Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Prorat posted:

All the liberals i follow on twitter are calling Trump and Newt assholes while not calling these terrorists assholes, just saying "sorry for the loss in Paris" and definitely not using the M word.

This is not okay. This is a hosed up mind set.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

The vast majority of terrorist attacks are committed by men which is roughly as relevant as the religion angle considering 1/3 of the world or so is Muslim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

Oh please let the jerkoffs who did this be traced back to ISIS agents from Syria and it culminates in France sticking its withered colonial dick in its former territorial holdings in a vain attempt to address the problem. Misery loves company, after all.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is extra scary as gently caress because its an example of the fear that people have had for years now regarding types of terrorist attack. That a terrorist attack doesn't need to be some hugely complex and logistically intensive plan like 9/11, it can just be a few guys with some guns and homemade bombs and some basic plan to kill as many people as possible. Security theater like we see at airports and poo poo can't do anything to stop something like that when they go after so called "soft targets." That is enough to kill a massive amount of people and shut down a major city. Obviously 9/11 was worse in terms of casualties by an order of magnitude but this kind of attack is so just easy comparatively. And that's scary as gently caress.

I've always wondered why they don't just bomb security theatre lines. Could prolly get 100+ people in busy season. May not kill 100+ but you'd maim em.

They'll need security theatre lines for security theatre

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Microwaves Mom posted:

I didn't know you were one of them...
We're everywhere.

We're in your country.

We're in your town.

WE'RE RIGHT BEHIND YOU.

Doctor Schnabel posted:

perhaps you should renounce islam then you cocksucker
But if I don't I theoretically get to look forward to 72 cocks to suck so if I'm a cocksucker why would I do that???

1gnoirents posted:

for your own good, you should stop being muslim. for one thing, its not true, and now, everybody is going to hate you.
I'm in America, most people will forget within a month and it'll be a talking point on the internet among people with nothing to do. :911:

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

The Brown Menace posted:

lol muslims in europe dont need to be emailed to not go to work

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Volume posted:

So Twitter just lets Isis do their thing on their site? I can respect that kind of dedication to free speech.

Twitter lets them post the names and addresses of american armed forces with calls for them to be murdered

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
if you don't troll isis on twitter whenever you get the chance, your are doing the internet wrong

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CHEF!!! posted:

Oh please let the jerkoffs who did this be traced back to ISIS agents from Syria and it culminates in France sticking its withered colonial dick in its former territorial holdings in a vain attempt to address the problem. Misery loves company, after all.

france wouldn't kill ISIS, they would just sneak in at night and gently caress their wives

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.

rear end cobra posted:

Hmm yeah let's wonder for a second who did this

could have been gamergate. i heard they are worse than isis.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

WaryWarren posted:

cnn is still talking about the specifics of the attacks over and over again, while msnbc is already talking about what this means for the future of europe. lol cnn

cnn has been doing reruns for the past couple hours, I gave up and switched to france24 even though it doesn't have captioning because I can at least lipread some of what the hosts are saying

occasionally I switch over to the bbc live feed that updates with new stuff

it looks like the hubbub has mostly died down though, and it'll take another several hours for the hot takes to be written and published and the suits to decide to do nothing about saudi arabia

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

SmokaDustbowl posted:

gas this thread

i should perhaps mention that I do indeed believe that Islam is the Light, I just can't be assed to put it into practice, and I think it's ridiculous that anyone else would. Tendai, please, for your own sake, stop giving a poo poo about anything except for heroin, which you should inject into your balls

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Christianity has caused this

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is extra scary as gently caress because its an example of the fear that people have had for years now regarding types of terrorist attack. That a terrorist attack doesn't need to be some hugely complex and logistically intensive plan like 9/11, it can just be a few guys with some guns and homemade bombs and some basic plan to kill as many people as possible. Security theater like we see at airports and poo poo can't do anything to stop something like that when they go after so called "soft targets." That is enough to kill a massive amount of people and shut down a major city. Obviously 9/11 was worse in terms of casualties by an order of magnitude but this kind of attack is so just easy comparatively. And that's scary as gently caress.

9/11 was pretty easy too, the most difficult part was synchronizing the attacks so they didn't waste their window of opportunity where guys with box cutters could level skyscrapers

the real reason everyone's losing their poo poo and looking for someone to bomb is because it happened in france instead of nigeria

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have there been any descriptions of the attackers? CNN commented that they weren't wearing masks but gave absolutely no identifying information.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Prorat posted:

All the liberals i follow on twitter are calling Trump and Newt assholes while not calling these terrorists assholes, just saying "sorry for the loss in Paris" and definitely not using the M word.

This is not okay. This is a hosed up mind set.

In their defense insulting living people makes more sense than insulting the dead

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Think of any major sports balll event. hosed up.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Tendai posted:

We're everywhere.

We're in your country.

We're in your town.

WE'RE RIGHT BEHIND YOU.

But if I don't I theoretically get to look forward to 72 cocks to suck so if I'm a cocksucker why would I do that???

I'm in America, most people will forget within a month and it'll be a talking point on the internet among people with nothing to do. :911:

You're pretty cool

Too bad about your religion

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Iveliosiudicium posted:

Hey CNN can you make the words BLOODBATH any larger and flash white and red faster?

CNN is trash

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Poetic Justice posted:

if you don't troll isis on twitter whenever you get the chance, your are doing the internet wrong
This is true. Bonus if you find the stupid loving American and other women who have gone to get married to them.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

CHEF!!! posted:

france is already massively involved in syria/isis

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Tendai posted:

We're everywhere.

We're in your country.

We're in your town.

WE'RE RIGHT BEHIND YOU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

WaryWarren posted:

cnn is still talking about the specifics of the attacks over and over again, while msnbc is already talking about what this means for the future of europe. lol cnn

Considering the pre-existing tension regarding Muslims in France, not to mention elsewhere in Europe, an attack like this seems largely counterproductive in any long-term sense. The backlash against Muslim immigrants was already going strong, and I don't see this helping.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Kakarot posted:

Christianity has caused this

Eradicate Abrahamism

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
MSNBC and the BBC isn't included with my lovely cable package so I'm stuck watching Anderson Cooper look dreamy but not say anything interesting.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tendai posted:

Have there been any descriptions of the attackers? CNN commented that they weren't wearing masks but gave absolutely no identifying information.

I heard all in black, but who wouldn't wear that. Not Isis

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Tendai posted:

WE'RE RIGHT BEHIND YOU.

I'm not afraid I have pork products and I'm not afraid to use them.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Tendai posted:

"Youths"

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Did people just forget about the Mumbai attacks in 2008 or something?

I mean that one was meticulously planned becasue they had support from elements of a neighboring state but the template isn't really that different

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Tendai posted:

dude just get grindr, it's way less hassle

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
unironicly if this had happened on trumps watch it'd the be last terror attack. He'd just drop all the nukes and call it done

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Tendai posted:

They were pretty ticked off about something

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

LGD posted:

Yes, they did.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

4outof5 posted:

THANKS A LOT T.E. LAWRENCE. Pillars of wisdom INDEED.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Considering the pre-existing tension regarding Muslims in France, not to mention elsewhere in Europe, an attack like this seems largely counterproductive in any long-term sense. The backlash against Muslim immigrants was already going strong, and I don't see this helping.

ISIS wants the West to hate them as much as possible and to attack them

I'm not sure I understand why you think this is counterproductive?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GORDON posted:

"Youths"
Fuckin' kids these days.

Trig Discipline posted:

dude just get grindr, it's way less hassle
I don't think dudes on grindr are looking for women to suck their dicks but maybe I just know weird gays

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

france uber alles

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

LGD posted:

I mean that one was meticulously planned becasue they had support from elements of a neighboring state but the template isn't really that different

This attack was pretty large, and almost likely state backed. France is going to fry some fuckers. Gulf State folk need to start crapping their pants on the reg.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yes, they did.

Browns killing browns is pretty forgettable tbh

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Brannock posted:

Eradicate Abrahamism

Ambitious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Darth123123 posted:

How is Franco involved in this?

He taught me that Islam is a race. I wonder if he learned that in MENSA. He's in MENSA, you know.

• Locked thread