Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Belzac posted:

Even if Brilliant was up to 48 light you'd still be 192/2000.

Good loving luck bro.

Some people elsewhere were getting at the Brilliant going up, but the cap also decreasing again so that 4 runs would show a noticeable gain. Seems like that was just speculation though, I'll run a 5th to see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
they've nerfed nexus multiple times and have never changed the 2000 cap. they only increase light values because reducing the cap would gently caress up existing novuses

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

So there is a massive vigil in Gridania (on Balmung) for the terror attack in France. so big a couple GM's showed up. This isn't everyone and it also doesn't have the large number of wind up suns cause they disappear when I turn off the UI.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

cf Excalibur

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Check out that baller monk pf.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LunarShadow posted:

So there is a massive vigil in Gridania (on Balmung) for the terror attack in France. so big a couple GM's showed up. This isn't everyone and it also doesn't have the large number of wind up suns cause they disappear when I turn off the UI.

Take that, terrorism

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

does excal still open for transfers? is it only at like 5 am still?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
i feel like a catgirl mmo having a vigil for a terrorist attack is on par with poo poo like spongebob crying at an image of the twin towers

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Just asking cause I'm trying to convince a friend to join my server. Do you get a free transfer at all? Or do you have to pay for a server transfer right away?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
You gotta pay.

And it's a similar story on exodus:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Pews posted:

you'll never find another WHM with 100% handwerk guaranteed

:vince:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Emalde posted:

As the Goon Diadem Linkshell is rapidly approaching member capacity within less than a week, feel free to idle in this Discord chat where I will be announcing any organized Diadem NM/HM runs for whatever purpose.

Reposting for the night crew who may have missed this

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Dear everyone,

Please do the sidequests that unlock the residential areas. Particularly the ones that goon guildhouses are located in. Especially particularly if you're going to be joining Diadem groups.

Thanks.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

Dear everyone,

Please do the sidequests that unlock the residential areas. Particularly the ones that goon guildhouses are located in. Especially particularly if you're going to be joining Diadem groups.

Thanks.

What in 3.1 is affected by those quests?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

nuru posted:

What in 3.1 is affected by those quests?

diadem

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I get that based on people mentioning it, but what in particular? It sounds like a strange prereq unless FC diadem trips just take off from the front yard.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

nuru posted:

I get that based on people mentioning it, but what in particular? It sounds like a strange prereq unless FC diadem trips just take off from the front yard.

It is significantly more difficult to get to housing without access to the residential aethernet network, to the tune of wasting 15 minutes trying to guide them

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

nuru posted:

they take off from company workshops, just like everything else having to do with fc airships

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

nuru posted:

Some people elsewhere were getting at the Brilliant going up, but the cap also decreasing again so that 4 runs would show a noticeable gain. Seems like that was just speculation though, I'll run a 5th to see what happens.

I believe there are still bonus windows, because I was doing Sastasha runs with a fellow DGKK member and we were going up a light tier every other run.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

nuru posted:

The whole 24 person alliance has to be in the company's workshop to take off. If not, you get an error that a party member is too far away. Without the residential aethernet, it takes forever to get to where you need to go.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Why does MNK have so many situational abilities? I don't remember ever needing to dispel enemy buffs, and then you have random 60s CD skills like Mythril Peak and Howling Fist. Plus you get Mantra at this oddly high level.

I'm liking the class but outside of the GL buff and Fists of Fire at level 40 it doesn't feel like you get very much stuff from 36-49.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Doublestep posted:

i feel like a catgirl mmo having a vigil for a terrorist attack is on par with poo poo like spongebob crying at an image of the twin towers

Anyone got that image of the angel furry with a pregnant furry crying at a gravestone and it says "We still remember 9/11"?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Howling Fist, Steel Peak, and to a lesser degree (because you need it for mobility often enough to say so) Shoulder Tackle are all off-GCD damaging abilities that you typically hit on cooldown between your GCDs for extra damage (to multiple targets, potentially, with Howling Fist). Their individual potency isn't amazing but their cooldowns are all pretty low.

Same is true for Elixir Field in the post-50 abilities (which is higher potency than any of the above, AoE, and tied with Shoulder Tackle for fastest cooldown). Forbidden Chakra and Tornado Kick are slightly more complicated in their usage.

One Ilm Punch is, yes, laughable. Mantra is better once you get the trait at 48 to make it be a big enough percentage to say so, but it's still situational.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Why does MNK have so many situational abilities? I don't remember ever needing to dispel enemy buffs, and then you have random 60s CD skills like Mythril Peak and Howling Fist. Plus you get Mantra at this oddly high level.

I'm liking the class but outside of the GL buff and Fists of Fire at level 40 it doesn't feel like you get very much stuff from 36-49.

Monk actually only has 6 truly situational CD's, not counting obvious situational things (Featherfoot, Rockbreaker, Forbidden Chakra etc.)

Haymaker, the highest (non-dot) potency weaponskill you have but post-dodge only and also inflicts slow;
Arm of the Destroyer, an AoE silence since it costs too much TP for how weak it is as an AoE attack;
Mantra, a weak defensive CD for you and people close to you that stacks with Convalescence;
Shoulder Tackle, a potent movement ability as long as you have a target;
One-Ilm Punch, a unique debuff remove that can be extremely potent on the right targets (removing ten/hundred-thousands worth of effective hp by nixing a mob's stoneskin or removing buffs in pvp are it's best use;)
and Tornado Kick for when you need to trade immediate damage for your GL stacks (since they're likely to fall off in an oncoming lull etc.)

Everything else should be treated more like 'an attack that also does this thing.' GL increases all damage you do so there's little reason not to use your abilities as often as possible. That's MNK's thing after alls: relatively low potency attacks buffed up by Fists of Fire and GL. I find the oGCD attacks make fitting in Touch of Death rather easy since I hate interrupting the main DPS combo's for it.

After all, Howling Fist and Elixir Field aren't any weaker against a single target.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Leal posted:

Anyone got that image of the angel furry with a pregnant furry crying at a gravestone and it says "We still remember 9/11"?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Hahahahah what the gently caress

As an aside, did they bother putting ARF into main story roulette or even 60 roulette?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Leal posted:

Hold on to your butts

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Leal posted:

As an aside, did they bother putting ARF into main story roulette or even 60 roulette?

Nope, they couldn't put it into MSR because it's not a full party duty, and for some reason they didn't put it in 60 either.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

That's weird reasoning considering Guildhest Roulette forms 4 and 8 member parties right now.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Guess all the bots got updated for the new patch again - all the 24/7 level 50 miners are back, some guy's running a bot that sits in one spot spamming buffs and chain killing chinchillas, there's another one slowly farming karakul, a FATE botter, and the ever popular gibberish name teleporting BLMs.

I've yet to see a single bot i reported get banned. The mining bots i reported 4 months ago, they're all still running all day every day, and more have joined them. Kinda discouraging when there's so much cheating and nothing done about it.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

megalodong posted:

Guess all the bots got updated for the new patch again - all the 24/7 level 50 miners are back, some guy's running a bot that sits in one spot spamming buffs and chain killing chinchillas, there's another one slowly farming karakul, a FATE botter, and the ever popular gibberish name teleporting BLMs.

I've yet to see a single bot i reported get banned. The mining bots i reported 4 months ago, they're all still running all day every day, and more have joined them. Kinda discouraging when there's so much cheating and nothing done about it.

The only way to get bots banned quickly is to screenshot them all without their names blurred out, post all the screenshots on the official forums to publicly shame SE for not doing anything about them, and get your official forums account banned for calling out individual characters in public for cheating in the process.

I say this because I doubt it was coincidence that some person that spent months complaining about the North Shroud bots that were active for over a year on Exaclibur on the forums to no avail finally posted a screenshot with all their names not marked out, and the next ban wave actually banned that batch.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Boten Anna posted:

This makes me wonder if Materia might move in this direction, especially with the raid changes. It's already a huge pain in the rear end to go farm explicitly since spiritbonding is the goddamned worst, so most of it probably comes from quest rewards. Note that a key feature of Diadem is giving you garbage that can be spiritbound and more importantly, materia directly from spoils.

I don't think the Diadem gear can be spiritbonded.

But I agree that Diadem is the new materia farming method for HW. SE has probably realized what a shitshow spiritbonding is somewhere around Novus relics and introduced Diadem (and further mission zones) as the way to get your materia for your upcoming gear. At least with the missions you're doing something more active and interesting than farming water elementals in South Shroud or running T4 constantly.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Zweihander01 posted:

I don't think the Diadem gear can be spiritbonded.

Uh, yes it can. They announced it could like, pretty early on.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

End of 3.1 MSQ question, who was that whose feet we briefly saw watching Urianger and that one Ascian converse in the library? I feel like I should have recognized who that was.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Ciaphas posted:

End of 3.1 MSQ question, who was that whose feet we briefly saw watching Urianger and that one Ascian converse in the library? I feel like I should have recognized who that was.

I'm like 99% certain it's supposed to be Alisaie, since it jives with the look of her and alphinaud's wacky 2.x footie pajamas

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Tortolia posted:

I believe there are still bonus windows, because I was doing Sastasha runs with a fellow DGKK member and we were going up a light tier every other run.

Great point. I'll have to toggle it back on for guildwork and keep an eye on it.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Think of any oGCD ability less as "weird" and more as "free dps, yo." Monk's typically use every oGCD in their arsenal during their opener (You can fit at least 1 between every global cooldown) and then re-use them asap when they come off cooldown. It's free damage, and an important part of your total dps.

I remember using Arm of the Destroyer once ever while doing some HW hunt that needed to be silenced frequently, so me and the ninja had to swap silences. 99% of the time it's useless.

I don't even have One-Ilm Punch on my hotbar.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
The only time I've ever seen a possible use for one-ilm punch outside of PVP was for the Four Winds(?) FATE in CCH since one of the FATE bosses spams stoneskin which made them annoying a year ago if you were trying to solo clear it.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
90 minute tank queue for Void Ark today continues a week-long trend of hour+ queues which end in nothing when I inevitably run out of time to both wait for a queue AND do a 24-man dungeon and have to give up.

I guess I just won't be running Void Ark ever until I get a dps job to 60?

Gosh is this how non-tanks have used the queue system this entire time this is horrid who would stand for this

Where is my tank privilege I want it back give it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Meiteron posted:

90 minute tank queue for Void Ark today continues a week-long trend of hour+ queues which end in nothing when I inevitably run out of time to both wait for a queue AND do a 24-man dungeon and have to give up.

I guess I just won't be running Void Ark ever until I get a dps job to 60?

Gosh is this how non-tanks have used the queue system this entire time this is horrid who would stand for this

Where is my tank privilege I want it back give it back
It's been that way for everyone, queues are hosed up. Just nobody else is complaining about it because we're used to waiting anyway. :smith:

• Locked thread