Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xozlmkx4bLA

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Known issue with this build I guess.

Apparently lowering the gear fixes the problem.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

o i am laffin

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Cutter can hold over 700T of cargo and make ~15LY a jump laden.

So long Anaconda :byewhore:

so hard so quick i drat near passed out as the blood rushed away from my brain

Welp, time to grind out money because I want that and I seriously doubt that about 225mill is going to be enough to get that thing in my hangar with at least D grade equipment.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Some info I collected by reading threads on the forums:

Federal Corvette: Looks sweet as gently caress. And with better maneuverability, 2 huge hardpoints and a better distributor, it clearly outpaces the Cutter in the combat-department.

Imperial Cutter: A big fat white whale. But it jumps farther, can hold more cargo, has more health and is faster. And you can just ram everyone too dumb to evade, which counts like a second huge hardpoint in my opinion.

Asp Scout: Lower jump range than the Asp, but nimbler. It also has a better distributor, which makes it ironically the better fighter. 4 hard points.

Keelback: Like a angry T6 with the license to kill. But still not actually a warship. Good jump range, can survive a couple punches.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I'm laughing my rear end off at cutter mailslot issues. When I first saw the pictures of it I kind of wondered how they were going to keep everything in line to fit through the mail slots.

Mail slots should just be bigger, dammit.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
What's the cutter's top speed? is it the same as the clippers? (oh please oh)

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Dante80 posted:

nice rear end

but this is what I need.

I could gently caress in these.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

grilldos posted:

timn
Mar 16, 2010
So is it just hype right now or does it really seem like the Anaconda will end up being the red-headed step child of the big 3?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Naw you can die forever in missions

I wonder what that mission type actually entails though

Weren't some kill missions don't die missions?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Elite: Dangern00b here. Just started my career as a space trucker a week ago or so. Earned enough to upgrade from the Sidewinder to the Adder.

Did I make a good purchase? Also, this thing sounds like a cow when I yaw left or right, are there things that I should upgrade so it doesn't sound like it's giving birth?

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

timn posted:

So is it just hype right now or does it really seem like the Anaconda will end up being the red-headed step child of the big 3?

It's the explorer, it's got nearly double the max range of the cutter (and still the best in the game), but yeah aside from that :v:

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

AndroidHub posted:

It's the explorer, it's got nearly double the max range of the cutter (and still the best in the game), but yeah aside from that :v:

It costs less and requires less soul crushing rank grinding.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
So will the Keelback be able to replace or perform on par with the cobra?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Dabir posted:

Weren't some kill missions don't die missions?

"No time limit, will fail if you die" missions, if how I read this

grilldos posted:

One of them can haul over 700 tons of gently caress

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Number comparisons for those interested (taken directly from the beta):

A rated internals, E7 shields
Imperial Cutter: 462, Anaconda: 455, Federal Corvette: 516

A rated internals, max rated shields, no boosters
Imperial Cutter: 943, Anaconda: 595 , Federal Corvette: 738

A rated internals, speed
Imperial Cutter: 299/366, Anaconda: 209/278, Federal Corvette: 215/279

There is mention of both the Cutter and Corvette being able to carry two fighters in their descriptions. I'm not sure how many the Anaconda can carry.

timn posted:

The Anaconda is still much better for exploration because the hull weighs a lot less and I suspect will be the best of the three at doing the planetary landing stuff in Horizons.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've got to go to work before I can actually test this but I wonder how the changes to hull reinforcement work

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

LCL-Dead posted:

So will the Keelback be able to replace or perform on par with the cobra?

I doubt it, there's a lot that makes a ship good and one of the maybe overlooked perks of the Cobra is the shape. That thin blade is really good at not getting shot from the front and rear, while from the top and bottom the width makes it short and again more evasive than a typical rectangular hull. It'll still smuggle better.

Mercurius posted:

A rated internals, speed
Imperial Cutter: 299/366
:captainpop:

Sard fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 13, 2015

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sard posted:

I doubt it, there's a lot that makes a ship good and one of the maybe overlooked perks of the Cobra is the shape. That thin blade is really good at not getting shot from the front and rear, while from the top and bottom the width makes it short and again more evasive than a typical rectangular hull. It'll still smuggle better.

Also, the Keelback can hold a single fighter for added defense :getin:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Sard posted:

:captainpop:
That is at 2 pips to engines, I think, as I'm basing this off the shipyard screen. I've fully kitted out the Cutter for now (which gave it 1700 shields loving lol) and it's dropped slightly to 350 max speed. Give me a few minutes to finish fiddling with the Corvette and I'll test it in actual space.

Also, the cockpit of the Cutter is quite different to the Clipper. I'm also a huge fan of the Corvette's cockpit.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Professor Bling posted:

Also, the Keelback can hold a single fighter for added defense :getin:

I don't get the point of these on the FGS and Keelback if neither ends up with a significantly better jump range than the small ships they carry- unless we get AI minions, your human player fighter pilot would be better off in a Cobra or something. Maybe they'll be used to deploy bigger tankier vehicles on the surface someday?

Mercurius posted:

Give me a few minutes to finish fiddling with the Corvette and I'll test it in actual space.

Please post the Corvette jump range with and without hull mods and D/A internals, too- I really hope it can hit 15 lightyears at least. I wish the FGS had a bigger FSD :sigh:

Sard fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 14, 2015

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
The Asp Scout is really weird. It's like they made a nice side-grade for people who don't like the looks of the DBE. I guess that's good, too. But welp, it's still early in the beta. Let's wait and see.

The Corvette-jump range is really disappointing. I'd imagine the Federation has some real problem showing presence with that thing if it needs the best possible FSD to just barely make it to the next system.

But I'm getting the feeling :frontear: just got smart on us ripping everything out of the Anaconda to get more range and adjusted the new large ships to make that kind of cheesing impossible. :v:

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
So, a little birdie told me they are finally releasing ships bigger than the anaconda...with a larger jump range.

Is this true, because this is my dream.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

The first part is true, they made a ship so big its fat rear end won't fit through the docking slot.

The Anaconda is still king of jumps AFAIK though.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Sard posted:

I don't get the point of these on the FGS and Keelback if neither ends up with a significantly better jump range than the small ships they carry- unless we get AI minions, your human player fighter pilot would be better off in a Cobra or something. Maybe they'll be used to deploy bigger tankier vehicles on the surface someday?

Please post the Corvette jump range with and without hull mods and D/A internals, too- I really hope it can hit 15 lightyears at least. I wish the FGS had a bigger FSD :sigh:
It's not looking good. The Corvette's at 14LY without any guns or internals in it, just A rated general mods :sigh:. Cutter's about the same as the other Imp ships, 15-16LY when combat fit.

A Tartan Tory posted:

So, a little birdie told me they are finally releasing ships bigger than the anaconda...with a larger jump range.

Both the Cutter and Corvette are loving huge and heavy and they both have undersized FSDs for their mass, so no. Corvette has the same size FSD as the Anaconda but is more than twice as heavy. Cutter is one size up but is three times the mass. Anaconda reigns supreme for exploration.

For reference, I'm having trouble even getting the Corvette to 20LY when fit the same as an Explorerconda and the Cutter was only about 25LY.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

A Tartan Tory posted:

That birdie is a sadist, because your dream only became half true. Ships bigger than the Anaconca, but with shittier jump range. :v:

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
From what I've read elsewhere the Cutter has a weirdly small power distributor (7). Wonder what the hell the plan is there.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Surprise Giraffe posted:

From what I've read elsewhere the Cutter has a weirdly small power distributor (7). Wonder what the hell the plan is there.

That's it's more of a trade orientated multirole ship?

Read the ship descriptions:

versus

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 14, 2015

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
After reading Sandro's thoughts on the SCB changes and the options they have for more balance I'm actually a little hopeful about the future of PvP in this game. Excited to see what actually happens to the meta in the coming months.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Guys the Cutter. The Cutter guys.

:stwoon:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

That's it's more of a trade orientated multirole ship?

Read the ship descriptions:

versus

This is especially obvious when you realise the Cutter has observation decks for passengers all around the top middle part of the hull.

I have to head out for a bit but I'll post some more things about the ships (and some pictures) when I get back.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Cutter thoughts:

- this thing is sexy as hell and sounds amazing
- 5/7 hardpoints are placed very close to the centerline with the other two on the engine pods being perfect for turreted weapons
- even with A grade thrusters it does not handle well at all
- PvE fit still has room for 640 tonnes of cargo :laffo:
- jump range for same is ~20/15 LY
- it has an observation deck
- have I mentioned how sexy/amazing it is?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
How deflated are the beta prices vs release? I saw the $20m and got excited for a second

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

They're usually 10% of normal.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Looks like they moved the decimal point to the left one for everything.

The Keelback is adorable and I'm going to figure out a good use for it on the live servers :3:

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Nov 14, 2015

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

SquirrelGrip posted:

How deflated are the beta prices vs release? I saw the $20m and got excited for a second
Corvette hull will be 187m and Cutter will be 208m based on the beta server prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I feel like the Corvette needs a jump range boost.

• Locked thread