Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
we truly live in a strange age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

here's a janky gif for all of yous

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I guess that's what happens when you let the Internet vote on who they want in Smash :stare:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm feeling pretty good about this turn of events

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

axleblaze posted:

I guess that's what happens when you let the Internet vote on who they want in Smash :stare:

It probably didn't even come from the vote, Final Fantasy has made a tremendous amount of sense to include ever since they opened the door to third party franchises (huge hits on Nintendo platforms, beloved nostalgic franchise, characters who easily lend themselves to a fighting game but aren't M-rated or tonally inappropriate to Smash), and for better or worse Cloud is the most iconic Final Fantasy character and instantly recognizable even to people who don't like the series

Please look forward to it!

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v_MdaIHOtk

Cloud and Ryu can fight each other now. Video games you guys.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

This is a great day for gaming.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i played the indivisible prototype up to the final boss and died. the fighting system is cool i guess but every enemy has too much health for some reason and you can't heal unless you have meter which sort of sucks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's funny cos FF7 ending up on PS1 was one of the early N64 death knells

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Zombies' Downfall posted:

It probably didn't even come from the vote, Final Fantasy has made a tremendous amount of sense to include ever since they opened the door to third party franchises (huge hits on Nintendo platforms, beloved nostalgic franchise, characters who easily lend themselves to a fighting game but aren't M-rated or tonally inappropriate to Smash), and for better or worse Cloud is the most iconic Final Fantasy character and instantly recognizable even to people who don't like the series

Please look forward to it!

The irony being Final Fantasy VII's infamous development history with the N64. Cloud's only been in the spinoffs on Nintendo platforms. At least Twin Snakes [and uh the original(ish) Metal Gear and Ghost Babel) was a thing when Snake showed up.

Not that this isn't cool, just kinda funny.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

i played the indivisible prototype up to the final boss and died. the fighting system is cool i guess but every enemy has too much health for some reason and you can't heal unless you have meter which sort of sucks

Not to sound :smug: but you just sort of need to play better. If your combing attacks right you'll be juggling enemies which both drains their bad really quickly and builds up your meter. You can't just attack when the meters ready in any order. You have to figure out how the attacks interact and how you can best combine them.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

It trashed me once or twice, but the idea is to always save one of the caster's action bars and make sure you only heal as you're about to go on the offensive, otherwise you'll be left with enemies attacking you while you're unable to guard.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Discount Viscount posted:

The irony being Final Fantasy VII's infamous development history with the N64. Cloud's only been in the spinoffs on Nintendo platforms. At least Twin Snakes [and uh the original(ish) Metal Gear and Ghost Babel) was a thing when Snake showed up.

the closest thing that the N64 got to a final fantasy game with this tech demo that was done on an SGI Onyx:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPO7c_XmesU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Discount Viscount posted:

Yeah, just the only alternative would be them picking a generic Black Mage or Cecil or Terra or something which would also be cool but which obviously wouldn't move DLC and cause peoples' heads to explode the same way

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

axleblaze posted:

Not to sound :smug: but you just sort of need to play better. If your combing attacks right you'll be juggling enemies which both drains their bad really quickly and builds up your meter. You can't just attack when the meters ready in any order. You have to figure out how the attacks interact and how you can best combine them.

i used combos i only died at the end of a 5-8 minute fight with the boss

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
What if Zelda was a girl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nt_QjpWau8

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 13, 2015

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The 3DS version of HW is gonna be so bad. The Wii U can barely run that game.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The other 3DS Warriors games are alright. Less enemies, but being able to switch to different characters across the battlefield helps prop it up.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

raditts posted:

You should, it's good if you like anything about Dragon Quest games. Before that one the only ones I'd played were the first two on NES years ago.

I don't usually like anything about classic rpg mechanics like roaming around an overview map with random encounters, but people talk so much about 8 that I feel like I should probably play that at some point

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

program666 posted:

I don't usually like anything about classic rpg mechanics like roaming around an overview map with random encounters, but people talk so much about 8 that I feel like I should probably play that at some point

i think they made all enemies visible on map in the 3ds version.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Joe Gillian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v_MdaIHOtk

Cloud and Ryu can fight each other now. Video games you guys.

So Nintendo isn't even pretending that their target audience isn't people in their 20s and 30s anymore.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

t...there's a 3ds version of dq8?

holy fffff

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

isn't that what we're talking about? 7 and 8 for 3ds come out in english next year and heroes comes to pc. that was the news today

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sleeveless posted:

So Nintendo isn't even pretending that their target audience isn't people in their 20s and 30s anymore.

I mean, if that's how you're gonna take a character addition to Smash Bros, sure I guess.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mr. Game and Watch proves that Nintendo is completely out of touch.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I absolutely need that Fire Emblem Fates special edition

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Real hurthling! posted:

I only used that mechanic as a example but there is so much more. Mana Khemia is a similar game (to something like ff7) but every mechanic is so much better in pretty much every way, the addition of quick button presses on the turn based combat is probably my favorite thing.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ekster posted:

This is a great day for gaming.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Every day is a great day for gaming :cool:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

axleblaze posted:

Every day is a great day for gaming :cool:

oh poo poo

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Sleeveless posted:

they're an anime game company, what do you expect?

and besides, outside of stuff like skylanders or the lego games all games are aimed at 35 year old manchildren anyways

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 13, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, Nintendo put up over 15 gigs in optional installs to make Xenoblade run better when it comes out. While it's cool they're doing that for people that are getting the disc version, 15 gigs is a whole lot of space on a Wii U. Ah well, while there was some unplayed stuff I got rid of (mainly stuff I got as freebies when Club Nintendo was a thing), it was nothing I can't go back to later.

I also suppose I should get around to finishing the original Xenoblade...such a good game but there's just an overwhelming amount of stuff to do.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
everything nintendo announced today is awesome ^_^

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

axleblaze posted:

Man, Nintendo put up over 15 gigs in optional installs to make Xenoblade run better when it comes out. While it's cool they're doing that for people that are getting the disc version, 15 gigs is a whole lot of space on a Wii U. Ah well, while there was some unplayed stuff I got rid of (mainly stuff I got as freebies when Club Nintendo was a thing), it was nothing I can't go back to later.

I also suppose I should get around to finishing the original Xenoblade...such a good game but there's just an overwhelming amount of stuff to do.

can you preload it before you get the game?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

hubris.height posted:

can you preload it before you get the game?

Yes. It's up now under dlc and if you preorder the game itself I think you can preload the whole thing now

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

everything nintendo announced today is awesome ^_^

Twilight Princess HD is pretty underwhelming.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

axleblaze posted:

Yes. It's up now under dlc and if you preorder the game itself I think you can preload the whole thing now

got a special edition on preorder or i'd do it digitally. thanks for the heads up on this.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Destiny is a terrible loot based game.
Gameplay is good, but the game gives you poo poo loot, you are unable to get to the max power level by yourself alone and there is not that much variety in top level weapons. And there is not that much variety in the single player, except the days when the game decides to hold your evening hostage.

Are there any good loot based action games, for PC, PS4, PSVita or PS3? (I already have borderlands: the handsome collection, I might also play that again).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2QARGRBfkw

• Locked thread