Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The Garbage Dick avatars blended in to Awful's dark layout really well and Bonzi Buddy stands out like a sore thumb. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The Bonzi Buddy avs aren't even funny, they're just kinda stupid monkey-cheese random.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Problem solved.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Related, I had an av all edited to foist on someone in the Warframe thread but it's on the old computers hard drive and I can't be assed either to transfer it over or hunt that image down again to edit it again :effort:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Related, I had an av all edited to foist on someone in the Warframe thread but it's on the old computers hard drive and I can't be assed either to transfer it over or hunt that image down again to edit it again :effort:

Holy poo poo. :allears: I continue to struggle with making thanks sound sincere over the internet.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Glad you like it :v: I couldn't sleep anyway and figured I'd try to hunt it down again. Couldn't find the image I'd used before, but I like this end result better anyway.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

nexus6 posted:

Problem solved.

Except I pretty much need avatars to keep people straight. Must easier to glance at an avatar than to have to read a name.

There really should be an option to just turn off Newbie avatars.

I guess after Lowtax doesn't make enough money to fix DB3, he can try to not make enough money to add that feature.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Except I pretty much need avatars to keep people straight. Must easier to glance at an avatar than to have to read a name.

There really should be an option to just turn off Newbie avatars.

I guess after Lowtax doesn't make enough money to fix DB3, he can try to not make enough money to add that feature.

If you have like uBlock you can just right click them and block element. Pretty sure they're all from the same source so that should work.

Guessing you phone post a lot and this won't help because of course it won't. I still haven't done this because then I won't be able to differentiate them from the folk who legit don't have avatars at all.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

DrBouvenstein posted:

I either don't care too much about who individual SA posters are or use the SALR extension to highlight individual posters. Beats looking at the dumb newbie avs or anime/cat avs all the time.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

nexus6 posted:

I either don't care too much about who individual SA posters are or use the SALR extension to highlight individual posters. Beats looking at the dumb newbie avs or anime/cat avs all the time.

But how are we to distinguish that you aren't actually named after the nexus 6 then? sure you posted about it, but if you had a unique av, we would know it was you and not someone else with a similar name.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My ISP now offers a faster and cheaper plan than what I currently have, but apparently the only way to change it is calling them, and there's always a long wait on hold. I can't be bothered to wait 5 minutes on the phone :negative:

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Guy behind me in the bus terminal has a cold and keeps snorting mucus backwards into his throat.

It's not gonna go anywhere unless you blow your nose, you gross dummy.

The sound is revolting and I have to hear it every thirty seconds

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

mamelon posted:

Guy behind me in the bus terminal has a cold and keeps snorting mucus backwards into his throat.

This post doesn't count, bus terminals are the Third World.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I was looking at a bunch of stuff on eBay and had figured out what I wanted and was just about to buy it when the site stopped working.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Getting some amazing sleep only to have it interrupted by one of my two dog vomiting then not being able to fall back asleep.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Some cheapskate fuckhead decided it would be a fantastic idea to save a buck by telling our ISP to limit us to 150GB/month and the throttled speeds are so slow that such intensive acts of internet usage like logging in to things and posting time out. (Not an exaggeration, I'm posting this with mobile data)

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I want to play Fallout 4 and watch a charity livestream, but Fallout doesn't cooperate with dual-monitors.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

A thread I'm catching up on is on page 2 of my bookmarks, and there's no next button on mobile, I have to select it from a finicky iPhone scrolling list and that wastes a second or two.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I want to play Fallout 4 and watch a charity livestream, but Fallout doesn't cooperate with dual-monitors.

It works fine on 2 for me. Might just be a settings thing.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

drgnwr1 posted:

Getting some amazing sleep only to have it interrupted by one of my two dog vomiting then not being able to fall back asleep.

My mom woke me in a panic about 930pm last night (I went to bed at 5pm to be up by 1am) screaming that a cat had knocked over one of my snake cages. What she really meant to say was one of HER cats knocked one of my baby snake totes about 30* to the side. So I get up, deal with her, find all the snakes fine, and can't get back to sleep for the next loving 5 hours. I had to call out sick to work because I could barely keep my eyes open at 3am. And now my mom is angry that I'm pissed she woke me for no reason. Or at the very least, she could have MOVED the loving tote back 30* and let me sleep.

Having savings bonds I need to cash and no local bank or credit union will do it.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
When I got my new apartment I didn't realize granite counter-tops would have so many loving rules. Guess I need to buy some sorta sealant so I don't have to worry as much, but that's like 2 things I have to do: buy a thing, and then use it. Like I'm some sorta goddamned wizard.

I also didn't get any sleep because I stayed up playing Fallout 4 to the point I was like "well if I don't go to sleep right now, I won't wake up when the alarm clocks go off" but then I get a tornado warning thing on my phone app deal that local news agrees with so I had to go wait in the pseudo-basement for a half hour hoping the big bad wolf wouldn't huff and puff and blow the apartment building down. I then got a text message alert at 4:44 am saying there was a tornado warning until 4:45 am...thanks for the heads up?

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

mamelon posted:

Oh my god. There was a guy in my class who would NEVER blow his nose. So every lecture I had with him, for three years, SNRRRRK.... SNNRRRRK... I was on friendly enough terms with him to offer him a box of kleenex, and he would always say "nope, it only goes one way hurr hurr" What a disgusting rear end in a top hat.

My FWP lately is that my new house, while beautiful and largely awesome, has very little built-in storage. Both bathrooms only have the sink console and no proper storage or shelving. Closets are just tiny empty rooms. So I have been buying a fuckton of shelving units and storage furniture. But to get quality furniture that isn't glued sawdust, it is $100-$300 per unit. It feels like playing the sims, starting out with bare cube rooms and filling them as I get paid.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Reheated leftover pizza in the box so as not to dirty any plates. Now some cheese has melted and hardened onto the cardboard so I cant get it off without pieces of cardboard stuck to it.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

drgnwr1 posted:

Reheated leftover pizza in the box so as not to dirty any plates. Now some cheese has melted and hardened onto the cardboard so I cant get it off without pieces of cardboard stuck to it.

The trick is buying pizza greasy enough to self-lubricate itself off the cardboard.

Today's FWP: it's 35°c today and I have to walk up a small incline to get back to the train station. It takes me maybe ten minutes at most. I'm probably going to die (I am a fat).

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My friend had an odd one today.

There was a frog in his toilet. Little 2" rainfrog. Just, chillin in the bowl on the side.

Luckily he found out before he peed on it, or worse, had a frog land on his nuts if he sat down.

First I've heard of something like that, but god help me all I could think of was :frogout:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

My friend had an odd one today.

There was a frog in his toilet. Little 2" rainfrog. Just, chillin in the bowl on the side.

Luckily he found out before he peed on it, or worse, had a frog land on his nuts if he sat down.

First I've heard of something like that, but god help me all I could think of was :frogout:

Stray frogs in the toilet are the least first world thing in this thread.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
The butt warmer in my car doesn't last long enough, I have to keep hitting the switch. Like it's some kind of safety so I don't burn my butt or something? You know what, car, I'll tell YOU when I've had enough. Jesus Christ.

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

Roleplaying Dad posted:

The butt warmer in my car doesn't last long enough, I have to keep hitting the switch. Like it's some kind of safety so I don't burn my butt or something? You know what, car, I'll tell YOU when I've had enough. Jesus Christ.

AND the OBD 2 software I bought for my new car doesn't have Oil pressure or Temperature so now I have to rely on the dashboard gauge until I can find a way to manually add them. I could buy different software but I really like Torque and don't want to change.

MariusLecter posted:

This post doesn't count, bus terminals are the Third World.

Twat Nosferatu has a new favorite as of 18:17 on Nov 18, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Trying to search and fill out job applications at the local library but the internet shits itself cause there are two goony fuckers that show up and stream/download loving anime.

loving unreal.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Some of my friends are being extremely dumb on Facebook regarding the whole Paris attacks and ISIS thing :cripes:

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Ordered food and I got the notification that the driver is on his way but it's been like 30 minutes. Where are you man, my food's getting cold.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Driving to my parents tomorrow for Thanksgiving, but it is 700 miles away. Means it will take all Wed and Sun to drive there and back.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I built a pretty good gaming PC last month and I already want to upgrade to this GTX 980Ti/Skylake i7/AIO Cooler/Full SSD overkill build that costs twice as much. I guess it's true that future proofing is impossible. :negative:

I should really unsubscribe from the PC parts picking thread.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Neo_Crimson posted:

I built a pretty good gaming PC last month and I already want to upgrade to this GTX 980Ti/Skylake i7/AIO Cooler/Full SSD overkill build that costs twice as much. I guess it's true that future proofing is impossible. :negative:

I should really unsubscribe from the PC parts picking thread.

With the way PC gaming has stagnated, going all out is really pointless. Half of my gear is either mid-range or 3 years old and can run new games at either highest, near to highest graphics settings.

I guess my first world problem is how console gaming has held back the PC master race for years now.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

With the way PC gaming has stagnated, going all out is really pointless. Half of my gear is either mid-range or 3 years old and can run new games at either highest, near to highest graphics settings.

I guess my first world problem is how console gaming has held back the PC master race for years now.

My related FWP is, I only have 1 PC Master Race T-Shirt

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

My wallet won't shut because there's too much money in it.

Also because it's kind of a lovely wallet that I really need to replace soon, but the cash doesn't help.

Also I can't seem to find a wallet I like enough to replace it with :argh:

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Hopefully, the dawn of consumer VR will fix this.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My chocolate fountain was clogged last night because I got drunk on $300 whiskey and threw all the spare hundred dollars bills in my lounge at it.

Now one of my house boys must spend the afternoon siphoning warm Belgian chocolate so it is ready for tonight's gala. For every mouthful of chocolate he takes, I dock his pay.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

HOLY gently caress posted:

My wallet won't shut because there's too much money in it.

Also because it's kind of a lovely wallet that I really need to replace soon, but the cash doesn't help.

Also I can't seem to find a wallet I like enough to replace it with :argh:

I never carry cash but similarly I cannot find a wallet I like. I had a Mighty Wallet (Tyvek paper wallet), but it looked horrible after 3 years, so now I'm back to my old leather wallet.

Despite having a newish gaming PC and running poo poo amazingly I super dislike the "pc master race" stuff. Mainly because anytime it comes up in earnest someone mentions all the tweaks that have to be made for games at launch in ini files and driver updates and poo poo, and the "pc master race" denies that's a thing. We all know very well that the majority of the time it's a thing, just admit it and argue that at least there's an option to fix poo poo that's not in the game's native settings or whatever. Also some games are better enjoyed from the couch, especially anything with local multiplayer, as rare as that seems to be these days, and no, not everyone has a PC in their living room like a loving weirdo (I do, but I'm a loving weirdo).

Which reminds me, I have too many computers/laptops and don't know what to do with them all. I wanna say the number is 5?...no, no it's 6. Seven if a Raspberry Pi counts.

I don't know what to do with my Raspberry Pi.

Oh yeah, Amazon delayed the delivery of my Roomba by a loving day. A whole day!

Brightman has a new favorite as of 23:01 on Nov 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Someone on the street looked at me.