Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

It's loving trash and you're also trash!

I'm convinced. No one in this thread will ever like anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
So how about that Carls Jr, huh?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

WarpedNaba posted:

It's the main attraction in Palmerston North

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

It's loving trash and you're also trash!
we have officially found the worst opinion

Peanut Piston 4 lyf

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Garbage sorry. Used to like it because of the value and quality benefits vs wendies, mcd's and the like but then realised it does, in fact, taste like poo poo and their fries are crap. You just get more volume of poo poo food per dollar which, admittedly, has it's benefits.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Sorry ExZippo, peanut and/or satay on a burger is great. You're legit wrong.

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

mirthdefect posted:

when it first opened people were lined up down the street

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Brain In A Jar posted:

Sorry ExZippo, peanut and/or satay on a burger is great. You're legit wrong.

You can eat whatever garbage you want when you pay for it, but I paid for a burger that I wanted and got something I didn't want.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Slavvy posted:

Garbage sorry. Used to like it because of the value and quality benefits vs wendies, mcd's and the like but then realised it does, in fact, taste like poo poo and their fries are crap. You just get more volume of poo poo food per dollar which, admittedly, has it's benefits.

Why are you shoveling garbage fast food of any kind into your mouth anyway? What kind of example is that for the children?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
New MP asks to be invited to event, then it gets covered up

quote:

Housing officials have tried to hide information showing list MP Parmjeet Parmar asked to be part of a housing roadshow to improve her chances at a future by-election.

But in an apparent oversight an uncut version of an internal email has been released to Labour MP Kris Faafoi disclosing the National MP's plan.

The email from Building and Housing Minister Nick Smith's private secretary to Housing NZ states: "Parmjeet Parmar has also expressed a strong interest in hosting a roadshow as she is keen to raise local profile in Mt Roskill in case of a by-election." A by-election in the seat could be triggered by the resignation of sitting MP Phil Goff, who has all but confirmed he will seek the Auckland mayoralty. The email goes on to say Parmar is "keen to support the Maungakiekie event with billboards and letters in Mt Roskill."

It notes Onehunga would be a good location "as it is close to the boundary with Mt Roskill".

But in three other versions of the email contained in the released information the reasons for Parmar's interest in being at the KiwiSaver Homestart roadshow have been blacked out. Officials said the reasons for the redaction was because it was "out of scope" of Faafoi's request, They also cited the Official Information Act provision that allows information to be withheld to protect "the free and frank expression of opinions by or between or to Ministers of the Crown or members of an organisation or officers and employees of any department or organisation in the course of their duty".

Slavvy posted:

Where is this mythical beast of rational political discourse? People (on the internet anyway) keep talking about it as if it's a thing that actually exists but all politics everywhere appear to be and appear to always have been just a bunch of people shouting irrational poo poo toward eachother.

Like is there a country where parliament (or equivalent thereof) actually works as intended, with people debating their views and compromising on policy and poo poo? I have never seen evidence that such a thing can even happen; indeed the very nature of human beings seems to make it unlikely if not totally impossible.

What you posted looks identical to every political argument I've ever seen regardless of nation, policy or the people involved.

Partisans have always backed their guy ofc, but it's relatively new that the truth straight up doesn't matter. Politicians have always lied but it no longer matters when they get found out. As long as you can control the narrative for a few days by e.g. refusing to release numbers of offences, people who aren't paying close attention are going to think that the people on Xmas are prisoners serving their time rather than ex cons largely being detained because of retrospective legislation.

Like, Key screaming "you back the rapists" doesn't even make sense in the context of the rest of his answer, it was a soundbite designed to fit in the 2-3 seconds of question time that gets shown on the 6:00 news. gently caress!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wandle Cax posted:

Why are you shoveling garbage fast food of any kind into your mouth anyway? What kind of example is that for the children?

Cause sometimes you and your missus both get home really late after having godawful and lengthy days at work and you just can't be hosed cooking something when you've spent eleven hours on your feet doing garbage mundane head-grinding poo poo for dumb cunts and worse money. BTW you're also poor so you have like a twenty dollar limit based on your weekly budget of not starving to death whilst paying for petrol and food et al.

It's a bit better now so I get to eat burger fuel as a treat because I spent some time working on a profitable motorbike tonight. And it isn't utterly terrible subpar garbage glued together with spit (the food, the bike obv is). Sweet!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Exclamation Marx posted:

Like, Key screaming "you back the rapists" doesn't even make sense in the context of the rest of his answer, it was a soundbite designed to fit in the 2-3 seconds of question time that gets shown on the 6:00 news. gently caress!

Ok, I understand. My thinking is:

Statistically, forums moderator Exclamation Marx is not extraordinarily unique in these views. I feel this way and lots of people surely feel this way out there in the real world. What I don't understand is why people who think this way make any effort to engage with/within the political system when the problem is the system itself and the only way to fix it is to dismantle it externally. Why try to construct any form of rational discourse when the substance of said discourse is largely irrelevant and everything hinges on outsmarting the opposition's media driven self-promotion campaign. It's a big elaborate game you win by being more cunning, ruthless and blatant in your manipulation of the truth and conning amazingly large crowds of (of intelligent) people, and the prize is getting to gently caress with the fates of a nation (sweet!). If it has nothing to do with the truth and the truth has no effect on changing things, why bother trying anything reasonable or honest instead of just getting out the molotovs or something?

I don't feel strongly about this stuff or anything, I'm just saying this because I try to understand how society and people work and in this particular case I just Don't Get It.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

For some reason the desire for a compassionate and just society for all are not always compatible with the need for violent and bloody revolution against a democratically elected government, so sometimes you just have to work inside the system and hopefully improve it little by little even if only by staving off capitalism's inevitable descent into merchant fiefdoms for just one more year.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
I think there's a hope that the genie can be put back in the bottle (at least partly)

Ghostlight posted:

For some reason the desire for a compassionate and just society for all are not always compatible with the need for violent and bloody revolution against a democratically elected government, so sometimes you just have to work inside the system and hopefully improve it little by little even if only by staving off capitalism's inevitable descent into merchant fiefdoms for just one more year.

:yeah:

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

Nice liberalism.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Probably the wrong place to ask, by why has everyone got Microsoft mascots for avatars

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

WarpedNaba posted:

Probably the wrong place to ask, by why has everyone got Microsoft mascots for avatars

The default avatar (Stupid Newbie, etc.) keeps being changed; this is the latest iteration.

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

The Sin of Onan posted:

The default avatar (Stupid Newbie, etc.) keeps being changed; this is the latest iteration.

I keep being surprised by it. Maybe it's time I got myself an actual avatar.

Also John Key sucks and how much longer is it before he leaves?

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

mirthdefect posted:

Nah man we got like windmills and poo poo.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
The Carl's Jr jalapeno burger is incredibly good.
Burgerfuel is ok, gone a bit downhill in quality and is a bit of a Hell's Pizza situation, only as good as the franchise owner.

The best fast food is Texas Chicken.

Fast food chat is less depressing than politics

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Carl's Jr is a bit too expensive now especially their speciality burgers. The new hotness for me is Sal's New York style pizza. It is so decadent. It blows all other pizzas away. They are simple pizzas but what they do they do extremely well.

bobbilljim posted:

Fast food chat is less depressing than politics
This.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

"Don't try to engage with the system because the system as a whole is hosed" is ultimately just advocating inaction or apathy. Like unless you're actually out there with your rebel group.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Save the planet, kill yourself.

Food chat, Better Burger is bested only by Burger Burger.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Ghostlight posted:

Food chat, Better Burger is bested only by Burger Burger.

Truth. Better Burger's Double Cheeseburger with an added mushroom is extremely my poo poo.
Murder burger is pretty good too.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Burger Liquor is where it is at

Jalapeno poppers, curly fries, alcoholic milkshakes and turducken burg

How long until we find out that John Key raped and murdered someone just to see if he could get away with it

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Somfin posted:

Burger Liquor is where it is at

Jalapeno poppers, curly fries, alcoholic milkshakes and turducken burg

How long until we find out that John Key raped and murdered someone just to see if he could get away with it

Burger Liquor is the worst poo poo in the land. More expensive than Burger Fuel for half the burger. If they didn't sell booze I'm pretty sure they'd have no customers at all.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

To my very great surprise the media may actually be coming down opposed on this one
http://m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11544425
Comparing key to trump is a pretty big deal by our standards

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
New Zealand Politics Megathread: assault, despair, burgers

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

New Zealand Politics Megathread: assault, despair, burgers

Sounds like my usual Friday nights.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

Sounds like my usual Friday nights.

You must live in massey

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Milford, but close enough.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

If you don't have the burgers it would be Greymouth.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Milford, but close enough.

Milford is a piece of poo poo suburb populated largely by fossils waiting to die FYI.

fong posted:

"Don't try to engage with the system because the system as a whole is hosed" is ultimately just advocating inaction or apathy. Like unless you're actually out there with your rebel group.

That's the conundrum, d'y'see. Because poor people tend to be busy with jobs and other life stuff so they haven't really got the time to engage in politics or join rebel groups (unless poo poo is really, really bad obviously) yet those people are the ones who get shafted the worst by the ruling classes.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Milford is a piece of poo poo suburb populated largely by fossils waiting to die FYI.

The Devonport-to-Takapuna Lake Road area of the North Shore is where all the action is. gently caress all y'all north of Hurstmere Rd.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Hey, my nan lives in Milford!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Hey, my nan lives in Milford!

Maybe your nan should move to a proper North Shore fossil suburb, like Hauraki.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You can't just make up suburbs simply because you don't want to be part of Belmont or Takapuna.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Woo-hoo! I'm starting a new job in Ellerslie come Monday. Admittedly it's only till the day before Xmas, but it's some sweet cash in my pocket.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

gently caress all y'all north of Hurstmere Rd.the harbour bridge.

Fixed. The shore has nothing to recommend it and is like a lovely watered down version of normal Auckland flavour. Diet Auckland, if you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The North Shore beaches are amazing.

• Locked thread