Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Is the game supposed to always start at 33.0.0.0 or whatever and then do 5 minutes of "Checking files" and downloading stuff? Can't they cache that poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Stop voting for Nuketown Domination if you don't want to play Domination

edit: Like seriously, this is asinine. The entire loving lobby votes for Nukedown Domination and then they run to their spawntrap spots and let me die on B alone, and then get killed, and then we get loving spawntrapped

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 13, 2015

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Less Fat Luke posted:

Is the game supposed to always start at 33.0.0.0 or whatever and then do 5 minutes of "Checking files" and downloading stuff? Can't they cache that poo poo?
It takes me <10 seconds to get to the latest version as long as I wait before pressing Enter. Checking Files is near-instant.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Rei_ posted:

Stop voting for Nuketown Domination if you don't want to play Domination

edit: Like seriously, this is asinine. The entire loving lobby votes for Nukedown Domination and then they run to their spawntrap spots and let me die on B alone, and then get killed, and then we get loving spawntrapped

Gotta pad that k/d, bro

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Talon r smart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0DA5OXEkuM

Does anybody know why the PS4 records videos at such a low volume, cause all my videos come out super quiet

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Javes posted:

Safeguard can be p cool.

Baby poo poo, I've been 80 bombs on safeguard, step your game up.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Malloc Voidstar posted:

It takes me <10 seconds to get to the latest version as long as I wait before pressing Enter. Checking Files is near-instant.
Weird, I'm on the PS4 and have a solid connection with open NAT yet this step takes minutes every time.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
edit: gone gone gone

Kouerson fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 23, 2015

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

You guys need to play Uplink, that is a cool and fun mode. It kinda plays like Juggernaut except you don't run faster, BUT you can throw the ball to another team mate or melee one hit kills which I find to be the most satisfying since for some stupid reason we can't melee knife anyone unless you're actually just running around with a knife. If I'm some augmented super tin man thingamajigger I should bash peoples heads like a soggy melon no problem!

Also play Uplink its fun as gently caress on that desert themed map with the tiny room in center.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I also like throwing the ball at somebody that is shooting me and watching as they struggle to understand what just happened as i shoot them.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I am really bad at this game. Looking forward to being carried by you all.
Requested to join the community.
PSN: givepatajob

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

Mill Village posted:

:siren: Hardcore KC and Dom are back! :siren:

If anyone wants to play HC KC add me - Ty Webb23. I couldn't find anyone last night - it's not the same teamkilling randoms people.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hello I have been told this game is not bad c/d?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Just as a pointer, anyone who wants a ton of One Shot, One Kill medals without needing to mess about with a sniper rifle, just head into hardcore with the MR6, the first pistol.

It's a nerf-gun in the campaign and core, but it's a OHK and a headshot machine in hardcore. Just double-tap while ADS'ing, and anything that isn't at extreme range will die as long as your aim isn't awful like mine. It's got a pretty respectable range too. It's giving me flashbacks to USP sniping from CoD4. :allears:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hello I have been told this game is not bad c/d?

Truth, surprisingly

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

Pretty_Llama posted:

If anyone wants to play HC KC add me - Ty Webb23. I couldn't find anyone last night - it's not the same teamkilling randoms people.

Apologies to anyone who was trying to invite me last night, after I upgraded to the NXBE I wasn't seeing any game or party invites. I checked and my notifications are on and I was seeing party join/leave messages. At least Bl3ps parties were holding together better.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Has anyone tried rapid fire on the kuda or vmr?

I long for rapid fire gimmick bull poo poo.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Took he M8A7 with me to Prestige 1 since it seems like a really good gun for sweat lobbies, the Gorgons nice but it's really more of a spawntrapping gun. I run the burger camo on everything so everyone steals my guns when i die T_T

Wrapped up Reaper and Battery's outfit unlocks, and to unlock the [CLASSIFIED] sets it's like, I have to literally max out every single character right?

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
Is there any way to see what you have unlocked in the black market? I opened a 30 crate and got three gun camos but I couldn't remember what gun the last one was for and since ~50% of the guns are still locked I can't even go looking one by one.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is anyone here actually looking for just the juggernog fridge? Co-worker found a PS4 edition he ended not wanting so I'm thinking I could grab it and sell off the fridge / coasters or whatever other poo poo it comes and keep the game / season pass

Zapper
Mar 14, 2006

Zap!

Pretty_Llama posted:

I sent you an invite and you ignored me :(

I had some great HCKC games! And yes you get kicked for TK with a nice announcement! :) looking at you Jetpack Jesus

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

Zapper posted:

I sent you an invite and you ignored me :(

I had some great HCKC games! And yes you get kicked for TK with a nice announcement! :) looking at you Jetpack Jesus

I tried to invite about four times since I saw you were paying HCKC haha - I think maybe the new update broke some stuff.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Yeah it seems like invite notifications are hosed

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I only noticed when I got one last night because it showed up as a notification on my PC. I couldn't find where to accept it on the Bone though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

commy gun posted:

Has anyone tried rapid fire on the kuda or vmr?

I long for rapid fire gimmick bull poo poo.

If it nerfs damage dropoff like it did in BLOPS 2, then it can go gently caress itself.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

It just gives a fairly small rof boost this time afaik.

I think it might give a little more on semi autos, it's small on full autos.

Still one of the only attachments that can help ttk, along with long barrel and high caliber.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

limited posted:

Just as a pointer, anyone who wants a ton of One Shot, One Kill medals without needing to mess about with a sniper rifle

shieva w/ high caliber, osk headshots in normal games. it's the headglitcher's arch nemesis

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or just the first or last shotgun.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I should have started using the XR-2 a long time ago.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Wazzit posted:

The only thing working for me is XR-2 with Varis sight, quick draw, and high caliber

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

The dredge is my favorite LMG. Did pretty well with it last night.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Wazzit posted:

:):hf::)

I hosed up the stats on the burst guns, forgot to include burst delay for worst burst and fix the timing. Makes them a lot less terrifyingly dominant (duh), but still strong.

XR2 is pretty great though. I had a rougher time with the M8, lot of failed two bursts.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

When I play I'll be up for HC whatever, HC FFA is my go-to solo game mode while I'm waiting. Fast matches let me grind out poo poo for my shotguns AND get cryptokeys pretty quickly. It's not the best for EXP, though.

Of course right now I finally got Fallout and am streaming that on my PC. So, you know. Twitch.tv/nighthand if you're bored enough to watch my random wanderings when I'm online, though!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Looks like they nerfed the Gorgon's ammo capacity a tiny bit

Still fine :v:

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

victrix posted:

:):hf::)

I hosed up the stats on the burst guns, forgot to include burst delay for worst burst and fix the timing. Makes them a lot less terrifyingly dominant (duh), but still strong.

XR2 is pretty great though. I had a rougher time with the M8, lot of failed two bursts.

I had to take Grip off to (un)intentionally get more headshots

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Drav posted:

I had to take Grip off to (un)intentionally get more headshots

The flinch is real. I've taken to aiming center mass instead of neck level, because aiming for headshots from recoil ends up with misses and deaths due to flinching off their loving head :eng99:

Excepting high cal ARs at range though. Those wreck, I'll risk the flinch.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHmEqg7Gwkk

I haven't gotten to the M8 yet, but I'm happy with the XR2 so far.

also friends don't let friends play safeguard. :shepicide:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

victrix posted:

Looks like they nerfed the Gorgon's ammo capacity a tiny bit

Still fine :v:
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comments/3sozdm/weapon_edits_for_331820/
Nerfed:
Gorgon
XR-2
Pharo
VMP
Haymaker

Buffed:
Razorback
HVK-30
Dingo
KRM-262
Argus
Locus

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
How cynical am I, that my first thought at seeing the KRM under "Buffed" was to call bullshit solely on the fact that it's a buckshot shotgun?

Haven't used the Argus yet, so I have no idea how good/bad it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Very close to picking this up. Been like 3 years since I played any cod.

But lol at them nerfing haymaker. "what's this? A shotgun is effective at cqc? Destroy it!"

• Locked thread