Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
So what's the ETA on a patch, because holy poo poo I've got a serious case of Murphy's Law with quest breaking bugs. I can't complete any of the BoS quests because walking into the police station makes me fall through the world, I can't progress the main quest because the door to Vault 114 won't open, and I can't do anything with the Railroad because Dr. Corrigan won't talk to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Azhais posted:

That seems super low, you'd have like a 20 person max, why even bother with the 40 water building?

You know the dudes at The Hub got rich off water, right?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Azhais posted:

That seems super low, you'd have like a 20 person max, why even bother with the 40 water building?

Settlements connected via a supply line share resources in addition to scrap, so your 40 person water tank is good for two maxed out settlements.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Settlements connected via a supply line share resources in addition to scrap, so your 40 person water tank is good for two maxed out settlements.

I don't think they share anything produced on the AID tab. Only Junk.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Kiggles posted:

I don't think they share anything produced on the AID tab. Only Junk.

The game disagrees.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the glowing sea is a really neat area. I like that it ends outside of the map's boarders

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Dont think I've seen a single T-51b in my game. At level 37, still no X-01's at power armor spawns either :(

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dandywalken posted:

Dont think I've seen a single T-51b in my game. At level 37, still no X-01's at power armor spawns either :(

I've got some of both. you can steal the x-01 helmet from the quartermaster's room in the brotherhood of steal air fortress, but you need rank 3 in hacker to get in

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013

What is this? I couldn't find anything about it on the internet, looks to be some kind of drone or maybe a Terminator reference?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The lighting in this game can be really pretty. Also, I live in a gas station.

Rad storms are AMAZING for ambiance. Also, the lamps on the X-01 are the loving eyes. Your eyes loving glow. I love this poo poo. :allears:

Fergus posted:

What is this? I couldn't find anything about it on the internet, looks to be some kind of drone or maybe a Terminator reference?

Whatever it is, it looks like a Fallout version of the Northrop YB-35.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Fergus posted:

It's a fallout version of the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_YB-49 / https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_YB-35 most likely

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Azhais posted:

The excess water gets dropped in your workshop as Purified Water which sells for a pretty penny.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Welp, for some reason I keep crashing to desktop whenever I try to do plastic surgery.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Question. Is there anyway to turn the junk you collect into instant components. Or does it just have to sit in the workshop inventory as lamps and poo poo.

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!
Anyone having problems with a dual screen setup while playing on a laptop? I've tried it with a monitor and a TV and both times the game either defaulted to my laptops screen or showed up on the second one as a black screen and then froze.

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013

Oh that's interesting. I was really hoping it was a reference to the HK drone from Terminator. But those would probably be more likely.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
The weirdest thing happened to me while playing this: I actually gave two shits about the story and characters. In a Bethesda game.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If you see a mirelurk king, don't think it will be a pushover like they were in Fallout 3/New Vegas. :gonk:

I don't have enough missiles to be exploring the coastline.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Whelp my companions have disappeared, Codsworth, dogmeat and piper, I tried console commanding piper back but she won't speak to rejoin me. :sigh:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

If you see a mirelurk king, don't think it will be a pushover like they were in Fallout 3/New Vegas. :gonk:

I don't have enough missiles to be exploring the coastline.

yeah they surprised me. them and ghouls are both way more agile than I would have dreamed going into this game

also my first real deathclaw experience scared the crap out of me and was super cool because it was during a rad storm, but it was actually really easy since I was on my way to the glowing sea and decked out in full power armor :v:

Viperix posted:

The weirdest thing happened to me while playing this: I actually gave two shits about the story and characters. In a Bethesda game.

yeah I actually quite like the companions for the most part, and the pc has enough personality to feel like an actual character. like it's not the best writing ever, but it's definitely a step up from any of their previous games

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Is there a way to dismantle explosives? I've got a ton of frag mines and I know you make bombs at a chem station but can you dismantle them there with, like, explosives expert 2 or something?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Was level 17 too early to fight the Mirelurk Queen? I mean, I won, but it took most of my fusion cells, all of my .45 ammo, and like 8 stimpaks. That was a fuckload of health. The stupid little minions broke my power armor's legs and I'm pretty sure the acid shots would've one-shot me if I wasn't in power armor in the first place.

I also didn't find the missile launcher until afterwards. I wonder how much damage those two missiles would've done. :negative:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Harrow posted:

Was level 17 too early to fight the Mirelurk Queen? I mean, I won, but it took most of my fusion cells, all of my .45 ammo, and like 8 stimpaks. That was a fuckload of health. The stupid little minions broke my power armor's legs and I'm pretty sure the acid shots would've one-shot me if I wasn't in power armor in the first place.

I also didn't find the missile launcher until afterwards. I wonder how much damage those two missiles would've done. :negative:

You can stop wondering, the answer is "not much".

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've been too busy playing homesteader queen to progress quests or even wander anywhere near the coast.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
that was strange I kept dismissing companions and then they would show up back near me I reloaded an older save because it was driving me bonkers and it fixed... I kind of like companions they are nice to keep the enemies busy but other than that they dont collect items like I was under the impression they were supposed to whats up with that? why is it that I inspect dogmeat after 10 hours and eh is empty? Is it only later companions that pick up a lot of things?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I've been too busy playing homesteader queen to progress quests or even wander anywhere near the coast.

The only reason I'm at the coast right now is because I'm hoping to find some nice beachfront property :v:

Honestly, for how loving hard all the enemies here are to kill for my melee character I shouldn't be here. They don't even drop any loot so I'm just burning through consumables for no tangible gain. On the other hand, I'm a sucker for ocean areas in video games, so I'm having a great time just exploring. I skilled aqua boy just so I could freely swim through the water without a care. At least until I piss off a mirelurk and get ambushed.

~wish you were here~

Soral
May 30, 2009

Gonkish posted:

Rad storms are AMAZING for ambiance. Also, the lamps on the X-01 are the loving eyes. Your eyes loving glow. I love this poo poo. :allears:

finally, a real use for the lovely coloured lamps that make it harder to see than if it were dark

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I think one of my only tiny complaints with the power armor is that even with all the neat styles they put in, I just want a cool Frank Horrigan design one, though hopefully mods at some point will get on that.

DUTY, HONOR... COURAGE... SEMPER FIIII......

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Awesome, I can't play the game anymore because of a bug! I finished the Dangerous Minds quest (the one where you go inside Kellog's memories) and when I came out everything appeared to be working fine. The NPCs I needed to talk to responded (which some people didn't even have that happen) and I got pointed to the next area. I went to do a few sidequests and then when I went to go back to the main quest it still showed me as stuck on a previous stage of Dangerous Minds. Now Nick won't talk to me and acts like I'm just about to hop into the device with him.

If I use a console command to complete the quest it ticks it off, but it doesn't trigger the next quest so I'm stuck. I don't want to reload to before I started the quest since that's like 5 hours back and I don't even know what triggered the glitch or if it will happen again. This is literally the first game I've ever played that completely broke to the point where I couldn't actually continue through the main story, although maybe I've just been insanely lucky until now. Great job, Bethesda! :thumbsup:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
What does Tinker Tom's shot do?

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

Legs Benedict posted:

so what's the trick to killing assaultrons, gently caress those things

Cripple the legs. In fact that's the best tactic for any bullet sponge enemy.

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Also it gives you a poo poo ton of purified water for healing/selling

Thin Privilege posted:

What does Tinker Tom's shot do?

Seems like it just hurts you, I haven't noticed any changes otherwise.

Koala Cola fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 14, 2015

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

That entire moment just seems like a horribly out of place spike in the difficulty curve. No weak spots, no tricks. Just a bullet sponge that kills you in one hit. I did it at level 12 with no power armour by running through a door, dodging the acid shots and emptying the laser rifle that BoS guy gives you (plus all my grenades and molotvs.) Weird thing is nothing up to that point felt out of place for my level, and I'd just been following the quests avaiable to me.

It also really annoys me that the game seems balanced around having the power armour all the time. Something that's supposed to be special and powerful feels completely loving flat when it's a starting item and the entire game is balanced around it being so.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Found some crazy Mr. Gutsy near Sunshine tidings Co-op. Guess I'm not going that way, that thing just one-shots me if I go near it. :staredog:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I like that in Fallout 3 you have to track down a GECK and unleash a giant robot against the Enclave to put the finishing touches on a water purifier that took 20 years to build and then along comes Fallout 4 and you've been on ice for 200 years and you can just poo poo one out made from tin cans and toasters.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The one in this game actually does something useful at least

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So I guess Fallout 4 confirms that nuking Megaton in 3 is actually the correct, morally justified choice.

VVV The whole point of Project Purity was to purify water on a massive scale so literally everyone could have it. Its not that people didn't know how to purify water, its that your dad wanted to make tons of water clean again so people aren't dieing of thirst.

You know, in theory. In practice the Brotherhood somehow manages to take control of an entire loving river of clean water so nothing gets accomplished really.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Nov 14, 2015

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!

sitchelin posted:

I like that in Fallout 3 you have to track down a GECK and unleash a giant robot against the Enclave to put the finishing touches on a water purifier that took 20 years to build and then along comes Fallout 4 and you've been on ice for 200 years and you can just poo poo one out made from tin cans and toasters.

I was thinking the same thing, I'm glad that someone else noticed this.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

So I found that robot park where you can activate the four different Protectrons in parade. It's adorable :3:

Then an Alpha Deathclaw wandered in and I thought I was hosed until all four swamped it. The firefighter and medical ones kept stunning it with their spray/shocks while the construction one nail'd it and the cop beat it to death.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Joda posted:

That entire moment just seems like a horribly out of place spike in the difficulty curve. No weak spots, no tricks. Just a bullet sponge that kills you in one hit. I did it at level 12 with no power armour by running through a door, dodging the acid shots and emptying the laser rifle that BoS guy gives you (plus all my grenades and molotvs.) Weird thing is nothing up to that point felt out of place for my level, and I'd just been following the quests avaiable to me.

It also really annoys me that the game seems balanced around having the power armour all the time. Something that's supposed to be special and powerful feels completely loving flat when it's a starting item and the entire game is balanced around it being so.

I've replayed it a few times now since I was curious why it was set up the way it was. Turns out it's actually a really easy fight. Sure as poo poo will make you want to crap your pants the first time you encounter it though.

The easy way to do it is show up in power armor. The starting armor will do. Then use the interior halls of the castle as cover. It can't get in there, and there are lots of areas you can jam your gun through to shoot out into the courtyard. Hell, there's even some old castle style murder holes that let defenders pour fire out into the courtyard.

You want to keep moving, because it's acid will gently caress you up something fierce. Put as many shots are are safe in, then move on to the next one. While you're doing that a steady stream of minutemen will be outside whittling it down with you. When one dies another one spawns. So you really can't "lose" the fight barring their being a spawn cap on them or something.

Since you don't have to worry about the Queen you only have to worry about her spawns. And they're not an issue with power armor on. Since you're in armor the hatchlings can't even really damage you. From there you have to deal with maybe two or three mirelurks that will come inside. The armor should give you a buffer against them if you're lovely at combat.

It's a really easy fight if you approach it properly. Probably one of the easiest ones in the game past the prologue content. Unfortunately most people seem to think they're going to charge the two and a half story tall killing machine and not get ripped apart. Earlier Fallout games this ain't. If you're playing on survival poo poo like that will end you. So think tactically and use the environment properly.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Nov 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

open console, click on it and enter 'kill'

• Locked thread