Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
The T2LT kind of sucks now. Here's my pastebin again:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MP0-LCebK9_X5N6_5c8-wzkR7fMaaBNhoxLw2dTQU0o/edit?usp=sharing

Oh wait, what's that? It's not on pastebin anymore? Cool maybe now it won't loving disappear.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16JIzr-QN1sAyKfH993G3InG9zERttrfFdLfWGRSb0tQ/edit?usp=sharing

List of premiums. Now that that's sorted out, I'll do a write-up on the other premium tanks soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

WitchFetish posted:

Ace badges are cool and good, while vegans who can't even troll dnd properly are rather lame hth

Good thing that I'm not vegan then :v:

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I'm salty and I suck.
http://wotreplays.com/site/2273063#steppes-west007-t32

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Hellsau posted:

The T2LT kind of sucks now. Here's my pastebin again:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MP0-LCebK9_X5N6_5c8-wzkR7fMaaBNhoxLw2dTQU0o/edit?usp=sharing

Oh wait, what's that? It's not on pastebin anymore? Cool maybe now it won't loving disappear.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16JIzr-QN1sAyKfH993G3InG9zERttrfFdLfWGRSb0tQ/edit?usp=sharing

List of premiums. Now that that's sorted out, I'll do a write-up on the other premium tanks soon.

The Excelsior is a nuisance because I can't penetrate it anywhere from the front with gold ammo in the KV-220, but there aren't a huge number around and they generally like to let me shoot them in the side.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Excelsior is funny because its rear end is almost as armored as its front so idiot will get behind it and still bounce. Shoot it in the sides thank you.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Bleremiah posted:

The Excelsior is a nuisance because I can't penetrate it anywhere from the front with gold ammo in the KV-220, but there aren't a huge number around and they generally like to let me shoot them in the side.

Gotta hit the gun hole with KV-220 gold, or get a decent pen roll on the flat turret face. Fortunately the Excelsior's AP is pretty awful so the majority of enemy Excelsiors won't pen you while you whittle them down.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
What the gently caress is wrong with these people.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Why did you touch the poop? Don't post on the official forums.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
regardless, that's some pretty excellent poop touching and I am glad youdidit

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Funny story, one of my longest chatbans was for calling someone a "loving idiot" in game. Good times.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

:vince:

Well done!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I apologize for speaking out of turn, veteran player.

Also, what screencap-program do folks around here use? I stuck with greenshot and hyperdesktop to upload to imgur for the longest while, but now neither seem to work without problems in "communicating" with imgur.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
F12printscreen takes a screenshot and put it in your wot\screenshots folder. Good enough for me.

e: gently caress wrong button

Terrorist Fistbump fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 13, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I apologize for speaking out of turn, veteran player.

Also, what screencap-program do folks around here use? I stuck with greenshot and hyperdesktop to upload to imgur for the longest while, but now neither seem to work without problems in "communicating" with imgur.

My keyboard is pretty fancy, it has this "prt scn" button which I assume stands for Private Scorn. When I press it, it saves an image of my client into the "screenshots" folder inside my "world of tanks" folder. It's very helpful.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I know we really love our edge in here, and I, too, have such a fancy keyboard, but I was figuring I'm not the only one that enjoys one-button functionality for capturing a region on your screen, automatically uploading it to an image-share-website and saving the link to your clipboard.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://fraps.com/

But you still have the problem of having to go digging through file folders to find the screen shots before you can upload them and all that drudgery. :suicide:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I know we really love our edge in here, and I, too, have such a fancy keyboard, but I was figuring I'm not the only one that enjoys one-button functionality for capturing a region on your screen, automatically uploading it to an image-share-website and saving the link to your clipboard.

Oh. Use the Snipping Tool in Windows to select a region, hit the copy button to copy it to the clipboard, head to imgur and paste it. Or just screenshot, go to imgur, upload the screenshot and check the box to edit it on the site.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have a friend who uses Gyazo for that but I've never used it myself.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I think the vast majority of people here just screenshot the whole screen and upload it manually, I haven't heard anyone using a program to do it all at once :v:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Yeah I just use Fraps. I have a link to my screenshot folder on my desktop, and just drag-and-drop them from there to imgur. Or open them in some editor first to crop the relevant part.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I had someone recommend ShareX but I haven't tried it (or even looked at the website all that closely). PrnScn generally kneads my suits.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Subtle troll or wehraboo at work? http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/472346-is-3-does-1488-damage/

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

McGavin posted:

Why did you touch the poop? Don't post on the official forums.

Of all the things I say to people on those loving forums, "Don't be an idiot" is probably the very least offensive by far. The stupid thing is that I guarantee the only reason that post was even reviewed is because it was autoflagged because of the word Nazi.

I wouldn't post there at all, except I have to type at work so that people think I actually do something. It's very cathartic to say to people there what I wish I could say to people at work. On these forums, I'm just an idiot. Over there, I'm a loving rear end in a top hat.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Subtly is for the weak.

Veteran's Day! Thank you for your service!

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

:eyepop: very naice

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Got the 8k combined damage for HT-15 for the T28 again, this time on the right mission. Shame we lost really, but turns out it's not super hard to do in the IS-3 so I imagine it'll happen again with honors if I don't do MT/TD/SPG by then.

One more female crew member and I've got the full set for the AMX-30.

Not sure what to do with the ones after her, maybe start on a german medium crew.

And then got Ace Tanker in the KV-4, not a special match just bouncing /blocking a lot and clicking on red tanks. Probably has a lower bar than most tanks since it's not very popular.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

:shepicide:

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Played like a drat fiddle.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
http://wotreplays.com/site/2274483#el_halluf-steelion-m103

Dammit why couldn't this have happened when I still needed HT-15. ~10500 damage dealt, blocked, or received. Only a first class :smith:

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

I had a 3.5k/5 kill loss in the T-44 last night. It would've been a x5 win. :shepicide: indeed

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

So are you guys excited about the Centurion Action X?
Good, because its top speed is being nerfed to 40 kph
http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/11/912-hidden-changes.html

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

mmkay posted:

You misread it. The numbers in brackets are the old numbers.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

mmkay posted:

Why would they nerf the already crappy AMX 12t?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Desuwa posted:

You misread it. The numbers in brackets are the old numbers.

I am dumb

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

mmkay posted:

The KV-220 is getting a big terrain resistance nerf, the IS-8 gets a 250/201 front/side armor buff on its top turret and the useless Kanonenjagdpanzer is getting even more zippy?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The KV-220 is getting a big terrain resistance nerf

It also goes from 650 horsepower to 850. It basically drives the same for the most part on test, maybe accelerating a little faster.

ZiddyCat
Aug 5, 2013

The cat that drives a tank
Sometimes I find myself thinking of when I enjoyed this game and the clan wars experience and I actually miss those times. World of Tanks used to be fun?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ZiddyCat posted:

Sometimes I find myself thinking of when I enjoyed this game and the clan wars experience and I actually miss those times. World of Tanks used to be fun?

Is this Stockholm Syndrome or Battered Wife Syndrome? I can understand thinking you enjoyed this game, since when the game isn't being sabotaged by other players not trying to help their team win the game it can be very fun, but if you thought Clan Wars was ever fun then I don't even know. Spending a whole lot of time on a terrible browser interface to work out how to best fight hordes of worthless clans and going 15-0 night after night wasn't particularly fun, and losing games after all the callers burn out isn't fun, and once Skirmish tournaments started giving out massive amounts of gold CW kind of lost any real incentive. I guess fancy pixel tanks are nice, but all my previous fancy pixel tanks were won by just joining random lovely clans and pretending I'm a naturalist studying a particularly advanced ape colony - I could not imagine how tedious it must be to be an officer in a clan during a campaign, and having to focus on getting as many people as many battles as possible, dealing with WGA's insane lack of care for poo poo like the chat bug locking people out of battles, and the goddamn campaigns last forever.

Speaking of which, the fourth campaign apparently starts on November 23 on the EU server, and the campaign will be delayed until January on NA. So we get to see just how horrible it'll be on EU before experiencing it ourselves.

ZiddyCat
Aug 5, 2013

The cat that drives a tank

Hellsau posted:

Is this Stockholm Syndrome or Battered Wife Syndrome? I can understand thinking you enjoyed this game, since when the game isn't being sabotaged by other players not trying to help their team win the game it can be very fun, but if you thought Clan Wars was ever fun then I don't even know. Spending a whole lot of time on a terrible browser interface to work out how to best fight hordes of worthless clans and going 15-0 night after night wasn't particularly fun, and losing games after all the callers burn out isn't fun, and once Skirmish tournaments started giving out massive amounts of gold CW kind of lost any real incentive. I guess fancy pixel tanks are nice, but all my previous fancy pixel tanks were won by just joining random lovely clans and pretending I'm a naturalist studying a particularly advanced ape colony - I could not imagine how tedious it must be to be an officer in a clan during a campaign, and having to focus on getting as many people as many battles as possible, dealing with WGA's insane lack of care for poo poo like the chat bug locking people out of battles, and the goddamn campaigns last forever.

Speaking of which, the fourth campaign apparently starts on November 23 on the EU server, and the campaign will be delayed until January on NA. So we get to see just how horrible it'll be on EU before experiencing it ourselves.

It's neither. I know we never talked a whole lot personally, (if any) but you know I've been around a day or two in this terrible videogame. Stuff like the SCC war, fighting over Paris every night and strategizing with Bring and Bawbaw over how we'd call our opposition abortions in ingame chat was honestly a lot of fun for me. The first time we ever fielded for a quad and won every single match, including our LZ defense, was one of my proudest nights as a pretend tank company leader in a craptier videogame. Forming the hot pants alliance with SGLE and then absorbing them when they died which, at the time, I didn't understand why they did. Hahaha how that changed.

Honestly I suppose I'm just bitter that Wargaming took the fun of clan wars away from me 2 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

oh right clan wars used to exist on a Europe map. I was farming gold with PURPL when I first started doing clan wars so I guess I missed the actual fun. Maybe the original CW was fun, but it hasn't been for a long time.

That was more than two years ago. Rest in peace fun. Farming gold in Britain wasn't particularly fun because there were just tons of terrible clans every night forever and it was a total slaughter every time. If they could do a campaign that offered a reason for competition and an actual reward for performing well, that might recapture some of the magic for you, but fat chance of that ever happening.