Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm glad they confirmed that Zelda is still coming to the WiiU because if they push that back I will find and cut Reggie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

noirstronaut posted:

then call me a martini

I think you were shaken too hard as a baby.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ometeotl posted:

I think you were shaken too hard as a baby.

Not hard enough, he can still post.

Reality
Sep 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Can someone point me to some good external hard drives for my wii-u? I have literally no idea what I'm looking for and the OP's link 404'd me.

This Western Digital one has worked for a over a year for me. I'm not sure how much the Wii U cares about drive spin speed and it doesn't care about USB 3 at all.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Reality posted:

This Western Digital one has worked for a over a year for me. I'm not sure how much the Wii U cares about drive spin speed and it doesn't care about USB 3 at all.

Seconding Western Digital. I've been using their MyBook line for years.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Reality posted:

jivjov posted:

Seconding Western Digital. I've been using their MyBook line for years.

:yeah:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I also have a Western Digital as my external drive and it works fine. Get a cheap 250 or 500 GB pocket sized one.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thanks for the suggestion guys, gonna grab one and hopefully have that solve my storage issues!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looks more like Wipeout than F-Zero

That suits me

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im going to make my linkle and cloud amiibos smooch

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

I changed my mind about anime.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
they saw how much people liked pokemonamie and they were like "well people like waifus? lets have people pet their waifus"

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

g0lbez posted:

okay but where is captain falcon

In Smash Bros where he belongs

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Excels posted:

they saw how much people liked pokemonamie and they were like "well people like waifus? lets have people pet their waifus"

There was backlash to it though, so it'll probably get cut from the localization and future titles.

e: I read a Sakurai interview that implied that Japanese players didn't like it either.

Motto fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 13, 2015

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I hope they cut it out so that people can bitch about how they didn't get.

bef posted:

In Smash Bros where he belongs

He getting ready to be in Captain Rainbow 2.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Why the gently caress do the Gamepad, the Pro Controller, and the 3DS all use different cables? This is some Apple-level proprietary bullshit.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The 3DS one is different because they just used the same cable for the DSi.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

Why the gently caress do the Gamepad, the Pro Controller, and the 3DS all use different cables? This is some Apple-level proprietary bullshit.

it's kinda dumb that they all use different cables but you can get the different cables extremely cheap so it's not nearly Apple-level

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

At least the pro controller doesn't use a proprietary cable. It's just mini-USB.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
so what kind of black magic did nintendo use to get that kind of battery life out of the pro controller?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA7uW-Efy3k

Important news regarding anime: localization removed the bust slider (the most important character creation tool) from Xenoblade.

The youtube comments are hilariously mad about this.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Instant Sunrise posted:

so what kind of black magic did nintendo use to get that kind of battery life out of the pro controller?

I think it's called "Not trying to save money by getting a cheap battery".

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lemming posted:

I changed my mind about anime.

Instant Sunrise posted:

Hard work and effort :yayclod:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Amppelix posted:

Important news regarding anime: localization removed the bust slider (the most important character creation tool) from Xenoblade.

:mmmsmug:

Also you only need one Animal Crossing Amiibo to play Amiibo Festival main game. Everyone else can play as Humans.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Amppelix posted:

i'm mad too

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Chill Penguin posted:

The Pro controller just using mini-USB B has been answered, but the gamepad uses a different power cable because its power draw is greater. The 3DS adapter outputs 700ma, while the gamepad cable outputs 1600ma. The voltage is almost the same, but I reckon Nintendo wanted to remove any vague possibility of someone frying their 3DS because the port was the same.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's not like tuning games to make them more appealing to certain countries or regions is anything new.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Amppelix posted:

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty pissed too

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Motto posted:

It's not like tuning games to make them more appealing to certain countries or regions is anything new.

does this really make it more appealing to the people who would buy it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

is there a pupil slider for xenoblade x because good GRIEF

e: the changes to xenoblade x are good because they changed the outfits of the 12 year old character to be less loving creepy and it caused former ADTRW reject jonjonaug to come out of the wild to protest the changes and he got banned from neogaf in the process

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 13, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lets hang out posted:

I dunno, but it's not like anybody's going to pass on the game because of the change.

e: A better example would be whatever gets cut from the English versions of the new Fire Emblem, since people have already gotten pretty mad about that game's content.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

lets hang out posted:

I think it's less about making it more appealing and making it less "offensive," for people who are weird about that sort of thing. I don't really care and it won't affect my playing the game, but it is creating a noticeable trend of censorship in Wii U games.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Motto posted:

I dunno, but it's not like anybody's going to pass on the game because of the change.

I'm reading the youtube comments and I think you might actually be wrong somehow

People are strange

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm reading the youtube comments and I think you might actually be wrong somehow

People are strange
someone post the left 4 dead 2 boycott group image

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

People are strange

I don't think anybody's going to feel bad about alienating those kinds of people.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Quest For Glory II posted:

someone post the left 4 dead 2 boycott group image

You meant Modern Warfare 2, right?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there's one for left 4 dead 2 also

basically nerds throw a hissy fit and then buy and play the game anyway

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Quest For Glory II posted:

there's one for left 4 dead 2 also

basically nerds throw a hissy fit and then buy and play the game anyway

Oh right, this:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Amppelix posted:

they give me pizza, they take away the titties. our god is a fickle god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm going to harass feminists on twitter, that will teach Nintendo to take away my boob slider.

• Locked thread