Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

FeyerbrandX posted:

Not sure of the source, but someone slapped Seymour's head on The Master's handy cloak from Manos: The Hands of Fate.

Less that I slapped Seymour's head on The Master's cloak and more that I MS painted a crappy Master's cloak over Seymour's character art. :v:

Because it's Tromell's job to take care of the place while the Maester is away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Suddenly the guados weird huge-hands make much more sense.

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

Exhibition C: Colgate white smile

W.T. Fits posted:

Less that I slapped Seymour's head on The Master's cloak and more that I MS painted a crappy Master's cloak over Seymour's character art. :v:

Because it's Tromell's job to take care of the place while the Maester is away.

"Final Fantasy X! God of primal blitzball physics! As thou has decreed so have I done. The hairs of fate have doomed this man. Thy newsletter is done!"

Variant_Eris fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 13, 2015

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
I cannot believe Tidus got robbed by that clown Cloud.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

For those wondering what the hell TDI is talking about, I think he means the announcement that Cloud is gonna be in Smash Bros :v:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

The Dark Id posted:

Can't find the picture of sexually-frustrated grumpy Tidus from TDI's picture summary of the post-X-2 official fanfiction.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

The Dark Id posted:

At least it wasn't Lightning. The pink-haired block of wood designed to mimic Cloud in the most shallow way possible.

I'd still rather fight as her since her gun/sword would be more fun than Cloud's surfboard on a stick.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
That whole session just made my freaking day. Particularly the part where Dragon Quest 7 AND 8 3DS are both finally coming to America. I've been waiting nearly 3 drat years for the former. And so much other cool stuff. What a time to be alive.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Geostomp posted:

At least it wasn't Lightning. The pink-haired block of wood designed to mimic Cloud in the most shallow way possible.

I'd still rather fight as her since her gun/sword would be more fun than Cloud's surfboard on a stick.

This is true, but that big-rear end sword would make a very satisfying improvised baseball bat for Smash attacks, you must admit.

E: oh poo poo, new 3DS games? I need to hurry up and finish Persona Q then...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I hope they give Cloud his motorcycle from the dumb movie and the other Compilation stuff and let him use it exactly like Wario's.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
2016 is absurdly stacked with jrpgs. Like, probably the most since like peak ps2 days.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tae posted:

2016 is absurdly stacked with jrpgs. Like, probably the most since like peak ps2 days.

I hadn't realized. What are we looking at? The only one that leaps to mind is FFXV. Nier 2 isn't supposed to be '16, right?

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Spiritus Nox posted:

I hadn't realized. What are we looking at? The only one that leaps to mind is FFXV. Nier 2 isn't supposed to be '16, right?

We're looking at quite a bit. In addition to those you mentioned, we're getting DQ7 and 8 (as I mentioned), a new Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts 3, Persona 5, Disgaea 5, Xenoblade, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Dark Souls 3... so much cool poo poo.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Bufuman posted:

We're looking at quite a bit. In addition to those you mentioned, we're getting DQ7 and 8 (as I mentioned), a new Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts 3, Persona 5, Disgaea 5, Xenoblade, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Dark Souls 3... so much cool poo poo.

...Goddamn, how did I forget about Persona, Xenoblade, and Dark Souls? Wow, next year's gonna be dope. Between that and how good this year's been as far as game releases, I'm gonna hit January of 2017 and wonder how the hell games even survived 2014, after what a wasteland that was.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Bufuman posted:

The Fire Emblem is 3, separate full games. Mass Effect and Kingdom Hearts don't have official release dates iirc, neither does Nier 2.

You're also missing Star Ocean 5, Bravely Second, Dragon's Dogma (PC), Dragon Quest Warriors (PC), and Americans strategy fans get Xcom 2.

All the strategy and rpgs.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
mass effect counts as a jrpg now?

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Part of me legitimately sighed at Cloud in Smash Bros.

The other part acknowledged that I'm a Marth/Lucina main so I'll probably end up giving him a shot.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Schwartzcough posted:

Can't find the picture of sexually-frustrated grumpy Tidus from TDI's picture summary of the post-X-2 official fanfiction.

Just went and found that post real quick, do you mean this one?

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Tae posted:

The Fire Emblem is 3, separate full games. Mass Effect and Kingdom Hearts don't have official release dates iirc, neither does Nier 2.

You're also missing Star Ocean 5, Bravely Second, Dragon's Dogma (PC), Dragon Quest Warriors (PC), and Americans strategy fans get Xcom 2.

All the strategy and rpgs.

I frikkin' knew I was missing some. I basically just slapped "2016 rpg releases" into Google and checked the first list that came up. And Star Ocean and Bravely Second were on that list so it's a gently caress-up for me anyway.

EDIT:

Id, you continue to be the best.

Bufuman fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 13, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

A work of art

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Bufuman posted:

Just went and found that post real quick, do you mean this one?

That's the one!

Amazing.

Tactless Ogre
Oct 31, 2011

I will save and use this like a bandit.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

God bless you

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Derek Barona posted:

Part of me legitimately sighed at Cloud in Smash Bros.

Probably because Cloud is pretty much the go to for marketing Final Fantasy.

"Buy XIII-3 and you can dress Lightning up like Cloud!"

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Crossposting from the FFVII LP Thread:

Rooreelooo posted:

It looks like the midgar stage will feature a load of FFVII summons as well, and they look rad as gently caress:

odin

ramuh

leviathan

ifrit

bahamut

The smash bros series has a good track record for doing justice to third party series, and it looks like this will be no exception.

RIP king dedede for getting bisected by Odin's zantetsuken

:allears:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Can't wait to see Kaine and Caim in a future release.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
What would Caim's Final Smash be? Summoning the Mother Grotesquerie down to smite someone like Wario? Or would Angelus just roast Bowser down with fire and general bitchiness?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

HR12345 posted:

What would Caim's Final Smash be? Summoning the Mother Grotesquerie down to smite someone like Wario? Or would Angelus just roast Bowser down with fire and general bitchiness?

Caim's Final Smash is him coming out of the TV/3DS and murdering everyone playing the game. Doesn't get more "Final" than that.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
That Mega Flare is hella awesome, I'll tell you that.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Kirby with Cloud's hair is going to be adorably hilarious. :3:

Simply amazing. :allears:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

That Mega Flare is hella awesome, I'll tell you that.

Tera Flare. That's Bahamut Zero.

Iraeviel
Feb 28, 2015

dis astranagant posted:

Tera Flare. That's Bahamut Zero.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

I might have just gone blind with greatness.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

...Welp, I'll never sleep again.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Throw in a gas mask to complete the trifecta.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I only just spotted Kirby and I kind of died.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Cloud, this is why they tell you to read the fine print.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Kirby works way better than he should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Spiritus Nox posted:

I only just spotted Kirby and I kind of died.

:eyepop:

• Locked thread