Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mongol swords are superior:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

those are toothpicks. common mistake

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the swords are nice though

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

Mongol swords are superior:

That woman on the left is prepared to use her sword on the photographer if he gets feisty.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Aphrodite posted:

Did you know real katanas are pretty weak and like any European sword can chop them in half?

Katanas can't even melt steel beams.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I got a PS4 a couple weeks ago, and my friend pushed The Order on me. I liked it, but I can definitely see why people would be pissed if they payed full price. Were there any comics, or supplemental stuff that came out or did they just leave a ton of loose ends dangling?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fooley posted:

I got a PS4 a couple weeks ago, and my friend pushed The Order on me. I liked it, but I can definitely see why people would be pissed if they payed full price. Were there any comics, or supplemental stuff that came out or did they just leave a ton of loose ends dangling?

SEQUEL HOOK

Can't have a thing end nowadays

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Fooley posted:

if those things existed would you want to read them?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Awesome! posted:

Whats another couple hours after finishing this in two days?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fooley posted:

Get better friends.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I can understand people getting pressured to play Destiny because of their friends because of the grouping thing, but The Order? I'm so sorry.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Awesome! posted:

Don't you remember a time when the accompanying manual and art was something gamers expected and how it's slow withdrawal from games and move into deluxe edition stuff was something people complained about? I remember.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Fooley posted:

There was an artbook called Blackwater Archives. It has some behind the scenes photos, such as on-site research in England. I don't remember seeing much cut content. The artwork shown was largely chronological from the start of the game to the credits.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Guilty Gear Xrd is legitimately one of the prettiest games ever made.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it has one visual trick that it does really really well. idk that I'd call it one of the prettiest games ever made but when you see what it can do for the first time, it'll blow your mind

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I tried out the Indivisible beta prototype and it's hugely unfun to play. I guess that explains why it won't get funded.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jerry Cotton posted:

I tried out the Indivisible beta prototype and it's hugely unfun to play. I guess that explains why it won't get funded.

i said i didn't like it in another thread having played it straight to the final boss before i ever died and someone told me to get good.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
have you gotten good yet or are you still a suck rear end bitch

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

i said i didn't like it in another thread having played it straight to the final boss before i ever died and someone told me to get good.

Get good games instead is what I say.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

noirstronaut posted:

have you gotten good yet or are you still a suck rear end bitch

bitch for life. the only failure bigger than me is that indiegogo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

All you said was you got to the boss and died, unless you were posting about it in a third thread

That boss was easy though, sorry

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

get good isn't a response to i think the game is bad when i'm pretty good

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

axleblaze posted:

Guilty Gear Xrd is legitimately one of the prettiest games ever made.

It is, although I think the animation in King of Fighters XIII is better. Its loving nuts.

The backgrounds in Xrd are way way better though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I was the guy who said to get good and he said that enemies took to many hits and complained that healing required meter, both of those things aren't really problems if you're good, thus the get good. I'm not even that good but I have a friend that loves the Valkyrie Profile games and I watched him play and once he got the hang of the moves he just annihilated everything he came across quickly and pretty much always had meter.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also the dude didn't even say he didn't like the game in the other thread, just that he had died so it's not like I was actually suggesting that as a response to him not liking the game :shrug:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I haven't touched a Bethesda game since Oblivion and I didn't like that game much either, so maybe I'm just the wrong audience for Bethesda titles, but I got Fallout 4 and I feel so bored playing it. Is it just me or is this the common opinion?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

TaurusOxford posted:

I haven't touched a Bethesda game since Oblivion and I didn't like that game much either, so maybe I'm just the wrong audience for Bethesda titles, but I got Fallout 4 and I feel so bored playing it. Is it just me or is this the common opinion?

Can I buy your copy

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

TaurusOxford posted:

The bad parts of FO4 don't bore me, they frustrate and confuse me.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

I used to feel this way about their titles and was about to give up on Fallout 3 when it suddenly clicked. Once it did I couldn't put it down, but before that I felt the same way you do. Think it had to do with accepting the progression and pace of the game, but it's been a while so I don't know for sure.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

If anyone in this thread still cares about FF VII (or owns a Nintendo system), then they might already be aware that today Cloud was just announced as a DLC character in Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v_MdaIHOtk

This is real.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i can't wait to play as cloud in smash brothers, available on the playstation 4

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Does anyone have copies of GTA V, Far Cry 4, and/or Fallout 4 that they do not want and want to sell to your friend, noirstronaut, from the forum Something Awful.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

who is "cloud"

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

epitasis posted:

who is "cloud"
He's not who he thinks he is, that's for sure.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

noirstronaut posted:

Does anyone have copies of GTA V, Far Cry 4, and/or Fallout 4 that they do not want and want to sell to your friend, noirstronaut, from the forum Something Awful.

I have a PAL copy of GTA V if that freaks your bean...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

I don't think I've been bored for a second so maybe you just aren't the target audience.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Fallout 4 is really fun.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Harlock posted:

Fallout 4 is really fun.

yeah it is

I was a little worried going in because I got pretty tired of the gameplay in new vegasm even tho I liked the writing a lot more than fallout 3 because they were so similar, but I'm not feeling that here yet. definitely haven't found it boring. also exploring is a lot more fun here than the other big, cool open world games released this year. it's pretty much the perfect thing to go into after the witcher, assuming you aren't sick to death of big ol' open world games yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

the truth posted:

If anyone in this thread still cares about FF VII (or owns a Nintendo system), then they might already be aware that today Cloud was just announced as a DLC character in Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v_MdaIHOtk

This is real.

You misspelled Gamecube. Oof. Those graphics.

• Locked thread