Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Speak for yourself, I love Elfman's Spider-Man theme. That's my go-to spider-theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm not saying it's bad score, it's just... not very catchy to me. It doesn't get stuck in your head.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

I actually liked the Spider-Funk from 3.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That was just a James Brown song.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I can't even remember a Spider-Man theme from the movies. Aside from 'Hero', of course.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Exactly.

Although I can totally remember this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNb9Aqj-_Jg

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Travis343 posted:

I can't even remember a Spider-Man theme from the movies. Aside from 'Hero', of course.

gently caress you for reminding me that song exists.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I like the remix from the PS1 Spidey game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzlPw1um57k

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
The most memorable music in Spider-man 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-qMBS1frkM

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The only music I can ever remember from the Spider-Man movies is that loving Nickelback song that sounds like they only pressed the record button halfway through.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
This is the only Spiderman theme song you need. So great guitar riffing. So 90's.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

"Money can't buy happiness" laments the billionaire as he uses his copious free time he has thanks to his money to woo a female that will make him happy. I'm sure he'd be MUCH happier if he got fired from his second job for being late because he was busy fighting crime or being depressed and didn't have an extra second to spare on his personal life even if he didn't smell like fry oil or minimum wage.

Saying "money can't buy happiness" is like saying "money can't make you less hungry"

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Okay.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Duke Igthorn posted:

"Money can't buy happiness" laments the billionaire as he uses his copious free time he has thanks to his money to woo a female that will make him happy. I'm sure he'd be MUCH happier if he got fired from his second job for being late because he was busy fighting crime or being depressed and didn't have an extra second to spare on his personal life even if he didn't smell like fry oil or minimum wage.

Saying "money can't buy happiness" is like saying "money can't make you less hungry"

There's a bunch of studies about money not affecting happiness once you get above 80k USD or so because at that point all your needs are easily taken care of and there aren't problems that are solvable by money beyond that point.

Money can't buy fulfilling relationships or personal growth or a lot of things.

You are really mad at a comic book. You should watch Rebels Without a Cause, it's about a bunch of kids who don't have any reason to be mad too because they have families and money.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sigma-X posted:

There's a bunch of studies about money not affecting happiness once you get above 80k USD or so because at that point all your needs are easily taken care of and there aren't problems that are solvable by money beyond that point.
You are really mad at a comic book. You should watch Rebels Without a Cause, it's about a bunch of kids who don't have any reason to be mad too because they have families and money.
If it helps I'm mad at a common, and untrue, saying no matter the medium in which it is delivered. You don't get to play the "lol cormic brooks!!1" card in a thread for discussing comic books, you're just as bad as those assholes that pay money to be on a forum.

quote:

Right, because it's not money that allows the freedom to have time for personal relationships. People working two jobs and barely scraping by have just as much free time to develop relationships as a billionaire. see also: the exact same image you quoted. If he didn't have all that money he wouldn't be talking to the incredibly attractive, super smart, doctor lady, he'd be explaining, for the fourth time, why he couldn't take an expired coupon for another store and hoping the manager doesn't just fire him for "bad customer service". He wouldn't have gotten that kiss that made him smile so much. And you know what "smiling" is often an indicator of in humans? What emotion could the artist have been trying to convey?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
We get it, you're poor and you're pissed off about it. So are most of us. This isn't the venue.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Iron Man is not the comic for you if you hate self-pitying rich characters.

My favorite thing in the MCU remains the Starktech bomb landing right next to Tony's stupid face.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Duke Igthorn posted:

If it helps I'm mad at a common, and untrue, saying no matter the medium in which it is delivered. You don't get to play the "lol cormic brooks!!1" card in a thread for discussing comic books, you're just as bad as those assholes that pay money to be on a forum.

Right, because it's not money that allows the freedom to have time for personal relationships. People working two jobs and barely scraping by have just as much free time to develop relationships as a billionaire. see also: the exact same image you quoted. If he didn't have all that money he wouldn't be talking to the incredibly attractive, super smart, doctor lady, he'd be explaining, for the fourth time, why he couldn't take an expired coupon for another store and hoping the manager doesn't just fire him for "bad customer service". He wouldn't have gotten that kiss that made him smile so much. And you know what "smiling" is often an indicator of in humans? What emotion could the artist have been trying to convey?

I found this post to be touching and inspiring in the sense that it inspired me to be touching my face with the palm of my hand.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Please don't tell me when you touch yourself because of me

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

Well.... it's more like once you hit 80k you need to have a ton more money before you hit the next "tier" of needs that can be solved by money, which are often problems created by having so much money like property/estate/time management.

And money can absolutely buy the means towards relationships and growth. Fulfilling relationships and personal growth are loving hard when you have to work even 1 full-time job you hate just to make ends meet. I mean yeah this is big loving news to anyone here but come on if you can't relate at all to what Duke is saying then you're being disingenuous at best.

That said:

Lurdiak posted:

Iron Man is not the comic for you if you hate self-pitying rich characters.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I mean the real superheroes are the ones who work in soup kitchens I think we should have more comic books about that and less comic books about science wizards shooting aliens, y'know? really makes ya think

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

The better 90s cartoon theme song.

The BEST 90s cartoon theme song.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Duke Igthorn posted:

Dude, I'm a member of the working poor and think you're being loving insufferable. It's loving Iron Man, the only options for writing him are having no personal conflict or having personal conflict that can't be solved with money. One of those makes for interesting character interactions and it's not he first option.

I had asthma growing up, but was still able to worry about Spider-Man even though he had greater than normal physical abilities.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You could post all of Superman: American Alien #1 in this thread (kid Clark Kent learns to fly with the help of Ma & Pa,) but here's a one page supplement at the end of the comic.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

You could post all of Superman: American Alien #1 in this thread (kid Clark Kent learns to fly with the help of Ma & Pa,) but here's a one page supplement at the end of the comic.

I bought the issue based on this one page you posted. And after reading it I have to say thanks. That was the best Superman comic I've read in years. I had a giant smile on my face the entire issue.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

X-O posted:

I bought the issue based on this one page you posted. And after reading it I have to say thanks. That was the best Superman comic I've read in years. I had a giant smile on my face the entire issue.

I can't wait to read this.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Unmature posted:

I can't wait to read this.

I don't want to mislead anyone with my comments, there's no actual Superman in the issue. Clark is a child the whole time. But it's fantastic.

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

Skwirl posted:

Dude, I'm a member of the working poor and think you're being loving insufferable. It's loving Iron Man, the only options for writing him are having no personal conflict or having personal conflict that can't be solved with money. One of those makes for interesting character interactions and it's not he first option.

The oddest thing about that page to me is that he suggests that he doesn't get sympathy when he complains about how dangerous it is, in the suit of armor he built to regularly save the world from aliens with. Billionaire or not, I bet people would generally be understanding about that.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
At a guess?

Something something "Cap wears less(Full armour vs shield only), and he never..."

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skwirl posted:

I had asthma growing up, but was still able to worry about Spider-Man even though he had greater than normal physical abilities.

Me, in the post you quoted posted:

If it helps I'm mad at a common, and untrue, saying no matter the medium in which it is delivered.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

stop posting

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

have you tried the hip website reddit dot com

i tihnk you will be more at home there

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why do you all have the same avatar?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's the new stupid newbie/garbage dick default

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mind the walrus posted:

It's the new stupid newbie/garbage dick default

Well that's terrible.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The others weren't exactly anything to write home about and this place seems more and more like a digital masoleum, so at this point why not just go for nostalgic kitsch appeal?

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

Duke Igthorn posted:

It's comics (and films) like these that illustrate why DC is way better at dealing with class issues than Marvel ever could. "Money can't buy you happiness" is a notion that lost all meaning after Reagan/Thatcher's time in office, where the gulf between rich and poor became so endless that the idea of a working rich guy like Tony Stark is so far beyond the pale it may as well be set in a permanent time-loop fixed at 40 years ago. If a celebrity wants people to hear what they think, you can bet that there'll be an outlet willing to give them all the airtime they want.

I am not posting ironically. Eat the rich.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Chocolate Teapot posted:

It's comics (and films) like these that illustrate why DC is way better at dealing with class issues than Marvel ever could.

Batman.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

You rang?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Chocolate Teapot posted:

It's comics (and films) like these that illustrate why DC is way better at dealing with class issues than Marvel ever could.

I don't know, even though both companies lean hard on the trope of the virtuous rich guy helping the world with his largesse, I think Marvel's long-running love-affair with the idea of the relatable blue-collar supervillain makes their comics a lot more amenable to making meaningful statements about class. There have been so many Marvel stories since the 80's about guys with Armadillo suits or whatever being forced into crime by heartless economic factors that it's hard not to see that as one of the big ever-present struts that Marvel Logic is built on.

This could just be confirmation bias-- I don't read a lot of DC and am not as familiar with thier output from the 70s-80s-- but from what I know Marvel has also been more consistently interested in how heroes pay the rent, get food on the table, etc. For every comic where Tony Stark whips out a new flying car, there's another where Peter Parker has to pick between being Spider-Man or getting a paycheck he really needs. Even characters like Daredevil and She-Hulk, for all that they're usually shown as pretty well off, often feature in stories that hinge on their actual labor in ways that, say, Superman stories don't.