!) I thought it was a very interesting juxtaposition from their relationship in previous seasons. Even at the end when they're making up Oliver is half-dressed reclining on the bed while Felicity is fully and modestly dressed, standing. It seemed very deliberate to me as well as completely in character for both. Not to mention the mom's constant objectification of him ('He's hot! And he cooks! Snatch this one up!') Hell even !Mr. Terrific got in a little 'he's straight, you're married' mantra to avoid chatting him up.

It also raised some important heretofore unaddressed questions for them as a couple. Felicity's 'I don't want to lose myself in him' tumbler-bait aside, now that the first exciting months are over she's starting to realize how different they are even outside of his 'pampered rich boy who spent five years being tortured on an island' background versus her 'not enough money to go to Space Camp raised by a cocktail waitress' one. She's obviously way more intelligent than he is and he's painfully aware of that fact (and she didn't waste any time driving that point home this episode). He knows Ray has a lot more in common with her than he ever will, and now he's back. Interesting seeing Oliver be the emotionally vulnerable and uncertain one, again a traditional role of the female love interest.

Pretty sure all this is deliberate and I'm interested to see where they're going with it.

• Locked thread