Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lady Naga posted:

Yes I know, what I'm saying is that if you don't discover it until you're level 30, it'll change from T-51 to X-01.

Oh. :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

IIRC any guaranteed armour spawn that gives a full set will be X-01 if found past 30.

Barring the BoS ones.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Roobanguy posted:

does anyone know if there are stronger pistols than the .44? or something that by default uses .50?
Nope. Wait for mods. Not being able to rechamber the .44 or pipe revolver to .50 is dumb.

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!
Is there a fast way to scrap all of your junk? As in, the stuff in your inventory? Do I just drop it then go into editor mode, or can I just put it in the workbench?

I haven't really dicked around with building much. I just built one house in Sanctuary and gave the 5 people beds and said piss off. Lol.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
We really need a fuckin' FAQ.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
How do people take screenshots without HUD, and with what seems like free camera?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Broken Cog posted:

How do people take screenshots without HUD, and with what seems like free camera?
http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/fallout4cheatscodes.html

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!

Lady Naga posted:

I'd be glad to contribute.

While I'm on the spree of asking annoying questions (haven't asked any in this thread before this, just made commentary),

Is there a shop within the institute? I saw someone 10 pages back or so mentioned getting a plasma rifle within the institute, not sure if he meant he bought it or just looted it.

I think I'll just hold off on the power armor so I can get it at level 30.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Is a mumbled "Preach it, brother" seriously one of the dialogue fast-forwarding sound popups

i think this is the first time bethesda has made a good subtle joke

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Still wondering where I can find mutfruits :v:

ALSO

Is there such a thing as 'safe storage' in this game? I know that in other Bethesda games if you put poo poo in a container then left for long enough your poo poo would disappear. I need to store my fat man and minigun.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Misc furniture contains a floor safe.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Cheers!

khy posted:

ALSO

Is there such a thing as 'safe storage' in this game? I know that in other Bethesda games if you put poo poo in a container then left for long enough your poo poo would disappear. I need to store my fat man and minigun.
You can just shove everything in the workbench if you don't care about RP.

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!

khy posted:

ALSO

Just craft boxes. I crafted 2 wooden boxes and just tossed all my poo poo in there. Go to any settlement.

also found out the answer to my question. I didn't realize google answered all questions already. :thumbsup:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Minor spoilers for Minuteman quests:

If you convince Mama Murphy to stop taking chems, how do you get the next quest in the chain? I did that, and now I can't figure out how to get Taking Independence to show up. Did I screw something up?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Harrow posted:

If you convince Mama Murphy to stop taking chems, how do you get the next quest in the chain? I did that, and now I can't figure out how to get Taking Independence to show up. Did I screw something up?

That's actually not part of the quest, you just have to do some of those stupid Radiant "go solve some settlement's problems" quests and eventually you can do it.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
So, I can join the BoS without locking myself out of joining other factions, right? Or should I hold off to join a rival faction later on so I can tell the sanctimonious fuckers to shove it where the radiation don't glow later on?

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
So Piper is really hosed up in my game. I can't initiate any dialogue under the Talk option unless I click on follow and stay a few times and eventually I can get into the Talk menu. When that finally works, whenever I ask her something, my screen goes totally grey with some wacky lines in it until i move the camera out of the 3rd person conversation view. If anyone has any ideas for a potential fix I would be grateful. Is there a console command to reset her somehow maybe?

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Railroad and Institute.

Where and how do I join The Institute?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Lady Naga posted:

We also need a new, thought out, try hard OP and thread. I would but simply don't have time for that.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 14, 2015

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Protons posted:

Where and how do I join The Institute?

Keep playing the main quest.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Nope. Wait for mods. Not being able to rechamber the .44 or pipe revolver to .50 is dumb.

As is not being able to rechamber the SMG into .38, considering you can rechamber the .38 pipe gun into .45

How the hell you're supposed to waste .45 ammo on the SMG I don't know, I need it all for my combat rifle.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

As is not being able to rechamber the SMG into .38, considering you can rechamber the .38 pipe gun into .45

How the hell you're supposed to waste .45 ammo on the SMG I don't know, I need it all for my combat rifle.

you can buy spray n' pray from a wandering merchant which is a smg that does +15 explosive splash damage that comes with a silencer. its loving ridiculous.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

So I found a cool bug. If a mini-nuke hits you in VATS, it doesn't do damage! I was attacking some Gunners outpost near the coast and I fire a critical missile at a Legendary Gunner Commander, when the slowmo kicked in the camera panned to a mini nuke which was fired at me by another Gunner. It hits me square in the head while my missile flies towards my target. When the VATS sequence ended I hadn't taken any damage.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I just tried to start a new game and the exact moment i'm given control of my character after waking up i'm stuck. The game will not recognize any keyboard input other than the escape key, tilde, and quick save/load. 360 controller gives the same result. tcl does nothing. Reloading the autosave from in the house doesn't change anything either.

:thumbsup:

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vile posted:

How do I unlock the railroad door the second time (end of he line quest)

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Harrow posted:

Complete two or three quests for the Minutemen and it should unlock.

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Great it's actually all of my companions. even in earlier saves... What the gently caress...

edit: I went back to a pretty old save and everything seems ok. Only lost about 3 hours... Moral of the story is, check your companions every now and then cause something done fucks them up.

Baron fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 14, 2015

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Roobanguy posted:

you can buy spray n' pray from a wandering merchant which is a smg that does +15 explosive splash damage that comes with a silencer. its loving ridiculous.

I did see that and was considering getting it but I only just manage to break even with a tricked out and perked up combat rifle, so I really can't spare the ammo.

I tried using a pipe SMG type thing but it didn't work too well around Boston. I think the assault rifle can take other ammo types but I don't have the skill to make the mods for it.

I want a decent bullet hose that doesn't conflict with my main precision rifle. As it stands I can kill most things with the combat rifle, it just takes a while because I have to pick shots and it doesn't work too well when I unload the thing.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Odobenidae posted:

I just tried to start a new game and the exact moment i'm given control of my character after waking up i'm stuck. The game will not recognize any keyboard input other than the escape key, tilde, and quick save/load. 360 controller gives the same result. tcl does nothing. Reloading the autosave from in the house doesn't change anything either.

Yeah, I had this too, super loving annoying. If you load the save (from when you started heading to the vault) it should work fine, but it's still some pretty serious bullshit.

Edit: Wait, you reloaded and it happened again? That's REALLY hosed, I only had it happen once.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Not sure what happened but I appear to have become made of molten metal? I just spent awhile being attack by flamers but I was in power armor at the time and that was a bit ago?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Wait, you can get Mama Murphy to stop doing drugs?

Also, has anyone noticed that the notification messages that show up in the upper left corner (NNNN likes this, NNNN dislikes this, XXXX has been removed from your inventory etc) some times just don't show up? Kinda hard to know what my follower likes/dislikes when there's no feedback.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Vikar Jerome posted:

can't believe they put in a blade runner reference and didn't go out of their way to make the blade runner gun from fallout 1/2 and new vegas and make it a special pick up. loving bullshit.

And apparently Deckard is one of the recognized names.

And one of the hairstyles is pretty close to Rachael's.

And god drat synth mania.

But no loving That Gun.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Is any else getting instantly killed by none-legendary SMG equipped Mr. Gutsy? All the ones I've encountered are able to literally shoot a thousands rounds per second of perfectly accurate .45 rounds that kill me in power armor in half a second.

Fake edit: gently caress the guy who programmed how fusion cores are used, power armor should be defaulting to fusion cores with the LEAST amount of charges left, not popping a fresh one every time; now I have eight different fusion cores slots sitting in my inventory instead of a neat stack of 18. :argh:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I've been collecting some general FAQ-ish stuff so I don't forget it later and it occurred to me that it would be a real good thing for an OP. Would people want a new thread if I can get something good-looking put together?

EDIT: ^ Give all your full ones to your companion until you run out the rest.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Odobenidae posted:

I recommend making a save right before you get into the cyro chamber. Then you just have to keep loading and redoing that part. It took me like 8 times on my wifes character, didn't have it on my main character.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

ymgve posted:

Wait, you can get Mama Murphy to stop doing drugs?

Also, has anyone noticed that the notification messages that show up in the upper left corner (NNNN likes this, NNNN dislikes this, XXXX has been removed from your inventory etc) some times just don't show up? Kinda hard to know what my follower likes/dislikes when there's no feedback.

It's not too hard to figure out based on the character. I got codsworth to adore me for upgrading a piece of power armor. Cait likes it when I do drugs, pick locks, and steal, and dogmeat just loves you cuz he's a dogge.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I love the Strong hates it when you go all tin-man.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

jfood posted:

Strong hates anything that isn't punching people in the face.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Can you take Strong to the BoS airship...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

jfood posted:

Strong hates so much. He hates it when you use computers or pick locks. He hates it when you use Charisma skill checks. He hates it when you mod armor. I think he just hates THINKING in general.

But I think he loves it when you eat people and is the only companion who does so. Pretty good guy to have on your side if you like chowing down on the flesh of fellow humans.

• Locked thread