Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Coolguye posted:

WHY

ARE YOU IDIOTS

DISCUSSING A RETARDED SEMANTIC

WITH AN OBVIOUS TROLL

there are no trolls, only rats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Coolguye posted:

WHY

ARE YOU IDIOTS

DISCUSSING A RETARDED SEMANTIC

WITH AN OBVIOUS TROLL

Coolguye is right guys... lets just follow Paul Anka's advice and get back to talking about cool rat killing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlKao_Pox5A

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I somehow just got my first orange when I rolled 6 successes with no grimoires on a hard level, and it's a rapier which is one of my favorite weapons. It has heroic killing blow on it for charge attacks (chance to instakill anything, including roger). It got a 2.5% chance out of a possible 1-3%.

HERE

WE

GO

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I somehow just got my first orange when I rolled 6 successes with no grimoires on a hard level, and it's a rapier which is one of my favorite weapons. It has heroic killing blow on it for charge attacks (chance to instakill anything, including roger). It got a 2.5% chance out of a possible 1-3%.

HERE

WE

GO

Thats a really good item. The guy in my group has the same thing and three maps in a row he one shotted the rogre on wheat and chaff. It is amazing.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

That's going to be fun, considering how fast the rapier's charged attack comes out and that the rapier charge is what you want for single target damage anyway.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Snatch Duster is a vile troll, it's true. He revealed all to me in this startling confessional. The guilt must have been too great for his conscious to bear.

Behold the proof!

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

Snatch Duster is a vile troll, it's true. He revealed all to me in this startling confessional. The guilt must have been too great for his conscious to bear.

Behold the proof!

i don't think we can be friends, friendo.

*de-buddies Chomp8645 on User Control Panel*

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Arguing with Snatch Duster is bad because after you're done you feel slightly guilty for mocking a 12 year old and he doesn't really care because his mum calls him down stairs for his dinner and gets all his laundry done for him and doesn't pay any rent.

Who is the real winner here?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Kitchner posted:

Arguing with Snatch Duster is bad because after you're done you feel slightly guilty for mocking a 12 year old and he doesn't really care because his mum calls him down stairs for his dinner and gets all his laundry done for him and doesn't pay any rent.

Who is the real winner here?

Me. I have fun clicking on rats.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Snatch Duster posted:

i don't think we can be friends, friendo.

*de-buddies Chomp8645 on User Control Panel*

Never noticed SA had a buddy list feature until now.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
I'm level 70, exploited the heck out of black powder before it was cool, and still don't have any drakefire pistols. I can't really fault people thirsting for loot when they don't even start you with a complete set of whites.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

What the gently caress is this cheat engine you guys keep referring to, and how is Steam/Fat Shark not catching people doing it?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Apeshit Sixfingers posted:

What the gently caress is this cheat engine you guys keep referring to, and how is Steam/Fat Shark not catching people doing it?

it's client-side memory editing, anti-cheat stuff generally doesn't care about stuff like that because it's a goddamn rabbit hole to even attempt to moderate

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Senethro posted:

I'm level 70, exploited the heck out of black powder before it was cool, and still don't have any drakefire pistols. I can't really fault people thirsting for loot when they don't even start you with a complete set of whites.

I just got my first set of Drakefires and they came with Targeteer. :getin:

This game just goddamn loves my Bardin.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The game decided it loved my witch hunter and I am completely okay with that.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Apeshit Sixfingers posted:

It's just not worth the effort I think the only company who even tries is Blizzard. You need local nanny software to scan for common programs being run in the background and those are notoriously buggy (and exploitable). And frankly in a co-op game it's not worth banning people like that because if you're desperate enough to edit your memory files you'll be first in line to buy DLC.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Couldn't they just make grimoire count a server-side thing? Or at least put in a check to see if it's >2? Seems odd to trust the client with it but what do I know.

In other news after running round with white a axe & shield and a green handgun for dwarf for loving AGES despite him being my second most played character, I finally got my first orange (an ax) and then blue drakefires the next mission. I was leery of a one-hander with no shield but it attacks super fast and one-shots clanrats on hard. The drakefires (14.5% chance for an extra projectile and decreased spread) are pretty rad too.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 14, 2015

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Does the video game have customization options in the Loot?

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're
My first and only set of drake fires is blue and came with -10% overheat and who cares what else cause -10% overheat. Are there even green and white drake fires?

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Why does this game not have a yell button!?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Having tried them now, the Drakefires' primary fire is useful but sorta eh but the secondary is a real winner for when you're charging into a fight.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I've gotten very lucky with trinkets. 3 greens and 2 blues by level 27. I'm currently using a 20% chance to not consume a bomb when I throw one, and one that heals me for 15% of my missing health when I heal someone else with a medkit. When I hit level 30 I'll add one that gives a 4% chance to duplicate an item I pick up (which is a pretty low chance but hilarious when I just spit out an extra bomb).

The real awesome thing is that the game has shuffled every single one of my rare drops to characters who aren't the elf. All blues and my 1 orange went to other characters.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Night10194 posted:

Having tried them now, the Drakefires' primary fire is useful but sorta eh but the secondary is a real winner for when you're charging into a fight.

It works great with a 2H weapon when you want some breathing room to get back in rhythm.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The main reason the primary is still really useful is just that it's always there and can hurt anything, so I can magdump them into an oncoming stormvermin or whatever just fine without worrying about ammo and leave ammo around for my buddy's dual pistols.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I think a bunch of free to play stuff like nexon games and warframe and the like will either not let you launch the game or even ban your account if you have cheatengine running (or maybe even installed), which is the only real way to prevent it "easily", but also generates a lot of bad pr since it's monitoring the rest of your PC's operations.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Mendrian posted:

It's just not worth the effort I think the only company who even tries is Blizzard. You need local nanny software to scan for common programs being run in the background and those are notoriously buggy (and exploitable). And frankly in a co-op game it's not worth banning people like that because if you're desperate enough to edit your memory files you'll be first in line to buy DLC.

CCP monitors this stuff with EVE Online pretty closely.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Treating client side data as inherently untrustworthy can go a long way if you've got a server. Other than that, most ways are kind of sketchy and aren't 100% reliable.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

AndroidHub posted:

I think a bunch of free to play stuff like nexon games and warframe and the like will either not let you launch the game or even ban your account if you have cheatengine running (or maybe even installed), which is the only real way to prevent it "easily", but also generates a lot of bad pr since it's monitoring the rest of your PC's operations.

Generally won't throw a fit if it's installed, (gently caress you Pound of Ground), but running it when the game is up will boot/ban you instantly in a lot of those cases.

Shachar
Apr 5, 2006

Any more intel on whether a blue or orange Hagsbane is potentially worthwhile?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I tried one on hard and it was okay I guess. I used it during hordes when standing next to ammo crates and got 100 kills with it so it at least can kill things instead of giving them gas or whatever.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
I got my first orange today and it was a great hammer without anything amazing going for it in terms of abilities.

I did get a set of pistols for the witch hunter though that have a chance of replenishing ammo and healing on a kill.

A question about what's more effective. I've got a green two handed sword that heals Kruber a bit sometimes when he kills something but I also have blue two handed sword that doesn't do anything as good.

Is the damage increase from green to Blue worth losing the healing?

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Kitchner posted:

I got my first orange today and it was a great hammer without anything amazing going for it in terms of abilities.

I did get a set of pistols for the witch hunter though that have a chance of replenishing ammo and healing on a kill.

A question about what's more effective. I've got a green two handed sword that heals Kruber a bit sometimes when he kills something but I also have blue two handed sword that doesn't do anything as good.

Damage matters mainly in terms of how many hits it takes to kill a clanrat. As you go up in difficulty, a given weapon may go from 1 - 2, and that's when you will notice a significant difference. However, this also depends on your role, so a shield user doesn't care so much as he's mainly just going to be stunlocking them with shoves and bashes. Or a 2h hammer doesn't care so much as you're going for wide sweeps that hit & stun everything in front of you.

So back to your question, it depends how it performs at various difficulties. Maybe the green works out on Hard, but isn't so good on Nightmare.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.

Kitchner posted:

If the difficulty level you're playing on means the colour upgrades cuts the strikes to kill on clan rats from 3 to 2 or better, then yes. Alternatively if it makes your sweep attack onehit the slaves.

Edit: my phone posting too slow. Gotta git gud

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Also just got an orange trinket that halves the health reduction grimoires give you. Safe to say I'm pretty happy.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Buddy of mine got his second ever blue for the dwarf and I hear over the comms 'What the gently caress icon is that?' and already knew it was a Drakefire.

Lucky bastard got Stability and Targeteer on it, too. Dwarven plasma pistols are wonderful fun.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

So I've got an orange handgun for my dwarf with puncture, and I'm stuck with a green handgun for my soldier. I finish a nightmare run as the soldier and get a blue handgun with master crafted and puncture... for the dwarf. The dice are dicks.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

There seems to be a bug with the elf's single sword. I have a white one and a blue one in my inventory, and the stats say the blue one does more normal attack damage but less charge attack damage.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Had my first lovely elf pub. Was on enemy below and he was either way ahead or way behind the entire time. We blew up the pillar at the end and I had died on the way out. I was able to spectate as the elf hung back and Legolased a bunch of slave rats in a choke point. He then got pule ratt'ed and started to complain that no one helped him. The team gets near the surface and rescues me and we make our way to the wagon. We rescue him and 3 of us get in the wagon. Elfkin douche decides to take on a storm vermin and has to run around a huge loop around the house by the wagon. He goes down and the witch hunter is feeling charitable and goes and rescues him again. From the time he died the first time until he got in the wagon he was bitching about how we didn't back him up. Luckily the other two told him that he was being an rear end. But that was enough for me. Fuckin elfs.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Well, that'll do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I have a trinket that gives 20% chance not to spend a bomb when I throw it. It just let me throw the same bomb at a rat ogre 4 times in a row :laffo:

• Locked thread