Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

i mean it's not like lightsabers are magic, and they clearly aren't even that hot if a human can hold them. you saw how long it took qui gon to cut through that door and it was probably just regular steel

you're right the heat bloom from igniting it alone, much less waving it around, should burn your hair off if it's capable of flash-melting any kinda metal like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Improbable Lobster posted:

tatooine's sun dies out, killing everyone on the planet

you're soft

not like sand

sand is hard and irritating

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
even ignoring the lightsaber, qui gon should have had his hands burned off just by how close he put them to that melting door. i assume he used the force to protect himself but that doesn't explain why his robes didnt catch fire. maybe they're asbestos

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
the space ships were always the best part of star wars anyway

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sagebrush posted:

even ignoring the lightsaber, qui gon should have had his hands burned off just by how close he put them to that melting door. i assume he used the force to protect himself but that doesn't explain why his robes didnt catch fire. maybe they're asbestos

maybe his robes were force sensative

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

i preferred the lovely dirty half-working star wars spaceships that had a tendency to catch fire and burn their pilots alive in cockpit close-up shots

not those new shiny chrome polished turds that can only manage to be flying droid deathtraps

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
there must be some kind of unknown physics going on, like the lightsaber energy makes molecular bonds fall apart or something, cause if it takes that long to melt through a steel door and doesn't set fire everything around it, you could probably block a lightsaber with a refractory firebrick or a tungsten rod

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

there must be some kind of unknown physics going on, like the lightsaber energy makes molecular bonds fall apart or something, cause if it takes that long to melt through a steel door and doesn't set fire everything around it, you could probably block a lightsaber with a refractory firebrick or a tungsten rod

aerogel foam hoses were used to suppress the jedi civil rights protests in coruscatlanta today

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Sagebrush posted:

man if you're worried about jedi not obeying the laws of thermodynamics you'll just loooove the lava planet fight in episode 3

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

get me outta dis wack rear end depth buffer prison

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

here's a an entirely random selection of pictures from my /img folder to make up for the star wars spergery.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

is clone wars as bad as it looks?

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
star wars would be more interesting if instead of 'the force' and 'midawhatevers' it was just all asbestos. everything explained with asbestos.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Stringent posted:

is clone wars as bad as it looks?

cartoon and cgi shows were good, movie is a moose milkie post.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Korean Boomhauer posted:

star wars would be more interesting if instead of 'the force' and 'midawhatevers' it was just all asbestos. everything explained with asbestos.

i think this is just the 1950s

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

my favourite part was big battles on planets, since all the w-wings, x-wings, y-wings, and z-wings are not all that interesting to me

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

I very much appreciate dis.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESJuxpk-Tjc

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
This dog is absurd

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
all your star war posting reminds me of how much i love star trek

suck it other kind of nerds

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

kalstrams posted:

my favourite part was big battles on planets, since all the w-wings, x-wings, y-wings, and z-wings are not all that interesting to me

we all like to see tongues on the ground but it's a-wings, b-wings, y-wings and x-wings you dolt

ffs

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

blurred lines

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

yeah

i loving hope that the new movie shits all over the old eu as much as possible

a long scene where thrawn drunkenly crashes his star destroyer into a sun

boba fetts melted corpse is hosed out of his armour which is then melted into scrap and used to make a toilet

lol if you know any of the eu

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

2spoopy

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

idgi

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A digital camera progressively scans a scene to capture an image. Usually it's not a problem but the propeller is spinning so fast that it creates a distorted shape when photographed.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SynthOrange posted:

A digital camera progressively scans a scene to capture an image. Usually it's not a problem but the propeller is spinning so fast that it creates a distorted shape when photographed.

:eyepop:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

boba fetts melted corpse is hosed out of his armour which is then melted into scrap and used to make a toilet

just imagining the tears makes me happy

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

yeah

i loving hope that the new movie shits all over the old eu as much as possible

a long scene where thrawn drunkenly crashes his star destroyer into a sun

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

the bartender didn't look anything like a rattataki

although i suppose there could be a new bartender since star wars happened

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

omfg hot

i want to get in that so hard

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

prefect posted:

the bartender didn't look anything like a rattataki

although i suppose there could be a new bartender since star wars happened

it could possibly be a different dude, but of the same alien bartender-race

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

TEST YOUR MIGHT

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

storm troopers have cortosis-weave weapons now? but that's far too rare and brittle of a metal to mass produce for a rifle like that i mean c'mon

duTrieux. posted:

cortosis is out of canon

that's clearly some sort of electric thingy which makes sense considering that the lightsaber is either light or plasma so they don't have to make up some new element and oh god what is wrong with me
ha ha nerds (all of these things occurred to me too, tho)

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

persecute kevin j. anderson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

when he opens the rear door, if you're in front of the car, you'll see the words "gently caress YOU I'M MOTH"

• Locked thread