Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Also can anyone confirm if you get one transformation you cannot get another? Like guppy+mom ?

No, because that's not true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

MrL_JaKiri posted:

No, because that's not true

So you're saying you can be guppy mommy?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yesterday night I was Cthulhu, Mushroom, and Guppy. I got them in that order, and I never saw any of the Guppy changes, but I was firing the flies. Just an old-god horror with a shower cap on.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I hope azazel gets patched today so I can unlock lilith!

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Cool it's a proper real life ARG now.

So It Goes posted:

You're getting really worked up about this FYI.
Sorry should I be calling a person I have never met nor interacted with in any way a giant crybaby manchild liar because I don't like the way they're handling the secret unlocks in my dead baby game?

That must be how a person who isn't getting worked up would act.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
So a new unimplemented item was discovered. It's called Mega/Mega Blast. It's an active item that lets Isaac do Mega Satan's Brimstone attack. It pushes Isaac back, so he only has control when moving sideways, so it might be a bit unweldy. It lasts for 15 seconds. Oh here's the absurd part. It persists between rooms! I think we might be looking at our first 12 room charge item because good gravy. A video of it in action.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

So It Goes posted:

IMO Ed is a condescending manchild who released a busted game and by all indications has straight up lied about what is glitches and what is ARG and what is actually completable at any given time period. I don't know how anyone could look at Afterbirth's release and think Ed needs some goon defending about how releasing busted products and lying about them is actually really cool because now there's a puzzle and people should chew their steaks slowly.

So It Goes posted:

You're getting really worked up about this FYI.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Disgusting Coward posted:

Following a rather strange run where I ended up with 8 of the little fella, I wonder if the plural of "Bumbo" is:

a) Bumbo
b) Bumbos
c) Bumsbo

Bumbus. A pile of bumbus.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

I, uh, always wondered how bumbuses got made

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dr. Fetus posted:

So a new unimplemented item was discovered. It's called Mega/Mega Blast. It's an active item that lets Isaac do Mega Satan's Brimstone attack. It pushes Isaac back, so he only has control when moving sideways, so it might be a bit unweldy. It lasts for 15 seconds. Oh here's the absurd part. It persists between rooms! I think we might be looking at our first 12 room charge item because good gravy. A video of it in action.

:aaaaa:

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Lol I guess he drank the koolaid so hard he forgot he too was annoyed at Edmunds lies

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ariong posted:

Bumbus. A pile of bumbus.

Bumbus Urungus

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Patch is out, but trying to play greed mode crashes the game. Azazel is back to being not trash again.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I liked this thread better when it wasn't two sides of incredibly mad people going "ur mad" "no lol ur madder" "no u" over and over again.

In other news Hush was really surprisingly doable once I realized his wall wrapping bullets don't reach the corners of the direction they're shot in (if they're shot east, sit in the east side corner, etc). Plowed through him and Megastan with my preferred characters of Samson and Lilith, now gearing up to do the Blue Baby and Lost before I blow through the rest.

Disgusting Coward posted:

Following a rather strange run where I ended up with 8 of the little fella, I wonder if the plural of "Bumbo" is:

a) Bumbo
b) Bumbos
c) Bumsbo

Bumbi

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Isaac just updated. Don't let it update, it causes the game to crash whenever you try to start a new Greed run with Eve.ANYONE. :suicide:

legoman727 fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 13, 2015

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

legoman727 posted:

Isaac just updated. Don't let it update, it causes the game to crash whenever you try to start a new Greed run with Eve. :suicide:

This game has the best testing.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007

legoman727 posted:

Isaac just updated. Don't let it update, it causes the game to crash whenever you try to start a new Greed run with Eve.ANYONE. :suicide:

Confirmed.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Correction, just starting a new game of Greed with anyone causes the game to crash. How the hell, Edmund?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I am never going to unlock lilith :smith:

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

legoman727 posted:

Correction, just starting a new game of Greed with anyone causes the game to crash. How the hell, Edmund?

Well they know about the crash amd what causes it, the question is just if they can get a patch for it out today or if we'll have to wait till monday.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
boy edmund

that sure is a good thing you got going. keep patching the game and making the players playtest your own game, even if they can't do anything on it because it's buggier than sonic boom

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
He keeps introducing bugs he has to patch so he can sneak in regular ARG updates into the game

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I keep crashing whenever I try to enter the Blue Womb. Granted, it's from Scarred Womb II, but wasn't that fixed a patch or two back? But I'm wondering if it's just a crash when you try to enter a new floor, or a new "special" floor.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I don't think the lost should start with the holy mantle. :colbert: the d4 is good.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

BJPaskoff posted:

I keep crashing whenever I try to enter the Blue Womb. Granted, it's from Scarred Womb II, but wasn't that fixed a patch or two back? But I'm wondering if it's just a crash when you try to enter a new floor, or a new "special" floor.

I just crashed from normal womb 2 so it's not just scarred womb anymore. I only crashed when I touched the hole down though, before it used to crash when you entered the room containing the hole.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

I don't think the lost should start with the holy mantle. :colbert: the d4 is good.

You and Ed should hang out. You both hate fun apparently.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SuicideSnowman posted:

You and Ed should hang out. You both hate fun apparently.

He is fun! Abuse the d4 until you get something good and steamroll your way through the rest of the game. Worst comes to worse you'll get the mantle or dead cat eventually.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

He is fun! Abuse the d4 until you get something good and steamroll your way through the rest of the game. Worst comes to worse you'll get the mantle or dead cat eventually.

Or just do what probably 99% of the people that play Lost do, reroll until you get the mantle in the first item room, complete his challenges and never play him again.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Grapplejack posted:

You're crazy. Not having that buffer turns the Lost from 'challenging' to 'soul crushing'. I got a lucky run once that got me Holy Mantle floor 1 then Dead Cat soon after. I still didn't make it all the way through the chest even with a bunch of damage ups, because I'm bad.

Basically it's for the bads and I'm glad it has been added. :colbert:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Grapplejack posted:

I actually enjoy the occasional Lost run and have filled out his card 5 times now. I still think you're wrong.

Personally I would prefer he start with 9 Lives or the Stopwatch though. I'd settle for the Goat Head.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

The Holy Mantle makes the Lost playable and arguably even fun without just getting a steamroll build. This is unambiguously a good thing.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Grapplejack posted:

Well then, you can just quit your game as if you died the first time you take damage on him! Fun for everyone! Yay!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

BJPaskoff posted:

Yup crashing when going to blue womb, regular womb 2 though and on azazel

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

Mr Phillby posted:

Cool it's a proper real life ARG now.

Sorry should I be calling a person I have never met nor interacted with in any way a giant crybaby manchild liar because I don't like the way they're handling the secret unlocks in my dead baby game?

That must be how a person who isn't getting worked up would act.

IMO, Edmund released a ludicrously buggy game and is obsessed with people not eating steaks quickly, hope you don't get too worked up about it. May I suggest partaking in some cool ARGs?

On a side note, I just loaded up greed mode and it crashed. Maybe next week's patch will be the one.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

Reroll it immediately, problem solved forever

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Just got a crash entering blue womb as azazel. Kind of a shame since I had monstro's lung with mom's knife, which made me shoot knives in every direction.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So to all the coders in the thread; is coding really this hard to do/easy to gently caress up, or is Nicalis staffed by actual monkeys?

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

Spergatory posted:

So to all the coders in the thread; is coding really this hard to do/easy to gently caress up, or is Nicalis staffed by actual monkeys?

It's pretty easy to gently caress poo poo up, but that's not an excuse for poor testing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Spergatory posted:

Both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Spergatory posted:

Lil' bit of column A, lil' bit of column B.