Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

MIGF you still sound like a communist in training to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I will make you join the ranks.

Willingly, of course.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Nintendo Kid posted:

Use it in a marinade

That's what the missing 350mL went into. Honestly I haven't drank sake in years, but I think the rest of this bottle is just going to go to waste if I don't drink it.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
It's sake, just drink it.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Soup du Jour posted:

i hope this winter is as bad as 2013's and you freeze in your hobbit-hole

but yes

Soup du Jour --

The statistics are shocking: America has the highest incarceration rate in the world, and Something Awful adheres to trends.

We hold 20% of the world’s prison and probation populations, many for minor, non-violent imfractions.

Thankfully, Lowtax introduced the Platinumn Status Act -- a bipartisan plan to address some of the major flaws in our forums' justice system.

One thing is clear -- our forumns' sentencing system is over-crowded, under-funded, and in dire need of reform.

So Soup du Jour, will you stand with MiGF and tell Lowtax to fix our broken criminal justice system by purchasing MiGF the ability to PM you about how incestuous Brainerd can be today?

Here’s good news: Something Awful has the ability to send 'Private Messages' for 'Platinumn' members, which will reduce penalties for non-violent offenders and juveniles, and allow moderators more discretion.

This PM-enabling status is critical to start righting the wrongs of our moderation justice system, all while keeping our community safe and saving the taxpayers money.

Join MyIGF and demand somebody pass the Sanctioned Posting Act:

Purchase MIGF platinumn today, youbetch!

Would you like a beeeeeeg with that?

You know really loving sucks? Making a commission without bonus off these things

Nah but really, you betcha i'd go drink with DFL'ers, even if it ain't drinkin' outta a beeeeeeeeegggggg

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

My Imaginary GF posted:

So Soup du Jour, will you stand with MiGF and tell Lowtax to fix our broken criminal justice system by purchasing MiGF the ability to PM you about how incestuous Brainerd can be today?

Oh Christ, no one do this, please.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Agreed

In fact, I will openly state now that doing this will make you my new Posting Enemy.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Fargo is both a really amazing movie, a decent TV series, and an acceptable place to go to die.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
Hmmm I do only have 4 posting enemies....

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Tesseraction posted:

MIGF you still sound like a communist in training to me.

Can you translate "communist" to mean "patriotic american"? Especially in a way which resonates with the 99% of the American public who don't serve on boards?

Because right now, a tp younggun of established local money be wanting to give me $$$$ to shield themselves from claims that their policies would have a disproportionate impact upon certain ethnic minority groups. Imagine yourself in my position: do you take the $$$$, or fail to implement actionable field efforts?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Whoever buys migf pms is a solid level troll imo

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
might have to commission yospos to make a script that autodeletes pms from certain users

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

ive missed you

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Disinterested posted:

Whoever buys migf pms is a solid level troll imo

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Hmmm... reading two manga at once while watching an anime. I think I have to find a way to mainline the stuff directly into my veins, auditory and visual consumption has lost its edge.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

what the gently caress why is he back

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Badger of Basra posted:

what the gently caress why is he back

Chat thread was heavy with the weight of sin, so God sent his Scourge.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Hmmm... reading two manga at once while watching an anime. I think I have to find a way to mainline the stuff directly into my veins, auditory and visual consumption has lost its edge.

Ground-up figurines and gunpla, injected into your bloodstream.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

nutranurse posted:

ive missed you

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

i find it amazing you fuckers will accept zoux but not migf

thats like hating mussolini more than hitler

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

migf is a punishment sent from Marx for failing to maintain ideological purity and being tempted by Clinton's neoliberal fruit

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
I hate how sticky rye dough is. It's impossible to get it into a nice ball unless you add copious amounts of apple cider vinegar or some other acid.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

sudo rm -rf posted:

migf is a punishment sent from Marx for failing to maintain ideological purity and being tempted by Clinton's neoliberal fruit

forgive me socialest jesus but i like pant suits and i cannot lie

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
w

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

what are you reading

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nutranurse posted:

i dont accept either

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Literally The Worst posted:

w

what are you reading

Food Wars! and A Method to Make the Gentle World. Neither are standouts, but they're decent enough to kill time with. The anime is Turn A Gundam and it's pretty great, in the same melodramatic antiwar fashion most early Gundams were great.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

nutranurse posted:

One of the few things policy-wise upon which I agree with Jeb Bush: I would kill baby hitler

also imo d&d posters tend not to like evidence based metrics for promotion of social justice when it goes against their idealogical beliefs

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Food Wars! and A Method to Make the Gentle World. Neither are standouts, but they're decent enough to kill time with. The anime is Turn A Gundam and it's pretty great, in the same melodramatic antiwar fashion most early Gundams were great.

i was reading food wars in wsj but then it got to this whole traveling around thing and not a contest and i stopped caring

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

i dont accept either

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

Hi there chatters ;)

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

nutranurse posted:

zoux provides the topic of dadchat discussion more than any other poster

it is a vital function that he serves

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

i was reading food wars in wsj but then it got to this whole traveling around thing and not a contest and i stopped caring

Dickeye have you enrolled in a technical college using subsidised direct financial aid while reinvesting such aid into a Vanguard market index fund or local opportune real estate yet? Because if you are not using student loans to earn a higher rate of return whilst the Feds subsidize your higher educational enrollment, then I am sorry for your opportunity loss. Everyone in America should have the opportunity to be a capitalist, and student loans facilitate such.

Disinterested posted:

Did zoux come out?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Disinterested posted:

that topic usually is "omg zoux shut the gently caress up i hate you"

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

nutranurse posted:

sometimes

with migf that's every time

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

nutranurse posted:

sociologists have found taht having a guy like that around is a net positive for social cohesion

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i mean really we can sub migf in for zoux w/e, just ban the redundant one so we dont have overlapping post-profiles

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

sociologists have found taht having a guy like that around is a net positive for social cohesion

It really is a rallying force

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
migf we're gonna need you to fight zoux to the death to see who gets to be low man on the totem pole

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i mean, youre alraedy a natural when it comes to being close to the ground, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

migf we're gonna need you to fight zoux to the death to see who gets to be low man on the totem pole

well i think technically migf is already the lowest man on the totem pole

GODDAMN IT

• Locked thread