Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

botany posted:

wait, are the greens proposing that? i thought the idea was to replace nuclear with renewables like solar and wind. coal is obviously way worse than nuclear.

Wind and solar are intermittent energy sources and therefore unusable to provide reliable power. It's very nature requires conventional back up power plants to not destroy the power grid. Never mind the problems you have trying to build power lines to get the generated wind power from the North and Baltic Seas to where it is needed in Bavaria.

Cingulate posted:

So what do you think of my proposal?

We won't agree.
I'd allow immigration only for fellow Europeans and instead of that ridiculous basic income stuff nobody ever figured out how to finance, a negative income tax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Riso posted:

Never mind the problems you have trying to build power lines to get the generated wind power from the North and Baltic Seas to where it is needed in Bavaria.
Not made easier by Bavarian NIMBYism preventing building the power lines necessary for that.

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!

Cingulate posted:

Somebody recommend me a party to vote for at the next election, here are my criteria:
- must be pro nuclear
- must be in favor of immigration for literally everyone who's cool with gays and women
- must be pro Bürgergeld/basic income/whatever

That's it, I have no other criteria.

I don't think there's a single party in Europe that fits your criteria. "Pro nuclear" excludes all green parties and the "no Muslims", because that's what your second criteria basically says unless you want to introduce some kind of "Gesinnungstest", excludes the left, which is the only place you will find someone in favor of basic income.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Cingulate posted:

Somebody recommend me a party to vote for at the next election, here are my criteria:
- must be pro nuclear
- must be in favor of immigration for literally everyone who's cool with gays and women
- must be pro Bürgergeld/basic income/whatever

That's it, I have no other criteria.

Basically the FDP, just that the basic income is probably to low for your taste.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

goethe42 posted:

I don't think there's a single party in Europe that fits your criteria. "Pro nuclear" excludes all green parties and the "no Muslims", because that's what your second criteria basically says unless you want to introduce some kind of "Gesinnungstest", excludes the left, which is the only place you will find someone in favor of basic income.
I hope the immigration clause also excludes all the right wing parties because I literally want every individual who'd be willing to shake hands with a gay guy and a woman to be able to enter and work in the country, I don't even care.

That guy (the Offizieller schwuler Händeschüttler", OschwHä) is hopefully gonna shake a lot of hands.

Riso posted:

I'd allow immigration only for fellow Europeans and instead of that ridiculous basic income stuff nobody ever figured out how to finance, a negative income tax.
To be honest I don't know enough or truly care about the specifics right now, I just want a basic social net with dignity.

botany posted:

wait, are the greens proposing that? i thought the idea was to replace nuclear with renewables like solar and wind. coal is obviously way worse than nuclear.
They don't say "we want more coal". They say "we want less nuclear" and then pat their backs while the SPD and CDU build more coal.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Like, this point can hardly be stressed enough - I guess the Greens are basically a decent party for the environment when not looking at the climate, but their policies regarding climate change/energy have now for at least a decade been nothing but destructively ignorant. There are zero interpretations of Green policy where what they've been doing does not inevitably to a worse carbon footprint of Germany. And the more they'd implement their policies, the worse it'd get.

Also THE WAR

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

wayfinder posted:

I feel like there's something wrong with equating "for clean energy" and "anti-climate", I just can't put any of my 28 glowing fingers on it

The greens have occasionally have their heart in the right place and advocate for things like conservation and clean energy. Then they find the most boneheaded backwards way to go about it that takes us one step forward and two steps back and congratulate themselves on a job well done, defeating the whole point of their existence.

See: renewable energy, conservation with a fuckton of tiny nature reserves (most of which are totally nonviable) and a fuckload of organic farms (which are not a comprehensive answer to making farming more sustainable and in many cases can be a downright bad idea).

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

goethe42 posted:

unless you want to introduce some kind of "Gesinnungstest"

Mustafa, you are wandering through the desert in the backing sun. You come upon a female ... a gay woman ... laying on her back. She is helpless, can't get on her feet by herself. But you are not helping her. Tell me Mustafa, why are you not helping her.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Cingulate posted:

Like, this point can hardly be stressed enough - I guess the Greens are basically a decent party for the environment when not looking at the climate, but their policies regarding climate change/energy have now for at least a decade been nothing but destructively ignorant. There are zero interpretations of Green policy where what they've been doing does not inevitably to a worse carbon footprint of Germany. And the more they'd implement their policies, the worse it'd get.

Also THE WAR

Yeah. gently caress the Greens and their organic bio neoliberalism. Economics wise it's basically the same poo poo the CDU or SPD are doing. See Agenda 2010 and Riesterrente.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

frankenfreak posted:

Not made easier by Bavarian NIMBYism preventing building the power lines necessary for that.

Yes clearly, it's only Bavaria at the end of the line that is the problem here and not the other 2/3s.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Simply Simon posted:

You are why conservatives win.

Der Mann weiß wovon er spricht.

Als registriertes SPD-Mitglied ist er geradezu ein Experte in Manövern, die den Konservativen den Weg zum Sieg ebnen.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Riso posted:

Yes clearly, it's only Bavaria at the end of the line that is the problem here and not the other 2/3s.

Bavaria is the problem, in any issue.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Still voting green until the Linke stops supporting Russia's wars.

ArchangeI posted:

Bavaria is the problem, in any issue.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Still voting green until the Linke stops supporting Russia's wars.

Ah yes, the famous anti-war party of the Greens.

(List of pro war statements and actions goes here)

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Riso posted:

Ah yes, the famous anti-war party of the Greens.

(List of pro war statements and actions goes here)

Still better than a party that howls whenever NATO bombs a hospital and is eerily quiet when Russia bombs five. The least they could do is be consistent.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

ArchangeI posted:

Still better than a party that howls whenever NATO bombs a hospital and is eerily quiet when Russia bombs five. The least they could do is be consistent.

Ah yes, the mythical five hospitals in villages that never had them in the first place!

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Riso posted:

Ah yes, the mythical five hospitals in villages that never had them in the first place!

What's your stance on MH17? Just out of curiosity.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

ArchangeI posted:

What's your stance on MH17? Just out of curiosity.

Last thing I read was the Dutch decided Russia was at fault citing top secret interviews and evidence they can't show or tell anyone about so you just, like, gotta trust us.

Final inquiry results at the end of the year?

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

waitwhatno posted:

Why are rights-wingers always illiterate?.

Glass houses... stones...

It's certainly possible that one side is worse at spelling, but it's also in line with confirmation bias to look much more closely at the other side's output for errors.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

flavor posted:

Glass houses... stones...

It's certainly possible that one side is worse at spelling, but it's also in line with confirmation bias to look much more closely at the other side's output for errors.

thanks for all these great tips, man.

auto-complete != being literally illiterate

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

(Hamburger Wespen, 1864. Mecklenburg had banned corporal punishment in 1802, but then reintroduced it in 1852. In the 1860s there was some debate to "improve" the punishment. For some good :iceburn:s on how much of a backwater Mecklenburg was back then, read thas article from the same year)

Sorry to all mecklenburgers reading this thread, I just randomly stumbled on this and thought it would be cool to share :v:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
There'll be sharp words from them once they get the internet there

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

That last panel, hahaha. Gonna have to keep a printout of that thing on me so I can read it to any Mecklenburgers I might come across

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

wayfinder posted:

There'll be sharp words from them once they get the internet there

Dude they just introduced visa-free travel into the Westzone last year here, don't rush things. Was very disappointed when I traveled to Hamburg last year and couldn't get any Begrüßungsgeld.

Also that last panel, holy poo poo. Hamburgers don't do subtlety.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

waitwhatno posted:

thanks for all these great tips, man.

auto-complete != being literally illiterate

Yeah, I'm sure the other guys also have similar great excuses to yours and can't be bothered to check their autocorrected writings either. You made a mistake while making a post about other people always making mistakes, just own up to it.

Oh, and if your next line of defense is "ah so you probably like those guys", you're wrong. I'm just pointing out that you have confirmation bias.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Die 100 Fragen des Jan Böhmermann

But don't worry. Die Welt is on the case!

100 Antworten auf 100 Fragen von Jan Böhmermann

lmao, die welt is poo poo

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 15, 2015

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

System Metternich posted:

lmao, die welt is poo poo

So is Böhmermann.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

It's OK, not everyone can be funny or smart or good at sports. At least the welt is a good newspaper ... oh ... wait.

:yikes:

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The original 100 questions weren't too good, but that's just a stunning display of functional illiteracy there.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Cingulate posted:

The original 100 questions weren't too good, but that's just a stunning display of functional illiteracy there.

Partway through I started to wonder whether the guy maybe has legit autism.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Perestroika posted:

Partway through I started to wonder whether the guy maybe has legit autism.
It's called "being German with jokes".

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Simply Simon posted:

It's called "being German with jokes".

You could/should have stopped at German.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Today an Austrian co-worker flipped his poo poo because he had seen a cooking show on the weekend where they put sauce on a breaded schnitzel. He shouted at me and the other German in the room how crazy our people are. It was really entertaining. I think it also speaks a lot about Austrian-German relationships in general.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Agreed. Cheese on Schnitzel is superior.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Putting sauce on a breaded schnitzel is kinda dumb though, in his defense.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Schurik posted:

AAF SO WOS KO A BLOS A DEITSCHA KEMMA

SPEIM KANNT I

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Schurik posted:

Jägerschnitzel best Schnitzel :colbert:

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Ghost Farts posted:

Agreed. Cheese on Schnitzel is superior.

No, no. You put it between two slices of pork or veal together with some ham and call it a Gordon Bleu.

Simply Simon posted:

AAF SO WOS KO A BLOS A DEITSCHA KEMMA

SPEIM KANNT I

I A. DES IS JO SOWOS VO GRAUSLICH.
IHR PIEFKES SOLLTATS BEI EURE GSCHISSANEN WIRSCHT BLEIBN WEI OLLAS ANDERE IS A KATASTROPHE!

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

And now imagine being a 10 year old Austrian kid wanting to put ketchup on your schnitzel. I thought the cook was going to kill them, it took us Gruppenleiter (whatever this is in English) literally years to persuade her that no, schnitzel being served with ketchup doesn't mean that the downfall of Christendom is imminent :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Bleh, ketchup is so bourgeois. Call me when they put on mustard.