Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

euphronius posted:

Beyond Vietnam is my favorite mlk speech

can't we just get beyond vietnamdome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Rollofthedice posted:

I'm going to try and go to bed, dadchat. Or at least lie down. I'm not feeling very well.

See you all tomorrow.

that's why you don't let robots make your bread

and why you should eat a taco

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
the hashtag #porteouverte, giving somewhere to stay to people stranded by the attacks, has nearly a million tweets by people saying how lovely it is. which seems counterproductive, to me

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
nyt dropping their paywall for this, that's cool

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

kustomkarkommando posted:

Im wondering if the primary target was the football match, something went wrong, gunmen fled, sprayed a few bullets opportunistically, someone realised they where near the concert hall which would be densely picked/easy pickings, doubled back and then attacked the concert.

Just spitballing at the mo

maybe they were just really mad that josh homme won't let the rest of the band go by kyuss legally

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ThirdPartyView posted:

Mayhaps let him join his best bud Smoothrich in permaprobation?

:agreed:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
this idiot navy guy in the terrorism thread is trying to lecture a french poster about france

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Exclamation Marx posted:

this idiot navy guy in the terrorism thread is trying to lecture a french poster about france

do us all a solid and probe him

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/theosint/status/665332674370883584

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
And now the ISS is having a power issue. Nothing major.

http://spaceflight101.com/iss-expedition-45/space-station-suffers-partial-loss-of-power-mission-control-evaluates-recovery-options/

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

do us all a solid and probe him

i'm just doing the idiots who are saying that muslims at large are to blame atm

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Exclamation Marx posted:

Boon posted:

Especially since extremists in the middle east and extremists in the Philippines have next to nothing in common except their religion but that is somehow enough to make common cause in many (but not all) cases. It's a tough problem I agree

He's so god damned close.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Exclamation Marx posted:

thank you, i am sure this is not how you want to spend your morning

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Exclamation Marx posted:

then do us a solid and knock MIGF, please

for six hours at least, please

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

CommieGIR posted:

He's so god damned close.

reminder that boon is the guy who claims that he does "tom clancy stuff" in the navy as justification for claiming north korea is a real threat

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Nintendo Kid posted:

reminder that boon is the guy who claims that he does "tom clancy stuff" in the navy as justification for claiming north korea is a real threat

also apparently so ignorant of french history he doesn't know why france might consider itself to have a special connection to the concept of human rights

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l59cg62wqpY

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

V. Illych L. posted:

also apparently so ignorant of french history he doesn't know why france might consider itself to have a special connection to the concept of human rights

Boon is the fucker that would've turned back Jews fleeing from Nazi occupied Europe.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

lmao hes in a loving jdam crew

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
vid of me

https://twitter.com/Good_Guy69/status/632681277875986432

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

free randroid

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Oh good, Boon has returned with PROOF of the radicalization of refugees. Gotta turn them back now France, they are all just terrorist seeds waiting to explode.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

CommieGIR posted:

Oh good, Boon has returned with PROOF of the radicalization of refugees. Gotta turn them back now France, they are all just terrorist seeds waiting to explode.

should never have let him get away from the whole "well refugees don't actually have rights" thing he was running, this is going to be much more of a hassle to shoot down

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

symbolic revolution, truly the best and most useful kind of revolution there is.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

V. Illych L. posted:

should never have let him get away from the whole "well refugees don't actually have rights" thing he was running, this is going to be much more of a hassle to shoot down

A bunch of guys already tackled him with France's policy on refugees, so now all he has is a bunch of studies to back his skepticism over refugees.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
I was gonna watch Beasts of No Nation tonight, but I think I've settled on the less depressing Rosemary's Baby

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Gut feelings are all the evidence an American needs.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

This is beautiful

Hey

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Judith Miller making a lovely crack about safe spaces re Paris

Same Miller who shills Iraq and is rightly discredited

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Gravel Gravy posted:

I was gonna watch Beasts of No Nation tonight, but I think I've settled on the less depressing Rosemary's Baby
Probably a good call.

Also MIGF is still lacking a probation.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

probate fade for backseat modding

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

fade5 posted:

Also MIGF is still lacking a probation.

At least MIGF is staying out of the France thread. Probate Boon, holy poo poo his logic is flawlessly horrid.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
lmao the state of pennsylvania has to start paying jerry sandusky a pension again

euph did you lose this case today

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

kustomkarkommando posted:

probate fade for backseat modding

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Gravel Gravy posted:

You Fucker

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

CommieGIR posted:

At least MIGF is staying out of the France thread. Probate Boon, holy poo poo his logic is flawlessly horrid.

I feel like, at this time, there is little that I can add to that discussion, and so I need not add anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

My Imaginary GF posted:

I feel like, at this time, there is little that I can add to the discussion, and so I need not add anything.

Good on you. This time

• Locked thread