Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Marketing is...bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

what i am saying is, we never talked about what our core skills were as they related to being able to sell a product, and a big portion of our training was more related to the communications aspect

Nobody disputes that that's what PR is

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Disinterested posted:

Realising it's the last chance to do it without health risks

also wanting to have a kid old enough to help out with the baby and pick up the slack with household chores

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

Disinterested posted:

Realising it's the last chance to do it without health risks

everyone has their reasons I guess but I can't imagine wanting to go through that wringer again.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

visceril posted:

Marketing is...bad

I don't think there are very many professions that are really "good"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

god loving drat it, AA 24-hour probated Smoothrich, overriding the 100,000 hour probation he had just received

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Gravel Gravy posted:

communist party organizer

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Disinterested posted:

Nobody disputes that that's what PR is

Right, I am saying we were being trained, distinct, from a companies "marketing." We were more trained as corporate/non-profit communicators. Like I would never consider what I am trained to do and would do as part of "marketing."

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Open relations lmao.

When your to scared to leave someone.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Gravel Gravy posted:

while true marketing is the closest thing to an evil mad science we've actually got

we are fortunate that most misanthropic would-be mad scientists mistakenly become stemlords

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

UberJew posted:

while true marketing is the closest thing to an evil mad science we've actually got

we are fortunate that most misanthropic would-be mad scientists mistakenly become stemlords

You mean besides chemical weapons r&d?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Right, I am saying we were being trained, distinct, from a companies "marketing." We were more trained as corporate/non-profit communicators. Like I would never consider what I am trained to do and would do as part of "marketing."

Any form of communication from a company to any outside entity is marketing, hth

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

zoux posted:

what other power armor only ordinance is there besides the minigun

i don't think they're power armor only, just require a str check that's high without wearing armor

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
If it isn't your company just wasted an opportunity

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Please move all discussion of fallout to games thx

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

UberJew posted:

advertising's really just filled w the cast offs of rich families who were too dumb to be doctors or lawyers or ceos and writers/artists who cant stomach the whole starving artist thing :shrug:

more of the former than the latter tho

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

i don't think they're power armor only, just require a str check that's high without wearing armor

i left the starting power armor in concord, i need to go back and get it, i didnt realize you could keep it

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Tesseraction posted:

god loving drat it, AA 24-hour probated Smoothrich, overriding the 100,000 hour probation he had just received

Noooooo

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

aa is the worst mod

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

visceril posted:

Any form of communication from a company to any outside entity is marketing, hth

i respectfully, disagree

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

visceril posted:

Please move all discussion of fallout to games thx

lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

why are there 2 fallout threads in games

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I was using the Malacca node, I assume that's what you mean? I'm doing ok in trade but I just can't keep up a colonial empire and a fearsome army in addition to all my inflation and loans

yeah Malacca. you need to conquer as much of the island chain as you can before expanding outward to lock up all the cash from gold and spices. What are you trying to colonize from Thailand?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

zoux posted:

i left the starting power armor in concord, i need to go back and get it, i didnt realize you could keep it

yeah though you need fusion cores to run them which burn out so you need to either hunt around ruins for them or buy them for 500 caps a piece, which so far I've found money a lot harder to come by in this game

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

zoux posted:

Judging by the titles alone, there's an upset one and a chill one.

I'm not going to look to confirm because it's not worth it.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

nutranurse posted:

advertising's really just filled w the cast offs of rich families who were too dumb to be doctors or lawyers or ceos and writers/artists who cant stomach the whole starving artist thing :shrug:

more of the former than the latter tho

which one are you

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Companies trying to be fun for millenials is just the saddest thing.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

zoux posted:

the first one is full of insane griping over the game and in response the second one opened which is probably just as bad

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

which one are you

latter, wealth came in just in time for me to afford to even get a start in this industry. theres a crazy high price gate to getting into the creative side of advertising cause of all the interning and portfolio schooling you have to do to get hired consistently.

its a lot like journalism and fashion in that regard.

i worked in museums and then was a graphic designer before this.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Just give us company-funded happy hours

A ping-pong table really doesn't do poo poo for me if I don't have the time to use it, and if I do use it I get dirty looks from my manager

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Tesseraction posted:

drat it

oh and MIGF, please stay the gently caress out of the Middle East thread, the I/P thread, USPol, and whatever else besides chat thread that you wish to "grace" with your wisdom

seriously, post here in chat thread but don't gently caress up a bunch of other threads, they're mostly readable now, especially the Middle East thread

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Also pro-tip: nobody likes open offices.

Going to Target or IKEA to decorate your open office doesn't help in this regard.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

fade5 posted:

drat it

oh and MIGF, please stay the gently caress out of the Middle East thread, the I/P thread, USPol, and whatever else besides chat thread that you wish to "grace" with your wisdom

seriously, post here in chat thread but don't gently caress up a bunch of other threads, they're mostly readable now, especially the Middle East thread

actually post in all those other threads but not this one, because i don't read those threads

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

fade5 posted:

drat it

Sounds like a challenge

Migf bring ligur here

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

yeah Malacca. you need to conquer as much of the island chain as you can before expanding outward to lock up all the cash from gold and spices. What are you trying to colonize from Thailand?

I westernized via Africa -> Brazil, now I have colonies in Colombia, Mexico, Louisiana, Eastern US, and California too. Honestly I'm doing pretty well it's just that my finances have been stretched by inflation and loans

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

fade5 posted:

drat it

Hell most of the reason I started reading the me thread again was because he was gone

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

visceril posted:

Also pro-tip: nobody likes open offices.

Going to Target or IKEA to decorate your open office doesn't help in this regard.

what are you talking about? the execs and managers move immediately to the open office spaces since everyone likes them so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Aeryk posted:

what are you talking about? the execs and managers move immediately to the open office spaces since everyone likes them so much

the trends reversing. only management likes them b/c they save money and can better police workers.

• Locked thread