Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
oh really fivethirtyeight you don't say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

also how locked in to builds do you get, rn i'm doing a gunslingerish build with gun perks and high percep and agility but who knows if thatll be any good

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

zoux posted:

also how locked in to builds do you get, rn i'm doing a gunslingerish build with gun perks and high percep and agility but who knows if thatll be any good

no clue but I think there is no level cap?

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

so i guess yall have probably lolled at russia accidentally revealing a secret weapon on TV but did you guys see what the weapon was

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zoux posted:

so i guess yall have probably lolled at russia accidentally revealing a secret weapon on TV but did you guys see what the weapon was

i couldnt figure it out exactly, was it an unmanned submarine or a small underwater drone with a single nuke attached

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I just want to be a sneaky peaky dude with a giant pistol and a duster okay

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

I just want to be a sneaky peaky dude with a giant pistol and a duster okay

I think this is pretty doable

although one story fight I just did might present... problems.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i couldnt figure it out exactly, was it an unmanned submarine or a small underwater drone with a single nuke attached

it's a torpedo w/ a cobalt tipped HE warhead to depopulate costal cities

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It's a torpedo designed to do 100 knots and blow tidal waves on to ports

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

zoux posted:

oh so a somehow even deadlier nuke

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

oh so a somehow even deadlier nuke

its a dirty bomb

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

zoux posted:

it's a torpedo w/ a cobalt tipped HE warhead to depopulate costal cities

okay, other than giving non-ballistic subs a nuclear strategic purpose, why is this a big deal when slbms exist

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
yeah totally accidental reveal there.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

okay, other than giving non-ballistic subs a nuclear strategic purpose, why is this a big deal when slbms exist

making a city unihabitable for 10k years is crazy ivan poo poo

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/11/new-zealand-female-mps-mass-walkout-pm-rapists-comment?CMP=share_btn_tw

quote:

Several female MPs were ordered to leave the New Zealand parliament on Wednesday after their declarations that they had been victims of sexual assault were ruled out of order by the Speaker.

The women’s intervention came after prime minister John Key on Tuesday accused opposition Labour and Green MPs of “backing the rapists” in a row over the detention of New Zealanders by the Australian government.

Opposition politicians had raised concerns in parliament over the detention of New Zealand citizens awaiting deportation after the Canberra government cancelled visas for those convicted of certain crimes.

Key went on a tirade after being questioned by Labour leader Andrew Little, telling Little “you back the rapists”, before being cut off by the Speaker, David Carter.

“Some of the [detainees] are rapists, some of them are child molesters, and some of them are murderers,” Key said.

“These are the people that the Labour party are saying are more important to support than New Zealanders who deserve protecting when they come back here.”

Key told Labour MP Kelvin Davis, who has said the detentions make a
mockery” of the Anzac relationship: “If you want to put yourself on the side of sex offenders, go ahead my son, but we’ll defend New Zealanders.”

An estimated three-quarters of Labour MPs walked out of parliament directly after Key’s comments on Tuesday, along with several Green members.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

zoux posted:

making a city unihabitable for 10k years is crazy ivan poo poo

but this capability already existed with submarine launched ballistic missiles

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Aeryk posted:

yeah totally accidental reveal there.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

you've gotta be pulling my ponytail

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i thought that radiation from a modern nuclear weapon was generally short termed

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

nuclear bombs are terrifying but also insanely cool

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

zoux posted:

i thought that radiation from a modern nuclear weapon was generally short termed

airbursts yes, ground strikes are dirty as hell and there's really nothing stopping anyone from putting some cobalt in ballistic missiles anyway

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

its a dirty bomb

someone call majorian

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It's not even the first we've heard of nuclear torpedoes by any means. I think it's just riffing on the old port/Fleet disabling nuclear torpedo but this time it's fast and long ranged enough to be used like a cruise missile.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

whats yalls fave nuke explosion

mines castle bravo

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2015/11/movember_mustache_campaign_for_prostate_cancer_is_misguided.html

A good article.

quote:

Movember says that we protect men by celebrating masculinity. And that’s ridiculous.

Christina: I think that’s right—Movember’s marketing is rife with jokes about penis size, women with facial hair, and references to “lady ticklers,” as if the entire thing were a way to climb the ranks of straightness and manliness. And if anything doesn’t need a special month for celebration, it’s masculinity, which is celebrated every drat day of the year...

So many of the world’s oodles of breast cancer awareness campaigns are sexualized and focused on the specific body part the cancer affects. We’re supposed to broadcast our bra color on social media, or leave our bras at home, all to save those precious tatas by groping our wives.

But Movember’s prostate cancer awareness doesn’t focus on anal sex or prostate play or genitals at all. I’m guessing that’s because the prostate as a sex organ is thought of as a very gay thing, and Movember is targeted at men who’d rather grow a “lady tickler” than stimulate an actual prostate.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

I think good is a stretch

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

I don't think I've ever heard it called a 'lady tickler' and I feel worse off for this information.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

this is slate as all gently caress

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

whats yalls fave nuke explosion

mines castle bravo

the bikini atoll tests really sum up a lot of cold war mentality for me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

crossroads able is #2 because of the Demon Core

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Aeryk posted:

I don't think I've ever heard it called a 'lady tickler' and I feel worse off for this information.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

zoux posted:

crossroads able is #2 because of the Demon Core

did you ever read Hickman's Manhattan Projects because I feel like you might dig it

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
gentlemen, what if would blew up a bunch of our own ships. would it be as cool as I'm imagining? -- some general

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

boxcarhobo posted:

did you ever read Hickman's Manhattan Projects because I feel like you might dig it

waitin on a sale

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aeryk posted:

gentlemen, what if would blew up a bunch of our own ships. would it be as cool as I'm imagining? -- some general

we had so much ww2 surplus poo poo

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh god I'm in Miami and have to be back in Miami in two weeks and then again two weeks after that

gently caress Miami

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

PROBATION11/13/15 09:34amSmoothrichI told you not to post in Games you dumb racist weirdo gently caress. User loses posting privileges for 100,000 hours

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

The article somewhat misses the point that movember is explicitly designed to get the type of people who ordinarily wouldn't to take an interest and in that respect it's a huge success

Now let's play the little utilitarian game of imagining how much good it would do if it was explicitly oriented and marketed around prostate play

• Locked thread