Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
You got a replay? Send it to WG for their RNG videos. Also post it here so we can see it live and in color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Something magical just happened:

We steamroll the enemy on Westfield, their two remaining guys in an M4 and M4E3 hide between the bridge pillars. I key up my finest "BANZAIIII" in allchat and dive off the bridge right on top of both of them. Weirdly enough, I didn't get credit for the kills since the impact somehow didn't kill them and, instead, they slowly withered away under my hulk, with the E3 trying to inch out from under me and almost getting pushed out when exploding. Both kills were listed as "enemy crashed".

:(

/ninjaedit:
The picture doesn't really do it justice, my tank is actually sitting atop the M4 on the right despite looking like being behind it.

Post the replay you motherfucker.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Platoon your tier 10 medium with two tier 10 TDs and hope for matchmaker to bug the gently caress out.

My only tier 9 medium is the AMX 30 which is great and I love it. Also my only tier 9 tank, and highest tier tank. I play tanks very irregularly.

To be fair, I got something fun like 1920 damage to TD's done in a match a week or so ago.

So I've got a few tier 8 TD's unlocked to choose from, the ISU, the SU-101 and the AT-15. I'm thinking the ISU-152 because it's got the fun gun. The AT-15 doesn't look like anything special, and had fairly meh testimonials earlier but does eventually lead onto the 183 which is a silly tank for doing silly things, and it's a shame I wasn't playing more back when it's HESH round was more dumb. As for the SU-101, it appears to be the SU-100M1 except with 2 degrees of gun depression, holy poo poo. Even if it gets the gun from the tier above, I'm in pain imagining 2 degrees of gun depression.

I think I've just convinced myself to get the ISU.

Hey Hellsau, wanna try pastebin for the fifteenth time?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I will make it into a google doc when I get home because lol pastebin.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Hellsau posted:

Post the replay you motherfucker.

Aww, poo poo, looking at the replay, it seems like I died crashing into the pillar, so my wreck "got credit" for the kills, explaining the "enemy crashed".
Also, it seems like I only caught the E3, the M4 right beneath me was sniped by our T-28 a split second before I hit it. Could have been such a perfect moment. :(

I'll upload the replay in a bit, but it's a lot less spectacular now.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Aww, poo poo, looking at the replay, it seems like I died crashing into the pillar, so my wreck "got credit" for the kills, explaining the "enemy crashed".
Also, it seems like I only caught the E3, the M4 right beneath me was sniped by our T-28 a split second before I hit it. Could have been such a perfect moment. :(

I'll upload the replay in a bit, but it's a lot less spectacular now.

it'll look perfect without a HUD anyway.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

http://wotreplays.com/site/2269802#westfield-presidentgingrich-o-i_experimental

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Bought the ISU, I guess the strategy here is to shoot gold out of the SU-152's gun til I've got 70k exp. Pricey.

EDIT: Certainly works top tier.

Real Cool Catfish fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 11, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Haha thanks, this is great.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Bleremiah posted:

Bought the ISU, I guess the strategy here is to shoot gold out of the SU-152's gun til I've got 70k exp. Pricey.

EDIT: Certainly works top tier.

The strategy is to garagespin until you have 65k free exp and then enjoy the glorious BL-10.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Eh, the 152mm derp is adequate post-HEAT pen buff. 250mm of pen is fine enough, and #snapshotmeta is pretty good for 152mm derps.

Do not ever use any of the 122mm guns on the ISU.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Never even thought about using them on the SU-152, assumed they were just there to push the BL-10 a little further away.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I had a lot some fun with the 3162 base DPM of the SU-152/122.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

I had a lot some fun with the 3162 base DPM of the SU-152/122.

There is a premium version of that now though so there's even less reason to play the SU-152122.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

True, but you still have to get through it somehow. Nothing wrong with playing some rounds with the pew-pew gun since you'll have to unlock them sooner or later anyway.

utvolsbaby
May 19, 2004
Go Big Orange

Amazing. Well done.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
3300 damage in the 207, highest in the game by a thousand, 6th for xp, second class mastery. God drat arty gets shafted for xp :(

Relatedly this thing isn't so bad when you're liberal with the AP. You're not splashing anything anyway, and short of T95s and E100s you can punch through just about anything you hit.

Missed my mission (SPG-8) by 150 damage.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

O-I trip report:

Really enjoy the armor gained over the Experimental, really miss the mobility and acceleration it had. The stock gun feels fine with its higher pen and the 200 gold pen at least gives you some options in games where you're in the lower tier. Mixed feelings about the 15cm...blapping low-tier-tanks is boatloads of fun, but in games where I actually need to pen armored things, I don't have enough experience in handling HEAT shells. I know you're not supposed to shoot at angled armor, but it really gives the gun a bit of a bitter taste.

Put vents, a rammer and GLD on it, got four steel walls so far. Impressive fat fucker.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
So the M4 Improved that is the special for today only has the M3 76mm gun, so say hi to tier 7s in a premium medium tank with 92mm pen shells, or 127mm with gold.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Click here to see me get hosed by RNG. :suicide:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Help I'm starting to enjoy the FV207

Won like 70%+ of my games in it today, and all of them were solid, and kind of fun. Except the city games, but even then I could usually get some damage in.

Also finally got the Ace in it today!

http://wotreplays.com/site/2270529#abbey-steelion-fv207

I had a game a couple days ago where I did almost as much damage, but since it was a tier 8 game vs tier 10 I got like 400 xp less.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Steelion posted:

The biggest problem with the Foch that I see is just that power creep has not been kind to it. It has a glacial autoloader, which means that most tanks can actually afford to peek out and take a shot before the 155 can fire again. 5 seconds is an eternity, and it mans you can't really magdump anything. By extension, this means that the 5 second reload is only really useful when there are enough tanks to shoot at that one or two of them backing into cover after the first hit doesn't mean you're wasting your advantage. This is combined with nonexistent side armor and enormous frontal weakspots. I haven't played it, but if it's anything like the other french tanks, it probably has awful gun handling too.

All this adds up to what sounds like a great tank if you enjoy fighting tooth and nail to actually get your gun to hit where you're aiming, which for a tank with a 40-50 second clip reload sounds like hell.

Eh, some power creep but mostly the massive nerf that WG put on it.
The tier 9 Foch used to be common and nasty as hell, but is rarely seen now and same goes for the Foch155.

You could say that the Foch got Foched. :confuoot:

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Oh that's frustrating when that happens. You had it fully aimed in too.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Cardiac posted:

Eh, some power creep but mostly the massive nerf that WG put on it.
The tier 9 Foch used to be common and nasty as hell, but is rarely seen now and same goes for the Foch155.

You could say that the Foch got Foched. :confuoot:

True, power creep wouldnt have touched the "old" Foch155

Massive nerfs, totaly wrecked the TD, it lost mobility, speed, armor, reload, damage, aiming.. all at once!!!
"perfect" solution for WG, they didnt even try to balance it. they just smacked it really hard with nerfhammer.

Used to play 3man foch155 platoons, was really fun, but now i dont think i even see it at all..

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
That give me vicarious pangs of loss as when they nerfed the Marder 2 into a shell of its former glory.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Descar posted:

True, power creep wouldnt have touched the "old" Foch155

Massive nerfs, totaly wrecked the TD, it lost mobility, speed, armor, reload, damage, aiming.. all at once!!!
"perfect" solution for WG, they didnt even try to balance it. they just smacked it really hard with nerfhammer.

Used to play 3man foch155 platoons, was really fun, but now i dont think i even see it at all..

Squish posted:

That give me vicarious pangs of loss as when they nerfed the Marder 2 into a shell of its former glory.

Most of the nerfs that WG have done have been pretty well deserved.
And rather it is how the nerfs were implemented which killed of a bunch of tanks.
Like for instance the French TDs, where first the Fochs were nerfed to death followed by the TD view range and came nerf which killed off the Somua S35, which basically makes it no point in playing the French TD tree.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Squish posted:

Oh that's frustrating when that happens. You had it fully aimed in too.

It's okay, I still got Arty-15 with honors and Ace Tanker, but yeah, I was pretty choked about it after what I had to do to get to that point.

In an unrelated note: you can sell the Scorpion for about 7,500 credits. :toot:

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

It's so loving depressing to see the lights on your team uselessly suicide themselves on Prokhorovka while you can see the unspotted enemy WZ-132 murder your whole team for 7k spotting and 2k own damage.
Almost as depressing as driving a T95, getting to the frontlines after 4 minutes of driving forward and dying to the singular enemy arty within 10 seconds of being spotted.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Prokhorovka is great for depressing poo poo like that. Like the time my team was crushing the other team, but then lost half our tanks crossing over the railroad tracks into the completely exposed enemy base because there were three tier 10 TDs including two WTE100s in the west treeline that they couldn't spot.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
God, having a few camping tier 10 TD's in the bottom left hand corner is painful on that map, when you've won and they're all that's left. You know you've got to take them out but the first couple of tanks are getting eaten.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Gnggfh.
So our 1 platoon (which was comprised of 58+% winrate players (correction it was 56, 58 and 59) ) decided to go valley on Lakeville, taking half the team with them. By the time the rest of us managed to somehow defeat the city, the enemy IS-3 was down 300 HP and up 8 kills :negative:

mmkay fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 12, 2015

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Bleremiah posted:

God, having a few camping tier 10 TD's in the bottom left hand corner is painful on that map, when you've won and they're all that's left. You know you've got to take them out but the first couple of tanks are getting eaten.

or you shepherd your pubbies to stay just inside render range and then you pick your way along the west road through the bushes

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
the M4 Improved sale makes me laugh

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Good day to be that IS-3, drat.

As for the ISU, I'm bad at proper TD's again and the medium tank play style doesn't work super well for it. Improving though! Simultaneously playing SU-122-44 to make up for the massive credit sink the HEAT only ISU is and doing much better with it. I can play it a bit more medium-y at times, and it's got fairly dumb camo, where I'm firing then seeking cover for a few seconds until I realise I've not been spotted.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Agrajag posted:

The amount of people having bought it defending it makes me laugh even more. Even Joe Pubbie will weigh in on the conversation with "but its gun is poo poo and it sees tier 7".

In O-I news, I think I may have fallen in love with this thing. I'm past that sheltered-from-tier8-match experience and, while not initially being able to figure out the 15cm when I'm in the lower tier, have slowly gotten the hang of it. Matches where I'm top-tier are self-explanatory, and in the ones where I'm in the bottom half of the heap, I try to move into the choke points, making sure there's at least one other higher-tier heavy to support and then select my targets based on what I can either pen or pen (reliably) with HEAT, trying to not overextend. The HE-round has surprised me a lot as well, as I never ever use any and suddenly find out that I can knock one into the casemate of a Ferdinand for 350 damage instead of not being able to pen at all or whiffing a HEAT shell into nothingness.

Am I doing this right?

/edit:
The WN8 on it has me confused as gently caress, though. A 1200 damage game will throw you into the 3k-4k range, while a 2k+damage game gets you into the 6-7k range, depending on battletier, of course. That's basically 3 penetrating hits with the 15cm...:confuoot:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 13, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agrajag posted:

I have seen like 10-15 blues and purples in them. People who should know better are buying that garbage tank.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Don't forget that many aim for the highest possible number of mastery badges (not kidding).

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I'm pretty content with my current Ace situation, where I have more aces than everything else put together. Anything more than that is just too much effort for something that any lovely pubbie can have if they get lucky enough.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ace badges are cool and good, while vegans who can't even troll dnd properly are rather lame hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
so is the t2lt still used for scouting and filling up quotas in tourneys? Or do people substitute the tetrarch/t1e6/t7cc/VIC/te-ke/insert other half decent tier2?

WitchFetish posted:

...while vegans who can't even troll dnd properly are rather lame hth
that sounds like its directed at someone in particular, care to share?