Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

are we still going to be dealing with ultranationalistic fascist parties in 200 years

The slate will have been wiped clean, backlash against gay, minority and women's rights will result in a firm re-assertion of traditional values

The movement for individual human rights will be remembered as a time of chaos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Badger of Basra posted:

twitch shows of what

not even just eve stuff anymore, all kinds of games its just watching regular goonfleet personalities play games now, like I said a brand to follow and be apart of. there isn't even really requirements for joining goonfleet greater, they now have a filler fleet thats not apart of goonfleet proper but still the CFC as a whole

though we're talking like seven plus years since retirement, I don't think making money off this became a viable thing until like two years ago

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

SedanChair posted:

The slate will have been wiped clean, backlash against gay, minority and women's rights will result in a firm re-assertion of traditional values

The movement for individual human rights will be remembered as a time of chaos

it's possible

history suggests we're dumb for thinking that there's such a thing as progress or that it's linear

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I dont think history has a model for modernity

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Badger of Basra posted:

why are you even considering attendance

Look, there are only so many people in this world who will play Mansions of Madness with me and it seems at least one of them teetotalling cult member.

Also a bunch of other friends who I don't really get to see very often are also going so it's worth it.

Plus it seems more like a "house" rule than his personal rule. It's not actually his house.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Disinterested posted:

it's possible

history suggests we're dumb for thinking that there's such a thing as progress or that it's linear

i think climate change has the potential to really gently caress with everything and lock everyone into a solid FYGM Malthusian mindset

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Aeryk posted:

when do adults get together to play boardgames sober? fyi I don't consider pro chess players adults

chess and dominoes are played non-professionally at parks a lot of the time

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

Berke Negri posted:

not even just eve stuff anymore, all kinds of games its just watching regular goonfleet personalities play games now, like I said a brand to follow and be apart of. there isn't even really requirements for joining goonfleet greater, they now have a filler fleet thats not apart of goonfleet proper but still the CFC as a whole

though we're talking like seven plus years since retirement, I don't think making money off this became a viable thing until like two years ago

you have to make partner in goonfleet? lol

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

i think climate change has the potential to really gently caress with everything and lock everyone into a solid FYGM Malthusian mindset

nobody's gonna believe in climate change until it starts killin white folks though

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Aeryk posted:

you have to make partner in goonfleet? lol

goonfleet is probably more structured than most small businesses and even has an erstaz hr dept

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
There's a sale on EVE at Greenmangaming. It's a sign of fate, Warsz.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

The Warszawa posted:

that's true. come to think of it I played backgammon with a dude on the train once, so I guess I'm just full of poo poo

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

yeah although we're supposed to believe that capitalism totally defeated the malthusian trap so we'll see about that

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

zoux posted:

I dont think history has a model for modernity

oh, word?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

when I was unemployed the war with reddit was going on in 2013 so that was the last time I was playing eve and sometimes I'd just leave comms on while I'd go do something else and every now and then the room would be almost empty and you'd have FCs on just bullshitting with each other about making their hours for the week and whose getting promoted and who isn't and it was very office lol

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Badger of Basra posted:

but why do you want to be banned

i only like their fashion, not their politics badger

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

check your epistemes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How did globalization affect the greeks

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

goonfleet is probably more structured than most small businesses and even has an erstaz hr dept
tbf you can say this about most eve alliances that were worth a drat in pvp

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Berke Negri posted:

when I was unemployed the war with reddit was going on in 2013 so that was the last time I was playing eve and sometimes I'd just leave comms on while I'd go do something else and every now and then the room would be almost empty and you'd have FCs on just bullshitting with each other about making their hours for the week and whose getting promoted and who isn't and it was very office lol

I never heard any of that when I was there

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Aeryk posted:

when do adults get together to play boardgames sober? fyi I don't consider pro chess players adults

I want to refute you with amateur chess playing but twenty is stretching adult sometimes and sobriety such a tenuous thing..

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

The Warszawa posted:

my cuban board game epistemes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

one of the top russian speaking fcs basically was a contractor with irl salary, a good one to it
workload though is bad, herding dummies for good 15-20 hours per day with no holiday

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

zoux posted:

How did globalization affect the greeks

there has always been globalisation-esque pressures on sophisticated maritime trading economies, breaking the malthusian rule through takeoff is honestly the bigger development by far

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

Please surrender your guyabara

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

both dbrb and vee had school and a job respectively iirc but the goon logistics people worked loving backbreaking hours

this is all putting aside the people who can make like crazy spacebank and turn it in to money I guess and also the elusifs of this world

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

I remember elusif fireselling all his pcs because he'd been multibox grinding to sell isk for real money and had capital actually sunk in to making it and loads of eve people suddenly going negative on isk because they thought he used precautions and he didn't

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

how does eve affect iceland's economy

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Disinterested posted:

both dbrb and vee had school and a job respectively iirc but the goon logistics people worked loving backbreaking hours

this is all putting aside the people who can make like crazy spacebank and turn it in to money I guess and also the elusifs of this world

You seem well informed. Did you flee England because the Crown seeks you for EVE related crimes?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Randler posted:

You seem well informed. Did you flee England because the Crown seeks you for EVE related crimes?

I played eve for a couple of years on and off, I was never in illum or anything though

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

how does eve affect iceland's economy
ccp games is 0.5% of iceland's gdp per 2013

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Badger of Basra posted:

pardon?

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

zoux posted:

Please surrender your guyabara

smdh

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

a joke about how people who play dominoes and chess in the park are often cuban

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Badger of Basra posted:

a joke about how people who play dominoes and chess in the park are often cuban

oh word

not so much these days :smith:

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
master of none is real good y'all

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So can you just put a turret anywhere in a settlement and itll do,the job

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

my acquaintance was so pissed with his failure to find the 'special' workshop tab to build chair for some grandma that he put it up in the middle of the road so she can chill out in the rain :laffo:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

things my friend posts on instagram: selfies, pictures of starbucks cup, selfies w/starbucks cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

things my friend posts on instagram: selfies, pictures of starbucks cup, selfies w/starbucks cup

White girl?

• Locked thread