Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

precision posted:

i wish Gamestop would let you rent an XBONE like blockbuster used to let you rent consoles because drat do i wanna play dat but not sure i'd be able to beat it in the 7 days i would have to hit the return window on a used BONER

It's on the 360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

the 360 version runs just as well as the xbone one with all the content

:monocle: i didn't know there even was a 360 version

also lol that there is a 360 version and it's virtually indistinguishable from the ONE version

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Nate RFB posted:

After taking a month off I'm back on my trek through the MGSes with Snake Eater. Do the radars' batteries recharge on my own or should I pretty much never use them? I'm terrible at resource management and it was bad enough when it was just ammo and rations!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COdkHuogVkw

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Nate RFB posted:

After taking a month off I'm back on my trek through the MGSes with Snake Eater. Do the radars' batteries recharge on my own or should I pretty much never use them? I'm terrible at resource management and it was bad enough when it was just ammo and rations!

Your battery will recharge when nothing's in use. It recharges faster with high stamina and if you're moving as well.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Every time I get a new place with a workbench, I ritualistically hunt down everything I can destroy that isn't in working condition.

Then I set about repairing fences and doors wherever possible. Then I get to designing a dream town.

I really like FO4.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

precision posted:

:monocle: i didn't know there even was a 360 version

also lol that there is a 360 version and it's virtually indistinguishable from the ONE version

it's not, the xbone one definitely looks nicer, but you don't really need depth of field and ambient occlusion and stuff like that to enjoy tomb raider

the crystal dynamics tomb raider series actually has a good tradition of having perfect last-gen ports; the ps2 TR Legend was identical to the 360 one apart from graphical fidelity, and you could even switch between the two sets of models on the pc if you wanted to

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah 360 is 720p and it runs good. xbox is 1080 except when its 900 and if you break stealth the AI scripts cause the game to drop to the low 20's fps and the screen to tear if there are a lot of ai's at once.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

I miss these sort of conversations in MGS5.

A rare negative for the game, IMO.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mistle posted:

I miss these sort of conversations in MGS5.

A rare negative for the game, IMO.

Kiefer Sutherland ain't cheap.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Fallout 4 is the best Gundam game released.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Until you run out of minigun ammo immediately. Then you're just a crazy giant robot with a little gun. :(

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
gbs spoiled fallout 4's ending for me

don't know whether I'm upset or relieved? kind of a mixture of the two since I won't get to play the game for a while

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah 360 is 720p and it runs good. xbox is 1080 except when its 900 and if you break stealth the AI scripts cause the game to drop to the low 20's fps and the screen to tear if there are a lot of ai's at once.

i have tr2013 on my pc and it runs fine most of the time, but lara's hair causes the framerate to dip when it's on screen.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Nasgate posted:

Fallout 4 is the best Gundam game released.

It's not a good Gundam game if Master Asia isn't in it, yelling constantly in a powerful Japanese old man voice.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Colonel posted:

It's not a good Gundam game if Master Asia isn't in it, yelling constantly in a powerful Japanese old man voice.

I painted my Power ArmorGouf blue and am running around teaching teenagers about the tragedy of war

tuyop posted:

Until you run out of minigun ammo immediately. Then you're just a crazy giant robot with a little gun. :(

Smh if you don't keep the minigun and just melee everyone to death. Or use Grognak's axe.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Grimace posted:

don't know whether I'm upset or relieved? kind of a mixture of the two since I won't get to play the game for a while

So I take from this that it's poo poo. Not really surprising.

Finished Contradiction yesterday, it's a really fun goofy FMV game which really devolved into "The Adventures of Jenk: World worst Police Inspector!"

The ending left it on a cliffhanger though, like a Godzilla level cliffhanger where you know there's never going to be a sequel.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

New Concept Hole posted:

Your battery will recharge when nothing's in use. It recharges faster with high stamina and if you're moving as well.
Thanks, since everything is a shade a green it seemed like it'd be a little too stacked against you to know where guards are in relation to yourself with some form of radar.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

How does the "use your phone / mobile device as a pipboy" thing work? It sounds kinda cool, something that I might buy the game for in a year or so when it's $10 with all the dlc.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

So tropico 5 is on sale, or more specifically it's assfuck ton of dlc is.

Is it even any good? I remember distinctly being quite disgusted with the game at launch due to being paltry and stripped from 4, and then they said there was gonna be like 10-12 20 buck dlcs. Is it a worthwhile bother or should I just wait till Calypso stops being prideful and finally bundles it all together in a cheap sale?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
there is a pretty detailed review made by totalbiscuit but I think his impression on the title overall was good

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

raditts posted:

How does the "use your phone / mobile device as a pipboy" thing work? It sounds kinda cool, something that I might buy the game for in a year or so when it's $10 with all the dlc.

It works and you can play some bare retro minigames on your phone with it. Honestly I prefer the ingame pipboy just because it's on the screen where I'm playing the game.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Upgrade your PC for Fallout 4

program666
Aug 22, 2013

oh gee a processor at 4.4 beats one at 3.9? what wizardry is this? The second and third entries in this table are a bit misleading

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

program666 posted:

oh gee a processor at 4.4 beats one at 3.9? what wizardry is this? The second and third entries in this table are a bit misleading

amd don't make processors anymore, they make conversion kits to turn your pc into a space heater

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Mike the TV posted:

Sweet! It's like an improved Nitronic Rush.
That's because it IS an improved Nitronic Rush. Most of the team's the same, though I think one or two went on to just work for some major dev or other.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

By the way, Dirt Rally is hella good.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dejO6aiA7bs

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

program666
Aug 22, 2013

awesome, I should probably play dragon quest 8 some day

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So how is that game anyway? I like Dragon Quest but I heard it doesn't have multiplayer and I can't imagine ever wanting to play a musou game solo.

program666 posted:

awesome, I should probably play dragon quest 8 some day

You should, it's good if you like anything about Dragon Quest games. Before that one the only ones I'd played were the first two on NES years ago.

raditts fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 12, 2015

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
For whatever reason I've never played Dead Space; all things being equal, which version considered better? PC or PS3? Controls being the only real difference, I'm assuming.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

program666 posted:

Sorry, how are those entries misleading? It seems like a pretty simple "here is how well these processors work with the game" thing.

Nate RFB posted:

For whatever reason I've never played Dead Space; all things being equal, which version considered better? PC or PS3? Controls being the only real difference, I'm assuming.

I remember playing it a bit on PC and getting confused because the weapon selector was a d-pad shape with no key labels, but it used the 1-4 keys in some weird order other than just going around clockwise. So all else being equal you might as well go PS3 to avoid some control jank.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 12, 2015

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Dead Space has an infamous turret mini game that is infuriating to try and play with a controller, so I say PC.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

raditts posted:

I personally love it for a couple reasons. If I am just exploring out of combat I don't have to pull up the pip boy to slam cassettes in my pip-boy, or consume rad-x. If I'm in a good spot in combat I prefer to use it instead of pausing the action.

My favourite thing though, is you can use it to equip armor while the game runs so you can decide if that armor is pretty enough. Or you can look at the new weapon while an npc keeps chatting.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Great Joe posted:

That's because it IS an improved Nitronic Rush. Most of the team's the same, though I think one or two went on to just work for some major dev or other.

I'm sold. Taking it off my wishlist and buying it now :)

Sleeveless posted:

Dead Space has an infamous turret mini game that is infuriating to try and play with a controller, so I say PC.

I remember I could only get past that mini game by plugging a mouse into my 360 lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Nate RFB posted:

The vsync on PC is terrible and absolutely ruins mouse control, but turning it off can gently caress things up if your computer is too powerful and will break scripted events.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nasgate posted:

I personally love it for a couple reasons. If I am just exploring out of combat I don't have to pull up the pip boy to slam cassettes in my pip-boy, or consume rad-x. If I'm in a good spot in combat I prefer to use it instead of pausing the action.

My favourite thing though, is you can use it to equip armor while the game runs so you can decide if that armor is pretty enough. Or you can look at the new weapon while an npc keeps chatting.

Yeah it's honestly a really well done app and more RPGs should have something like it imo

Also the minigames are legit awesome

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nate RFB posted:

PC version has a weird bug involving v-sync that never got fixed and was even present in the sequel lol
Otherwise they're pretty much the same other than the infuriating turret mini game being a lot easier on PC.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

So how is that game anyway? I like Dragon Quest but I heard it doesn't have multiplayer and I can't imagine ever wanting to play a musou game solo.

its not really a musou game the way they built everything and designed the levels. its mainly a tower defense type game with musou style combat and action rpg character leveling and skill unlocks. its not multiplayer because the tower defense segments would be trivial if someone could guard the object with the health bar while other players go close monster portals. instead you collect fallen monsters and redeploy them as allies to slow down the enemy hordes when you need to go do something else.

its a rad game and super fun. my only gripe is the horrifically bad town menu interface that makes everything you do in between battle take forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Cloud strife is coming to smash bros

• Locked thread