Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Timby posted:

Resurrection. Not only does it have Busta Rhymes, it has Busta Rhymes doing kung-fu on Michael Myers.

If the whole movie was done in this same tone it could have been a really fun self-aware sequel. Unfortunately it takes itself fairly seriously other than that one scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Basebf555 posted:

If the whole movie was done in this same tone it could have been a really fun self-aware sequel. Unfortunately it takes itself fairly seriously other than that one scene.

It amazes me to this day that Jamie Lee Curtis, who always seemed to really care about the character of Laurie Strode, agreed to do a full like ten-minute cameo in that movie to get thrown off a roof.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Timby posted:

It amazes me to this day that Jamie Lee Curtis, who always seemed to really care about the character of Laurie Strode, agreed to do a full like ten-minute cameo in that movie to get thrown off a roof.

I think it was an option clause in her contract I believe. She reaaaaaallly hates Resurrection.

Glamorama26 fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 12, 2015

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Basebf555 posted:

Will Smith at some point gave interviews where he spoke openly about his early career and how meticulous he was in crafting his image. I'm sure he realized early on that he would need to appeal to white people if he was going to be a big star, and once he hit on the perfect persona to do that he's been very hesitant to step away from it. Ali was a special case because come on, of course anyone would love to play that role. Pursuit of Happiness is very interesting though, I'd love to learn more about what was going on behind the scenes or in his life that led to him taking that role.

Let's talk about that movie where he kills himself with a jellyfish!

Timby posted:

How many movies did you see her in around that time?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

CPL593H posted:

Let's talk about that movie where he kills himself with a jellyfish!

How many movies did you see her in around that time?

As said she was under contract to do it and apparently agreed so her character would not have to be in any more terrible sequels. She was still working, no way she needed the money that bad. Halloween resurrection is one of the worst films i've ever seen.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wandle Cax posted:

As said she was under contract to do it and apparently agreed so her character would not have to be in any more terrible sequels. She was still working, no way she needed the money that bad. Halloween resurrection is one of the worst films i've ever seen.

Yea as far as how the scene went down she basically demanded that her character be killed off, and she was only contracted for a short cameo so the options were limited.

She gives a drat good performance in H2O though, which I think is actually a pretty overrated movie and really is only watchable because of her presence.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

All this talk about Busta Rhymes and nobody has even said TRICK OR TREAT, MOTHERFUCKER.

That line is the crowning jewel of that film. It's a solid gold diamond.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Bad Boys II leaked out.

Looking good.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I feel like Bad Boys II is visually the most Michael Bay of any of Michael Bay's movies. Maybe worth owning on blu ray for that reason alone.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The opening of Resurrection is actually pretty well done (even if Michael successfully killing Lorie feels wrong.) I love the guy who's obsessed with serial killers going "... And now he's back!"

And then the movie proper starts and I lose all interest.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Maxwell Lord posted:

The opening of Resurrection is actually pretty well done (even if Michael successfully killing Lorie feels wrong.) I love the guy who's obsessed with serial killers going "... And now he's back!"

The idea of Laurie basically lying in wait at the institution for years with this whole plan set up to kill him once and for all was neat because its basically the same thing Michael does before escaping in the original Halloween. Being his sister she has the same almost supernatural patience that he has.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Hannibal Season 3 preorder is only $16.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...T7K4KXQCTL2UEW3

Amazing deal if you don't mind the idea that it isn't coming back for season 4. Comes with Ultraviolet codes too.

Also

Season 1 - $13.22 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...LEUQNP2GEERRIEY
Season 2 - $13.99 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...BOLZ3ANU6COTPTA

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 14, 2015

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Hannibal Season 3 preorder is only $16.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...T7K4KXQCTL2UEW3

Amazing deal if you don't mind the idea that it isn't coming back for season 4. Comes with Ultraviolet codes too.

Also

Season 1 - $13.22 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...LEUQNP2GEERRIEY
Season 2 - $13.99 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...BOLZ3ANU6COTPTA

Son of a bitch. I'd totally do this if it weren't coming out the same day as the Marvel phase 2 set that's eating all my extra money for that month.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

TheJoker138 posted:

Son of a bitch. I'd totally do this if it weren't coming out the same day as the Marvel phase 2 set that's eating all my extra money for that month.

If you have Amazon Prime, they'll probably add Season 3 by the end of the year. That should hold you over until you get more cash :)

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Lost In Space: The Complete Series has dropped down to $74.99 - Really solid drop. I think it was up near $110.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A6SDOPHRJYZFKTT

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
Deal of the day: Mad Men: The Complete Series - $99.99

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (2004 show) - $79.99

Divergent - $8.00

Men In Black Trilogy - $15.00

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
Oooooh poo poo motherfuckers - John Wick BD for $8 at Amazon. I mean, everyone should already own this, but here's your chance for redemption if you've been slacking. Best action movie in years.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Neo_Reloaded posted:

Oooooh poo poo motherfuckers - John Wick BD for $8 at Amazon. I mean, everyone should already own this, but here's your chance for redemption if you've been slacking. Best action movie in years.

The only reason I don't own this is because I watched it about 5 times when it was on HBO GO. I need a few years off. There's a sequel coming eventually isn't there?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

MIB trilogy is showing as 30-something for me.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Xenomrph posted:

MIB trilogy is showing as 30-something for me.

[it's temp oos. you have to click 'other sellers on amazon' to see the amazon price]

Lucky you. You'd be way better off just buying the standalone release of Men In Black 1 for $8.18 (cause 2 & 3 are trash)

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I liked 3 OK. The guy who can see various realities was a pretty fun character.

2 is Hot Garbage.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
MiB 2 is the worst sequel ever made in my opinion, excluding horror franchises that have like 8+ entries. Men in Black is often compared to Ghostbusters, and Ghostbusters 2 not very well liked, but its infinitely more watchable and entertaining than MiB 2.

I've seen Men in Black about ten times and it never gets old. I attempted to get through MiB 2 three separate times and fell asleep every time.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Men In Black 2 is what angry nerds on the internet like to pretend that Ghostbusters 2 is. Ghostbusters 2 is a fine movie that a bunch of dummies don't like even though it's got a ton of great and memorable scenes. MIB2 is an actual terrible sequel and has a scene where an alien girl makes her tits bigger after looking at a billboard.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

TheJoker138 posted:

MIB2 is an actual terrible sequel and has a scene where an alien girl makes her tits bigger after looking at a billboard.

Is that where Terminator 3 got the idea?

I think it happens in Critters 2 as well.

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

This isn't a blu-ray, but seeing other TV deals mentioned, I'd thought I'd chime in that Frasier - The Complete Series is on sale today at Amazon.ca for $49.99.

I've never watched the show (or Cheers for that matter), but figured it's a safe blind-buy purchase and something I've been wanting to watch for years now.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing

Basebf555 posted:

The only reason I don't own this is because I watched it about 5 times when it was on HBO GO. I need a few years off. There's a sequel coming eventually isn't there?

The sequel is shooting right now.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

friendo55 posted:

This isn't a blu-ray, but seeing other TV deals mentioned, I'd thought I'd chime in that Frasier - The Complete Series is on sale today at Amazon.ca for $49.99.

I've never watched the show (or Cheers for that matter), but figured it's a safe blind-buy purchase and something I've been wanting to watch for years now.

Frasier got a little dopey with some of the episodes near the end of its run, but it has one of the best series finales of all time and even at its low points, it was still better than just about every sitcom on the air at that time.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

TheJoker138 posted:

Men In Black 2 is what angry nerds on the internet like to pretend that Ghostbusters 2 is. Ghostbusters 2 is a fine movie that a bunch of dummies don't like even though it's got a ton of great and memorable scenes. MIB2 is an actual terrible sequel and has a scene where an alien girl makes her tits bigger after looking at a billboard.

Ghostbusters 2 is the same movie again, and it's boring and everyone looks bored and tired.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CelticPredator posted:

Ghostbusters 2 is the same movie again, and it's boring and everyone looks bored and tired.

That tends to be the case when no one wants to make the movie. See also Tommy Lee Jones in MIB2 and 3.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

friendo55 posted:

For what it's worth, the final season was shot in HD... But I doubt they'll be releasing a bluray at this point. Netflix does stream it that way.

Not a big deal, as it's probably the second-worst season, but as the above poster mentioned, it never really gets TOO stupid. Which is a big accomplishment for any sitcom.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Janosz Poha is an amazing charcter/performance. Everything else in Ghostbusters 2 is half-assed. Men In Black 2 has nothing that is more than half-assed, at best.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Timby posted:

That tends to be the case when no one wants to make the movie. See also Tommy Lee Jones in MIB2 and 3.

Thankfully, Josh Brolin filled in perfectly.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Sir Lemming posted:

For what it's worth, the final season was shot in HD... But I doubt they'll be releasing a bluray at this point. Netflix does stream it that way.

Not a big deal, as it's probably the second-worst season, but as the above poster mentioned, it never really gets TOO stupid. Which is a big accomplishment for any sitcom.

The last season was return to form. It had a lot of pretty good episodes, like the episode where Niles gets Martin high on pot brownies, or the episode where Patrick Stewart plays a gay theater director who thinks Frasier wants to date him. It's been a while since I've seen it, but it was better than the earlier few seasons.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Cemetry Gator posted:

The last season was return to form. It had a lot of pretty good episodes, like the episode where Niles gets Martin high on pot brownies, or the episode where Patrick Stewart plays a gay theater director who thinks Frasier wants to date him. It's been a while since I've seen it, but it was better than the earlier few seasons.

After 9/11, I felt like it got better than 2-3 seasons before. One of the creators died on 9/11, and it seemed like they started trying again after that.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

Sure, it's the same movie again, but it was a good movie the first time and it's good again the second time. The only way it's bad is in comparison to the first. Taken on it's own merits it's a fun, funny movie.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

friendo55 posted:

It's probably better seen on Netflix, to be honest. Cheaper, too.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

Sure, it's the same movie again, but it was a good movie the first time and it's good again the second time. The only way it's bad is in comparison to the first.

looking bad in comparison to the first is pretty damning for a sequel

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

On the other hand, looking bad in comparison to Ghostbusters is not very damning in general.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Right but Ghostbusters 2 was brought up in comparison to Men in Black 2. Nobody's arguing that Ghostbusters 2 is on the same level as the original, but the point I was making is sequels can get much, much worse. MiB2 is proof of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

Red posted:

It's probably better seen on Netflix, to be honest. Cheaper, too.

I've yet to sign up for Netflix (it's not nearly as good here in Canada as the US) but mainly because the DVD/Blu-Ray collection is so large, I'm not ready to just discard all that.
Although isn't Bill Murray having some Christmas special? and 'Fuller House' is coming soon?
That may do it for me.

• Locked thread