Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Carol Pizzamom posted:

supreme and global are awash with 30-80 hour accounts, it's getting kind of annoying and contributes to the complete randomness of the ranking system

i really wish valve would do the simple solution of adding a casual 5v5 with the same ruleset like Dota 2 has (the game they actually pay attention to) and giving players access to ranked after some amount of wins, ideally 100-200

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

you need like 150 wins to play ranked dota and nobody whines

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I've been playing since GO closed beta and only have 145~ MM wins :v:

Just up the 'rank requirement' another couple of levels maybe?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
do what i did - buy a sub to esea, get stomped, come crawling back to ez 64 tick mm

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

dex_sda posted:

Well, yeah, because people who play mobas are self flagellating by nature

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

dex_sda posted:

Because their regular play mode is the same as the ranked mode. You don't lose out, you only gain at a certain point

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Famethrowa posted:

Well, yeah, because people who play mobas are self flagellating by nature

the rules/entire game also arent/isn't different between ranked and unranked in dota

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Carol Pizzamom posted:

supreme and global are awash with 30-80 hour accounts, it's getting kind of annoying and contributes to the complete randomness of the ranking system

Yeah but playing at that level with a new and private profile makes for some amazingly peeved opposition, it's totally worth it

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Bohemian Nights posted:

Yeah but playing at that level with a new and private profile makes for some amazingly peeved opposition, it's totally worth it

I'd say about half to 2/3rds of them are legit, but the other third are really annoying. I've had about 2 per game today..

illezt
Mar 1, 2005

MF_James posted:

I was talking to some of the guys I was queueing with last night/this morning and some of it really depends on when you're playing. Late night/early morning (US hours) skill level goes way down even at the same ranks. Now I know there's obviously a spread in ranks and some people are definitely higher rank than they should be either from boosting, luck or friends, but I've noticed over the past few weeks that when I play during non-peak US hours the skill level just drops a shitload, I could probably get global if I played from 3am-6am exclusively without making any sort of attempt at improving.

Hint: it's because nobody is playing sober during those hours (see: me)

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Good aim will take you all the way to supreme, I don't know poo poo about the game still

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
hey guys i met a girl in a casual server last night and she invited me to a Competitive lobby. we played and we won.

My question is what do I do now??

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Up Circle posted:

hey guys i met a girl in a casual server last night and she invited me to a Competitive lobby. we played and we won.

Tell her you love her and give her all your skins.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Up Circle posted:

Follow her on twitch.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Up Circle posted:

Make the sex.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Ask to see if she wants to see your skin collection

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Introduce her to stealhammer

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Up Circle posted:

There was a girl in one of my games who had like 110 hours, seemed legit, and was doing pretty well (middle of the board). I'm pretty sure your average girl is better than me at counter strike

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Carol Pizzamom posted:

There was a girl in one of my games who had like 110 hours, seemed legit, and was doing pretty well (middle of the board). I'm pretty sure your average girl is better than me at counter strike

DAE think that maybe gurls can be gamers too?!?!?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

exethan posted:

Good aim will take you all the way to supreme, I don't know poo poo about the game still

Confirming this

I haven't learned one Elite Nade Throw

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Famethrowa posted:

DAE think that maybe gurls can be gamers too?!?!?

I hope not, girls are gross and have cooties

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

illezt posted:

Hint: it's because nobody is playing sober during those hours (see: me)

Possibly true, but you have to realize that EVERYONE is either high, drunk, or tired, or some combination, so it's a mildly level playing field in that regard.

Also, I was doing some valve DM last night, good old deagle only, and some guy started boasting about how he ended up beating me out for first place, so I said to him "The guy at the front of the shortbus is still on the loving shortbus"

I feel like I kind of burned myself there, but everyone in the lobby got a good chuckle and I'm pretty sure that dude left shortly after.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I hope not, girls are gross and have cooties

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
wow thanks so much for the quick responses. I wasn't expecting so much helpful advice when i posted, but I guess other users have had the same problems I have!

Unfortunately i'm still Overcoming Anxiety so im not sure what ill do yet. But I tried to be really alpha by carrying her, so maybe she will make the first move. I dont think we're ready to join goonmens together yet but rest assured ill keep everyone updated next time we have a conversation.

ps: does anyone here would like to volunteer as a middleman in case I do take your advice and give her some skins? (Not sealhammer, we know he can't be trusted in case of scams.)

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Stop being a pussy and just tell her you love her and see where that leads you

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

when there's a girl on my team, i quickly type disconnect in console as soon as the match is over and change my steam name just so i feel that the escape is complete from the Girl Menace

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Up Circle posted:

wow thanks so much for the quick responses. I wasn't expecting so much helpful advice when i posted, but I guess other users have had the same problems I have!

Unfortunately i'm still Overcoming Anxiety so im not sure what ill do yet. But I tried to be really alpha by carrying her, so maybe she will make the first move. I dont think we're ready to join goonmens together yet but rest assured ill keep everyone updated next time we have a conversation.

ps: does anyone here would like to volunteer as a middleman in case I do take your advice and give her some skins? (Not sealhammer, we know he can't be trusted in case of scams.)

Write her a letter

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I placed directly into GN2 :woop:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

any east coast LE/LEM guys want to queue up and try to climb out of this lovely rank?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Photex/

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Photex posted:

any east coast LE/LEM guys want to queue up and try to climb out of this lovely rank?

Added you. I'm, like, completely unable to play during peak hours though as my ISP goes to dogshit. I'm around mid/late mornings and late night a lot though.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Finally broke a 6 game losing streak. In those 6 games, I had two games of derankers, one complete troll, and two where at least one teammate left in the first half. Only one was a close game. I feel like GN4 is filled with the worst of people, especially unranked players.

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

Photex posted:

Sent you a request as well.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
If you want to escape GN or MG just play FFA DM, HSDM, and pistol DM for 30-60 minutes a day and your aim will get good enough and you'll be out of the hell hole within 15-25 comp wins.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Feels good to ace against globals.. I'm half asleep and bad so it's rare, but I'll take em when they come :smug: :coolfish:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Let's go through the checklist of that last game

1. Top Frag Check
2. Whole Server LEM except me Check
3. Win Check
4. Rank Up Not Check

looks like it'll elude me for the rest of the day.

Photex fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 14, 2015

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

santanotreal posted:

Finally broke a 6 game losing streak. In those 6 games, I had two games of derankers, one complete troll, and two where at least one teammate left in the first half. Only one was a close game. I feel like GN4 is filled with the worst of people, especially unranked players.

Add me up. I usually play later in the night when I can. Hopefully we can help each other out of GNM. I feel like I'm close to moving up too.
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972321082

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

Photex posted:

1. Top Frag Check
3. Win Check
4. Rank Up Not Check

I had to do it like 10 times in one day to climb all the way out, LE is wide

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Where are the aussie cs goons at? I'd like some dudes to play with even though I'm a scub silver noob who only just got to level 3 after time off.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/teh_sid/

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Photex posted:

1. Top Frag Check
3. Win Check
4. Rank Up Not Check

This was what happened with me before I got to LE today. I had some really solid games in a row then played decently...ranked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
can we all take a moment to say a prayer for the five seven? this golden age of pistol rounds ct won't last. next big balance patch will feature some cruel combination of accuracy, ammo, or armor pen reductions and cost increases.

• Locked thread