Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Medullah posted:

That's a cute minigun scene but let's be honest, best minigun scene of all time -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RbL4PwTDsQ

Zero Human casualties after shooting that many bullets out of a minigun?

He must be Combat Medic spec.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Badger of Basra posted:

Oh well. I was fine just pretending it was KOTOR 3 but now I need help destroying star fortresses :negative:

It's not hard to roll an Imperial alt my friend. Levelling is ludicrously comically easy in this post KOTFE world so the barrier to entry on trying out other storylines is incredibly small. You will hit level 50 to 55 by the end of chapter 1 and probably hit level cap mid wsy through chapter 2 or so.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's not hard to roll an Imperial alt my friend. Levelling is ludicrously comically easy in this post KOTFE world so the barrier to entry on trying out other storylines is incredibly small. You will hit level 50 to 55 by the end of chapter 1 and probably hit level cap mid wsy through chapter 2 or so.

No I know, my Jedi knight is 65 already after maybe a week of play but I just liked the story so I wanted to get all the Alliance stuff done. Completionism more than anything.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

No I know, my Jedi knight is 65 already after maybe a week of play but I just liked the story so I wanted to get all the Alliance stuff done. Completionism more than anything.

Once you get to KOTFE, I'm fairly positive that the story is literally identical for Pub and Imp characters so you aren't really missing much by swapping over.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ainsley McTree posted:

Once you get to KOTFE, I'm fairly positive that the story is literally identical for Pub and Imp characters so you aren't really missing much by swapping over.

Well, sadly there's one companion you recruit that's exclusive to both sides Pierce on Imperial and M1-4X on Republic

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Well, sadly there's one companion you recruit that's exclusive to both sides Pierce on Imperial and M1-4X on Republic

Is it just me, or are warzones completely different once you're level 65? They seem to have stopped being fun and/or winnable.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
How is female Consular for VA?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

Is it just me, or are warzones completely different once you're level 65? They seem to have stopped being fun and/or winnable.

PvP is not something you should do alone. You're always going to be at a disadvantage against the full time PvP players, but at least in a group with fellow goons you can coordinate via TeamSpeak and if you lose you know you lost to better people and didn't completely lose due to your own teams complete incompetence.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Fuzz posted:

How is female Consular for VA?

Much better than Nolan North. Still stoic, but not as bland and dry as North.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

prefect posted:

I kind of wish there was a "no healers" mode of PVP. The least fun part of it to me is feeling like I'm shooting at a brick wall because all the damage I'm doing is just getting healed faster than I can dish it out (probably because I suck and my gear sucks but still)

I guess I could just play healer in PVP. I seem to remember that being slightly more fun.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

I kind of wish there was a "no healers" mode of PVP. The least fun part of it to me is feeling like I'm shooting at a brick wall because all the damage I'm doing is just getting healed faster than I can dish it out (probably because I suck and my gear sucks but still)

I guess I could just play healer in PVP. I seem to remember that being slightly more fun.

I love healing in WZ's just because of how tough I am to kill, often I'll offer bounties on myself of a million credits for anyone who gets a killing blow on me. Plus nothing helps a mediocre team more than a great healer and the best way to guarantee a great healer on your team is to play one yourself.

Raw HPS is always going to outclass raw DPS one-on-one and rightly so. Taking out a healer is all about proper separation, interrupts, and CC.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Whenever I saw a healer, I made sure to tag them with SHOOT ME target mark. Pubbies being pubbies though, I might have been the 1% outlier.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Raw HPS is always going to outclass raw DPS one-on-one and rightly so. Taking out a healer is all about proper separation, interrupts, and CC.

Which, when you're queing solo, never ever happens and makes trying to DPS intolerably unfun :(

Think I'll heal the last 5 matches I need to get pierce.

Or 3, if i win.

So 5

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

prefect posted:

Not just you. Low level warzones have always been more fun and accessible.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

prefect posted:

Oh man don't tell me that. I was so surprised that I was actually enjoying PvP in an MMO, but I haven't gotten to 65 yet.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Beeme posted:

Oh man don't tell me that. I was so surprised that I was actually enjoying PvP in an MMO, but I haven't gotten to 65 yet.

Enjoy them while they last then! Max level PVP isn't as fun.

Save up your comms so you can start with a full set of PVP gear right out of the gate if you can; people will inspect your gear and yell at you on the fleet apparently if you don't

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ainsley McTree posted:

Enjoy them while they last then! Max level PVP isn't as fun.

Save up your comms so you can start with a full set of PVP gear right out of the gate if you can; people will inspect your gear and yell at you on the fleet apparently if you don't

About how many comms is a set?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Beeme posted:

I'm hoping that once I've got a full set of PVP gear from warzone commendations, it will not be quite so unpleasant. As it is, my JK needs twelve more warzones to get a fourth droid follower. (I've done eight so far.)

(It's sooo much better on my Commando Trooper. Melee PVP is sadness.)

prefect fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 12, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I've done it five times, and I gotta say leveling a character entirely through PvP is incredibly fun. Especially with a friend. Log in, do the daily a few days a week, nothing else. Good rewards, have fun, don't have to deal with the pros.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I've done it five times, and I gotta say leveling a character entirely through PvP is incredibly fun. Especially with a friend. Log in, do the daily a few days a week, nothing else. Good rewards, have fun, don't have to deal with the pros.

I've got two char slots that that's all I do..lvl them to 65 via PvP, move their comms to my main, delete and start over.

FYI a full set of of PvP gear is 4075 comms and you should average 100 per WZ...much easier to do in lowbies where gear doesn't matter. You can freely move comms between characters using the PvP vendor on fleet.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Captain Oblivious posted:

About how many comms is a set?

for the base set, I think it's somewhere around 2500, which is not that tough to accumulate in one night.

Upgrading the rest of the pieces, yeah that takes some effort and if you want the shells and mods it's a lot more expensive.

I think the PVP is fairly miserable as a melee damage dealer, but I'm willing to accept that I am probably always the weak link and that I have no idea what I'm doing so I tend to stay and defend objectives and call poo poo out and nobody yells at me because everyone understands you get ganked when it's 3 on 1 most of the time.

I think I'd rather heal PVP, but until they do dual specs, I don't think I can ever just keep a character on a heal spec as I will never heal PVE content.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Telex posted:

for the base set, I think it's somewhere around 2500, which is not that tough to accumulate in one night.

Upgrading the rest of the pieces, yeah that takes some effort and if you want the shells and mods it's a lot more expensive.

I think the PVP is fairly miserable as a melee damage dealer, but I'm willing to accept that I am probably always the weak link and that I have no idea what I'm doing so I tend to stay and defend objectives and call poo poo out and nobody yells at me because everyone understands you get ganked when it's 3 on 1 most of the time.

I think I'd rather heal PVP, but until they do dual specs, I don't think I can ever just keep a character on a heal spec as I will never heal PVE content.

Yeah, getting a base set of PVP isn't too burdensome, especially if you take your time and limit yourself to just doing the dailies. And the Pierce recruitment mission itself rewards you with 1000 comms when you're done.

It just sucks balls till you get there (and also after you get there (I don't like PVP, i just want Pierce)

Swapping between heal & dps spec isn't too bad either. DPS gear is "fine" for healing so you don't even need to swap gear around (unless you really care about your performance a lot). You just have to remember your utilities and your hotbar binds.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Arsit, we gonna try a hard mode tonight?

If we have enough interest I wouldn't be opposed to running HM EV again if we have enough alts to do it, the fact that it drops 220 and 224 is insane for effort vs reward

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's a really great design choice to force a whole bunch of people playing the story to grind out max level PvP, often for the first time. That will surely lead to a lot of fun matches

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
What? No one's forcing you to PvP.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's a really great design choice to force a whole bunch of people playing the story to grind out max level PvP, often for the first time. That will surely lead to a lot of fun matches

Where does the game force you to grind out max level PvP? There is an optional companion to recruit that you have to do 20 matches at most, which you don't have to do in any particular time span.

I'm 100% fine with them giving us different objectives to get the different companions. I wish they didn't lock certain ones behind others, like the world boss one, but I hope they do more like that in the future. Theran will only go with you if you get 3 presence datacrons? Cool! Mako wants proof that you've killed Operator 9? Awesome!

Force people out of their comfort zone and dip their toes into different activities. You certainly don't NEED any of the companions since your max deplorable is 6.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

You certainly don't NEED any of the companions since your max deplorable is 6.

We've been over this. The max deplorable is Skadge.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

Haha dammit autocorrect strikes again, piece of ship

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nipponophile posted:

Can we have this added to the OP?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Haha dammit autocorrect strikes again, piece of ship

Cuck I'm gav

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

FYI a full set of of PvP gear is 4075 comms and you should average 100 per WZ...much easier to do in lowbies where gear doesn't matter. You can freely move comms between characters using the PvP vendor on fleet.

How exactly do you do this? I have a few thousand I'd like to move around. I had assumed it would be "buy gear on one character, mail it to the other, get refund", but you can't even buy the stuff unless you're 65.

prefect fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 12, 2015

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

prefect posted:

How exactly do you do this? I have a few thousand I'd like to move around. I had assumed it would be "buy gear on one character, mail it to the other, get refund", but you can't even buy the stuff unless you're 65.

I believe the PVP vendor sells PVP widgets that do nothing besides be objects that are BoL so you can send them to your alts and sell back for the same amount of comms that you spent...or maybe they're lockboxes or something, I forget. Check with the PVP vendor standing next to the PVP terminal, he sells something.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

prefect posted:

You can buy tokens from the PVP vendor that are worth 100, 500 or 1000 (IIRC) wz comms, they can be traded.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It's cool that they give you an easy way to do that, but...why exactly can't we just send comms directly through the mail like credits again?

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

It's cool that they give you an easy way to do that, but...why exactly can't we just send comms directly through the mail like credits again?

Because that'd require UI changes.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

BW is doing a survey asking what would be good future subscriber rewards. Now's your chance to ask for Skadge as a romance option and/or that threesome you've always wanted with Scorpio and T7

quote:

Today , 10:00 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.
Hey folks!

One of the things our team is exploring is to continue giving increased value to your subscription time. Example being the additional rewards we issued each month of being a subscriber leading up to Fallen Empire's launch. After some internal discussion, we decided, why not just go to the source to get some of your feedback as well!

At the bottom of this post you will find a link to a survey which will get your insights into the types of things you like, and would like to see as a subscriber reward. If you have time please take a few minutes and fill out the survey.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SubscriberRewards_04

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

Medullah posted:

Arsit, we gonna try a hard mode tonight?

That remains the plan. I did promise that we'd do something non-EV so people wouldn't worry about blowing their lockouts on your runs on Tuesday, and I intend to hold to that - half the point of doing HMs is to have stuff that's at least a little challenging, and EV isn't great on that score. That said, I'll put together another EV run on Monday night if no one else does before then.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
Help, I got infected and can't stop coughing, what do I do. I thought it was going away when the debuff ended, but it's getting worse instead.

Edit: Nevermind, I died.

Beeme fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 13, 2015

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ainsley McTree posted:

I believe the PVP vendor sells PVP widgets that do nothing besides be objects that are BoL so you can send them to your alts and sell back for the same amount of comms that you spent...or maybe they're lockboxes or something, I forget. Check with the PVP vendor standing next to the PVP terminal, he sells something.

I had checked all the vendors except for the one next to the terminal. My bad. :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Beeme posted:

Help, I got infected and can't stop coughing, what do I do. I thought it was going away when the debuff ended, but it's getting worse instead.

Edit: Nevermind, I died.

You can buy a vaccine at any medical vendors to prevent that from happening again. Though there is a daily for infecting others when you explode, if that's more your thing.

• Locked thread