Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

projecthalaxy posted:

I know! I have the ps4 version and it's fine! It's good! Everybody's out here lying about it and I don't know why.

Yeah the PS4 version is just fine. I've been going back and forth between PC and PS4 and there's not a difference worth getting upset over, or waiting for a patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Bholder posted:

So from what I coukd gather, this is the first Bethesda game where food is useful without mods?

Skyrim had some insane soups and stews you could craft that basically gave you infinite stamina.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Bholder posted:

So from what I coukd gather, this is the first Bethesda game where food is useful without mods?

It's basically a second source of healing, yeah. And it doesn't usually have many downsides if you cook it.
It's pretty invaluable on survival at least.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Found a couple of good things for a melee character while wandering around, the Grognak Costume and Deathclaw Gauntlet.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Mr Beens posted:

Yeah anything that is not moddable you have to drop on the floor and scrap manually. It's super dumb.
Yay, back to square one :shepicide:

Fought a legendary Mirelurk and it was taking ages but I got it down to half health and it mutates regaining all it's health. I like this game but man some stuff in it is dumb.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Do they ever explain just what the Super Mutants are doing in the Commonwealth? Are they the ones from Washington just migrating throughout the east coast? Or was there yet another FEV experiment going on?

I miss the Nightkin.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
In the vault 81 secret vault I've come across an expert level wall safe that I'm unable to pick. It says the lock is too advanced despite me having rank 2 in locksmith, and having picked a ton of expert locks already. Anyone else had problems there?

Arcsquad12 posted:

Do they ever explain just what the Super Mutants are doing in the Commonwealth? Are they the ones from Washington just migrating throughout the east coast? Or was there yet another FEV experiment going on?

I miss the Nightkin.

I think one of the BoS characters (or possibly a terminal log) mentions them being a unique strain, but I don't think they mention how they got there.

Drunk in Space fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 13, 2015

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Harrow posted:

How high does HP get once you're level 40, 50, or 60? Is Life Giver a waste of perk points in the long run, or do HP gains per level stay low?

EDIT: Also, is there a console command for removing a perk? I know there's one to add a perk, but I put a point into Lead Belly and I'm really not using it now that I'm cooking things regularly, so I'd like to move it elsewhere. I could just add a perk point to something else I guess, but that'd feel even more like cheating than just using the console to "respec." :v:

Quoting this for a new page. Has anyone gotten far enough in the game to tell me how much HP they're getting per level at higher levels? I'm wondering if it's going to be worth investing in Life Giver or if those 60 HP are just going to seem like a drop in the bucket at high levels.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

PantsBandit posted:

Had my first deathclaw encounter in the wild last night.

It was early morning, foggy out. I came across a gigantic sinkhole and decided to see what was at the bottom. Bad idea. When I checked inside a shipping container for loot, I was met with a giant loving deathclaw in my face. I tried running to terrain that the deathclaw couldn't climb up onto. It worked in Fallout 3, not here though. The deathclaw would actually run away into the fog so that I couldn't get a shot on it and wait for me to come down. Eventually I tried to take it on, and got my head popped like a cherry for my efforts.

Easily the most harrowing experience I've had playing this game. It felt like something out of a horror game.

Yeah that fucker just hid behind a house until I was forced to go down and fight him. I popped some Psycho, Buffout and Jet, and then pulled out my Minigun, and my dude yelled 'loving DIIIIIIIE' in super slowmo as I mowed it down, it was amazing.

Psychotron
Nov 25, 2007

I AM THE GERBIL GOD KAHUNA

Broken Cog posted:

It's basically a second source of healing, yeah. And it doesn't usually have many downsides if you cook it.
It's pretty invaluable on survival at least.

The fact that meat from animals doesn't give you rads when you cook it is fantastic. I don't even pick up the pre war food. I heal only through cooked meat and sleeping and save stimpacks for combat healing since they're easy to use off the hotkey menu while fighting.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The only thing I don't like about Stimpaks in this game is the stupid animation. I don't need that poo poo in the middle of a fight, like I guess they added it for "realism" but that's all negated if you use it from your Pip Boy anyways so what's the point.

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

For a fun time, put this in a text file in the Fallout 4 directory

code:
setgs fDiffMultLegendaryChance_VE 10000.00
setgs fDiffMultLegendaryChance_E 10000.00
setgs fDiffMultLegendaryChance_N 10000.00
setgs fDiffMultLegendaryChance_H 10000.00
setgs fDiffMultLegendaryChance_VH 10000.00
setgs fDiffMultLegendaryChance_SV 10000.00
and enter "bat <textfile without extension>" before starting or loading a game.

What are the default values?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Alien Blaster is cool and moddable... sorta. I wish I could make a rifle out of it instead.

Gamma Gun is eh. Most things are super resilent to the damage it seems (except me, I don't have very high rad resist)

Did you know armor mods have better Variants? Sturdy (like Sturdy Metal) prefix on random loot usually means it's T2 level gear, or Heavy (like Heavy Combat) means it's a better version. When you mod it, the name will have "Heavy" removed from it, but the stats are clearly better, and the design is different. Heavy Combat armor looks more like actual armor now. I'm only missing the right shoulder for the moment. I wonder if there is a T3 variant too...

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
According to the Wiki, grabbing a bobblehead when my stats are at 10 will take it to 11, is that true?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Drinkfist posted:

Its the little things that keep me loving this.

Oh my god, where did you find this? I'm desperately trying to be sneaky, but every rear end in a top hat Raider on the planet can spot me a mile away and I don't know why.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Oh goodness. The tutorial popup just slew me with laughter right now

So I'm doing missions for Railroad, bringing Cait along. I pick a door to a shed in some bombed out backyard and Cait suddenly decides she loves me for that. She spills her heart out, I pass the speech check, etc etc. (Woo exp for emotional trauma) But then, after it's all said and done, the tutorial box pops up in the corner, with the glasses wearing pipboy pointing at the dialogue informing me that hey, a romanced companion will give a bonus effect for sleeping with you now. I imagined in the most nasally nerdy voice that I could think of because the game is basically telling me "BY THE WAY, NOW THAT YOU ARE A COUPLE YOU HAVE THE SEX NOW FOR ~GAMEPLAY BENEFITS~"

It's so hilariously awkward, goddamn it bethesda.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

King Vidiot posted:

The only thing I don't like about Stimpaks in this game is the stupid animation. I don't need that poo poo in the middle of a fight, like I guess they added it for "realism" but that's all negated if you use it from your Pip Boy anyways so what's the point.

Nah you see the Far Cry series decided that real time healing was cool, so we need is for *Immersion*

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I just finished the USS Constitution quest. When you're sent to try and negotiate with the Scavengers Piper made a comment along the lines of "Maybe real people should have the resources rather than indulging in a robot's fantasy?" I was like gently caress that I want these robots to fly away on their ship.

Then they flew into a loving building. Brilliant.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

According to the Wiki, grabbing a bobblehead when my stats are at 10 will take it to 11, is that true?

Yeah

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bob NewSCART posted:

So no one has an answer about being able to add or remove special points through the console that actually properly applied on the perk screen? Would really like an answer.

Also for those who have both, do you like kb+m or 360 controller better?

I'm not sure what you want exactly but type ShowSpecialMenu and there you go :v:

Save before you do it because its buggy as gently caress.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Whats the deal with Covenant now that they hate me? I heard its a settlement and I want that shotgun. I don't want to just slaughter them all and become evil or something.

Psychotron
Nov 25, 2007

I AM THE GERBIL GOD KAHUNA
Am I ridiculous and wasting time for building walls around the edge of every settlement I develop? I leave one or maybe two entrances covered by turrets and such for each one. I've only been attacked once tho and it was before I did any of that so I haven't even gotten to see what effect it has if any.

Also, can anyone tell me the downside of NOT assigning every settler specific plants to harvest and such? The food will still count towards feeding them right, I just won't get extra deposited in the workbench?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

HORMELCHILI posted:

Whats the deal with Covenant now that they hate me? I heard its a settlement and I want that shotgun. I don't want to just slaughter them all and become evil or something.

No but everyone else there is totally evil so there's no repercussions for waltzing in there and slaughtering them all

Yes it's dumb, but once they're all dead you can set up a radio beacon and attract new settlers who will conveniently ignore the sprawled out corpses of the previous residents. Gawrsh our general is such a swell leader! :haw:

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
What is the console command to increase carry weight??

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Oh yeah i just realized that if they attack me on sight i'm just defending myself and the game probably won't punish me for that. Does the robot stay to make lemonade

Sharrow
Aug 20, 2007

So... mediocre.
This is adorable, all my settlers meet up for a drink after work :3:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I would call it a waste to use bobbleheads for that. The major advantage of bobbleheads is that they are permanent, and thus unlock more of the perk trees. Better to only upgrade to 9 so the bobblehead kicks you up to 10, then use clothes/drugs to go far beyond 10.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Minorkos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_YHgo_HN4

what's the gun at 26:45? it looks like the combat shotgun but it seems to have a scope and it only shoots a single shot

My guess is the combat rifle simply used the exact same model as the combat shotgun when that video was made and it wasn't until later they changed the charging handle, magazine and barrel.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

ymgve posted:

then use clothes/drugs to go far beyond 10.

Story of my life :420: :2bong:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

What I'm really waiting for at this point is a multiple followers mod. New Vegas let me have a human and a dog, why won't this game?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dr. Carwash posted:

What is the console command to increase carry weight??

ModAV carryweight "x" where x is the amount you want added over your weight

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

Friar Zucchini posted:

I'm going nuts :stare:ing at this game because of how much more there is to it over New Vegas. Not just the new mechanic of building yourself a shelter and getting force-fed a suit of power armor in the first drat mission after the intro, even the little things like hitmarkers, and how you don't have to manually push a button to open every single box just to see what's in it.

Stuff like that is all it took to make me like this game.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

Oh yeah i just realized that if they attack me on sight i'm just defending myself and the game probably won't punish me for that. Does the robot stay to make lemonade

Yes it does. Enjoy.

Also the turrets won't join the fight, but if you place your own turret it'll lose its poo poo and gun them off the walls.

Also apparently having a suppressed gun turns you into a shadow ninja or something. I still have the suppresed smg with EXPLODING BULLETS and I gun down two raiders and blow up a turret in one burst and off in the distance some other raider yells "I THINK THAT BASTARD IS USING A STEALTH BOY."

I'm stomping around in full power armor and have never used a stealth boy nor carried one, and am certainly not sneaking.

Drakenel fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 13, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Friar Zucchini posted:

I'm going nuts :stare:ing at this game because of how much more there is to it over New Vegas. Not just the new mechanic of building yourself a shelter and getting force-fed a suit of power armor in the first drat mission after the intro, even the little things like hitmarkers, and how you don't have to manually push a button to open every single box just to see what's in it.

That one video that was posted awhile back with all the bugs actually bitched about getting power armor so early in the game.

I don't get some people. Getting to check out power armor early was a huge improvement over F3.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Is it viable to play a character that is good at both melee, one type of firearm (either shotgun or single handed gun) and has enough charisma for local leader?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Anyone know if messing with console commands to try to fix broken quests will disable achievements?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
So, what's the best way to rake in caps? I'm just now starting to really dig in to the settlement building side of game, starting with Sanctuary. I figure that helps a lot with caps.

I definitely need caps because my character's CHA is a dump stat and I need ammo badly for the firepower I need to get through any more side missions/exploring. Can settlement building help with obtaining better weapons/mods as well?

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

MooCowlian posted:

What I'm really waiting for at this point is a multiple followers mod. New Vegas let me have a human and a dog, why won't this game?

The second level of the Inspirational perk will let you do this, which is cool.

I'm personally not sure about rolling with two followers or making them stronger, since you no longer get XP for follower kills unless you get in a hit. I'd be worried about them taking down targets before I pitch in.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Daktari posted:

What are the default values?

50-400 depending on your difficulty level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

The second level of the Inspirational perk will let you do this, which is cool.

I'm personally not sure about rolling with two followers or making them stronger, since you no longer get XP for follower kills unless you get in a hit. I'd be worried about them taking down targets before I pitch in.

:ughh:

• Locked thread