Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
congraturation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
You have completed a great game.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

I sent my mom an email thanking her for raising me cause my whole life has been building to this moment.

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

I missed orange drakefires by one today. The first I've seen on the loot ladder, even. And I got blue daggers instead. :(
That a. don't have good abilities and (aren't drakefires) b. holy poo poo, I can't deal with single target only melee weapons, at all. Though the rapier is fine because it's fast attack is good at keeping groups at bay.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I got an orange mace/shield for the guard and its charged attack is like a third as strong as my dwarf's blue axe/shield charge attack. That loving thing two-shots everything. This loving thing takes five hits to kill a wave of basic rats.

Are dwarves just at the right height for headshots with that thing? Was I somehow comparing normal with nightmare across classes? What is the deal here?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Watched a gas rat and can confirm the hop + fist pump is true.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

filthy rat-vole-rodent piece of trash!

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
I feel like they really nailed the wizard-feel in this game. Chucking a big flaming death bolt like a javelin and gibbing eight guys feels amazing. And the temptation to push past your tiny little overcharge comfort zone into the much larger gently caress-zone is constant and enticing, like an addictive and volatile chaos magic source ought to be. My only complaints are A) the fuckin loot system, and B) Sienna should cackle a lot more often.

StringOfLetters fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 12, 2015

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Prawned posted:

I sent my mom an email thanking her for raising me cause my whole life has been building to this moment.

She is too ashamed, cuz she realized that she raised a scrub.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I got my first orange the other day which turned out to be a witch hunter axe with healing on it. I was pretty stoked and it was good on hard, body shotting clanrats, healing up and absolutely destroying stormvermin. It only hits one rat, maybe more with the charged attack but the charge is completely vertical downward attack. The normal attack is fast enough to not get overwhelmed though. It really starts making GBS threads the bed on higher difficulties though. On nightmare, it doesn't even bodyshot clanrats anymore so you're left with a weapon that can only hit one rat at a time and not even kill them. Very disappointing. I'm still waiting for a rapier better than my green one with heal on normal hit.

On the other hand, my bright wizard is loving decked out. I got an orange conflag staff with pretty meh traits but it does have 13% to split projectiles and hey, an orange is an orange. My blue sword has heal on kill and vent on charged attack which is fine, because I only ever use the charged attack. It's perfectly horizontal and cuts heads off like no other. I tried the blue flaming sword but it doesn't hold up. It seems like it does less damage or less knockback or something, I was definitely having a harder time with it than the regular sword.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Snatch Duster posted:

Somethingawful: The End Times - Shitposttide

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

StringOfLetters posted:

I feel like they really nailed the wizard-feel in this game. Chucking a big flaming death bolt like a javelin and gibbing eight guys feels amazing. And the temptation to push past your tiny little overcharge comfort zone into the much larger gently caress-zone is constant and enticing, like an addictive and volatile chaos magic source ought to be. My only complaints are A) the fuckin loot system, and B) Sienna should cackle a lot more often.

Although it is not a good thing, I get a weird satisfaction from announcing "ah gently caress I am exploding"

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Hunter Axe is one of those weapons that's really tricky to use because you can't sweep with it, but with good blocking and dodging it'll do okay against hordes and it completely wrecks stormvermin and does a number on rogres. Also, if you aim for the neck you'll one-shot rats on any difficulty level.

Most importantly, it's really fun to use and watch rat heads go flying as it makes these big, meaty impacts.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Gods load out on the wh is the 2h with a master crafted xbow

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Snatch Duster posted:

You're not even trying anymore. Are you turning into an IS or IC now? What happened to givin people the Straight D?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Snatch dusted again!

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

terrorist ambulance posted:

Gods load out on the wh is the 2h with a master crafted xbow
why not play Kruber at that point :confused: Rapier and a brace all the way.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Ravenfood posted:

You mean rapier and repeater pistol right? Nothing like blowing through 80 bullets in 30 seconds

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious

Ravenfood posted:

Presumably because Kruber can't get a crossbow

Also you guys are both half correct. Rapier and crossbow is the way to go.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm rather partial to Melee Weapon and Ranged Weapon myself.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Except the repeater pistol, what a sad piece of poo poo.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Chomp8645 posted:

i got an orange repeater with quick reload, more ammo, and knockback

waiting for that repeater buff

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Chomp8645 posted:

The fact it's useless compared to the brace of pistols is irrelevant, what matters is you can use all your ammo 30 seconds into the level and proceed to snatch up every ammo drop after saying "Sorry, I've got no ammo".

Also I still can't believe I played this game for like a week before I realised the witch hunter rapier has its own ranged attack.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Kitchner posted:

The fact it's useless compared to the brace of pistols is irrelevant, what matters is you can use all your ammo 30 seconds into the level and proceed to snatch up every ammo drop after saying "Sorry, I've got no ammo".

Alternately you could fire one shot and pick them up because if you're doing that what do you care?

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.

Kitchner posted:

Also I still can't believe I played this game for like a week before I realised the witch hunter rapier has its own ranged attack.

Wut?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

When you press the "special attack" button with the rapier the witch hunter fires a pistol in his left hand totally unrelated to the brace of pistols he starts with.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.
It's the only weapon that uses special attack, I think.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Its damage also doesn't scale with the color of the rapier so it's kind of pants.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
The special attack button is also what zooms in your view if you have a ranged weapon with hawk eye or whatever it's called.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
grudge raker is fun as hell to shoot rats with. is it at all viable on higher difficulties with a blue/orange?

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Chair In A Basket posted:

grudge raker is fun as hell to shoot rats with. is it at all viable on higher difficulties with a blue/orange?

It's viable, especially with the right traits (fast loading, increased magazine, penetration, targeteer), but it costs you 1 of 2 great sniper options. If other people have the long ranged sniper roles covered, sure, go for it.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Last Transmission posted:

I missed orange drakefires by one today. The first I've seen on the loot ladder, even. And I got blue daggers instead. :(
That a. don't have good abilities and (aren't drakefires) b. holy poo poo, I can't deal with single target only melee weapons, at all. Though the rapier is fine because it's fast attack is good at keeping groups at bay.

My first blue roll was drake pistols and now I never want to play any class besides dwarf

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
I don't even know what drake fires look like on the board. The one time I thought I got drake fires they were, I believe, the brace of pistols for the WH.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Trudis posted:

The special attack button is also what zooms in your view if you have a ranged weapon with hawk eye or whatever it's called.

But if it's a trueflight bow that didn't have a zoom in the first place it's back to a useless button that does nothing.
Seriously don't buy extra zoom on a weapon that doesn't have a zoom.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf
My first blue the other night was a repeater with 30% ammo (104 rounds/13 full clip nukes that killed pretty much everything at a not terribly difficult to aim full sight range*) and 6% bloodlust (10% heal on kill)

Left click isn't really worth the ammo unless cleaning up an explosion at range. Mainly because teammates will get most of the kills unless you're sniping at grunts.

Right click at the heads in the middle of dense swarms for multiple kills and a decent shot at a heal.

Right click(immediately spam left click while holding if you need multiple shots for crowds/Roger) if it'll kill a Special (on Hard). Doesn't really seem worth headshotting single Stormvermin through.

Now I just need to hope for a prettier pokin' stick :ese:

* Do any projectile weapons have a range limit of note?

RubberBands Hurt fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Nov 13, 2015

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think the game has just decided my Bardin should be immune to death. I keep rolling near max on all his heal weapons.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

berserking/targeteer/stability drakefires

you can get stability on those things, i'm living proof

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Are dwarf shields just plain better at clearing waves of rats than soldier shields?

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Did Nightmare Horn yesterday. Two with tomes died holding out at the top. After freeing them they all ran back up the stairs to get their tomes back. The hatch closed and they were stuck. Game spawns about one rat a minute.

I wish I could say I got out on my own after they agreed to just let the rat kill them, but I got jumped by a Gutter Runner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I do feel like they've upped the spawn of unique mobs. In the Sewers now about half of all groups have a Stormvermin along whereas they definitely didn't before.

I wouldn't say it makes that much difference to difficulty but it does mean you're more likely to get unlucky and have a Roger drop in when you're fighting a patrol.

Also the first gate in the sewers drops down much more slowly than it did before.

• Locked thread