Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Inglewood is happening, it's just a matter of who goes there.

I want the NFL to delay one more year just to chagrin the Chargers org at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Glass of Milk posted:

Inglewood is happening, it's just a matter of who goes there.

I want the NFL to delay one more year just to chagrin the Chargers org at this point.

This seems to be what Woody Johnson thinks is going to happen

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

old dog child posted:

Ideal world: Rams in LA, Chargers in SD, the Raiders roam the land as hobos bumming stadiums for a week at a time

Not entirely implausible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traveling_team

Please bring this back

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
From that article: "The height is eight feet shorter than a planned stadium on the same site that received a "no hazard" determination from the FAA in 1995." Add some radar-absorption and there's no issue.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

old dog child posted:

Ideal world: Rams in LA, Chargers in SD, the Raiders roam the land as hobos bumming stadiums for a week at a time

Raiders put field on an aircraft carrier and travel up and down the west coast.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

MrLogan posted:

I can get behind it so the Bucs can't claim to have the only boat.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

old dog child posted:

Ideal world: Rams in LA, Chargers in SD, the Raiders roam the land as Raiders burning stadiums for a week at a time

I can get behind this.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

MrLogan posted:

Only if it's named "The Autumn Wind".

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm sure I've said it before, but The London Raiders could be a thing.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Leperflesh posted:

I'm sure I've said it before, but The London Raiders could be a thing.

The Raiders are just getting good again, lets not set them back by loving their timezone.

Though I guess maybe they'd have a better advantage for the home games so it would even out.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Move the Raiders to a Seastead on an oil rig surrounded by a fleet of WW2/Korean era navy derelicts

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
LA Times has a new summary out today http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-stadiums-20151120-story.html

This was the most interesting answer to me:

quote:

Do either the Rams or the Chargers/Raiders currently have the requisite 24 votes for approval?

That's highly unlikely. There are strong indications that each side has the necessary nine votes to block the other.

I figured the Rams' plan at least would be unobjectionable to the needed majority.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

I figured the Rams' plan at least would be unobjectionable to the needed majority.

The NFL is filled with oldschool owners who want to take care of Spanos. Jerry Richardson, the Rooneys, the Maras, etc.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress you Jerry Jones. After all the poo poo Al did for him, he won't support the Raiders.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Volkerball posted:

gently caress you Jerry Jones. After all the poo poo Al did for him, he won't support the Raiders.

Jerry Jones? Being an ungrateful shithead? Say it ain't so! :ohdear:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Jerry Jones wants whatever makes the most financial sense. And Stan Kroenke can write a check and break ground tomorrow if he wanted.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
It'll be funny if they build two giant stadiums and then no one is allowed to move there.

Then they could blow them up for a movie or something, or in the case of the Carson one, stage gladiatorial combat there to fit the dystopian landscape.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

An abandoned stadium in Carson is just begging for some Mad Max-esque poo poo.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
It seems like they have a couple questions to answer:

-Take care of Spanos vs. Kroenke has money to make it work

-Two teams in LA or One team

-What do you do with the Raiders?

I think it's either going to be Chargers/Rams in Inglewood or just Rams in Inglewood, with the Chargers to potentially get more financial help to build in SD. And I don't see how the Raiders don't end up in SD or St. Louis.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

There's no way the Raiders are going to SD or St. Louis. The only possibilities for them are go to LA with the Chargers, or stay in Oakland.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Glass of Milk posted:

It seems like they have a couple questions to answer:

-Take care of Spanos vs. Kroenke has money to make it work

-Two teams in LA or One team

-What do you do with the Raiders?

I think it's either going to be Chargers/Rams in Inglewood or just Rams in Inglewood, with the Chargers to potentially get more financial help to build in SD. And I don't see how the Raiders don't end up in SD or St. Louis.

I think this is the situation that the owners are probably talking about, and why the relocation fee is so high. "Okay Stan, you want LA all to yourself? You gotta help Dean."

As for the Raiders, I don't see a way out for them unless Mark Davis sells a minority stake in the team in order to get something done in Oakland.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

There's no way the Raiders are going to SD or St. Louis. The only possibilities for them are go to LA with the Chargers, or stay in Oakland.

The Raiders will go to a random city that hasn't even been mentioned before they stay in Oakland. The question is how long they stay on 1 year rentals of the Coliseum before they get something worked out to move. If they aren't a part of the LA deal, then the process of relocation starts at square 1 with no LA on the table, and it might be another 3-4 years before the Raiders play in a new stadium. I highly doubt it will by StL or SD though, because if those cities are capable of providing a deal for the NFL, then there's incentive for the owners to force the teams in those cities to get one done rather than do a swap for no reason.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Volkerball posted:

The Raiders will go to a random city that hasn't even been mentioned before they stay in Oakland. The question is how long they stay on 1 year rentals of the Coliseum before they get something worked out to move. If they aren't a part of the LA deal, then the process of relocation starts at square 1 with no LA on the table, and it might be another 3-4 years before the Raiders play in a new stadium. I highly doubt it will by StL or SD though, because if those cities are capable of providing a deal for the NFL, then there's incentive for the owners to force the teams in those cities to get one done rather than do a swap for no reason.

Get hype for the Las Vegas Raiders. Or hell, if they go to San Antonio, they'll match the Spurs.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Yo Mark, Birmingham's been hinting at building a stadium for like 20 years...

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Volkerball posted:

St. Louis has a stadium all ready to build. They just need a commitment from Stan (or someone else I guess).

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Goodnight Chargers, I hate you Dean Spanos as much as I hate Norm Green, and that says a lot.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I'm not yet convinced SD will be selected. I think there's a split in the ownership group between STL and SD/OAK.

Hopefully today's game helped put to bed the thought that SD fans don't support their team, not that that makes any difference in the equation.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Seems like it is getting about time to bring this thread back as the relocation stuff is gonna be heating up in the next few days

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

Seems like it is getting about time to bring this thread back as the relocation stuff is gonna be heating up in the next few days

Schefter tweeted out that both the Chargers and Rams filed relocation paperwork to move to LA today.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Raiders have as well.

It's all just a formality. The vote next week is what matters.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Have the Rams extended the same offer they gave the Chargers to the Raiders? Mark Davis seems like he would have no issues being a tenant only but the league doesn't respect him. Maybe he can win some votes by letting an owner shave his head for a vote.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Official statement from the NFL.

quote:

“Three teams – the Oakland Raiders, St. Louis Rams, and San Diego Chargers – each submitted applications to our office today to relocate their franchises to the Los Angeles area beginning with the 2016 season,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said in a statement. “Each team submitted the appropriate documentation in support of its application as required by the NFL Policy and Procedures for Proposed Franchise Relocations.

“The applications will be reviewed this week by league staff and three league committees that will meet in New York on Wednesday and Thursday -- the Los Angeles Opportunities, Stadium, and Finance committees. The applications will be presented for consideration at next week’s league meeting in Houston on Tuesday and Wednesday. The relocation of a franchise requires the affirmative vote of three-quarters of the NFL clubs (24 of 32).”

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Don't pay attention to this thread but does anyone in LA give a poo poo about these sorry teams?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Winkie01 posted:

Don't pay attention to this thread but does anyone in LA give a poo poo about these sorry teams?

LA wants the Rams. LA kind of wants the Raiders. LA would rather not have a team than get the Chargers.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Ross Angeles posted:

LA wants the Rams. LA kind of wants the Raiders. LA would rather not have a team than get the Chargers.

All of my LA friends say they're open to the Raiders and ambivalent about the Rams. They really don't want the Chargers though.

Obviously the Chargers and Raiders are gonna get the OK because Kroenke basically has his stupid STL stadium funded. Chargers will get almost zero traction in LA compared to the Raiders and then they'll look into relocating back South, especially when they get relegated to playing "home" vs the Jags in London.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Rams or Raiders but definitely not Chargers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Zurreco posted:

All of my LA friends say they're open to the Raiders and ambivalent about the Rams. They really don't want the Chargers though.

Obviously the Chargers and Raiders are gonna get the OK because Kroenke basically has his stupid STL stadium funded. Chargers will get almost zero traction in LA compared to the Raiders and then they'll look into relocating back South, especially when they get relegated to playing "home" vs the Jags in London.

Basically what it looks like is that once again, the NFL and Owners have used LA to swindle home markets to pay for a stadium that should be paid for by the owners. St. Louis folded, Oakland and San Diego said gently caress off.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I think it could work for the Chargers if they don't gently caress with the divisions. Inner-city inner-division rivalry. LA would be all about that. I think the Raiders would be more popular, but SD could do well.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Can't wait to see Jeff Fisher go 8 and 8 in LA. Or as they call it, the 8 and the 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Raiders/Chargers in LA while still being in the same division has potential to be a cool Lakers/Clippers thing

Spoeank posted:

Can't wait to see Jeff Fisher go 8 and 8 in LA. Or as they call it, the 8 and the 8.

:downsrim:

• Locked thread