Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Could you elaborate on this?

I think he's just talking about BLADE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I think this is about making the thing BLADE is an acronym for slightly less silly. It went from "Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator" to "Builders of the Legacy After the Destruction of Earth".

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Motto posted:

I think he's just talking about BLADE.

Ah okay, I'm not really going to lose sleep over that tbh, nevermind

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Boobs are my favourite philosophical construct

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

TurnipFritter posted:

No.

I'm sure the intentional philosophical references in a Xeno game were really deep, and interesting, and added a lot to the plot.

See see that's something Nietzsche's said one time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

Same

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

As a fan of silly acronyms I prefer the original, but the localized version works just as well.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Ehh, there's probably more to it than that, but I actually like the BLADE change, honestly, sounded kinda weird otherwise.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Then what are you talking about?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Lol at then taking out a loving boob slider and people getting upset over it. Who cares.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

a cartoon duck posted:

Then what are you talking about?

There's gonna be a lot more changes to the script than just BLADE and dolls being renamed, treehouse practically declared this on the first direct relating to it. Not actually knowing the content of the original Japanese version doesn't really put me in much of a position to elaborate on what will change, but you can bet your rear end there going to be more and someone else will point it out in greater detail.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Lol at then taking out a loving boob slider and people getting upset over it. Who cares.

It detracts from the artistic integrety of the game.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

There's gonna be a lot more changes to the script than just BLADE and dolls being renamed, treehouse practically declared this on the first direct relating to it. Not actually knowing the content of the original Japanese version doesn't really put me in much of a position to elaborate on what will change, but you can bet your rear end there going to be more and someone else will point it out in greater detail.

Afaik all they've talked about are harmless name changes, like Doll->Skell and changing union titles to be more descriptive rather than "Cool English".

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Motto posted:

changing union titles to be more descriptive rather than "Cool English".

big mistake imo

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

lets hang out posted:

big mistake imo

Do the opposite and translate them into Cool Japanese.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have a high tolerance for poor Japanese English given how long I've been hearing it, but there are lines that must be drawn and Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator is where I draw that line. Points to them for using Emancipator though, not every day you see that in a Japanese game.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

"beyond the logos" means a thing and i think it's kind of weird that what they changed it to something that doesn't really match it, but w/e this game doesn't sound like it has a story worth caring about anyway

e: "artificial destiny emancipator" does tie kind of directly into something i do know about the story so actually that part is weird too, but maybe it's better this way?

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 13, 2015

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Let's hope they got rid of the vocals in the songs too

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lets hang out posted:

"beyond the logos" means a thing and i think it's kind of weird that what they changed it to something that doesn't really match it, but w/e this game doesn't sound like it has a story worth caring about anyway

e: "artificial destiny emancipator" does tie kind of directly into something i do know about the story so actually that part is weird too, but maybe it's better this way?

Confirmed set in the Escaflowne universe

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TurnipFritter posted:

No, that can stay

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Baal posted:

No, that can stay

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

lets hang out posted:

It's probably just as big an issue as if they had changed KOS-MOS name in 'saga or hosed around with Lacan's name in 'gears, or if Yaldabaoth wasn't the name of the one mech in 'blade. In other words, it'll gently caress up the depth of the narrative somewhat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Less then a month until this rear end in a top hat anime game comes out. I'm ready to finally play this fucker.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

TurnipFritter posted:

Offering vocals and instrumental versions would be neat imo, even though it won't happen

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

It detracts from the artistic integrety of the game.

This

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yo these males voices for the CAC are pretty good, especially Silverstein and Diskin. Howden's always good too, but I already listened to his voice for a whole game and he won't be yelling attacks from the rear position in this I'm sure.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I hope this gets a PC release like Dragon Quest Heroes because then I'll have no reason to want to buy a WiiU or a PS4.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

I hope this gets a PC release like Dragon Quest Heroes because then I'll have no reason to want to buy a WiiU or a PS4.

It's a first-party Nintendo game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm not sure how a PC release could ever be a remote possibility.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

PC doesn't have enough power

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The PC could not hope to run a game with character models as gross as this game's

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Colonel posted:

I'm not sure how a PC release could ever be a remote possibility.

Nintendo has fully owned Monolith Soft for years, but people still think they're a third party studio for some reason.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

This is being created and published by Nintendo. It will not happen.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Shut up and let me dream, you jerks. :(

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

TurnipFritter posted:

No.

I'm sure the intentional philosophical references in a Xeno game were really deep, and interesting, and added a lot to the plot.

Good or not it has still always been a part of the Xeno games and if you think they might as well just remove it completely then I have to wonder why you even care about the game in the first place. Unless you think the jrpg battle system is incredible.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think a lot of people have made it clear that come hell or high water they want to explore XBX's world more than they care about story, gameplay and chars. I mean they're not wrong to, the scenery and enemies are just beautifully designed. I really don't care about the changes personally because I've already seen what the game's story has to offer and it is less than p much every Xeno game has.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I guess it makes sense that people that only care for the open world part or mechs don't care what NoA does to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Shut up and let me dream, you jerks. :(

It's not a 'maybe one day ...' dealio like Dragon's Dogma or Final Fantasy turned out to be, Nintendo categorically will never release their mainline games on other formats whilst any of their leadership still lives and breathes

• Locked thread