Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Please hire this person Nintendo.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Pomp posted:

my favorite jojo thing is some straight people getting really defensive when it gets called gay as hell

All you have to do is point to Kars and the Pillar men, and pretty much every shred of doubt that Jojo is gay as hell will be destroyed. Awaken my fanart!

and

Are.... are you okay Kars? I didn't realize that the ultimate lifeform would have so many tumors. :shepface:

And now the next Zelda game will be a disappointment because it isn't this.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Air is lava! posted:

That's stupid. Humans can't fly.

He just jumped up really high

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

the wildest rear end posted:

He just jumped up really high
He punched gravity in the face, it works.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Filthy Haiku posted:

And now the next Zelda game will be a disappointment because it isn't this.

No, you'l have Linkle :downs:

Gynocentric Regime has a new favorite as of 21:24 on Nov 13, 2015

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

finally, they made zelda a girl

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I've said it before but I'll say it again here, she looks like the Elf from Dragon's Crown

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
^^^ Jesus, it's uncanny. I mean, yeah, link is already blond and green but double pigbraid hairstyle too

Mulva posted:

Did you choose the bingo stuff, because some of it looks wrong.
She's wearing thigh highs right? And they look like leather, not metal.
Sorry. I know, I know :goonsay: but it just stands out to me

Ramos posted:

Is happily married with kids straight enough for you or do I need to get the scene with Nazi soldiers molesting women?

It's called a beard

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I've said it before but I'll say it again here, she looks like the Elf from Dragon's Crown

That's what I thought as well. Pretty boring design but its a boring character so whatever. I wonder if the story justification for her is going to be she is another one of Cia's self-insert fanfic characters come to life.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Postal Parcel posted:

Did you choose the bingo stuff, because some of it looks wrong.
She's wearing thigh highs right? And they look like leather, not metal.
Sorry. I know, I know :goonsay: but it just stands out to me

Nah it's from BABD, I was just picking what I think are close matches, and I'm guessing on the high heels since there aren't very many pictures of the character. Most of the problem though is that she was redesigned for literally no reason, Link's clothes are as unisex as you can get in a video game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mulva posted:

Nah it's from BABD, I was just picking what I think are close matches, and I'm guessing on the high heels since there aren't very many pictures of the character. Most of the problem though is that she was redesigned for literally no reason, Link's clothes are as unisex as you can get in a video game.

There is a reason she was redesigned

It's a koei game

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hm... You are right, she does look like anime.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Like-Like's Bizarre Adventure

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I like how people bitch about Superman being so powerful you can't write stories about him, he's invincible and that's boring, etc, etc, and then turn around and go "AND ALSO THIS ANIME WOULD TRASH HIM HAW!".

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Byzantine posted:

I like how people bitch about Superman being so powerful you can't write stories about him, he's invincible and that's boring, etc, etc, and then turn around and go "AND ALSO THIS ANIME WOULD TRASH HIM HAW!".

Let's not forget that the whole Death of Superman thing in the mid-90s was kicked off by nothing more and nothing less than Superman being gradually beaten to death by a really strong guy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Byzantine posted:

In a fascist state, the perceived enemy necessary for its existence must be simultaneously all-powerful and laughably weak.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Please hire this person Nintendo.

Aaron Diaz will explode into frothing fits of passive-aggressive rage if that happens.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Byzantine posted:

I'm convinced it's some form of jealousy; they just don't like the idea of someone who's all powerful yet doesn't exploit it and actually tries to be the best person they can.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

MizPiz posted:

I'm convinced it's some form of jealousy; they just don't like the idea of someone who's all powerful yet doesn't exploit it and actually tries to be the best person they can.
I'm pretty sure you just described Lex Luthor.
EDIT: This one time Lex Luthor became an all powerful god on the one condition he couldn't hurt Superman. It lasted about a minute before he got pissed at Superman being too nice.

HGH has a new favorite as of 23:32 on Nov 13, 2015

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Byzantine posted:

Are you sure it's the same people doing that? Or are you trying to conflate them so you can complain about ANIME :argh:?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The MSJ posted:

Aaron Diaz will explode into frothing fits of passive-aggressive rage if that happens.

Is this the guy who made that weird magicpunk Zelda where she has a gauntlet of spells and Link is a prince?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Is this the guy who made that weird magicpunk Zelda where she has a gauntlet of spells and Link is a prince?

Yep. He also made a comment when Linkle was announced about how he'd do it, with the note "Oh it's not like I've designed Zelda or anything", as if he'd worked on it, or whatever, instead of just having maede some fanart of it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aaron Diaz in general basically just shallowly latches on whatever's popular at the time, then abandons it when the buzz wears off. He has no passion.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Byzantine posted:

One-Punch Man is about a complete dumbass who became world-endingly strong just by running 6 miles and doing 100 pushups/situps/squats every day for a year. It's intentionally stupid and dumb and no one is actually saying any of those things.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, it's a fun little bit about a protagonist who doesn't care for long winded speeches, is overwhelmingly powerful, but also disgustingly lazy, pretty dumb, and apathetic. It's a humorous mix and that's why people like it.

Speaking of, does this count as fanart?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I didn't mean to call out One Punch Man specifically, just the general trend.

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Are you sure it's the same people doing that? Or are you trying to conflate them so you can complain about ANIME :argh:?

I've been a Dragonball fan for a long time, so yeah, I'm sure it's the same people doing it.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Pomp posted:

my favorite jojo thing is some straight people getting really defensive when it gets called gay as hell
True Jojo fans embrace the fabulous homoeroticism. It's not Jojo without it.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Mulva posted:

What's up with pretty much every female character designed by japan in the last 5 years wearing a skirt and thigh high boots/stockings? I feel like it didn't used to be this way.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

There's a thing called "absolute territory" which refers to exactly this, the amount of thigh visible between hem and cuff. Different amounts of thigh combined with different styles of skirt and stockings are visual shorthand for the type of character presented.

Seriously.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That's so loving bizarre, I'm willing to accept it.

What does this tell us about Ladynk?

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

goatface posted:

That someone reigned in the Koei character designer on her design.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

goatface posted:

As I understand it, the higher the stockings, the more innocent/naive someone is, while the shorter the skirt, the sexier they're intended to be. But the sexiest of all is the skirt and stockings meeting with no overlap, so you get tiny flashes of thigh periodically. Absolute territory is weird.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
At the very least, Linkle is also wearing bicycle shorts so it's not going to be pantyshot-central, though why she couldn't just wear tights like Link did (or pants like Link does) is beyond me

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

As I understand it, the higher the stockings, the more innocent/naive someone is, while the shorter the skirt, the sexier they're intended to be. But the sexiest of all is the skirt and stockings meeting with no overlap, so you get tiny flashes of thigh periodically. Absolute territory is weird.

SIGH
It is called ZETTAIRYOUIKI you gigantic GAIJIN PLEBE

Please assume I'm breathing heavily. The cheetos are implied

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

There's a thing called "absolute territory" which refers to exactly this, the amount of thigh visible between hem and cuff. Different amounts of thigh combined with different styles of skirt and stockings are visual shorthand for the type of character presented.

Seriously.

THIGH HIGH SOCKS ARE MY ABSOLUTE TERRITORY :shepicide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAUxhHz-LCM

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Byzantine posted:

I didn't mean to call out One Punch Man specifically, just the general trend.
You should reaaaaally read or watch one punch man if you haven't yet. It's an incredible sendup of superhero stuff, anime stuff, and also happens to be hilarious, have an interesting story despite its parody nature, and the manga drawn by Murata is one of the most gorgeously detailed series ever.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Also it started life as a lovely webcomic, so it's interesting to see just how far its come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kGi9LE21dU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lovely art, maybe, but the heart was there already. It's why Murata decided to redraw it, after all.

• Locked thread