Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
It's brilliant. I really liked the anthology of shorts the author did as well. Clever writer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I was a bit disappointed that mimics were basically just hermit crabs but the treasure bugs make up for it.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Chas McGill posted:

It's brilliant. I really liked the anthology of shorts the author did as well. Clever writer.

There's two! And both are great!
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/the-dragons-seven-adorable-children-r10172
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/terrarium-in-drawer-r13858

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Aaaaaaaah!

I caught up in March Comes in Like a Lion. I want more chaptersssssss.

Is this in stores at all? I want to buy all the volumes.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Sonata Mused posted:

Aaaaaaaah!

Nobody's bothered to licensed the series for some dumbass reason, but a TV anime is on the way, and I'm praying that it will be good.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
So apparently Hi Score Girl is seinen? It's kind of weird seeing high school life mangas being rated for the older age group, but then again I guess it's more high brow than just explosions and brawls. Either way, I find this series to be really good, with a look at how a boy and two girls growing up around video games.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I think it's more that shonen manga is aimed at boys who can relate to wanting to be the protagonists, while Hi Score Girl is aimed at 20- and 30- somethings who can relate to having been like the protagonist. The series leans heavily on nostalgia, which would be lost if it was targeted at the 12-16 year old crowd.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

jwang posted:

So apparently Hi Score Girl is seinen? It's kind of weird seeing high school life mangas being rated for the older age group, but then again I guess it's more high brow than just explosions and brawls. Either way, I find this series to be really good, with a look at how a boy and two girls growing up around video games.

That is a really cute comic. Mute gamer girl is amusing.

edit: I just got to the part where mute girl flies to LA and now there's this new girl. I hope mute girl comes back =(

I feel so bad for Koharu. She is fully aware that she is not the main love interest but is still trying her best.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Nov 14, 2015

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Sonata Mused posted:

Aaaaaaaah!

It's licensed in Italy if you can read the language. It's also caught up to the japanese volume releases, and the latest chapter is really loving great.

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.
New Dorohedoro (138) makes it clear that we are not any closer to closure.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I really want to read it but I'm probably just goin to wait until I can binge read the whole thing in 10 years

pandabear
Apr 27, 2006
Yuureitou recently ended.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Wookie Bouquet posted:

I think people started saying it was finishing... two years ago. :(

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Wookie Bouquet posted:

drat. Well, thanks for the spoilerfree headsup. Now I'm curious how people thought it was going to end within a year. Did the author change her mind? Or maybe we just misread the current arc or something.

Does the serie still feel like it's going strong?

coathat
May 21, 2007

Loves me some female prisoner http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Sasori/Vol-001-Ch-002--A-Sweet-Trap?id=252789

Don't gently caress with her.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Mindblast posted:

drat. Well, thanks for the spoilerfree headsup. Now I'm curious how people thought it was going to end within a year. Did the author change her mind? Or maybe we just misread the current arc or something.

Does the serie still feel like it's going strong?

It's really good and dramatic. I think she just changed her mind to make the end less sudden. It depends on the speed of releases really.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New Shiori Experience.

I dunno why I thought that kid was her brother. End of chapter was certainly worth it though

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Captain Invictus posted:

New Shiori Experience.

I dunno why I thought that kid was her brother. End of chapter was certainly worth it though
I had a feeling you're meant to, maybe. He looked sort of similar to how she remembered her bro, I think.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the documentary. I didn't expect it to actually feature her performance, since that's being saved as a prop in a redemptive set piece.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chas McGill posted:

I had a feeling you're meant to, maybe. He looked sort of similar to how she remembered her bro, I think.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the documentary. I didn't expect it to actually feature her performance, since that's being saved as a prop in a redemptive set piece.

Kinda glad it didn't go that route as it would be pretty drat similar to how a lot of the stuff in Beck kicked off.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I can't fcking wait for Morrison, Joplin and the rest of the 27 club to appear in Shiori

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Crossover with Me and the Devil Blues were Jimi goes full fanboy at Robert Johnson

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'd love to see Tupac in. It could say he actually died 2yrs after his 'death'.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm rooting for Amy Winehouse, personally.

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

Wild Horses posted:

It's really good and dramatic. I think she just changed her mind to make the end less sudden. It depends on the speed of releases really.

I'm going to second this, I think the series has been consistently good throughout, and I certainly don't begrudge more of it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Monster-Musume-no-Iru-Nichijou/Ch-038--LQ?id=255678

New monster musume. No fanservice really, either, and a nice little funny story, I was surprised.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Captain Invictus posted:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Monster-Musume-no-Iru-Nichijou/Ch-038--LQ?id=255678

New monster musume. No fanservice really, either, and a nice little funny story, I was surprised.

gently caress yeah Lala story

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Looks like CR dumped a whole bunch of new chapters out today, incluuuuuuuding: And Still The Town Turns 128

I really like these little one off mystery chapters.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fellis posted:

gently caress yeah Lala story
If it just subtitles everything she says in chuuni mode I think that'd make her a much more fun character

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Chas McGill posted:

I'd love to see Tupac in. It could say he actually died 2yrs after his 'death'.

Shiori Experience including Tupac conspiracy theories would be the funniest poo poo ever. Maybe he lived on the moon for 2 years?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I've been really enjoying the latest arc of "Stravaganza". Of course, the art has always been fantastic, but once it stopped being quite so much about :sonia: and developed something of a story it's just been fantastic. A shame it updates so infrequently.

In the latest chapter, we had some excellent action! The artist really knows how to draw people moving!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
So how long does it take to ditch the creep factor? Anything tagged "ecchi" makes me antsy

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
It's not creepy to begin with, the characters are adults.

But basically if you want to start with an action story that has no fanservice whatsoever, it starts with chapter 8: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Stravaganza-Isai-no-Hime/Vol-002-Ch-008--Raid?id=223437

The rest are basically just short stories about daily life in the kingdom.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
After a bunch of dumb silly chapters, Railgun seems to be kicking off its next big/real arc finally.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is that the most recent chapter? Or are we way behind?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm pretty sure it's the most recent; came out in late November or something.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wow, does it just not update very often? I may just be misremembering but it feels like a chapter comes out every few months.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It does not update that often, or at least not as much the past year or so. The author (not the artist) is presumably often busy writing the novels in the main series.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ah, that's a shame, I hear railgun is way more well liked than index (I'm assuming that's the main series, never read it)

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I was reading Dorohedoro again, and I'm not sure how, but I got this weird thought: Dorohedoro is Super Mario Bros. Let me explain: we have a guy whose powers revolves around mushrooms (Mario/En), he's fighting a lizard guy (Bowser/Kaiman) who is (technically) the boss of a bunch of misfits and outcasts, lizard guy steals from the mushroom guy a lady important to him (the Princess/Nikaido), there's a cowardly character that's very loyal to the mushroom guy (Luigi/Fujita).

I could go on, but rereading this series has put such a strain on my brain that I'm going to call it a night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
no